|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
ONGC Scholarship 2016 – ONGC offers scholarships to Meritorious economically backward General / OBC category / SC / ST students. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has announced that 1000 scholarships worth Rs.48,000 per annum each to OBC students and 500* Scholarships worth Rs. 48000/- per annum each for SC/ST candidates in various courses.
The scholarship will be given to students pursuing courses in Engineering, Medical as well as Two years master courses in business administration, geology and geophysics. 50 percent of these scholarships are reserved for girls students. Kindly go through the information provided below.
Latest – Application Form for ONGC Scholarship SC/ST 2016 is going on.
ONGC Scholarship 2016
Eligible candidates can submit the application forms for ONGC Scholarship 2016 – 2017 as per the schedule given below. The ONGC Scholarship application form 2016 is available on the official website. The candidates are advised to visit the website frequently for updated information.
For General / OBC Students
|For General / OBC Candidates|
|Online Applications starts from||01 Sep 2016|
|Last date for applying online||10 Oct 2016|
|Last date for receipt/submission of duly completed application form by post||31 Oct 2016|
|For SC / ST Students|
|Last date for submission of duly complete application form||24 Jan 2017|
Stream wise distribution of no. of Scholarships for General / OBC candidates
*50 % Scholarships are reserved for girl students.
Stream wise distribution of no. of Scholarships for SC / ST candidates
*50% Scholarship are reserved for girl students.
Zone wise distribution of no. of Scholarships for General / OBC Candidates
Zone wise distribution of no. of Scholarships for SC / ST Candidates
The candidate fulfilling the criteria may submit their application in the prescribed ‘Application format’ which can be downloaded from ONGC’s website www.ongcindia.com. The direct link to apply online is also posted here as per the official announcement and schedule dates.
- Download Application Form for SC / ST Candidates
- Apply Online (Application filling process for General / OBC candidates is over now..!!)
How to Apply?
The candidate fulfilling the criteria may apply Online on ONGC’s website www.ongcindia.com (under CSR section) OR through the direct link, Which will be provided above.
Complete application with all the supporting documents as mentioned in the application form duly certified and forwarded by their Heah/Principal/Dean of the Institute / College / University, should reach the designated office of ONGC as per the details given in application format.
- The scholarships are open for students studying in India and for Indian nationals only.
- Student should be of 1 st year of Graduate in Engineering or MBBS course or 1st year of Master’s Degree in Geology/Geophysics or MBA. The scholarship scheme shall be admissible only for pursuing full-time regular courses approved by by AICTE/MCI/UGC/Association of Indian Universities / State Education Boards/State Government /Cental Government.
- Students pursuing four years Engineering/MBBS courses/Two years Masters courses in Business Administration and Two years Master’s Degree in Geology/Geophysics are only eligible
- Candidate should have obtained minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA/OGPA in 12th class for Engineering and MBBS disciplines. Similarly, 60% marks (average marks of all the years) or equivalent CGPA/OGPA are necessary in graduation for P.G. Courses i.e. Geology/Geophysics/MBA.
- Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA/CGPA) of minimum 6.0 in 10 points scale of grading system.
- The specific zone for a student shall be decided on the basis of the location of School/University/College/Institute in which the student was studying for the qualifying examination (i.e. 12th class for Graduate courses and Graduation degree for Post Graduate courses) irrespective of the domicile of the student.
- For General / OBC – The gross joint family income of the student shall not exceed ₹ 2.00 lakhs (Rupees Two lakhs) per year from all sources. Income certificate must be issued from the Competent District Revenue Authority not below the rank of Tehsildar. Translated copy of Income certificate is required in case the issued certificate is not in Hindi or English and should be duly certified by the legal authority.
- For SC/ST – Gross annual income of amily of the candidate from all sources should not be more than Rs. 4.50 lakhs per annum (i.e Rs. 37,500/- per month).
- The age limit of the applicant is maximum 30 years as on 1st September 2016 for General / OBC and 30 years as on 1st October 2016 for SC/ST for the academic session.
- The candidates should not availing or intend to avail any other financial assistance/scholarship assistance/scholarship from any other source.
- For General /OBC – The final list of the scholarship beneficiaries shall be posted on website www.ongcindia.com by the end of December 2016.
- For SC/ST – The final list of the scholarship beneficiaries shall be posted on website www.ongcindia.com by the last week of March 2017.
- The award of the scholarship shall not confer any right of employment with ONGC group of companies or its joint ventures.
For General / OBC
Selection of the candidate will be made on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination prescribed for each eligible course of study. In case of students having equal percentage in the qualifying examination, students with lower family income shall be selected.
Preference will be given to students from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families. Other students shall be considered only if sufficient numbers of students from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families fulfilling the eligibility criteria are not available.
Scholarship are for studies undertaken in India, and for Indian nationals only.
Decision of the Compnay with regard to selection will be final. No correspondence on the selection process will be entertained.
Selection of candidates will be made on the basis of their performance in the class XII in case of admission to Engineering and MBBS courses and Graduation in case of post graduation courses in Geology, Geophysics and MBA.
Disbursement of Scholarship for General / OBC
The scholarship will cover lump sum amount of ₹ 4000/- per month, i.e. ₹ 48,000/- per annum.
The amount shall be paid on yearly basis after completion of the academic year. The amount of scholarship will be deposited directly in the bank account of the student through ECS facility. It is mandatory to fill up the ECS format and get it certified by the Bank authority. Also, PAN card would be compulsorily required before release of scholarship amount. Students may apply and obtain their PAN cards on priority.
Once awarded the scholarship shall be continued every year till the completion of the course subject to promotion of the student to the next year of his/her course. Scholarship shall be discontinued if the candidate is not promoted to next year by their respective Institute/ College/ University. For continuation of the scholarship, the student will have to send an ‘Application for renewal’ in the prescribed format. The student shall have to log on to www.ongcindia.com for applying online for the renewal process.
In case the student opts for any different scholarship subsequently after award of ONGC scholarship. He/ She should have to refund the entire scholarship amount received from ONGC.
- 91-7550004136 – Hindi Support
- 91-7550004137 – English Support
Help desk support time: 9:30am to 5:30 pm (Monday to Friday except Government Holidays)