NSNIS Admission 2020 – Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports, Patiala, has started the application process for Diploma in Sports Coaching and M.Sc (Sports Coaching). The candidates can fill the application form at nsnis.org. There shall be an online test for the students willing to take admission in Diploma in Sports Coaching. Besides the entrance test, the candidates will be called for the personal interview. For M.Sc Sports Coaching, a written test and interview will take place. The final admission is based on the educational qualification of the candidates, personal interview, and sports achievement. Check more information about NSNIS admission 2020 such as eligibility criteria, the application process, fee structure etc.
– A public notice has been released for the declaration of results of the Admission Test for Diploma in Sports Coaching (ATDSC) of National Institute of Sports (NIS)-2020. Scroll down to check.
– The National Testing Agency (NTA) has uploaded the Question Papers, responses of each candidate, and the provisional answer keys on the website from September 19-21, 2020. CHeck complete notice below.
NSNIS Admission 2020
The candidates who are shortlisted as per their academic qualification shall have to appear for the Physical fitness test. Check more information about NSNIS admission 2020.
|NSNIS Admission 2020||Events|
|Extension of last date for Online Education Programmes||09 Jun 2020|
|Availability of application form for Diploma in Sports Coaching||10 Jun 2020|
|Last date for filling the form for |
Diploma in Sports Coaching
|09 Jul 2020|
|Last date to submit M.Sc Coaching application form||20 Jul 2020|
|Test for Diploma in Sports Coaching||12 Sep 2020|
|Date for Display of QP and Challenge of Provisional|
|19-21 Sep 2020|
|Test for Online Education Programme||to be announced|
Check Answer Key: Click here to make login for check the answer key, response and QP.
NSNIS Admission 2020 Public Notice
Click here to download Notice
NSNIS Admission 2020 Notice for Answer Key
Click here to download the Notice
NSNIS Admission 2020 Admit Card Notice
NSNIS Admission 2020 Admit Card
National Testing Agency has released the admit card for Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports, Patiala. Candidates can download the admit card online through the direct link is given below. Applicant enter the required credential such as Application Number and Date of Birth.
Download Admit Card: Click here to download the NSNIS Admission 2020 Admit Card.
NSNIS Admission 2020 Diploma in Sports Coaching Test Notice
NSNIS Admission 2020 Application Form
The candidates can fill National Institute of Sports 2020 application form in the online mode at the official website only. Check the application process for Diploma in Sports Coaching.
- Click on the link given above
- Then, register by entering the necessary details name, mobile number, e-mail and password
- Next, enter the personal details like name, father’s name, date of birth, state of domicile, name of the country
- Then, enter the educational details.
- Next, upload the images in the application form
- Then, pay the application fee and take a printout of the form
Documents to upload with the application form
|Signature||900 x 120 pixels||50 KB||jpeg, jpg, png|
|Photograph||120 x 40 pixels||50 KB||jpeg, jpg, png|
|Reservation category (if applicable)||A4||250 KB|
|NOC by employer (if employed)||A4||250 KB|
|Educational Qualification||A4||250 KB|
|Sport Achievement||A4||250 KB|
Application Fee: The application fee for M.Sc in Sports Coaching course is Rs 1000. The candidates can submit application form for M.Sc Coaching by offline mode. To do so, download the application form from the official website and send it via demand draft.
Courses Offered via NSNIS Admission 2020
Check the list of available courses offered at Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports admission 2020.
- Diploma in Sports Coaching
- M.Sc in Sports Coaching
- Skill Development courses
- Certificate courses
- PG Diploma in Sports Medicine
M.Sc in Sports Coaching (Available Disciplines)
Eligibility Criteria for NSNIS Admission 2020
Check the eligibility criteria for different courses offered at Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports.
For Diploma Course in Sports Coaching
Age Criteria: The candidates must be between 21-35 years of age as on August 01, 2020. Upper age relaxation shall be given to the following candidates:
- The candidates who have participated in Olympic Games / Senior World Championship / Commonwealth Games / Senior Commonwealth Championship.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC category.
- In services or ex-services candidates from Armed Forces of India.
Educational Qualification: The candidates must have passed class 12th.
- The candidates must have represented India in Olympics.
- The candidates must have won medals at Senior World Championship.
- The candidates must have won gold medal in Asian / Commonwealth Games.
Category A (II), B and C
M.Sc in Sports Coaching
Age Limit: The candidates must not be 45 years of age as on the day of commencement of the course.
- The candidates must be Graduate in any subject from any recognized Indian / Foreign University.
- The candidates must have passed a Diploma in Sports Coaching from S.A.I., N.S.N.I.S., Patiala, or its academic centers with a minimum of 60% marks.
- The candidates should also have the aptitude for research work.
- Also, the candidates must be proficient in Sports.
PG Diploma in Sports Medicine
- The candidates must have done Bachelor of Medicine / Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS examination from any Indian / Foreign university recognized Medical Council of India).
- The candidates must have also done one year compulsory rotatory internship.
The candidates should have also obtained permanent registration with the Medical Council of India OR Any of the State Medical Councils OR should obtain the same within one month of admission.
Foreign national or NRI has to obtain their PG study registration from Medical Council of India.
Skill Development Courses
Age Limit: The candidates must be between 18-45 years of age.
Selection Process for National Institute of Sports Admission 2020
Check the selection process for the courses offered at NSNIS admission given below.
For Diploma Course in Sports Coaching
If in case, there are more than one candidate in one sport discipline, then, the following ranking criteria shall be followed.
- Firstly, medical in Olympics shall be considered.
- Secondly, medal in Senior World Championships shall be considered.
- Third, participating in Olympics will be considered.
- Fourth, Gold medal in Commonwealth / Asian Games will be considered.
Score Tie: If there is a tie in scores, the admission will be given to the candidates who are older in age.
Final Admission in Diploma in Sports Coaching: The final admission in Diploma in Sports Coaching shall be merit-based and the following points shall be considered.
|Specialized Sports Theory Test (MCQ)||25|
|General Knowledge Theory Test||10|
|Logical Reasoning and Coaching Aptitude||10|
|Language & Communication||10|
|Basic Computer Knowledge||5|
Marks Allotted for Educational Qualification
|Educational Qualification||Marks Allotted|
|B.P.Ed / Post Graduate in any other course than Physical Education||03|
|M.P.Ed / MBA in Sports Management||05|
|M.Phil / Ph.D in Physical Education / Sports||10|
Check the marks allotted for Sports Achievements given below.
Selection Criteria for Master’s in Sports Coaching
- For admission in Master’s in Sports Coaching, the candidates are required to pass a written test that shall be based on the topics of Sports Sciences.
- Next, an interview shall be conducted in which personality, power of expression, and knowledge in the field of sports shall be checked. Also, research for aptitude will also be checked.
- Also, the previous educational qualifications, achievements in the fields of sports, experience, achievements in the field of coaching and marks obtained in the Diploma of Sports Coaching shall also be considered.
- Lastly, the candidates have to undergo a physical fitness test to join the course
Selection Criteria for PG Diploma in Sports Medicine
- The selection in PG Diploma in Sports Medicine shall be as per All India Quota as conducted by MCC.
- The selection shall also be made by State / Institutional quota as conducted by BFUHS, Faridkot
What is Coach Education Programme?
Coach Education Programme (CEP) is offered by Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports. This test is conducted by NTA in the online mode. This is an online proctored exam. There are two exams in this programme. One is for any of the 23 discipline offered by the institute and other is the exam in Sports Science.
Coach Education Programme Application Form: The application form for CEP releases in the online mode at nsnis.org. To fill its application form, the candidates have to do the registration fist, then, fill the particulars in the application form. Next step is to upload the images. Lastly, the candidates have to pay the application fee.
Documents to be submitted with application form
- Copy of Board’s certificate for candidate’s name, mother’s name, father’s name, date of birth
- Address for communication, e-mail id, mobile number
- Scanned image of photograph
- Identity details such as aadhar number / paasport number / election card / ration card number / PAN card number
- Scanned image of signature
- Bank account details
- Pwd certifcate (if applicable)
Application Fee: The candidates can pay the application fee using debit card / credit card / net banking.
|Particulars||For one exam||For both exam|
|Males||Rs 200||Rs 400|
|Females||Rs 100||Rs 200|
Eligibility: The candidates must have passed 10+2 and must be 18 years of age as on 01 May 2020.
Duration: The duration of the test is 30 minutes.
Type of questions: There are MCQs in the test
Distribution of questions:
|Type of questions||Difficulty level||No. of questions|
|Recall Type||Easy level||10|
|Understanding Type||Medium level||10|
|Application Type||Difficult level||10|
Syllabus for NSNIS Admission 2020
Check the syllabus given below for Diploma in Sports Teaching.
Specialized Sports Theory Test
- Basic Terminology
- Technical rules
- Specification for play fields / courts / arena / equipment and competition treat.
- Current Affairs
- Basic sports awareness at national and international events
- Rural sports in the country
- Sports promotional schemes
Logical Reasoning and Coaching Aptitude
- Reasoning pattern of intermediate standard
- Fault finding
- Problem Solving and Analytical Aptitude
Language and Communication Test
Basic Computer Knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office and excel
- Terminology and Computer and internet
Physical Fitness Test
|Tests||Gender||30 years and below||Above 30 years|
|30 m flying start||Male|
|Standing broad jump||Male|
|Shuttle run 6 x10 (For Agility)||Male|
|Bend & Reach (For flexibility)||Male|
|4 cm |
|1600 m running||Male|
Seat Vacancies for NSNIS Admission 2020
Check the seat vacancies for different courses offered at Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports for Diploma in Sports Coaching given below.
|SAI NSEC, Kolkata||Seats||SAI LNCPE, Thiruvananthapuram||Seats|
|Athletics||25||Rowing, Canoeing & Kayaking||25|
Check the seat structure of SAI NS NIS, Patiala and SAI NSSC, Bangalore given below.
|SAI NS NIS, Patiala||Seats||SAI NSSC, Bangalore||Seats|
Stipend for NSNIS Admission 2020
PG Diploma in Sports Medicine: The candidates enrolled in this course will get a pay scale of Rs 15,600 – 39,100 + Rs 5400 Grade Pay + DA as admissible from time-to-time.
Seat Intake for PG Diploma in Sports Medicine
|All India Quota||3|
|State / Institutional Quota||3|
Fee Structure for NSNIS Admission 2020
Check the fee structure given below for Netaji Subhas National Institue of Sports.
PG Diploma in Sports Medicine
|First Year||Rs 40,000|
|Second Year||Rs 45,000|
Master’s Degree in Sports Coaching
|TV & Entertainment Fee||500|
|Medical assistance for minor ailments||500|
|Establishment / Academic Charges||2000|
About Netaji Subhas Institute of Sports
Netaji Subhas Institute of Sports is situated in Patiala (NIS). It is the Asia’s largest sports institute located in India. It was founded in the year 1961 but it was re-named as Netaji Subhas Institute of Sports in January 1973. It is a Government College. It has several department like Sports Medicine, Exercise Physiology, Psychology, Anthropology, Nutrition, Biomechanics etc. The institute is also known as “Mecca of Indian Sports”.
Sports Facilities: The institute offers Gymnasium and swimming pool complex. It also has 2 squahs courts and two basketball cement courts. Other sports faciltiies that are available are:
- Two football grounds
- Two handball grounds
- Four volleyball courts
- Tennis (3 hard 3 grass courts)
- Archery ground
- Fencing Training centre
- Wushu Training Centre
Sports Authority of India
Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports
Old Moti Bagh, Patiala -147001
Ph. No: 0175-2306171
Fax No. 0175-2212070
Official Website: nsnis.org
- Click Here to Download Information Brochure 2020 for Diploma in Sports Coaching
- Click Here to download Information Brochure 2020 M.Sc (Sports Coaching)
FAQs for NSNIS Admission 2020
What is the official website for Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports?
What are the academic courses offered at Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports?
Is there any entrance test for the students willing to take admission in Diploma courses?
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.