Panjab University PG Admission 2018 – Panjab University has issued the notification for Admissions to the various Post Graduate (PG) Programmes leading to M.A.- First Semester/B.Lib First Semester for the academic year 2018-19. Interested candidates can check all details of Panjab University PG Admission 2018 like application procedure, course details etc. from this page given below.
Panjab University PG Admission 2018
Interested candidates can apply for various Post Graduate (PG) Programmes for the academic year 2018-19. Selection will be made on the basis of UnderGraduate(UG) marks/Interview/Entrance Test/Aptitude Test. The process of Panjab University PG Admission 2018 take place as per the following schedule.
|Date of availability of Online Admission form||01 Jun 2018|
|Last date of submission of Admission Form||07 Jul 2018|
|Corrections, if any, to be made in the Online Admission Form||13 Jul 2018|
|Normal Admission (without late fees)||16 to 28 Jul 2018|
|Late Admission with permission of the Chairperson (with late fee of Rs. 650/-)||30 Jul to 13 Aug 2018|
|Late Admission with permission of the V.C. (with late fee of Rs. 2250/-)||14 to 31 Aug 2018|
Click here to check the full detailed schedule for Panjab University PG Admission 2018 Counselling.
Merit List for various programmes has been released at official website i.e.,www.puchd.ac.in or candidates are able to check the provisional merit list from the link given below.
Merit List: Click here to check the provisional merit List.
- Bachelor in Library and Information Science
- M.A.(Ancient Indian History Culture & Archaeology)
- M.A.(Centre for Human Rights and Duties)
- M.A.(Centre for Police Administration)
- M.A.(Comparative Study of Religions)
- M.A.(Defence and National Security Studies)
- M.A.(Gandhian and Peace Studies)
- M.A.(History of Art)
- M.A.(Indian Theatre)
- M.A.(Journalism and Mass Communication)
- M.A.(Political Science)
- M.A.(Public Administration)
- M.A.(Social Work)
- M.A.(Womens Studies)
- Masters in Disaster Management
- Masters in Remote Sensing and GIS
Application Form 2018
Interested Students (including those who have already applied for Entrance Test are required to submit their admission/application forms for all above mentioned Courses, irrespective of the declaration of the result of qualifying exam/Entrance Test to the respective departments.
Application Process is over..!!
- Based on PU-CET (PG) : Journalism and Mass Communication(30+5*), English(95+15*[email protected]), Geography(51+7*), Remote Sensing & G.I.S.(23+3 Sponsored by Govt./Inst.), Disaster Management (23+3 Sponsored by Govt./Inst.), Social Work(30+4*);
- Based on Aptitude test conducted by the Department :Sanskrit(68), Gandhian & Peace Studies(29), History of Arts(29), Music (Vocal(17) & Instrumental(17), Indian Theatre(23), Police Administration (30+6*+10 in service police personnel), Human Right & Duties (35+4*);
- Based on Merit : Ancient Indian History Culture and Archaeology(46), Defence and National Security Studies (34+5 serving Defence Personnel), Economics (80+5*), French (17), Comparative study of Religions (Deptt. of Guru Nanak Sikh Studies) (25), Hindi (68), History (50), Philosophy(40), Political Science(60), Psychology (68+9*), Public Administration(60**+9*), Punjabi(68), Sociology(68+9*), Urdu (34), Women’s Studies (30+2*)
- Department of Evening Studies: English (68), Economics(68), History(68), Political Science(68), Punjabi(68).
B.Lib. & Information Sc. (40+5*)
Distribution of seats
- 53.5% of the seats in each course shall be treated as belonging to the General Category.
- 15% for candidate belonging to the Scheduled Castes.
- 7.5% for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Tribes.
- 5% for candidates belonging to the Backward Classes.
Official website: www.puchd.ac.in
For more details about Panjab University PG Admission 2018 – Download Handbook