PU B.Ed. (Correspondence) Admissions 2019 – University School of Open Learning (USOL) Panjab University has issued a notification for admission to B.Ed (Correspondence) for the academic session 2018-20. Interested candidates can check all the details of PU B.Ed (Correspondence) Admissions 2019 like application form, eligibility criteria, counselling procedure etc from this page given below.
PU B.Ed (Correspondence) Admissions 2019
Interested candidates can apply for PU B.Ed (Correspondence) Admissions 2019 issued by USOL Panjab University as per the below schedule. Admissions to 800 seats in B.Ed.(correspondence) for session 2019-2021 will be done on merit prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination only
Schedule of PU B.Ed (Correspondence) Admissions 2019 is given below.
|Date of Availability of Online Application Form||15 Jul 2019|
|Last Date for Registration and Completion of form||12 Aug 2019|
|Last Date for deposit of Fees||16 Aug 2019|
|Display of Tentative Merit List||19 Aug 2019|
|Display of Provisional Merit List and Schedule of Counselling||20-21 Aug 2019|
|Second Counselling||28 Aug 2019|
Candidates can apply online for admission in PU B.Ed (Correspondence) for this session 2019-21. Eligible candidates can apply from the below link.
Apply Online : Link will be available on the official website i.e., puchd.ac.in
Instruction for filling the Application Form
The candidates have to follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Register online at usolbed.puchd.ac.in. Note down login id and password.
- Step 2: Login to your account using your login id and password and complete your form by uploading your latest passport size photograph, signature and other necessary details.
- Step 3: After completing your form, take the print out of SBI Bank slip. After one day of printing the bank slip, deposit the fee using this bank slip at any SBI branch.
- Step 4:Login again after 24 Hours of depositing fee and take the print out of your completed application form.
- Step 5:Send the print out of application form along with the requisite documents(By hand/ By post) to Assistant Registrar (Establishment),Room no. 103, Ground Floor, University School of Open Learning, Panjab University, Chandigarh-160014 on or before last date.
The following categories of candidates are eligible to apply for admission
- Trained in – service teachers in elementary education
- Candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode
A person who possesses the following qualifications shall be eligible to join the course:
- urse: 1. The candidates who entered in teaching profession on the basis of Diploma/ Certificate in primary/elementary teacher training and are intended to improve their competence by obtaining degree in secondary teacher training programme can take admission in B.Ed (ODL) programme, provided they have graduation/post graduation degree in humanities/science/social science/commerce with minimum50% marks or degree in engineering/technology with specialization in science and mathematics with minimum 55 % marks.
- Candidates who have completed NCTE recognized teacher training programmethrough face-to-face mode and not in teaching profession are also eligible for admission in B.Ed. ODL programme provided they possess graduation/post graduation degree in humanities/science/social science/commerce with minimum 50%marks or degree in engineering/technology with specialization in science and mathematics with minimum 55 % marks.
In case of students belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/ Backward Class/Person with Disabilities (PWD), the requirement of 50 per cent marks shall be reduced by 5 percent provided they have obtained minimum pass marks prescribed by the regulations
Note – For calculating percentage of marks in case of students who have passed B.A. examination by parts, the following procedure will be adopted:
- Average percentage of marks obtained in Prabhakar / Giani or an equivalent MIL Examination, English and in two more elective subjects. (If more than two subjects have been cleared, the score in which he/ she scored higher marks will be taken into account.).
Prabhakar or Giani will be considered as an elective subject and brought at par with one elective subject in respect of maximum marks.
- For candidates who have received their B.A. degree after doing Shastri or an equivalent Oriental Title examination, marks obtained in Shastri examination or an equivalent OT examination will be considered as scored out of two subjects (elective) and calculated on the basis of the marks obtained in two elective subjects to the best advantage of the candidate.
The Seats are reserved as per Panjab University, Chandigarh rules. The category wise distribution is given below.
For more detail of PU B.Ed (Correspondence) Admissions candidates can refer to the Information Brochure.
If you have any queries regarding admission in Panjab University B.Ed. Correspondence courses, please ask in comments below.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.