Candidates can now apply for Osmania University (OU) MBA Evening admission 2017-18. The application form are available on the official website. The registration is only open until 11 August 2017. The institute offers a 2-year MBA (evening) programme in the field of Technology Management and a 3-year MBA (evening) part time programme for the working executives. The admission will be granted on the basis of the performance in the written exam, which is due on 13 August, 2017.
Osmania University is one of the oldest and largest institutions of quality education in Hyderabad. The institute is a multi-faculty, multi-campus, residential and affiliating University. It offers various undergraduates, postgraduates, research and professional programmes. The objective of its MBA programme is turn out future managers who would meet the dynamic needs of the industry. Candidates can get all the details about eligibility, applications process, important dates, etc in the following article.
Important Dates of OU MBA Entrance Exam
All the important dates regarding the admissions in evening MBA programme in Osmania University are mentioned in the table below.
|Last date of Application||11 August 2017 by 4 p.m.|
|Entrance Test (MBA in Technology Management: Evening)||13 August 2017|
Selection Process of Evening MBA at OU
MBA (Technology Management: Evening)
The candidates will have to appear for an entrance test which is conducted by Osmania University for admissions in its 2-year MBA (evening) programme in Technology Management. Candidates will get a rank in accordance with their score in the exam. The candidates will be admitted on the basis of their ranks secured in the entrance test.
In the case of a tie in the rank the order of merit will be decided on the basis of following.
- Marks Secured in Part-A of entrance test
- Age of Candidate (older candidate is given priority)
- Percentage of marks scored by the candidate in qualifying examinations.
MBA (Evening: Part-Time)
Admission in the 3-year part time MBA (evening) programme for working executives will be on the basis their rank in TS ICET-2017. Candidates will be called for admission process on basis of their TS ICET-2017 rank through spot admission. Candidates need to submit the original certificate of their TS ICET-2017 hall ticket and rank card for the admission process.
Eligibility Criteria of OU MBA Evening
Candidates should fulfil the following eligibility to apply for the Evening MBA programme.
- Candidates need to have bachelor’s degree certificate from Osmania University or any other recognised University with 50% or above aggregate marks for unreserved category and 45% or above aggregate marks for SC/ST candidates to apply for MBA (3 years evening programme).
- Candidates need to have bachelor’s degree certificate from Osmania University or any other recognised University with 45% or above aggregate marks for unreserved category and a passing certificate for SC/ST candidates to apply for MBA Technology Management (2 years evening programme).
- The candidate seeking admission in 2-year MBA (evening) programme in Technology Management must qualify the separate entrance test to be conducted by Osmania University and satisfy the norms prescribed by the University.
- The candidate seeking admission 3-year MBA (evening) programme must qualify in the TS ICET-2017 entrance examination and satisfy the norms prescribed by the University.
- Candidates must have 2 years of experience as per the following conditions.
- Candidates must have at least two years experience in Executive / Managerial/ Administrative position in any organisation with the bachelor’s degree. or
- Officers / Executive / Engineers working with any government / quasi-govt / autonomous bodies /local authorities with post-bachelor’s degree and experience of two years. or
- Officers of the Defence Forces/establishments holding administrative, executive post with not less than 2 years experience with a bachelor’s degree.
Candidates may need to submit their no objection certificate from the present employer. The working experience of two years should be completed as on the date of admission into MBA Technology Management programme.
Application Process of OU MBA Evening Admission
- The application form for evening MBA courses at OU is available on their official website candidates can visit the official website to avail the application form.
- Currently two applications forms are available on the official website one for 2-year MBA (evening) programme in Technology Management and other for 3-year part time MBA (evening) programme.
- Candidates can download the application form the official website and take its printout. They need to fill their personal and academic details in the form in their own handwriting and sign it.
- After the candidates have filled the application they can go through the details and check for errors.
- If there are no mistakes in the details filled in the form then the candidates are required to send the application to the Director at
Directorate of Admissions,
Osmania University, Hyderabad – 500 007 (T.S.),
Ph. No. 040-27090136
- Candidates need to submit the following along with the application form.
- Degree certificate or Provisional certificate of the qualifying examination.
- D.D. for Rs. 1300/-.
- Service Certificate(s) from the Employer.
- ICR Summary Sheet
Admit Card Details
The admit card will be made available on the official website of OU. All the candidates who have successfully registered for the exam would be able to download the admit card. The admit card will have the basic details of the candidate along with the venue of the entrance test. Candidates need to carry to the admit card to the exam centre along with a valid id proof.
Exam Pattern of OU MBA Entrance Exam
The Entrance test will be a written test conducted by Osmania University itself. The paper will be an objective type of 100 marks. The duration of the exam is 90 minutes. The test will be divided into 2 parts, Part A and Part B. Marking Scheme of the paper is provided in the table.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum mark per question||Total Marks|
|Business Knowledge and Current Affairs||40||1||40|
Syllabus of the Entrance Test
Business Knowledge and Current Affairs: The section will have questions of General Awareness about socio-economic issues, business issues and scientific knowledge.
Numerical Ability: This section will have basic numerical questions from Ratios and proportions, Numbers and divisibility, LCM, GCM, Percentages, Profit & Loss, Partnerships, Time & Distance, Time and Work, Areas and Volumes, Mean Median and Mode, Simple problems on Probability.
Grammar: This section will have questions from grammar and vocabulary in day to day communication as well as grammar in business context.
Result of the Entrance Test
The result will be declared by the university. Candidates will be given a rank on basis of their score in the entrance test. Candidates will be called for the counselling process on the basis of their rank in the entrance test.
Counselling Process of Evening MBA programme
All the candidates called for the counselling process are required to be present in person in the counselling process. They need to bring the following documents for the counselling process.
- MBA (TM ) Entrance Test-2017/TS-ICET Hall ticket.
- MBA (TM ) Entrance Test-2017/TS-ICET Rank Card.
- Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Memoranda of the marks of qualifying degree examination.
- Locals may need an id proof and bonafide certificates from colleges. Non-locals may need a 10 years residence certificate of parents and Employee certificate from employer.
- Community, Nativity and Date of Birth (D.O.B) for SC/ST/BC certificates.
- Service and no objection certificate from the employer.
- Required fee.
- 85% of the available seats for admission in every course are reserved for the Local candidates in relation to the local area in respect of O.U. subject to community and other reservations in force.
- The remaining 15% of the seats which are open to both local and non-locals. The seats will be filled as per the reservation which was applicable on 85% local candidates.
For part time MBA evening admissions.
The seats are reserved as mentioned in the table.
|Category||Reservation (In percentage)|