|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
Haryana State Council for Science & Technology offers admission in POSE Scholarships 2017 scheme to the 3-year B.Sc./4-year BS/5-year integrated M.Sc./M.S. courses and 2-year M.Sc. course students opting for basic & natural science subjects viz (1) Physics, (2) Chemistry, (3) Mathematics, (4) Biology, (5) Statistics, (6) Geology (7) Astrophysics, (8) Astronomy, (9) Electronics, (10) Botany, (11) Zoology, (12) Bio-chemistry, (13) Anthropology, (14) Microbiology, (15) Geophysics, (16) Geochemistry, (17) Atmospheric Sciences & (18) Oceanic Sciences.
Admissibility of Scholarship
The scholarships are limited only to the students who have taken admission during the year 2017 in any of the following courses.
- 3 year B.Sc Program in Basic & Natural Science
- 4 year BS or 5 year integrated M.Sc / M.S program in Basic & Natural Sciences at IIT, IISc, IISER, NISER, DAE-CBS or in any college / university.
- 2 year M.Sc Program in Basic & Natural Sciences
The Scheme in its current format does not include courses in engineering, medicine, technology and other professional or technical courses.
POSE Scholarship 2017
For 3-year B.Sc./4-year BS/5-year Integrated M.Sc./M.S. courses the number of scholarship shall be restricted to 150. For 2-year M.Sc. course, the number of scholarships is 50. Candidate who are interested in taking admission in this scheme for this year 2017 can check the complete detail of POSE Scholarship 2017 from here.
Application Form 2017
Candidates can fill their application form for admission into M.Sc and B.Sc programme from the official website www.dstharyana.org on or before the last date of application. Candidate are requested to read the guidelines for application acceptance, eligibility & requirements for the E-form carefully before filling the application form.
The last date for submitting the online Application is 15th September, 2017 (5:00 PM).
Procedure for applying online application for POSE scholarship
- Click the above link for filling the online application form.
- Create User ID and Password and then Log In and start filling the form.
- Fill all the columns given there and upload all required documents in the form.
- Submit the e-form and you will get receipt number for further communication.
- After online submission of application, the applicant must obtained a printout of the submitted application for his/her record. Please don’t send the application by post.
- The applicant own valid and functional email address & mobile number must be used for submission of the online application.
- Don’t submit more than one application. Please ensure that the aspects of the application are correct before submitting. No claims shall be entertained in case of incomplete or non-submitted application.
- Wrongly filled up application or application with lack of essential documents will summarily be rejected.
- Signature of the applicant*
- Photograph of the applicant*
- 10th standard certificate*
- 12th Class Certificate*
- B.Sc./B.A. Class Certificate (mandatory for the students applying for 2-year M.Sc.)
- Certificate of admission from Head/Principal/Registrar/Director of the college/university/institute.
- Rural area school certificate of class 11th & 12th if claimed 3% additional weightage.
- The students who have passed their 11th & 12th class from rural area elite schools will not be given additional weightage of 3%
- Declaration from the student.
Note – Elite schools are defined to be schools, where tuition fees and other charges payable exceed Rs One lakh per year.
- For 3-year B.Sc./4-year BS/5-year integrated M.Sc./M.S. in basic & natural science subjects, the students should have passed class X and XII Board examination from a school situated in Haryana with minimum 85% marks for Haryana Board schools and 90% marks for other boards like CBSE, ICSE etc. in 12th class. There shall be no cut off for admission in National Institutions like IIT, IISER, NISER, DAB-CBS, IISc etc.
- For 2-year M.Sc. in basic & natural science subjects, the student should have passed X, XII and B.Sc./B.A. (B.A. for M.Sc. Mathematics) from school/college/university situated in Haryana with minimum 75% marks in B.Sc./B.A. class.
Amount of POSE Scholarships
- Rs. 4,000/- P.M. for 3-year B.Sc. course.
- Rs. 6,000/- P.M. for 2-year M.Sc. course.
- f the students take admission in 4-year B.S. or 5-year integrated M.Sc./M.S. then the amount of scholarship during 1st, 2nd & 3rd year will be Rs. 4,000/- P.M. and during 4th & 5th year Rs. 6,000/- P.M.
Merit List / Selection Criteria
For 3-year B.Sc. or 4-year BS or 5-year integrated M.Sc./M.S. Courses
For 3-year B.Sc. or 4-year BS or 5-year integrated M.Sc./M.S. Courses merit list will be prepared based on average percentage score obtained in class 12th board examination in English/Hindi (better of the two) and best of three out of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
(i.e. Total of 4 subjects/Maximum marks in 4 subjects = %age)
- First priority will be accorded to the students admitted in National institutes like
IIT, IISER, NISER, DAE-CBS, IISc. Remaining scholarships will be given to
others on merit.
- Students who studied class 11 & 12 in a rural area school will be given additional
3% weightage, subject to maximum of 100%. Rural area school will be
regarded as those schools which are within the jurisdiction of a Gram
- The students who have passed their 11th & 12th class from rural area elite
schools will not be given additional weightage of 3%. Elite schools are
defined to be schools, where tuition fees and other charges payable exceed Rs.
One lakh per year.
- Additional weightage would be added to the average percentage score obtained
by the candidate for determining inter se merit. (for example: if a student got 90%
marks in 12th class board exam and he/she has passed 11th & 12th class from a
non-elite rural area school his/her marks, then will be considered as 93%)
- The students claiming the benefit of rural area must submit the rural area school
certificate duly signed by the Principal of the school and concerned BDPO.
(b) For 2-year M.Sc. the merit list will be prepared on the basis of average percentage
marks of B.Sc./B.A. course in three years
For 2-year M.S Course
The merit list will be prepared on the basis of average percentage marks of B.Sc./B.A. course in three years