National Power Training Institute has issued the NPTI PGDC Admission 2019 Application Form for admission in PGDC Programme through an Entrance Test for the academic year 2019-20. This is a one-year program spread over two Semesters covering formal training at Institutes and industrial/field training. The Admission to these P.G. Diploma courses will be done on Merit based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the Common Entrance Test (CET-2019) followed by Counseling. The candidates can check the complete detail of NPTI PGDC CET 2019 such as Application form, eligibility criteria, and other processes on this page.
NPTI PGDC Admission 2019
The NPTI PGDC Admission 2019 will start soon. The candidates who are eligible and are interested may apply for it. The NPTI PGDC Admission 2019 schedule is given below for the ease of the students.
|Online Registration Commencement|
|Last Date for Online Registration|
|Downloading of Admit card||25 Jun 2019|
|Date and Time of PGDC CET – 2019||03 Jul 2019|
|Date of Declaration of result||15 Jul 2019|
|Date of Counselling||23 & 24 Jul 2019|
|Date of reporting & commencement of course||01 Aug 2019|
|Date of Spot Admission for vacant seats if any by counselling||08 Aug 2019|
- Power Plant Engineering: B.Tech. / B.E. or its equivalent with minimum 60% marks in Mechanical/ Electrical /Electrical & Electronics / C& I / Power Engineering and related branches.
- Smart Grid Technologies: B.Tech. / B.E. or its equivalent with minimum 60% marks in Electrical /Electrical & Electronics / Electronics & Communication / C&I /Computer Science/ Information & Communication Technology / IT and related branches.
- Power System Operation: B.Tech. / B.E. or its equivalent with minimum 60% marks in Electrical/Electrical & Electronics / C&I / Power Engineering and related branches.
- Energy Market Management: B.Tech. / B.E. or its equivalent with minimum 60% marks in Electrical /Electrical & Electronics / C&I / Mechanical / Power Engineering and related branches.
- Renewable Energy & Grid Interface Technologies: B.Tech. / B.E. or its equivalent with minimum 60% marks in Electrical /Electrical & Electronics / Electronics & Communication / C&I /Computer Science/ Information & Communication Technology / IT / Mechanical / Power Engineering and related branches.
Those appearing in their final year examination can also apply. However, they must submit their final degree/provisional degree certificate at the time of Counseling.
Age Limit: There is no age limit for admission to PGDC courses.
The Application form has been released for NPTI PGDC Admission 2019 on May 15, 2019. The candidates can get the detailed information about the application from the instructions given below. Candidates can apply for the course from the official website of NPTI or the direct link that we provide here.
The Application Fee for NPTI PGDC 2019 Admission is Rs. 2000/- The candidates have to submit the fee online at the time of filling the application form. No application will be accepted without online payment.
How to Apply?
- The candidate has to click on the link given above.
- After clicking the application form will be opened.
- The candidate has to fill the personal details, address, educational details, course details, sponsorship details, experience details (if any).
- After filling up these details, the candidate has to click on “Click here for e-fee deposit”.
- Now click on the “I Agree” term and submit.
- Now fill up your details and then click the “Submit” button.
- Make your payment of Rs. 2000/- by choosing. debit card/ credit card/net banking.
- Fill the other details like declaration, photo, signature, sponsorship letter.
- After filling up all the details click on the “Submit” button.
All the candidates who submit their application form successfully before the due date will be able to download the admit card for the Entrance Examination. NPTI PGDC CET Admit card will be issued on the official website. Students can also download the admit card from this page directly.
The Common Entrance Test includes Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions of General Aptitude and General Engineering. The test would be an offline paper-based. The questions are to be answered on OMR sheet. There will be negative marking. Each of the marked correct answers shall be rewarded one (1) mark and a wrong answer shall be penalized by (-0.25) mark.
|Number of Questions||Parts||Description of the Part|
|45||Part-I||General Aptitude (including Basic Mathematics / Basic Science / Language / Analytical Reasoning / Data Interpretation etc|
|45||Part-I||Group||Basic General Questions based on|
|G-I||Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication, C&I, Computer Science and IT|
|G-II||Mechanical Engineering & Power Engineering|
The Admission to these P.G. Diploma courses will be done on Merit based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the Common Entrance Test (CET-2019) followed by Counseling. Therefore, it is mandatory for the candidates to qualify the Entrance Test to get the admission in Post graduation Diploma courses.
Merit list will be released on the official website after the conduction of the Entrance test. The candidates whose name will appear in the merit list will be called for further admission process such as counseling. A direct link to check the PGDC CET 2019 Result will be provided here for the sake of the desired candidates.
Counseling will be held simultaneously at NPTI (CO), Faridabad, PSTI, Bengaluru, NPTI, Nagpur & NPTI, Durgapur. Candidates may attend the counseling at any one of the above institutes as per their choice mentioned in the application form.
The candidate must appear in person at the chosen counseling centre on counseling date along with all relevant original documents including EWS/PWD/caste certificate (if applicable), Date of Birth document, Educational Qualifications, etc. The list of documents to be carried for counseling round would be published on the website before counseling round. The schedule of counseling round & merit list of candidates allowed to appear for counseling round would be displayed on the website npti.gov.in. The Sponsored candidates have to produce sponsorship letter at the time of counseling. The Sponsored candidates will not be considered for Campus Placements.
Allocation of Course and Institute
Allocation of course and Institute will be done on the basis of Merit List based on marks obtained by the candidates in CET-2019 subject to availability of seats at institutes at the time of respective Counseling. Allotment of all seats will be done only by Counseling.
Counseling schedule and details will be displayed on the official website after declaration of the result. All candidates are advised to check the website frequently for any updates. No individual communication shall be entertained.
- All Instructions/ Notifications or any further information to the candidates regarding the CET-2019/PGDC Admission shall be displayed on the website npti.gov.in.
- All the admissions will be done by counseling only.
- NPTI reserves all the rights to start or stop any PGDC program at any institute and also reserves the rights to make any changes in important dates, curriculum, exam centres, counseling centres and no. of seats in courses offered.
After the successful application, if the candidate will be shortlisted for the admission then the candidate has to submit the course fee. The details about the course fee are shown in the image.
Reservation for EWS/SC/ST/OBC-NCL/Physically Challenged as per Govt. of India Norms. 25% seats are reserved for candidates sponsored from Power utilities. All Institutes have an equal level of infrastructure as per the requirement of the courses. The seat allocations of the institutes are as below:
Official website: npti.gov.in
For more information NPTI PGDC Admission 2019 – Download Prospectus.