Department of Health and Family Welfare, Punjab Punjab Health Systems Corporation has released official notification of PBGNM Admission 2017 for admission into GNM Course for the academic year 2017-2018. Candidates are required to fill the application form after ensuring the criteria and conditions. All the candidates who are eligible to fill the application form can check the complete information of PBGNM Admission 2017 like application process, eligibility criteria, selection process etc through this page below.
Latest: – 2nd Counselling Schedule and Merit List has been published. Check it through the “Counselling” link provided below.
PBGNM Admission 2017 – Punjab General Nursing & Midwifery
Schedule for the PBGNM Admission 2017 is given below.
|Online registration availability from||01 Jul 2017|
|Last Date for Registration/Filling of Online Application form on website||25 Jul 2017|
|Last Date of receipt of Application form (Hardcopy by post)||28 Jul 2017|
|General Category||05 Sep to 06 Sep 2017|
|Reserved Category||07 Sep 2017|
|All Categories (General & Reserved)||14 Sep 2017|
Complete applications along with attested copies of requisite certificates, two recent unattested passport size photographs and Demand Draft worth Rs. 400 for General Category and Rs. 200/- for SC/ST category only should be sent in favour of Medical Superintendent, Civil Hospital, Jalandhar or Principal, School of Nursing, C.H. Jalandhar.
Applications along with the Applying fee draft should reach before 5:00 PM on 28.07.2017 through registered post only at the address: School of Nursing, S.B.L.S. Civil Hospital, Jalandhar. Phone no. 0181-2240049. By hand Applications will not be entertained.
Minimum and Maximum age for admission will be 17 and 35 years on 31.12.2017. There is no age bar for ANM/LHV.
- 10+2 class passed preferably Science (PCB) & English with aggregate of 40% marks and up to matric, Punjabi is compulsory.
- 10+2 in Arts (Mathematics, Biotechnology, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy) and English Core/English Elective or Health care Science – Vocational stream ONLY, passing out from recognized Board under PSEB/CBSE/ICSE or other equivalent Board with 40% marks.
- 10+2 with English in vocational ANM Course from the school recognized by Indian Nursing Council with 40% marks.
- Registered as ANM with State Nursing Registration Council.
Candidate should be medically fit. Admission of students shall be once in a year. Candidate should be the resident of Punjab. 3% disability reservation shall be considered with a disability of locomotor to the tune of 40% to 50% of the lower extremity.
Note : A Committee to be formed consisting of medical officer authorized by medical board of state government and a nursing expert in the panel which may decide
The Govt. of Punjab invites applications from candidates having 10+2 qualification, in the INC approved seven GNM Schools (3 years) as under:-
Reservations of seats for SC/ST, BC and others as per Punjab Government Reservations policy.
Merit is to be determined on the basis of score for which the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 and percentage shall be worked out to the advantage of student in case of fraction.
Priority will be given to the candidates having 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects followed by Physics and Chemistry.
Candidates securing equal marks shall be bracketed together. Their inter-se merit will be determined in accordance with the following criteria :
- That if two or more candidates secure equal marks in (a) above also, the candidate senior in age shall rank higher in the order of merit.
- All the selected candidates will have to deposit full fee on the day of counseling.
- Failure to deposit the fee on the day of counseling will lead to cancellation of admission and the seat will be offered to the next candidate.
- Cheques are not accepted. Only Cash Receipts and Bank Drafts drawn on any Scheduled Bank in favour of Medical Superintendent, Civil Hospital, Jalandhar or Principal, School of Nursing, Civil Hospital, Jalandhar payable at Jalandhar will be accepted.
- All charges are subject to revision by Punjab Government from time to time during the period of course.
- Candidates belonging to Schedule Caste Category will have to bring an Income Certificate from the Competent Authority. Candidates whose parents have annual income less than 2.5 Lacs will be exempted from Paying Annual Course Fee. But these candidates will have to deposit a sum of Rs. 5000/- on the day of counseling as Security otherwise the seat allotted would be cancelled. Candidates belonging to Schedule Caste Category whose parents income is above that 2.5 Lacs per annum or who do not bring Income Certificate will have to pay Rs.40000/- as course fee on the spot. Otherwise the seat allotted to next candidate.
- Students will have to pay for the uniform and books separately.
- Diet charges will be extra and as per actual (Co-operative mess run by Mess Committee).
Only limited number of candidates will be called for counseling. Admission shall be made on the basis of merit (marks secured by the candidate in 10+2 examination). To start with the candidates having Physics, Chemistry and Biology will be considered for admissions if the seats remain vacant, candidates having Physics and Chemistry will be considered. Candidates with humanities / arts subjects will be considered for admission last of all.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.