DTU Ph.D. Admission 2020 – Delhi Technological University offers admission in Full-Time/Part-Time scholars for Ph.D. in various branches of Engineering, Sciences, and Humanities. The application forms of Ph.D. course 2020 session is released on the official website of the university, dtu.ac.in. The application process is fully online. Candidates are advised to must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the DTU Ph.D. 2020 admissions. You can read all the details of DTU Ph.D. Admission 2020 like schedule, application procedure, selection procedure etc from this page given below.
DTU Ph.D. Admission 2020
The application forms for DTU Ph.D. admissions for the academic year 2020-21 is available in the online mode only. The schedule for the admission process is given in the table below.
|Availability of Advertisement||1st week of May 2020|
|The opening of online Application Form||1st week of May 2020|
|Last date for Online Application and Fee deposit||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Display of list of eligible candidates for test on DTU website||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Date of screening test||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Declaration of result||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Dates for Interview||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Declaration of final result||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Date of admission||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Display of vacant seat for wait listed candidates||1st week of Aug 2020|
|Last & Spot round of admissions against Vacant seats
(Candidates are required to report along with original documents and bank draft for fee deposit)
|2nd week of Aug 2020|
DTU Ph.D. Admission 2020 Application Form
The online application forms for DTU Ph.D admissions is released on the official website of DTU. The candidates can fill applications for the various branches of engineering, Sciences, Humanities. Candidates can apply for the DTU Ph.D admissions 2020 from the link given below.
Apply Online: DTU Ph.D Admission 2020 Application Form is available on dtu.ac.in
Application Fee: Candidates can check the registration fee category from the below.
- For Gen/OBC candidates: Rs.1000/-
- For SC/ST/PWD candidates: Rs.500/-
Note: Online transaction charges extra as per banking gateway and no registration fee is non-refundable.
DTU Ph.D. Admission 2020 – How to Apply
The candidates who are seeking admission in the said course can apply for the test. To apply follow the steps.
- For making an application the candidates can either visit the Official website or click on the given link.
- After clicking on the link they have to fill the form by entering the general details.
- After this step, you have to upload the image and the signature.
- Size of the photo image must be greater than 4kb and less than 100kb.
- Size of the signature image must be greater than 1kb and less than 40kb.
- Size of the document image must be greater than 1kb and less than 1Mb.
- Now pay the examination fee.
- After all this, you have to download the confirmation page. This will help you for the future reference. Now you are done.
- If any applicant wish to apply more than one department then they have to fill a separate admission form for each department and pay fee separately for each form.
- In case of incomplete form or form closeed due to some error. Applicants have to fill the fresh form.
DTU Ph.D. Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- An applicant possessing a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/ Sciences/ Management/Humanities and Social Sciences in relevant discipline or equivalent with a minimum 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) as determined by the Delhi Technological University shall be eligible to apply for admission to a Ph.D. programme of the University.
- In exceptional cases applicant with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology having a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA and having proven research capability may also be considered eligible. Five percent (5%) relaxation in marks at the level of qualifying degree will be given to SC/ST category students for determining the eligibility conditions to apply for Ph.D admission.
- Part-time applicants will be eligible if
(i)the applicant possesses the minimum eligibility qualifications for the degree as given as per 5(1).
(ii)The applicant is in position to complete mandatory course requirements along with regular counterparts.
(iii)the applicant proves to the satisfaction of the University that his official duties permits him to devote sufficient time to research.
(iv)facilities for research are available at the applicant’s place of work in the chosen field of research or the applicant can spare sufficient time to pursue research in the Department of the Delhi Technological University on daily basis, residing in the vicinity of the University; and
(v)He/she will be required to reside at the Delhi Technological University for a period of not less than 6 months during his admission period for the Ph.D. programme. (This condition of minimum residence will be automatically waived for candidates who are working in National Capital Region (NCR) of Delhi or in organisations/institutions located within a distance of 50 km from the Delhi Technological University). below on this page.
- The candidate seeking admission to Ph.D. programme as project fellow at Delhi Technological University may be given administrative clearance to seek admission on full time / part time basis subject to recommendations of the concerned Principal Investigator of the said project/centre and approval of the Vice Chancellor, if the candidate is selected in project as project fellow through proper selection. However, he/she must fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria. No relaxation will be given in the screening test.
- Permanent academic staff of the Delhi Technological University (including the academic staff of erstwhile Delhi College of Engineering) may be given administrative clearance to seek registration on part-time basis subject to recommendations of the concerned head of the department and approval of the Vice Chancellor. However, the applicant must fulfil minimum eligibility criteria.
DTU Ph.D. Admission 2020 Selection Procedure
- The short listing of applications possessing the minimum educational qualifications, for the purpose of screening test & interview will be done by respective departments in consultation with the Ph.D. Coordinator nominated by the ViceChancellor.
- The cut off for the screening test for short listing the candidates for the interview will be decided by the University. Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the interview, the DRC will recommend the names of candidates to the Dean PG.
- Screening test shall be waived only for valid UGC/CSIR/DST/JRF fellowship holders, foreign students who apply through MHRD and foreign students under cultural exchange scholarship programme (ICCR).
Note: The admission in the above mode (after waving off the screening test) will be on a provisional basis and if at any stage it is found, that the candidate is not able to get the scholarship, his/ her admission will stand cancelled. No request in this regard will be entertained. The candidate will have to give an undertaking for the purpose.
- All the shortlisted candidates on the basis of the screening test are required to come along with a small power point presentation on the topic of their interest during the interview
DTU Ph.D. Admission 2020 Seat Matrix
The candidates can check below the availability of PhD seats from the image below:
DTU Ph.D. Admission 2020 Fee Structure
Check below the fee structute of PhD programme at DTU.
Important Instruction for DTU P.hD. Admission 2020
- The candidates are advised to read each and every instruction given in this Information Brochure very carefully before applying Online.
- All entries should be carefully made while applying online. DTU will not be responsible for wrong entries. Candidates shall be sole responsible for the correctness and authenticity of the information / documents provided in the online application.
- Online application found incomplete in any form will be summarily rejected. No correspondence / communication will be entertained in this regard.
- The last date for submission of online application shall not be extended. Accordingly, no request shall be entertained for accepting the application after the last date. Therefore, candidates are advised to submit their application well in advance and not to wait for the last moment.
- The University has the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission for the candidate who is found admitted to a course to which he/she is not entitled, being unqualified or ineligible in accordance with the statues and regulations in force.
- The list of the shortlisted candidates for the screening test, interview and finally selected for admissions to the Ph.D. program will be displayed on the DTU website: www.dtu.ac.in .
- Candidates have to bring a valid photo-identity card for the purpose of written test along with the printed application form.
- There is no need to send any part of an application form to DTU by post.
- Incomplete applications are likely to be rejected.
- No separate call letter will be dispatched.
- The candidates are advised to make their own arrangements for travelling and lodging accordingly. They must come prepared for admission (in case they are selected) as per the schedule.
- Candidate should check the Institute website for results / important announcements.
- Candidates called for the interview should bring with them (i) Photo ID Card, (ii) Printed copy of the application submitted online, (iii) Thesis / dissertation / report / publications (iv) copy of certificates and mark-sheets.
- The candidates may contact faculty members/Head of the concerned academic departments for selecting their area of research work.
Official Website : www.dtu.ac.in
For more information about the DTU P.hD. 2020 Admission, Download Information Brochure from last year.