Patna Women’s College will be conducted Entrance Test for admission to MCA course for the academic year 2018-19. Candidates who have completed BCA / B.Sc Computer Science will apply. Candidates who have completed graduate with Maths and 1-year Diploma in Computing are also eligible to Apply. Interested candidates can check complete detail of Patna Woman’s College MCA Entrance Exam 2018 like application form, eligibility criteria, selection procedure etc from this page given below.
Patna Woman’s College MCA Entrance Exam 2018
Patna Women’s College will issue the notification for admission to MCA course. Selection will be made on the basis of Written Examination and Interview. Before applying, one must ensure the eligibility criteria and all other details carefully.
Schedule of Patna Woman’s College MCA Entrance Exam 2018 is given below.
|Last date for submission of completed Application Form||1st week of Jun 2018|
|Date of Entrance Test||1st week of Jun 2018|
|Result Declaration of Entrance Exam||1st week of Jun 2016|
|Interview||2nd week of Jun 2018|
|Final Result Declaration||2nd week of Jun 2018|
|Admission||2nd week of Jun 2018|
|Commencement of the Course||1st week of July 2018|
- Application Form – for all programmes
- Admit Card – for all programmes
- Result – for all programmes
- A candidate seeking admission to M.C.A. Course must be B.C.A. or B.Sc. in Computer Science or Graduate (Honours) in any stream with Mathematics as a subject plus a certificate or equivalent qualification in computing of at least one-year duration from a recognized institution. The candidate must have secured at least 45% marks in the above graduate level qualifying examination.
- A candidate seeking admission to Semester I M.C.A. course will have to secure a proper place in the merit list prepared on the basis of an entrance examination followed by an interview conducted by Patna Women’s College.
- The number of seats for the course approved by AICTE is 60. The reservation of seats for the course will be as per reservation rules of the Government of Bihar.
Patna Women’s College invites applications from eligible candidates appearing for MCA
2018. Application Form on payment of Rs. 1000/- will be download from the college website. The filled Application Forms will be submitted to College Office counter. The application can also be filled Online on the College website or through the direct link will be provided here.
Entrance Exam Details
- Entrance test for admission to the M.C.A. course will be a written test of 100 marks. The written test will be of 2 hours duration. There will be 100 objective type questions, each carrying one mark. The questions will be of Logical and Mathematical Ability, General Awareness, Fundamentals of Computer and English. The written test will be followed by an interview for those students who qualify the written test.
- The question paper will be provided in English only.
- The list of the selected candidates and any other further direction will be displayed on the Notice Board of Patna Women’s College, Patna University and on the college website www.patnawomenscollege.in
- The admit card for the entrance examination will be given to the candidates at the time of submission of the application form. Admit cards will not be sent separately.
Course Duration and Examination
- The M.C.A. Course is a full-time course of three years duration. However, no student will be permitted to continue if she fails to pass all semesters in a maximum period of five years from the date of the first admission.
- The academic programme will be based on the semester system, two semesters in a year. The courses offered in a semester will be continually assessed and evaluated to judge the performance of a student on the basis of internal assessment. The components of the internal assessment shall be:
- Two-mid-tests each of 15 marks and
- One home assignment of 10 marks
- There will be a University Examination at the end of each semester.
- The examination of I, III and V Semesters, called as Odd Semesters, shall be generally held in the month of November – December and that of II, IV and VI Semesters, called Even Semesters, shall be held in the month of May – June.
- The VI Semester, being kept for the fulfilment of the academic requirement is entirely devoted to the preparation of a major project report. For this purpose, at the end of V semester, each candidate shall have to undertake a major project, at least of 4 months duration, in a reputed organization. After the completion of the project, she will submit 4 copies of her project report along with a certificate from the supervisor, duly countersigned by the head of the department, to certify that she actually worked on the concerned project for the prescribed period of four months.
- In order to pass M.C.A. examination of any semester, a candidate shall have to secure at least 40 % marks of the maximum marks in each paper.
- No division will be awarded up to V semester. Successful candidates in all the semester examinations will be awarded the division at the end of the final semester examination taking the aggregate of marks obtained in all the Semesters. The pass marks are 45 %.
Patna Women’s College will release the list of following candidates who have qualified in the Written Test and Viva-voce will be selected for admission. Please take your admission on the dates mentioned above. Kindly come with your parents (one of the parent; preferably both) and bring all original documents. The list of selected candidates will be checked on the official website or from the link will be provided here.
Official website: www.patnawomenscollege.in.
For more details of Patna Woman’s College, MCA Entrance Exam download 2016’s – Information Brochure.
Insofar, official details of Patna Woman’s College MCA Entrance Exam 2018 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Patna Women’s College releases Patna Women’s College Admission information brochure, details will be updated here.