PU B.Ed. (Correspondence) Admissions 2018 – University School of Open Learning (USOL) Panjab University has issued a notification for admission to B.Ed (Correspondence) for the academic session 2018-20. Interested candidates can check all the details of PU B.Ed (Correspondence) Admissions 2018 like application form, eligibility criteria, counselling procedure etc from this page given below.
PU B.Ed (Correspondence) Admissions 2018
Interested candidates can apply for PU B.Ed (Correspondence) Admissions 2018 issued by USOL Panjab University as per the below schedule. Admissions to 800 seats in B.Ed.(correspondence) for session 2018-2020 will be done on merit prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination only
Schedule of PU B.Ed (Correspondence) Admissions 2018 is given below.
|Date of Availability of Online Application Form||1st week of Aug 2018|
|Last Date for Registration and Completion of form||1st week of Sep 2018|
|Last Date for deposit of Fees||2nd week of Sep 2018|
|Last date for submission of printout of online filled application form||3rd week of Sep 2018|
|Display of Tentative Merit List||3rd week of Sep 2018|
|Submission of objections (if any )||3rd week of Sep 2018|
|Display of Provisional Merit List and Schedule of Counselling||4th week of Sep 2018|
|Face-to-face Counselling||4th week of Sep 2018|
Candidates can apply online for admission in PU B.Ed (Correspondence) for this session 2018-20. Eligible candidates can apply from the below link.
Apply Online : Link will be available on the official website i.e., puchd.ac.in
Instruction for filling the Application Form
The candidates have to follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Register online at usolbed.puchd.ac.in. Note down login id and password.
- Step 2: Login to your account using your login id and password and complete your form by uploading your latest passport size photograph, signature and other necessary details.
- Step 3: After completing your form, take the print out of SBI Bank slip. After one day of printing the bank slip, deposit the fee using this bank slip at any SBI branch.
- Step 4:Login again after 24 Hours of depositing fee and take the print out of your completed application form.
- Step 5:Send the print out of application form along with the requisite documents(By hand/ By post) to Assistant Registrar (Establishment),Room no. 103, Ground Floor, University School of Open Learning, Panjab University, Chandigarh-160014 on or before last date.
The following categories of candidates are eligible to apply for admission
- Trained in – service teachers in elementary education
- Candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode
A person who possesses the following qualifications shall be eligible to join the course:
- urse: 1. The candidates who entered in teaching profession on the basis of Diploma/ Certificate in primary/elementary teacher training and are intended to improve their competence by obtaining degree in secondary teacher training programme can take admission in B.Ed (ODL) programme, provided they have graduation/post graduation degree in humanities/science/social science/commerce with minimum50% marks or degree in engineering/technology with specialization in science and mathematics with minimum 55 % marks.
- Candidates who have completed NCTE recognized teacher training programmethrough face-to-face mode and not in teaching profession are also eligible for admission in B.Ed. ODL programme provided they possess graduation/post graduation degree in humanities/science/social science/commerce with minimum 50%marks or degree in engineering/technology with specialization in science and mathematics with minimum 55 % marks.
In case of students belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/ Backward Class/Person with Disabilities (PWD), the requirement of 50 per cent marks shall be reduced by 5 percent provided they have obtained minimum pass marks prescribed by the regulations
Note – For calculating percentage of marks in case of students who have passed B.A. examination by parts, the following procedure will be adopted:
- Average percentage of marks obtained in Prabhakar / Giani or an equivalent MIL Examination, English and in two more elective subjects. (If more than two subjects have been cleared, the score in which he/ she scored higher marks will be taken into account.).
Prabhakar or Giani will be considered as an elective subject and brought at par with one elective subject in respect of maximum marks.
- For candidates who have received their B.A. degree after doing Shastri or an equivalent Oriental Title examination, marks obtained in Shastri examination or an equivalent OT examination will be considered as scored out of two subjects (elective) and calculated on the basis of the marks obtained in two elective subjects to the best advantage of the candidate.
The Seats are reserved as per Panjab University, Chandigarh rules. The category wise distribution is given below.
For more detail of PU B.Ed (Correspondence) Admissions candidates can refer to the last year Information Brochure.
Insofar, official details of PU B.Ed (Correspondence) Admissions 2018 have not been announced yet. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Panjab University releases PU B.Ed (Correspondence) Admissions 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.
If you have any queries regarding admission in Panjab University B.Ed. Correspondence courses, please ask in comments below.