PGEAC 2021 – Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board conducts counselling for the various postgraduate engineering courses available in Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology (MIT Mjaffarpur) and Micro Electronics & VLSI Technology Course in BCE, Bhagalpur. The admission in the above-discussed courses will be done on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates in the GATE 2021 examination. For more details regarding PGEAC 2021, candidates can check below.
The courses offered by the Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology (MIT, Muzaffarpur) are M.Tech ( Machine Design ) and M.Tech (Thermal Engineering) in which candidates can take admission on the basis of the marks secured in the GATE Exam. The selection of the candidates would be purely based on the rank obtained by the candidates in the Merit list. The important dates regarding PGEAC 2021 are provided below, candidates can check for the same.
|Online Registration starting date||to be announced|
|Online Registration closing date||to be announced|
|Last date for payment through challan||to be announced|
|Last date of payment through Net Banking / Debit Card / Credit Card|
with Final submission of online application form of registered candidate
|to be announced|
|Online Editing of application form||to be announced|
|Publication of Counselling Programme||to be announced|
|Proposed date of counselling||to be announced|
PGEAC 2021 Application Form
Application form for PGEAC 2021 can be filled online through the official website as per the scheduled date. Candidates must ensure their eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The direct link to fill the application form is provided below. Candidates can follow the steps given below in order to fill the application form:
Apply Online: Candidates can fill PGEAC 2021 Application Form as per scheduled date.
Prior to filling up the application form candidates must ensure that they should have following items:
- Valid Email Id
- Valid Mobile No.
- Scanned copy of Photograph & Signature
- Aadhar card ( If Available )
The steps to fill up the application form for PGEAC 2021 are provided below.
- Step-1- Registration: For registering, the candidate is required to fill the information asked in Step-One of the application form, appearing on the computer screen. Candidate while registering, must see that he/she is giving his / her own email id and mobile no. Then, the user ID and password are sent to the mobile number.
- Step-2 – (Personal Information): After successful registration and activating the account, the candidate should again “Sign in” to his account and thereafter complete the required entries regarding personal information on the computer screen. Then click on the “Save & Continue” button.
- Step-3 – (Upload Photo and Signature): After entering the personal information the candidate should upload the images and click on the “Save & Continue” button.
- Step-4 – (Educational Information): After uploading the scanned photo and signature the candidate should enter his / her educational information on the computer screen and click on the “Save & Continue” button.
- Step – 5 (Preview your application): After entering educational information the candidate must verify all the information and click the “Confirm & Submit” button so that he/she should pay Examination Fee as per Step-Six.
- Step – 6 (Payment of Counselling Fee): After the preview of the Application Form and submitting the same, the candidate should click the “Proceed to Payment” button and complete the payment procedure according to instructions that appeared on the computer screen regarding payment of Counselling Fee. Paid Counselling Fee will not be refunded.
- Step – 7 (Download part- A & Part-B): After payment of Counselling Fee up to scheduled date and time, the candidate must download Hard Copy (Part-A & and Part-B) of online submitted Application Form and keep the same safely in his possession because it contains all information provided by the candidate and the PGEAC ID made available by the Board for further use during counselling.
Counselling fee (as per last year): Rs. 2200/-
Modes of payment:
- Debit card
- Credit card
- Net banking
- Through bank challan
PGEAC 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for PGEAC 2021 – Bihar Post Graduate Engineering Admission Counselling 2021, as per last year, is provided below.
- Candidates must have to passed B.E. / B.Tech from Mechanical Engineering / Automobile Engineering / Manfucturing Engineering / Production Engineering and Industrial Engineering for M.Tech ( Machine Design ) and M.Tech (Thermal Engineering)
- Candidates must have to passed B.E. / B.Tech from Electronics Engineering / Electronics & Communication Engineering / Instrumentation Engineering / Mechatronics Engineering for Micro Electronics & VLSI Technology Course.
- General and OBC Candidates Must have secured minimum 50 % marks in above stream. There will be relaxation of 5% for SC/ST Candidates i.e. for them minimum 45% marks is defined.
There is no minimum age limit for the courses of M. Tech. (Machine Design), M. Tech. (Thermal Engineering) and Micro Electronics & VLSI Technology Course.
The candidates have to pass through Medical Test. Candidates will only be granted admission if he found eligible in Medical Test.
Only those candidates are eligible for the PGEAC – 2021 who are residents of India and full fill the following criteria:
- Candidates Parents should be residents of Bihar OR
- Parents of the Candidates are determined refugee of Bihar OR
- Parents of the candidates belongs to other states but employee of the Bihar Govt OR
- Parents of the candidates who are the employee of govt of Bihar before reconstitution of Bihar state and post of them are still transferable in the Bihar or jharkhand Govt. OR
- Parents of the candidates are employee of Indian govt. and work in Bihar states.
PGEAC 2021 Seat Matrix
Candidates can check the seat matrix for PGEAC 2021 from below:
PGEAC 2021 Reservation
The Candidates who are a permanent residents of Bihar and have valid ID proof (Cast certificate ) for the same are eligible to get a profit of reservation. Check the PGEAC 2021 Reservation from the table given below:
|EBC (Extremely Backward Class)||18%|
|BC (Backward Class)||12%|
|Reserved Category of Girls||3%|
|Economic Weaker Sections||10%|
Documents Required at the time of PGEAC 2021 Counselling
All the certificiates included in the list given below, if applicable, must be submitted in original by every candidate at the time of his / her counselling / allotment on the scheduled dated.
- Original Gate Score Card (if applicable)
- Rank Card of PGEAC-2021.
- Passing Certificate / Marks Sheet / Admit Card of Matric / Equivalent Examination.
- Passing Certificate / Marks Sheet / Admit Card of Intermediate Sc. / Equivalent Examination.
- Passing Certificate / Marks Sheet of B.E. / B.Tech.
- CGPA to Percentage Conversion Certificate by concerned Institution (if applicable).
- Certificate for Residence of of Bihar duly issued by concerned C.O. countersigned by DM / SDO (Civil) of Permanent Residence.
- Caste Certificate duly issued by Concerned C.O. countersigned by DM / SDO (Civil).
- Six copies of passport size photograph which were uploaded during filling of Online Application Form.
- Copy of Aadhar Card.
- Downloaded Print of Online filled Application Form (Part-A and Part-B) PGEAC-2021
PGEAC 2021 Selection Process
Check the given below selection process for PGEAC 2021:
- The Selection Process for the nomination into the discussed postgraduate courses will be based on counselling which will be carried out in two phases.
- In First Phases GATE Qualified Candidates will be considered for the Nomination.
- In the Second phase, Those candidates will be considered who have passed in the qualifying examination i.e. ( B.E. / B.Tech from Mechanical Engineering / Automobile Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering / Production Engineering and Industrial Engineering.)
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) is constituted under Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Act, 1995 . It conducts competitive examinations every year for admissions in various professional courses of Medical, Engineering and Agricultural streams in the Institutions of the state of Bihar.
Official Website: bceceboard.bihar.gov.in
PGEAC 2021 Frequently Asked Questions
A1. There will be relaxation of 5% for SC/ST Candidates i.e. for them minimum 45% marks is defined. However, General and OBC Candidates must have secured minimum 50 % marks.
A2. After online submission of application, if the applicant finds that while filling up such application the error regarding any entries / photo / signature uploding has / have been made, then he/ she will have opportunity to Edit / Rectify the same as per the schedule.
A3. Candidate should upload his / her passport size photograph of high contrast (Photo must be snapped with placard containing candidate’s name and snapping date), and full signature in Hindi and English (Not in capital letter) after duly scanning the same.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.