Osmania University Common Entrance Tests (OUCET) has been renamed to Common Post Graduation Entrance Tests (CPGET). The exam conducting body remains the same although. Osmania University conducts this test for admission in various P.G. Courses (M.A., M.Sc., M.Com, etc.), P.G. Diploma Courses and 5 yrs. Integrated Programmes (M.A., M.Sc., MBA) Programmes. Apart from the name of the test, everything else remains the same. The exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility criteria of CPGET is same as before. check all details via the link below.
Latest: OUCET is now CPGET. Click here to know the latest details.
Before filling and submission of the online application form, the candidates are advised to go through the relevant instructions and Demo Application form available in websites, www.ouadmissions.com or www.osmania.ac.in. Schedule for the Osmania University Common Entrance Test is given below.
|Date of commencement of online registration & submission of applications||29 Apr 2019|
|Last Date for submission of online applications||30 May 2019|
|Last date with a late fee of Rs.500/-||08 Jun 2019|
|Last date with a late fee of Rs.2000/-||11 Jun 2019|
|Availability of Hall Ticket||Jun 2019|
|Commencement of Entrance tests tentatively from||14 – 26 Jun 2019|
- GD Goenka University ApplicationGD Goenka University Application Apply Now!!
- Chitkara University AdmissionChitkara University Admission Apply Now!!
- Study in Dubai? Get Scholarship.Study in Dubai? Get Scholarship. Apply Now!!
- Bennett University ApplicationBennett University Application Apply Now!!
The candidates who are willing to take admissions to the university must go through the eligibility criteria required by the university for granting admission. The eligibility criteria for OUCET is listed below for candidates to go through:
- The candidates must have passed class 12th or equivalent qualifying examination from a recognized board.
- Candidates will have to qualify the OU exam in order to seek admission.
OUCET Application Process
The procedure to apply for the OUCET is a two-step process that must be completed by the candidates to be able to take the test.
- Registration: For registration, the candidates have to visit the websites ouadmissions.com or osmania.ac.in. Enter the required primary information including the number of entrance tests to be taken and the requisite registration fee is paid. The registration confirmation will be sent to the candidates on their registered number or mail.
- Filling of Application Form: Candidates will have to log in with the help of Id and password generated after the registration process. provide information that is required in the application form such as personal information, Educational qualification, Address, number, email etc. The application then has to be submitted by the candidates.
OUCET Admit Card
The Hall tickets along with entrance schedules and necessary instructions will be made available on the OU websites, www.ouadmissions.com or www.osmania.ac.in at least one week before the commencement of entrance tests. The candidates have to download the Hall Tickets and affix a latest passport size photograph (which is exactly similar to the one uploaded in the Online Application) in the space provided and get itself attested. Without the Hall Ticket (with self-attested photograph), the candidate is not allowed to appear for entrance test.
OUCET Entrance Exam Pattern
The exam pattern remains the same as last year, last year the exam pattern followed was:
The entrance tests in all the subjects was of 90 minutes duration. Except in M.P.Ed. Entrance test, the question paper consists of 100 objectives (multiple choice only) type questions for 100 marks.
For M.P.Ed., the entrance test was of 75 multiple choice objective questions for 75 marks. The remaining 25 marks was awarded by the Department of Physical Education, Osmania University for the Sports achievements of the candidates during the last three years.
The pattern of Entrance Test for Admission into M.Sc. Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Environmental Science, Forensic Science, Genetics and Microbiology is as follows.
Candidates have to appear for a common entrance test, namely BCBTESFSG&M comprising of Part-A (Chemistry for 40 Marks) and Part-B (One of the optionals studied at B.Sc. level among the optional subjects: Physics, Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Microbiology, Biochemistry, and Biotechnology) for 60 Marks.
Note: The minimum cut-off marks in the entrance test for OC/BC category candidates to become eligible to seek admission into any course is 25% at the entrance test. However, there is no minimum cut-off for SC/ST category candidates.
Syllabus for OUCET
The syllabus also remains unchanged.
Those who interested to take admission in above courses at Osmania University through a Common Entrance Test which will be held as per schedule mention above can check the complete syllabus (as per their subject separately) of entrance test from given below link.
- Click here to view/check Entrance Test Syllabus.
OUCET Answer key
OUCET Answer keys will be made available online before the declaration of result. All the candidates who will appear for OUCET entrance tests will be able to check the official OUCET 2019 answer key from the official website, www.osmania.ac.in and www.ouadmissions.com or direct link provided above. The answer key is important for candidates to be checked before result as it will help candidates estimate their score in the test.
The results of the entrance tests will be made available on the websites, www.ouadmissions.com or www.osmania.ac.in. Candidates who will be taking the test will be able to check their result and will be admitted into a course/subject based on the ranks secured in the concerned OU Common Entrance Test subject to rules of reservations. In case of a tie in the rank, the order of merit will be decided on the following basis: 1) marks secured in Part A of Common Entrance Test, 2) age of the candidate (senior in age getting higher priority) and 3) percentage of marks secured by the candidate in qualifying examination.
OUCET Admission Process
The eligible candidates will be admitted to various courses through the process of web based counselling. The qualified candidates desirous of seeking admission have to exercise options through web upon which the provisional allotment of admissions to qualified candidates will be made through a process of web based counselling. Those candidates who are allotted a provisional admission will have to attend for certificate verification in person along with the following original certificates and two sets of xerox copies:
- Common Entrance Test Rank Card.
- Common Entrance Test Hall Ticket
- Transfer certificate (T.C.) from the Institution where the candidate studied last.
- Original Certificate (or provisional certificate if the original is not yet issued as per rules) of the qualifying examination.
- Consolidated Memorandum of Marks of the qualifying examination.
- Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C.) / 10th Std. certificate.
- Proof of Local/Non-Local status of the candidates a
- Community Certificate for SC, ST and BC candidates
- Income certificate from relevant authority wherever necessary issued by MRO/Thasildar on or after January 01, 2019.
- Relevant original certificates in respect of candidates seeking admission against NCC/NSS/Sports, Widow/Children of Armed Personnel (CAP), Physically Handicapped and Teacher and Laboratory Assistant categories.
Note: After the verification of certificates, the eligible candidates are required to submit all relevant certificates and pay the required fee on the spot. If a candidate, who is already admitted under General/BC/SC/ST Category, desires to seek admission under supernumerary category (NCC/NSS/Sports/CAP/Physically Handicapped) to derive any advantage in terms of college/course allotment, he/she should attend the concerned counseling session provided the candidate is eligible for admission under supernumerary category.
OUCET Seat Allotment
Seat allotment for M.Ed and M.P.Ed. has been started. The student can click the link that will be given below to allot the seat in their interested colleges and they can also check the allotment list of all the college by simply selecting the college name and course. The seats will be allocated to candidates a per rank obtained by them.
NCC/NSS/Sports category priorities
Osmania University has released the Information to special category candidates for admission under NCC/ NSS/ SPORTS, List of NCC Category candidates for admission under NCC quota, List of NSS Category candidates for admission under NSS SPORTS quota, and List of SPORTS Category candidates for admission under NSS SPORTS quota. Candidates are advised to check from the link provided below.
Counselling for OUCET is being conducted for admission to Osmania University after the result will be declared by the board. As per the rank obtained by the candidates they will be called for the counselling process. The documents of the candidates will then be verified and as per the rank obtained by them. Candidates, if fail to appear in the counselling process, will be disqualified from the admission process completely.
Local and Non-Local Candidates
- Admission to 85% of the available seats in every course shall be reserved in favor of the local candidates in relation to the local area in respect of O.U. subject to community and other reservations in force.
- The remaining 15% of the seats which are open to local and non-locals shall be filled up subject to similar reservation as applicable to 85% local candidates.
S.C., ST. and B.C. candidates
Of the total number of seats available in each subject/course, the following is the schedule of reservation of seats for these categories.
- Schedules Caste – 15 percent
- Scheduled Tribe – 6 percent
- Backward Class
- Group A – 7 percent
- Group B – 10 percent
- Group C – 1 percent
- Group D – 7 percent (subject to court decision)
- Group E – 4 percent
Official Website: www.osmania.ac.in.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.