Directorate of Technical Education & Training, Odisha, has published notification from the eligible candidates admission to Diploma Engineering / Diploma Engineering (Lateral Entry) / Diploma Non-Engineering/Diploma in Film & TV courses and courses under the Part-Time programme for the Academic Year 2018-19 only. Get here complete details of Odisha Diploma Admission 2018.
Odisha Diploma Admission 2018
Admissions to 1st-semester Diploma Engineering Courses and 3rd Semester Diploma Engineering (Lateral Entry) shall be made according to the merit rank drawn on the basis of the marks obtained by a candidate in the qualifying examination through web-based e-counseling.
Schedule for the Odisha Diploma Admission 2018 PHASE-1.
|Availability of Application Form (CAF)||11 Apr 2018|
|Last date for online registration/application||08 Jun 2018|
|Document verification at selected NCCs of applicants whose
required documents have not been validated online.
|01 Jun 2018|
|Last date of document verification||12 Jun 2018|
|Merit list Publication||17 Jun 2018|
|Last date for Choice Filling by eligible applicants||22 Jun 2018|
|Provisional Allotments of Seat (First Round)||26 Jun 2018|
|Last date for Part Admission Fees Deposit (First Round)||30 Jun 2018|
|Provisional Allotment of Seat (Second Round)||02 Jul 2018|
|Last date for Part Admission Fees Deposit (Second Round)||05 Jul 2018|
|Last date for reporting at Institute||07 Jul 2018|
Schedule for the Odisha Diploma Admission 2018 PHASE-2.
|Start date for online registration/application||01 Jul 2018|
|Start date for tagging of Lateral Candidate Admission||08 Jul 2018|
|Last date for tagging of Lateral Candidate||15 Jul 2018|
|Document verification of tagging of Lateral Candidate Admission||16-18 Jul 2018|
|Start date for tagging of 1st Sem. Candidate Admission||01 Aug 2018|
|Last date for tagging of 1st Sem. Candidate Admission||14 Aug 2018|
|Document verification of tagged 1st Sem. Candidates Admission||15 Aug 2018|
Odisha Diploma Application Form 2018 is available online. Application form of Odisha Diploma Admission 2018 is to be filled online at their official website within given dates. The Directorate of Technical Education and Training has issued the online application forms for Odisha Diploma Admission 2018. Eligible candidates can apply accordingly. Requisite application fee must be paid to complete form submission process.
Availability of Courses with Intake Capacity
The seats shown below in different disciplines in Govt. & Private Institutes are as per the AICTE approval for 2017-18. Admissions for 2018-19 shall be made according to approval of AICTE for 2018-19 duly approved by Govt.
Counseling shall be done for all seats of Govt. and Private Engineering Schools / Polytechnics and BPFTIO, Cuttack except some seats reserved at ITT, Choudwar, OSME, Keonjhar, IGIT, Sarang according to Govt. instructions from time to time.
Admission to new Diploma Institutes will be made according to approval of AICTE for 2018-19 duly approved by Govt. and admission will only be conducted through DAC-2018 for the session 2018-19.
There are some seats reserved for ODISHA STATE students in Polytechnics of other state. The details of such discipline/ seats will be notified at the time of counseling schedule subject to receipt of confirmation from the MHRD/ AICTE, New Delhi in time. The seats approved by MHRD and its eligibility criteria during 2017-18 are reflected below for the reference of the students. However the seats and eligibility criteria during 2018-19 will be notified before counseling.ReservationThere are some seats as mentioned below reserved for SC/ST/Son &Daughter of Green Cardholders / ES / PC / Women / SP / NCC category wise as per Govt. directives from time to time.
- For SC – 16.25%
- For ST – 22.50%
- For Children of Green Card Holder – 5%
- For Children / Wards of Ex-Servicemen – 2%
- For Physically Challenged – 3%
- For Women students in all Co-ed polytechnics Engineering Schools in each category – 30%
- The sports candidate representing the state during last two years – 0.5%
- Candidate passing NCC (A or B or C certificate examination) – 1%
Odisha Diploma Result / Merit List 2018 will be announced by the Directorate of Technical Education and Training on the official website. Separate merit list for all applicants shall be drawn on the basis of marks secured by a candidate in the qualifying examination. Candidates will check here the Odisha Diploma 2018 result / Merit List when officially announced.
Rules for Admission
Odisha State Candidates (S – Domicile)
For admission to Engineering Schools/ Polytechnics under State Domicile, a candidate has to satisfy at least one of the following criteria.
- The Candidate must have passed H.S.C/ 10thexamination declared equivalent by BSE, Odisha from any of the recognized institution in the State.
- Parents of the candidate must be permanent residents of Odisha. To claim benefit under this class, candidate shall furnish a permanent resident certificate from a Revenue Officer not below the Rank of Addl. Tahasildar of the area where his/her parents have permanent residence.
- Sons/ daughters/ spouse of the permanent employees of the Government of Odisha/ Government of India/ Government of Odisha undertakings/ Government of India undertaking serving in the State of Odisha at the time of application are also included under the category. To claim this benefit under this S-Domicile, candidate has to submit a certificate from the Employer of his/her parents/spouse in the prescribed form.
- The reservation facility will be made available to the Children/wards of All India Civil Service Officers serving in the State at par with the natives of Odisha except the reservations being extended to ST, SC and SEBC categories so far as admission to Professional / Technical Institutions in the State is concerned.
NB : A candidate coming under ‘S’ domicile, but not permanent resident of Odisha is not eligible to claim reservation. However, the children/ ward of all India Civil Service Officers serving in the State can avail the reservation in all categories except ST&SC.
Outside State Candidates (Z – Domicile)
- Any candidate who does not satisfy any of the criteria for the ‘S’ Domicile will be treated as outside State Candidate (Z). 15% seats are reserved for ‘Z’ candidates in 1st Semester of Private Polytechnics /Engineering Schools only.
- ‘Z’ domicile candidates are also eligible to take admission under Lateral entry provided they have prosecuted their study for the qualifying examination in an institute having approval from the competent authority after exhaustion of state merit list.
- ‘Z’ candidates have to submit Residential Certificate from the competent authority of their State.
Odias living in outlying Odia speaking tracts (L – Domicile)
- 0.5% seats are reserved for Odia students living in the outlying Odia speaking tracts in 1st Semester/ year only.
Original documents to be brought on the day of reporting at the Nodal Centre for Counselling (NCC)Applicants shall have to report personally with downloaded application form and registration slip exactly at the time, date and venue as per the counseling programme to be notified. He/ She is also required to produce the following original documents as applicable at the time of reporting at the NCC.
- Pass certificate of High School Certificate (HSC) examination awarded by BSE, Odisha /10th standard examination certificate declared equivalent by BSE, Odisha in support of qualifying examination.
- Mark sheet of HSC examination awarded by BSE, Odisha/10th standard examination declared equivalent by BSE, Odisha securing minimum marks as per the eligibility criteria.
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST) from competent authority issued in the proforma in Form-I / the prescribed format of the competent authority.
- Sports Certificate issued/countersigned by the Director of Sports & Youth Services, Odisha or by the competent authority as declared by the Govt. from time to time (in case of candidates claiming reservation under Sports).
- NCC certificate (A, B or C) from appropriate authority (in case of candidates claiming reservation under NCC)
- Green Card of parent issued by concerned CDMO (in case of candidates claiming seats under Green Card category).
- Certificate in Form-II from the competent authority for reservation under Ex-Servicemen quota.
- Z-Domicile candidates have to produce the following certificates : a) Residential Certificate from the competent authority of their State. b) Mark sheet of HSC examination /10th standard examination of the institute located in their State, declared equivalent by BSE, Odisha securing minimum marks as per the eligibility criteria.
- L candidates have to produce the following certificates : a) Residential Certificate from the Revenue Officer not below the Rank of Tahasildar that he/she belongs to outlying Oriya speaking tracts in Form-III (Part-I). b) Mark sheet of M.E. or H.S.C examination in support of having Oriya as a subject at M.E. or H.SC examination in Form-III (Part-II).
- Employers’ certificate in Form-IV as applicable.
- Permanent Residence Certificate (in case of reservation category / Lateral Admission) in Form-V as applicable, failing which the claim for Reservation / Lateral Admission shall not be considered.
- ITI Pass/ +2 Science (PCM) / +2 Vocational pass certificate & mark sheet issued by SCTE&VT, Odisha/CHSE/ 12h standard examination declared equivalent by CHSE, Odisha respectively.
- Annual Income Certificate as appended in Form-VIII / in the format from the competent authority in case of candidate claiming seats under TFW category not earlier than April, 2016.
- Medical fitness certificate from Government Doctor not below the rank of Asst. Surgeon in Form-VII. A candidate intending to take admission in HMCT will have to furnish a separate medical fitness certificate in Form-VI.
- Sponsorship/ Working experience of minimum Two (02) years duration in Form-IX is required to be produced during document verification by the eligible candidates intending to take admission in the courses under PartTime programme.
Original Documents to be submitted on the day of reporting at the finally Allotted Institute.
- Final downloaded Seat Allotment Letter from the website.
- Fee deposit slip (institute copy) in respect of seat allotment.
- Conduct Certificate and SLC / CLC from the institution last studied.
- Recent passport size photographs duly attested
- Migration Certificate in case of candidates passing 10th standard examination from any Board other than Board of Secondary Education, Odisha
All original certificates are subject to verification by issuing authorities. The candidate should be very careful in submitting the certificates during counseling. The head of the Institutes are being instructed to get all documents verified within Six (06) months, failing which the candidates will not be allowed to continue in 3rd / 5th Semester / 2nd year.
Directorate of Technical Education & Training
Killa Maidan, Buxibazar, Cuttack – 753001 Odisha.
Phone :0671-2305655 / Fax : 0671-2301961
Help Line:0671-2411600/ 2411601/2411602/2411603/2411604
Email: [email protected] / [email protected]
Official website: dtetorissa.gov.in
For more information regarding Odisha Diploma Admissions 2018: Download information brochure.