Patna University Ph.D Admission Test 2019 – Patna University offers the admission in the Ph.D. programme for the candidates. All the information related with the examination will be made available on the official website of the university that is patnauniversity.ac.in. The candidates who have 55% marks in the Master’s degree, they are eligible to apply for the written examination. There are some exemptions are also given for the written examination. The result of the written examination will be announced just after the examination. Candidate can check the full information regarding the Patna University Ph.D. Admission Test 2019 from the below page.
Patna University Ph.D Admission Test 2019
This admission test is a written examination comprising of the two papers in which one of them is objective type questions and other paper is subjective type. The candidates are advised to answer questions in sequential order. To know about the important dates regarding the Patna University Ph.D Admission Test 2019, look at the table below:
|Last Date to fill application form|
|Availability of the Admit card||24 Sept. 2019|
|Date of Exam|
Patna University Ph.D Admission Test 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidate can check the eligibility criteria of the Ph.D programme. Before proceeding to fill the application form, it is very necessary to check the eligibility that candidate is able to fill the application form or not. If in case the eligibility criteria is not fulfilled then candidate can not proceed for the application form. The eligibility criteria for for the admission in the Ph.D Admission Test 2019 is given as follows:
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or equivalent relaxation of grade, will be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/EBC/OBC/Differently-abled categories of candidates.
- A candidate shall ordinarily be permitted to pursue research for the Ph.D. degree in the subject in which he/she holds Master’s degree.
Exemptions from the written Test of Ph.D Admission Test (PAT): There are some exemptions is also given for the written test of the Ph.D. Admission Test. Candidate can check from the below that they will be exempted or not from the written examination. These are as follows:
- Candidates who have secured grants for research such as fellowship /scholarship /associate ship etc. by qualifying UGC AIET /CSIR NET / GATE I MHRD Scholarships/Teacher FeIIowship/DBT/ICMR/ICAR/DST-INSPIRE/CSSIR, ICHR etc.
- Assistant Professors, Associate Professor and Professor who has been appointed on substantive post and the UGC pay scale in the Teaching departments or the University or a constituent college of the University who have completed their probation successfully with an experience of at least two years of uninterrupted service would be considered under this category. Teachers appointed in self finance courses will not be exempted from the Test.
- Non-teaching employee of the University, who are holding substantive appointment for more than five years and having at least 55% marks in Master’s degree in the subject concerned and with at least two research paper$ published in any reputed refereed journal.
Patna University Ph.D Admission Test 2019 Exam Pattern
The examination pattern of the Ph.D Admission Test 2020 will help the candidates to get an idea about the examination held. This includes the written examination of the test. This admission test comprising the two paper. You can see the full details of the exam pattern from the below:
Exam mode: The PAT is a written test (Pen and paper based).
Paper Comprising: There will be two paper held in the PAT of 100 marks each You can see from the below:
- Paper I (100 marks): Objective/ Multiple choice questions on general and research aptitude
- Paper II (100 marks): Subjective type in the subject concerned based on syllabus (excluding elective papers) of the Post-graduate courses of the Patna University.
Marks Distribution: There will be marks distribution as per two different paper. You can see from the below:
For Paper I: Multiple choice questions will be there of General Aptitude and Research Aptitude Test
- Number of Question: There will be 50 questions in the exam
- Duration of Examination: The duration will be 1 hour
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking
- Examination will be conducted on OMR sheet
- All questions with multiple choices, each correct answer carries 2 marks.
|Topic||No. of questions||Marks||Syllabus / Level|
|Research Aptitude||10||20||Mentioned in page|
|Language Aptitude||10||20||High School Level|
|Logical Reasoning||05||10||High School Level|
|Numerical Ability||05||10||High School Level|
|Data Interpretation||05||10||Mentioned in page|
|Environment and Sustainability||10||20||Mentioned in page|
|Computer and Information & Communication Technology|
|05||10||Mentioned in page|
For Paper II: This is Subjective type paper of 2 hour duration.
This paper will be distributed into three groups. You can see the full detail from the below about the group:
- Group A – The total of 30 marks which is – (5*6= 30)
- Group B – The total of 40 marks which is – (4*10= 40)
- Group C – The total of 30 marks which is – (2*15= 30)
Writing pattern for the Paper II according to the group:
- Group A – Total Eight short answer type questions to be set out of which five have to be answered (expected length of each answer- 150 words approximately).
- Group B – Total seven questions to be set of which four are to be answered (expected length of each answer – 200 words approximately).
- Group C – Total Four questions to be set of which each answer with the length of 500 words approximately.
Patna University Ph.D Admission Test 2019 Syllabus
To get admission in the Ph.D programme, candidate have to qualify the written test will be conducted in the two paper. The syllabus of the examination of the two paper will be different. The first paper includes the multiple choice questions and second paper comprises of the subjective type questions. You can see the detailed syllabus from the below:
- Research Aptitude:
- Meaning, aitns, nature and scope of research
- Prerequisites of Research
- Typos of research: Fundamental or Pure research, Applied research
- Research Problem: Meaning of research problem, Sources of research problem,
- Characteristics of a good research problem
- Methods of research
- Research proposal or synopsis
- Ethics in Research
- Qualitative and Quantitative Data
- Mapping of data: Representation and Interpretation of graphs
Environment and Sustainability:
- Sources of Air, Water and Soil Pollutions and their Mitigation, Noise Pollution
- Global Warming, Ozone depletion and Acid rain
- Current environmental issues and movements in India: Chipko
- Movement, Silent valley, Nannada Darn, Tehri Dam, Almetti Darn etc
- Paris Convention, Montreal Protocol etc.
- Global Environmental Movements: Biodiversity Conservation and Agenda 21,
Computer and Information & Communication Technology (ICT) Awareness
- General Abbreviation and Terminology of Computers and ICT
- Meaning, Advantages, Uses and Risks of Digitization Basics of Internets
This test comprising the following subjects, look at the below:
- Faculty of Humanities – Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Maithili, Arabic, Persian, Philosophy, Music
- Faculty of Social Sciences– History, Pol. Science, Home Science, A.I.H, & Archaeology, Sociology,
- Economics, Psychology, P.M. & IR
- Faculty of Science – Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Geology, Mathematics, Statistics
- Faculty of Commerce – Commerce
- Faculty of Law – Law
- Faculty of Education – Education
Patna University Ph.D Admission Test 2019 Application Form
The application form of the Ph.D. Admission Test will be available in the online mode only. Interested and eligible candidate can fill the application form within the time schedule from the website patnauniversity.ac.in. Candidate need to fill all the details while filling the application form online. Candidate need to registration first by entering the details like Candidate’s Name, Father’s name, Category, Nationality, Sex, Religion, Date of birth, email id, Mobile number etc. After successful registration, an application Id will be generated which helps in the further login. After that login with the unique Id and do complete the application process as per the direction. You can see the below format of the new registration, existing user, recover window etc.
Candidate can get an overview that if you want to click on the new user registration then click on that new window will open and so on.
Patna University Ph.D Admission Test 2019 Admit Card
The admit card will be available before the examination date. Candidate can download the admit card from the official website by logging with the application id, the unique active mobile number and captcha. Candidate can download their admit card after completing the application process. Admit card contains the relevant details regarding the examination like date and venue of the examination, time, schedule, instructions should be followed, personal details etc. Candidate should take the printed copy of the admit card at the examination center so that you can enter in the exam hall. Without admit card, you will not be allowed in the examination hall. You can see the per forma of downloading the admit card.
Patna University Ph.D Admission Test 2019 Result
The result of the Ph.D. Admission Test will be published on the official website just after the examination. The result will be available in the online mode only. Candidate can check their result by entering their login credentials. It is advised that to visit the official website for the regular updates about the result. Ph.D. Admission Test. The result of PAT will be valid for three years after declaration of result. The scrutiny of answer book shall not be allowed after the result publication. The board will not allowed any checking of the answer sheets. Qualified candidates can move to the next as per the university norms.
Seats available for admission in Ph.D Programme 2019
Candidates can check the following seats with the subject and total vacancy available in the Ph.D. Programme from the below table:
About Patna University
The Patna University was established on 1 October 1917 in the Bihar state. It handles all the affairs related with the education field. The main function of the university to ensure and check and conducts all the affairs related with the schools to post graduate levels. Patna University was introduced in 1917 as recognizing and examining body. On January 2, 1952 it was converted into a teaching-cum-residential university. It is one of the oldest universities in India. It is the first in Bihar, and seventh oldest University in the subcontinent. The university buildings are located on the bank of River Ganges and in the Saidpur Campus. This university provides highest standard of excellence in teaching, learning and research field.
Official website: patnauniversity.ac.in
To know about the detailed information of the Patna University Ph.D Admission Test 2019, candidate can check the notification – Download Information Brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.