PEC University of Technology was formerly known as Punjab Engineering College. The online applications are invited for admission to Ph.D. Programmes in various disciplines. Candidates must note that the entrance test will be conducted for non-GATE candidates by the respective departments followed by the interview. For GATE candidates, only interview will be conducted. The detailed information regarding PEC Ph.D Admission 2020 is mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
Latest: PEC has released the provisionally selected candidates list for Ph.D Admission 2020. Click here to check.
PEC Ph.D Admission 2020
Candidates must ensure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria before filling up the application form. Candidates are advised to visit the institute website regularly. Only GATE qualified candidates are eligible for admission to the Ph.D. programme in Mechanical and Computer Science & Engineering departments. The important dates regarding PEC Ph.D Admission 2020 are mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
|Online Registration||06 – 13 Jul 2020|
|Last date for depositing hard copy of Registration Form along with Demand Draft and supporting documents||16 Jul 2020 till 05:00 PM|
|Dispatch of Registration Form to various Departments||17 Jul 2020|
|Publishing of final list of eligible candidates by respective Departments||22 Jul 2020|
|Test and interview in respective departments (details will be uploaded on website)||24 Jul 2020|
|Result intimation with waiting list||27 Jul 2020|
|Payment of fees||28 – 29 Jul 2020|
|Reporting of PhD students in the respective departments for the selection of tentative topics, guide/ supervisors||29 Jul 2020|
|Academic Registration||29 Jul 2020|
PEC Ph.D Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Eligibility for Full-time Research Student/Candidate
An applicant belonging to the above admission categories should possess the following qualifications in appropriate areas to be eligible to apply for admission for the Ph.D. programme of the Institute.
- Engineering Technology streams: Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology of 2 years duration after graduation in respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.00 on a 10 point scale or equivalent as determined by the Institute wherever letter grades are awarded; or 60% marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) where marks are awarded.
- Science Streams: Master’s degree in Sciences in respective discipline or equivalent and minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.00 on a 10 point scale or equivalent as determined by the institute where letter grades are awarded; or 60% marks where marks are awarded. The admission eligibility requirements may be relaxed to 5.5 on a 10 point scale or equivalent, or to 55% marks for admission in above categories of scholars for SC/ST and PwD (Persons with disability) candidates.
- Management, Humanities & Social Sciences Streams – Ph.D. in Management/ Commerce: The candidate applying must possess an M.Com/ MBA or equivalent and should have obtained minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 5.5 on a 10 scale or equivalent as determined by the institute where letter grades are awarded; or 55% marks where marks are awarded.
Ph.D. in English/ Linguistics: The candidate applying must possess an M.A. or an equivalent qualification in English and should have obtained 55% or above in M.A. English / Linguistics from a reputed institute. Candidates with valid NET score shall be given preference. The admission eligibility may be relaxed to 5.0 on a 10 scale or equivalent, or to 50% marks for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Eligibility for Part-time PhD
The eligibility criteria shall be the same as that for full-time students. Additionally, the part-time candidates need to fulfill the following conditions and provide the information along with the application:
- The applicants must have been in continuous service with the sponsoring organization for at least two years at the time of submitting the application form for admission and submit ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer stating that
a) He/she is on the regular payroll of the organization,
b) He/she is permitted to pursue studies on a part-time basis
c) His/her official duties will permit sufficient time for research. Sponsorship letter (on the letterhead of the sponsoring organization) should include an undertaking stating that the period of study of the candidates will be treated as ‘on duty’ with usual salary/allowances, and he/she will be relieved for the period of studies.
- He / She will be required to reside at the Institute for a period of not less than one semester i.e. six months duration which is mandatory in the first year of PhD Programme. (This condition of minimum residence period will be automatically waived for candidates who are working in PEC or in organizations/institutions located within a distance of 50 km from the Institute).
- Direct Admission of B.E./B.Tech. candidates to Ph.D programme
- To be eligible for the admission under this category, a candidate is required to have minimum CGPA of:
a) 8.0 or above with GATE or 8.5 or above without GATE for students graduated from PEC and CFT institutions at the end of the seventh semester (if applying during the final year) under General category.
b) 8.0 or above with GATE or 8.5 or above without GATE for students graduated from PEC and CFT institutions at the end of the eighth semester (if applying after the completion of B.E./ B.Tech) under General category.
c) For SC/ST/PwD category students, the minimum CGPA requirement will be reduced by 0.5.
- Successful candidates in the final year of the undergraduate programme may be given provisional admission to the Ph.D programme. This admission shall be confirmed provided the student completes his/her undergraduate programme with required CGPA.
- Candidates getting direct entry to Ph.D programme after BE/ B.Tech will need to fulfill credit requirements through course work on pattern of courses offered to PG students and additional course requirements as per UGC.
PEC Ph.D Admission 2020 Application Form
The applications may be submitted through the link on the institute website. A hard copy of the registration form along with self-attested photocopies of the relevant documents and a demand draft of Rs. 2000/- (non-refundable) in favor of “Punjab Engineering College (Deemed to be University) – PG Admissions” payable at Chandigarh is to be submitted to Chairman Admissions, Punjab Engineering College (Deemed to be University), Sector – 12, Chandigarh – 160012 by hand /registered post/ speed post on or before the prescribed date and time. The candidates applying for more than one department should submit separate print-outs of the online registration form for each discipline. A sum of Rs.500/-(non-refundable) is to be paid as registration fee for each additional discipline applied.
PEC Ph.D Admission 2020 Admission Procedure
Admission to the Ph.D. program is made on the basis of interview or written test (GATE/NET syllabus) or both as determined by Ph.D. Admission Committee of the respective Departments provided the candidate fulfills all the requirements at the Institute level and the selected candidate deposits the requisite fees for the Ph.D. Programme. The applications received will be processed in the various departments for written test/interview. Internal faculty/staff members who are GATE/NET qualified will be eligible for admission through interview only, while Non-GATE/ Non-NET candidates will be admitted through interview and written test.
The admission to the Ph.D. program will take place once a year. However, students having National/ State/ Industry/ R&D sponsored assistantship such as UGC NET/ CSIR NET/ DSP inspire/ Vishvesveraya, etc. & related assistantships or are sponsored foreign nationals can be given admission throughout the year based upon an interview to be conducted by the Departmental Research Committee (DRC) & prospective supervisors. The Ph.D. admission committee of the department will consist of Head of the department, members of DRC and potential supervisors in various areas.
Documents to be produced during Physical Reporting
The following documents have to be produced during Physical Reporting along with two sets of Self-attested photocopies-
- Printout of the Registration form
- Self-attested copy of GATE score card
- Photo ID proof as per Govt. of India norms (Aadhaar Card)
- Original Birth certificate issued by competent authority/Class X (High School) Board Certificate as proof of date of birth
- Original Mark sheet of class XII
- Original Grade/Mark sheets of the qualifying examination for all semesters ( (if applicable)
- Original Degree/ Provisional certificate, if the degree is completed
- Original Certificate of category (SC/ST), if applicable, as per Government of India, issued by the competent authority.
- Original Demand Draft of fee payment
- Original Migration certificate of last Institute/ University attended
- Three color passport size photographs
- Original Conduct/ Character Certificate from the Head of the institution last attended
- Original Transfer certificate from the Head of the institution last attended
- Original Course completion certificate from the Head of the University/Institute in case result is awaited
- Persons with Disabilities certificate (if applicable)
- Undertaking if applicable
- Sponsorship/NOC Certificate (wherever applicable)
PEC Ph.D Admission 2020 Fee Structure
The fee structure for PEC Ph.D Admission 2020 is mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
One-Time (At the time of Admission only)
- Admission Fee: Rs. 3000/-
- Student services: Rs. 5000/-
- Tuition Fees: Rs. 5000/-
- Other facilities and services: Rs. 10000/-
Security (Refundable) : Rs. 5000/-
The other facilities and services fee will not be payable by students who are pursuing the programme on a part-time basis.
Official Website: pec.ac.in
For more information regarding PEC Ph.D Admission 2020, Download the Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.