Osmania University Common Entrance Tests (OUCET) are being conducted by Osmania University for admissions into various PG, PG Diploma and 5-Year Integrated Programmes offered by Osmania, Telangana, Mahatma Gandhi and Palamuru and Potti Sreeramulu Telugu Universities. The Directorate of Admissions, Osmania University has released application form for the same at the official website. Candidates can check the complete information of OUCET 2018 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Before filling and submission of online application form, the candidates are advised to go through the relevant instructions and Demo Application form available in websites, www.ouadmissions.com or www.osmania.ac.in. Schedule for the Osmania University Common Entrance Test (OUCET) 2018 is given below.
|Issue of Notification & commencement of online applications||23 Apr 2018|
|Last Date for submission of online applications||19 May 2018|
|Editing options available for the non-mandatory fields||20 & 21 May 2018|
|Last date for submission of online application with a late fee of Rs 200/-||26 May 2018|
|Last date for submission of online application with a late fee of Rs 1000/-||01 Jun 2018|
|Availability of Hall Ticket||June 2018|
|Commencement of Entrance Tests from||04 to 13 Jun 2018|
Osmania University has released various notices related to phases of counseling, Entrance Test for Admission into DBT Sponsored P.G. Diploma Program and exams notifications as well. Candidates can visit the official website to check the latest notice or click on links below to read the complete notification.
- Check here notice regarding M.P.Ed. & M.Ed. Paper Notification as on 04 October, 2018.
- Click here to check notice regarding Entrance Test for Admission into DBT Sponsored P.G. Diploma Program
- Click here to check notice regarding final phase of counselling and opening for online payment of Fresh registrations
OUCET 2018 Counselling
Counselling for OUCET is being conducted for admission to Osmania University after the result was declared, candidates had to register for the counselling process to appear for counselling. All the details regarding counselling are available from the link provided below.
Third Phase Counselling
- Check here M.P.Ed 3rd & Final Phase Centralised Certificate Verification schedule.
- Click here for 3rd and Final Phase Web Options.
- Click here for 3rd and Final Phase Certificate Verification Fee Payment.
- Click here to check 3rd & final phase counselling schedule.
- Click here to check 3rd & final phase centralised certificate verification schedule.
Second Phase Counselling
- Click here to check 2nd & final phase of NCC NSS sports categories.
- Click here to check 2nd & final phase of PH & CAP categories counselling schedule.
- Click here to check M.P.Ed 2nd phase centralised certificate verification schedule.
- Click here to check Notification for 2nd Phase of Certificate verification and web options.
- Click here to check Second Phase decentralised certificate verification Schedule.
- Click here to check Instructions to candidates exercising of web options for Second Phase.
- Click here to check Second Phase centralized certificate verification schedule.
First Phase Counselling
- Check here M.Ed First Phase Centralised Certificate Verification schedule.
NCC/NSS/Sports category priorities
Osmania University has released the Information to special category candidates for admission under NCC/ NSS/ SPORTS, List of NCC Category candidates for admission under NCC quota, List of NSS Category candidates for admission under NSS SPORTS quota, and List of SPORTS Category candidates for admission under NSS SPORTS quota. Candidates are advised to check from the link provided below.
- Click here to check Information to special category candidates for admission under NCC/NSS/Sports.
- Click here to check List of NCC Category candidates for admission under NCC quota.
- Click here to check List of NSS Category candidates for admission under NSS SPORTS quota.
- Click here to check List of SPORTS Category candidates for admission under NSS SPORTS quota.
- For M.PED and M.ED Certificate Verification Fee payment – Login here
- Click here to Login for Fee Payment and allotment.
- Click here for College Wise Provisional Allotment
OUCET 2018 Exam Schedule
OUCET 2018 Answer key
OUCET 2018 Answer keys are available now. All the candidates who appeared in OUCET – 2018 entrance tests can check the official OUCET 2018 answer key from the official website, www.osmania.ac.in and www.ouadmissions.com or direct link provided below.
- Click Here to check the Master Question Papers & Preliminary Keys.
- Click Here to View Your Response Sheets.
- Click Here to check the notification regarding Key objections.
OUCET 2018 Application Form
For registration, the candidates have to visit the websites ouadmissions.com or osmania.ac.in. The registration is complete only when the candidates enter the required primary information including the number of entrance tests to be taken and the requisite registration fee is paid. Before submission of online application, the candidates must keep ready the scanned copies of latest pass port size colour photograph, his / her signature, the certificates of caste, income (If applicable), Aadhaar number and PH certificate (If applicable). These scanned copies have to be uploaded while filling up online application.
OUCET 2018 Admit Card
The Hall Tickets along with entrance schedules and necessary instructions will be made available in OU websites, www.ouadmissions.com or www.osmania.ac.in at least one week before the commencement of entrance tests. The candidates have to download the Hall Tickets and affix a latest passport size photograph (which is exactly similar to the one uploaded in the Online Application) in the space provided and get itself attested. Without the Hall Ticket (with self attested photograph), the candidate is not allowed to appear for entrance test.
OUCET 2018 Entrance Exam Pattern
Admissions to various courses are made on the basis of entrance test conducted for that purpose. The entrance tests in all the subjects will be of 90 minutes duration. Except in M.P.Ed. Entrance test, the question paper consists of 100 objective (multiple choice only) type questions for 100 marks.
For M.P.Ed., the entrance test will be of 75 multiple choice objective questions for 75 marks. The remaining 25 marks will be awarded by the Department of Physical Education, Osmania University for the Sports achievements of the candidates during the last three years. A table showing the incentive marks for sports achievements at different levels is given in Annexure-V. The decision of the Department of Physical Education, OU will be final and binding in awarding the incentive marks for sports achievements.
Pattern of Entrance Test for Admission into M.Sc. Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Environmental Science, Forensic Science, Genetics and Microbiology is as follows. Candidates have to appear for a common entrance test, namely BCBTESFSG&M comprising of Part-A (Chemistry for 40 Marks) and Part-B (One of the optionals studied at B.Sc. level among the optionals subjects: Physics, Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Microbiology, Biochemistry and Biotechnology) for 60 Marks.
Note: The minimum cut-off marks in the entrance test for OC/BC category candidates to become eligible to seek admission into any course is 25% at the entrance test. However, there is no minimum cut-off for SC/ST category candidates.
Syllabus for OUCET 2018
Those who interested to take admission in above courses at Osmania University through a Common Entrance Test which will be held as per schedule mention above can check the complete syllabus (as per their subject seperately) of entrance test from given below link.
- Click here to view/check Entrance Test Syllabus.
OUCET 2018 Result
The results of the entrance tests will be made available in the websites, www.ouadmissions.com or www.osmania.ac.in. The candidates will be admitted into a course/subject based on the ranks secured in the concerned OU Common Entrance Test subject to rules of reservations. In case of a tie in the rank, the order of merit will be decided on the following basis: 1) marks secured in Part A of Common Entrance Test, 2) age of the candidate (senior in age getting higher priority) and 3) percentage of marks secured by the candidate in qualifying examination.
OUCET 2018 Admission Process
The eligible candidates will be admitted to various courses through the process of web based counselling. The qualified candidates desirous of seeking admission have to exercise options through web upon which the provisional allotment of admissions to qualified candidates will be made through a process of web based counselling. Those candidates who are allotted a provisional admission will have to attend for certificate verification in person along with the following original certificates and two sets of xerox copies:
- Common Entrance Test Rank Card.
- Common Entrance Test Hall Ticket
- Transfer certificate (T.C.) from the Institution where the candidate studied last.
- Original Certificate (or provisional certificate if the original is not yet issued as per rules) of the qualifying examination.
- Consolidated Memorandum of Marks of the qualifying examination.
- Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C.) / 10th std. certificate.
- Proof of Local/Non-Local status of the candidates a
- Community Certificate for SC, ST and BC candidates
- Income certificate from relevant authority wherever necessary issued by MRO/Thasildar on or after January 01, 2018.
- Relevant original certificates in respect of candidates seeking admission against NCC/NSS/Sports, Widow/Children of Armed personnel (CAP), Physically Handicapped and Teacher and Laboratory Assistant categories.
Note: After the verification of certificates, the eligible candidates are required to submit all relevant certificates and pay the required fee on the spot. If a candidate, who is already admitted under General/BC/SC/ST Category, desires to seek admission under supernumerary category (NCC/NSS/Sports/CAP/Physically Handicapped) to derive any advantage in terms of college/course allotment, he/she should attend the concerned counseling session provided the candidate is eligible for admission under supernumerary category.
Local and Non-Local Candidates
- Admission to 85% of the available seats in every course shall be reserved in favour of the local candidates in relation to the local area in respect of O.U. subject to community and other reservations in force.
- The remaining 15% of the seats which are open to local and non-locals shall be filled up subject to similar reservation as applicable to 85% local candidates.
S.C., ST. and B.C. candidates
Of the total number of seats available in each subject/course, following is the schedule of reservation of seats for these categories.
- Schedules Caste – 15 percent
- Scheduled Tribe – 6 percent
- Backward Class
- Group A – 7 percent
- Group B – 10 percent
- Group C – 1 percent
- Group D – 7 percent (subject to court decision)
- Group E – 4 percent
Official Website: www.osmania.ac.in.
For more details on OUCET 2018, download information brochure.