PTU Registration for Centralized Online Counselling will start soon. Before registering and making fee payment for Centralized Online Counselling it must be ensured that you have read and understood the eligibility criteria of participating universities for respective course and Category. To participate in the Centralized Online Counselling every candidate belonging to 85% quota and 15% quota, irrespective of his/her category, shall have to deposit Online Counselling fee of Rs. 2000/- (Non-Refundable). Only the candidates, who have deposited counselling fee, can participate in centralized online counselling. Get here all the details regarding the PTU counselling registration.
PTU Counselling Registration 2020
Fee Deposition for Centralized Online Counselling will be started as per the schedule. In order to register in centralized counselling you are required to pay the counseling fee. Candidates can pay the counseling fee from the given link below. Aspirants who will register themselves for centralized online counselling must be well familiar with the complete schedule of the events.
|Counselling Fee Payment||Started!|
|Registration for centralized counselling||To be announced!|
|Choice Filling||To be announced!|
|Allotment of Seat||To be announced!|
|Reporting at Allotted Institute||To be announced!|
|Verification of Documents/Certificates||To be announced!|
Counselling: The PTU Counselling Registration 2020 will be started on the official website i.e., www.ptu.ac.in
Procedure to Participate in Centralised Online Counselling
To participate in the Centralized Online Counselling every candidate belonging to 85% quota and 15% quota, irrespective of his/her category, shall have to deposit Online Counselling fee of Rs. 2000/- (as per last year) (Non-Refundable). Only the candidates, who have deposited counselling fee, can participate in centralized online counselling,
Note: If any candidate has deposited fee in the first round of counselling and also wants to participate in the 2nd round, then he/she need not to pay counselling fee again to participate in the second round of counselling.
- For New Registration
1. Click on the button “Apply for B.Tech., B.Pharm., B.Arch., M.Tech., M.Pharma, MBA, MCA and Lateral Entry Courses” to participate in Centralized Online Counselling after making counselling fee payment. (Detailed procedure for counselling fee payment is available at above-mentioned website)
2. Select the appropriate course from the drop-down menu, in which admission is required and counselling fee has already been deposited, and click “GO” button. Click on PROCEED button for New Registration of selected Course.
3. After clicking Proceed button following “New Registration (2020-21)” Form will open for the selected course. Fill requisite details in the “New Registration (2020-21)” form and click SUBMIT button. After submitting the above form Main Registration Form will open.
- Main Registration Form
In this Form candidates required to fill the detailed information i.e. State of Eligibility, Academic details, Category details, address etc. Candidates are advised to fill their details carefully, because the seat allotted on the basis of wrong credentials will not be considered by the college at the time of reporting
Instructions Regarding Filling of Main Registration Form
- Select your eligibility for State carefully as you will be allowed to participate either in Punjab (85% Quota) or Other State (15% Quota). Other Candidates will be asked to select their state from available list in drop down menu.
- Student should fill his/her Gender.
- Select your Main category, Sub category and Priority in case of Sports and Defence category from the Drop box. Students should go through the details from Brochure as well as from the website of concerned University. More details are available in the respective Information Brochure, available on website www.ptu.ac.in.
Note: Other State (15% quota) candidates can participate under 3 categories only i.e. General, SC/ST & OBC
- Select Yes or No for Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme. Those candidates whose parents annual family income is less than 6 lacs from all sources he/she can participate in centralized Online Counselling for Tuition Fee Waiver scheme. He/She has to produce the certificate (of current year) regarding the same at the time of admission.
- Select Rural/Urban Status: Please note that in case of IKGPTU (applicable for GNDEC, Ludhiana only) students can avail benefit of Rural Area in addition to his / her reserved category (i.e. SC/ST, BC, Sports etc). But if student wish to keep Rural Area as his main category for IKGPTU, then he/she should select main category as General and under Rural/Urban status select “Eligible for rural area status in Punjab State and tick ”. Applicable under B.Tech. (1st Year) Course only.
- Enter your Annual Family Income, Contact Number (Landline and Mobile), Address and Email ID etc. You will be notified about result and other important messages through SMS
- Press “Submit” button to save registration details. By this the registration form will be closed. After successful Registration login to your account from “Student Login” by using your Counselling Roll Number and Password set by you in the Registration Form.
- Candidates are advised to save or take the print of registration details for reference in future
Under “Student Login” the following tabs are related to Choice Filling. These options will work only after final confirmation of registration details
- Available Choices: System will provide the List of Constituent/Affiliated Colleges & branches thereof only after final confirmation of Registration details
- Fill Choices: In this tab University wise list of Colleges and their courses will be displayed for selection. You can select course of selected University one by one by using “+” button from left pane or by selecting multiple check box and using add multiple course option. By this selected course will be shifted from left pane to right pane. Candidate can also alter/rearrange/delete the filled choices from Right pane by using related options.
It is advised to choose & fill the College or branches in order of preferences because seat will be allotted in the order of your preferred choices, on the basis of your Rank/Merit. It is in the interest of the candidate to fill maximum available choices of colleges and branches. It is good practice to save filled choice from time to time while exercising choices. After finalized the process of selecting choices press Save & Exit button. This will display the list of choices opted by the candidate for information & Record. You can take the print of the same (if required) or save it for your record.
- Display Filled Choices: Choices entered by the Candidate will be displayed under this tab so that he/she can check the already entered information.
- After the choice filling period is over, all filled choices of all registered candidates will be considered for allotment of seats on the basis of Merit (Rank), Category of the candidate and Seat Allotment Rules approved by participating Universities.
- Seats are allotted on the basis of preference of choices as filled by the Student/Candidates as per the availability of seats.
Participation in the 2nd round of counselling
The Candidates falling under 85% Punjab quota and 15% Other States quota, irrespective of Got Seat or Not Got Seat in the 1st Round of Counselling or could not participate in the earlier round after depositing counselling fee, can participate in the second round of Centralized Online Counselling with same counselling fee.
For 2nd round of Centralized Online Counselling, candidates can deposit Rs 2,000/- Counselling fee non refundable (if not deposited earlier). Candidates who have deposited Centralized Online Counselling fee in the 1st round will not be required to deposit the fee again for 2nd round.
The Candidates who have participated in 1st Round of counselling and wish to participate in the 2nd round of counselling, those candidates need not to fill registration form again. Those candidates require to login to their Account with their counselling Roll No. & Password in which the popup page will open to take the consent of the concerned candidate to participate in the 2nd round of counselling. By confirming Registration form the candidate will be considered in 2nd round and further activities will be done as per counselling schedule. Rest procedure will be same as of 1st round of counselling.
If the candidate participates in 2nd round after confirming his/her allotted seat and the candidate seat is upgraded with new seat (i.e. new seat is allotted) then the previously allotted seat will be cancelled automatically. The candidate will report in the old allotted institute alongwith upgraded allotment letter to cancel his/her seat and to refund the submitted fee and also report in the new allotted institute to confirm his/her admission in the prescribed period. But if seat is not upgraded then the previous allotted seat will be retained to candidate.
Insofar, official details of PTU Admission 2020 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as information brochure releases, details will be updated here.