Panjab University offers Admission into B.Com first year in the Affiliated Colleges to Panjab University at Chandigarh and Department of Evening Studies, PU, Chandigarh for the academic year 2017-2018. Candidates can check the complete information regarding the PU B.Com Admission 2017 such as Application process, eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
Latest – 2nd Counselling Schedule for B.Com 2017 admission has been Published by Punjab University. Check it below.
PU B.Com Admission 2017
Candidates seeking admission in Panjab University have to fill the Application Form from the official website of Panjab University as per schedule. Admission will be purely on merit basis.
Schedule for the PU B.Com Application Form 2017 is given below.
|Date of Availability of online Admission Form for Admission||02 June 2017|
|Last date for online registration and completion of form on the website||14 June 2017|
|Last date for deposit of fee in any branch of State bank of India using website generated Bank Slip||16 June 2017 upto 3:59 p.m.|
|Completed Application Form alongwith requisite documents||20 June 2017 upto 5:00 p.m.|
|Tentative Merit list for Chandigarh Colleges and Department of Evening Studies will be Displayed on website||25 June 2017 (by 6:00 p.m.)|
|Objections (if any) in the tentative merit list can be filed at [email protected]||25 June to 26 June 2017|
|Schedule of Counselling will be displayed||27 June 2017|
|Final Merit list will be displayed||28 June 2017 (by 6:00 p.m.)|
|Tentative 1st Physical Counselling for Admission at Panjab University, Chandigarh||30 Jun to 03 July 2017|
Punjab University has released Second Round Counselling schedule for admission in to B.Com 2017 Programme. Candidates can check the detailed schedule below.
Punjab University has published the List of candidate selected for B.Com Admission to Chandigarh colleges. Merit for Sports category will be available in Provisional Merit list (after verification of Sports Gradation certificates).
PU B.Com Application Form 2017
Candidates are required to fill online application form available at official website Panjab University. Before filling up the online form candidates should clearly understand the procedure. The candidate has to lock each and every section (Profile, Categories, Subjects etc) under their login, without which the candidate cannot take print out of application form.
- Application Process is over..!!
- Log In (If Already Registered)
- Deposit Rs. 500/- ( Rs. 250 for SC/ST/Blind ) on computer generated bank slip in any State Bank of India branch.
Stepwise Procedure for Filling Application Form
- Fill up the online “Application Form”
- Take print out of bank slip and deposit fee at any SBI branch, after 24 hours of the generation of bank slip.
- Deposit applicaton fee on or before the last date.
- Take the printout of the Application Form generated on-line.
- Attach self attested documents:
- Matriculation Examination DMC and Certificate ( for D.O.B. )
- 10 + 2 Certificate & DMC
- 10 + 2 Character Certificate
- Copy of Proof of Category Claimed
- Send the application form along with documents mentioned at Sr. no. 4 and 5 through registered/speed post to the undersigned or submit by hand at Room No. 5, University Business School, Arts Block – III, Panjab University, Chandigarh by June 20, 2017 up to 5.00 P.M.
- Forms will be received on all days including Saturdays and Sundays between 9.30 A.M. to 1.00 P.M. and 2.P.M to 5.00 P.M
- The candidates belonging to the reserved categories should submit the copy of documents duly signed by the competent authority in support thereof along with application.
- The candidate applying under sports category must enclose their gradation certificates issued by Sports Department/Competent Authority of concerned state. However, candidates applying in Department of Evening Studies should get gradation done from Director Sports, PU, Chandigarh. Only those candidates who have Gradation Certificate from Director Sports or Competent Authority of the concerned state will be considered. Without Gradation Certificate no candidate will be considered. Gradation from outside Chandigarh will be re-evaluated as per Chandigarh Administration Sports Gradation Policy for Admission to Chandigarh situated colleges.
Attach self-attested copies of the following certificates along with Application Form, failing which the application will be rejected.
- Matriculation Certificate showing date of birth and DMC.
- 10+2 Detailed Marks Card (Both semesters if semester system)
- Character Certificate from the institution last attended or from Gazetted Officer in case of private or gap year candidates.
- Certificates in proof of claim in respect of reserved category, if any.
- Affidavit attested by the Magistrate 1st Class, explaining the gap in studies, if any.
- Online application process will be closed on 14.06.2017. No late applicant shall be considered.
Application form without or less fee will be rejected.
The admission to B.Com Course from the session 2016-17 under semester system shall be made according to the provisions, PU calendar.
Admission to the first semester of B.Com. Degree course shall be open to a person who has passed one of the following examinations conducted by a recognized Board/Council/University:-
- +2 examination or B.Com.- Part-I (Old scheme) of Panjab University with three of the following subjects securing at least 45 per cent marks in the aggregate:-
- Commerce (or theory of commerce or foundation course in commerce) Accountancy (or book keeping and accountancy)
- Business Organization (or Business Management or Theory and Practice of Management)
- Insurance (or General Insurance or Life Insurance) Banking and Trade
- Commercial Geography
- Office Management and Secretarial Practice (or Office Organization and Management)
- Mercantile Law (or any Company Law) Auditing
- Typewriting and Stenography/Computers (for typewriting)
- +2 Examination or B.A. Part-I (Old Scheme) of Panjab University with at least two of the subjects mentioned in (a) securing at least 50% marks in aggregate;
- +2 Examination or B.A. Part-I/B.Sc.-I/Pre-Engineering/Pre-Medical Examination of the Panjab University under the Old Scheme not covered in (b) securing at least 50% marks.
- Any other examination recognized by the University as equivalent to (a) or (b) or (c) as given above with requisite percentage of marks given under each clause.
Provided that a candidate seeking admission to the first semester of B.Com. should have passed in the subject of English at the +2 examination and in cases where passing in English is not necessary according to the regulations of certain Boards/Bodies/Councils/Universities in India, the admission of the candidate shall be provisional and will be confirmed only after he/she has cleared the subject of English as a deficient subject from the parent Board/Body/Council/University in two consecutive chances subsequent to his/her admission. In case a candidate does not clear the relevant subject at any of the two consecutive chances allowed to him/her subsequent to the date of his/her admission, his/her provisional admission to the course shall stand cancelled.
Provided further that:
A candidate who has been placed under compartment in the +2 examination conducted by a Board/Bodies/Councils/University in India shall be eligible to seek admission to the First Semester of B.Com course, provided he/she fulfills the following conditions:
- He should have been placed in compartment in one subject only.
- He/she should have obtained at least 20% marks in the subject in which he/she had been placed in compartment; and
- He/she should have obtained the requisite percentage of marks in the aggregate of the examination as laid down in the relevant regulations.
Backward Classes reservation is only in the Department of Evening Studies, Panjab University.
*Children of Defence/Para-military Person will be considered under UT Pool only, even if they have passed their 10+2 examination from outside Chandigarh School.
Two seats for one girl child in each college (co-ed/girls college) and maximum limit of 4 seats per course.
**No pool quota in Department of Evening Studies, PU.
Candidates who have not studied 10+2 at Chandigarh are eligible for general pool under 15% quota. The candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open School/Open University shall be considered in General Pool (15% Quota) @ Seats will be distributed among the pools after deducting the sports quota as per Govt. guidelines.
Determination of Merit
Merit is to be determined on the basis of score for which the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the qualifying examination is the basic or starting score. The percentage should be worked out to the advantage of student. Where a student has appeared in more papers than the number of papers required to qualify the examination, best marks should be taken.
For more detail of PU B.Com. Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.