PU LEET 2020 – Panjab University has released the provisional list of candidates selected for admissions subject to verification of original documents. Panjab University has scrapped the entrance exam, due to COVID-19 Pandemic situation. Panjab University Lateral Entry Entrance Test is widely known as PU LEET 2020. The examination is conducted by the Panjab University for candidates to take admission to Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology and UIET, and SSGPURC Hoshiarpur Punjab. The detailed information regarding PU LEET 2020 is mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
Latest: Panjab University has released the provisional list of candidates selected for admissions. Scroll down to check it.
PU LEET 2020
The admission process for PU LEET 2020 will mainly depend on the basis of Entrance test conducted by the Panjab University for the eligible candidates of PU LEET 2020. Only the candidates who have passed or are appearing in the qualifying examination for a particular Course can apply for the Entrance Test. The important dates regarding PU LEET 2020 are mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
|PU LEET 2020||Important Dates|
|Date of Availability of PULEET Prospectus & online Application Form||17 Jul 2020|
|Last date for submission of information to generate the bank challan||01 Oct 2020|
|Last date for deposit of fee in any branch of SBI using the website generated challan||05 Oct 2020|
|Last date for uploading of photograph, signature, etc.||07 Oct 2020|
|Final date by which Roll Nos. will be available online||12 Oct 2020|
|Last date to Payment late fee Rs. 500/-||15 Oct 2020|
|Availability of Admit card||to be announced|
|Date of Entrance Test|
|Information Update by the Candidates and Document Uploading on|
07 Dec 2020
|Last date of Information Update by Registered Candidates|
10 Dec 2020
11 Dec 2020
|Online Seat Allotment (Ist round of PULEET)|
17 Dec 2020
|Fee Submission by provisionally Admitted Candidates|
21 Dec 2020
|2nd Round of Seat Allotment after De-Reservation of Seats.|
22 Dec 2020
|Last date for Fee Submission||27 Dec 2020|
Download Schedule: Click here to download the schedule.
PU LEET 2020 Admission List
Panjab University has released the provisional list of candidates selected for admissions. Candidates also bring the original documents for verification. To complete the admission process the all provisionally admitted candidates are required to submit the seat acceptance fee on or before last date. The direct link to check the provisional admission list is provided below.
Admission List: Click here to check the provisional admission list through PU LEET 2020.
PU LEET 2020 Exam Cancelled & Admission Form Submission Date
- Click here to download the above notice.
PU LEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria required by the universities to take admission in diploma B.E program. The required eligibility criteria are listed below for candidates to check before applying for the courses offered for lateral entry from diploma to the 2nd year of 4 years B.E program.
- Candidate must have passed diploma in the engineering of minimum 3 years after matriculation with physics and mathematics from polytechnic college/institute affiliated with the state board of Technical
education/University, or recognized by UGC/AICTE, with at least 60% aggregate marks , 55% for SC/ST/BC/PWD candidates (for diploma courses). (OR)
- The candidate must have passed diploma in the engineering of minimum 2-year duration after 10 + 2 from Polytechnic college/institute affiliated with the state board of technical education/university, or recognized by UGC/AICTE. The candidate must have obtained/scored a minimum of 60% (55% for SC/ST/BC/PwD) marks as an aggregate in the Diploma Course. (OR)
- Candidates who have passed D. Voc. stream from Polytechnic college/institute affiliated with the state board of technical education/university, or recognized by UGC/AICTE will be eligible for admission to the second year of B.E. program in the same or allied sector only. The candidate must have obtained/scored a minimum of 60% (55% for SC/ST/BC/PwD) marks as an aggregate in the D. Voc. Course (Applicable Only for CCET, Chandigarh).
- The candidates must have passed their examination, which is Diploma in Engineering.
- Admission would be based on the merit/score obtained in the entrance examination conducted by Panjab University as PU LEET 2020.
Note: Candidate must have cleared all the backlogs, reappear or compartment in diploma in engineering before registering for the counseling otherwise he or she is not eligible to participate in the counseling.
PU LEET 2020 Application From
The online application process for PU LEET 2020 has been started. Candidates who are eligible for the same can apply only through online mode. The application form will be available on the official website and also the direct link for the same will also provided on the application form page for candidates, which is available in the “Quick Links” section of this page. To apply candidates will have to follow these steps mentioned below.
- Visit the official website or click on the direct link mentioned in the “Quick Links” section.
- Click on the apply now link to go to the application page.
- Fill in the detailed information required in the application form.
Application Fee: Candidates are advised to pay the prescribed application fee, which is to be paid as per the information mentioned below (as per last year):
- Rs. 2,175/- for general category candidates.
- Rs. 1,088 for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
PU LEET 2020 Admit Card
Admit card will be released online after the application process is over. Candidates who will be applying must check for the availability of admit card on the official website. Only those candidates will be able to download PU LEET 2020 admit card, who filled the online application in order to appear in the PU LEET 2020 entrance examination. It is mandatory to pay the application fee within the time given, as per the schedule. The process to download the admit card is as follows:
- Visit the official website OR
- Click on the direct link that will be made available on the admit card page.
- On the login page enter ID and Password
- Admit card will be generated on the screen for candidates.
- Check the details
- Download the admit card
- Take a printout of the admit card
PU LEET 2020 Exam Pattern
The pattern of examination makes it easier for candidates to stay prepared for the examination. It also helps the candidates to get a rough idea about the entrance examination pattern & it’s related information. The examination pattern for PU LEET 2020 is explained below.
- The total duration of examination: The PU LEET entrance examination will be conducted for a duration of 1 hour and 40 min.
- The total no. of questions: There will be in total 100 Multiple Choice Questions in the PU LEET 2020 entrance examination.
- Marking Scheme:
- There will be 1 mark awarded for each correct answer.
- 1/4 marks will be deducted on every wrong answer.
PU LEET 2020 Result
The declaration of result will take place only after the commencement of the examination. The candidates who will qualify the test will have to fill in an application for that will be made available on the official website. Candidates can check their result by logging in with their Id and password that will be created at the time of the application process. Candidates must note that no separate result card will be issued for the candidates.
PU LEET 2020 Merit Criteria
There will be no cut off of marks in the PULEET entrance test for any category. The University will publish common Merit cum rank list. Rank will be awarded on the basis of marks obtained in PULEET exam to all the candidates. Branch and Institute will be finalized at the time of admission as per the availability of seats strictly on the basis of merit and eligibility conditions.
PU LEET 2020 Tie-breaking Criteria
Such candidates those who are securing equal marks shall be bracketed together. Their inter-se merit will be determined by the Institution in accordance with the following criteria:
- A candidate getting a higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination shall rank higher in order of merit.
- That if the marks in qualifying examination are also the same then the candidates obtaining more marks in the immediate lower examination, shall rank higher in order of merit.
- That if two or more candidates secure equal marks in first & second pointers above, candidate senior in age shall rank higher in the order of merit.
PU LEET 2020 Counselling
The final procedure for admission through PU LEET 2020 is the counseling round that is conducted by the universities offering admission. Candidates according to their ranks will be called for counseling process where seats will be allocated to the candidates as per the availability. In the counseling, candidates will have to bring all the important documents that will be verified by the authorities. Candidates must make the submission of hard copy of Admission Form and Scrutiny Form with photocopies of all relevant documents and demand draft.
PU LEET 2020 Seat Intake
The availability of the total number of seats in PU LEET 2020, on the basis of last year, is provided below. In case any other seat falling vacant due to surrender till the date of counseling, the same will also be filled in through PULEET.
Seats available at Chandigarh College of Engineering & Technology, Sector 26, Chandigarh
Total Sanctioned Intake under LEET: 24 Seats
Official Website: puleet.puchd.ac.in
For more information on PU LEET 2020 – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.