The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL) was established by the State Legislature of Punjab by passing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law. Application form for eligible candidates is invited for admission into B.A. LLB (Hons) Five year integrated course and LLM one-year post-graduate course for the academic year 2021. Admission to RGNUL courses will be based on CLAT 2021. Candidates can check the complete information of RGNUL Admission through CLAT 2021 like application process, eligibility criteria & other information through this page below.
Latest: RGNUL has released notification for admission in B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) & LL.M. One Year Course. Scroll down to get details.
RGNUL Admission through CLAT 2021
Candidates who are seeking admission to B.A LLB (Hons) and LLM course can fill their Application form from the official website. Admission will be made on the basis CLAT merit.
|Date of CLAT||09 May 2021|
|Counselling Date for B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) and L.L.M||to be announced|
The Admission is based on the merit in the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT). However, to qualify for admission:
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 examination of the Punjab School Education Board or it’s equivalent with minimum 45% marks in the aggregate (40% marks for SC/ST).
- The candidates appearing in or awaiting results of the qualifying examination held or being held in March/April 2021 may also apply and appear for the Combined Law Admission Test (CLAT) provisionally, subject to the condition that they shall produce proof of having passed the qualifying examination with the prescribed percentage of marks at the time of their interview/counseling.
- The candidature of
- those who do not clear the qualifying examination with the requisite marks and or fail to produce a result on the date of interview/ counseling. OR
- those who get compartments/re-appear in any subject in the qualifying examination shall be canceled and subsequent securing qualifying marks shall not be considered in any case.
Candidate applying in the SC/ST/SAP/State Resident category is required to submit category certificate from the competent authority.
On the basis of merit from the expression of interest received from applicants for admission to B.A.LL.B (Hons.), the candidates have been provisionally offered seats against the existing vacancies. The candidates are required to report for admission at RGNUL Admission Office along with supporting documents in original and full fee as notified.
Note: The Vacancy against Ward of Kashmiri Migrant Category is only available in LL.M. course. There is no vacancy in this category for B.A.LLB (Hons.) course.
Seat Intake & Reservation
For BA LLB (Hons) Five year integrated course
The total number of seats for the BA LLB (Hons) five years integrated course shall be as follows:
#Out of 180 seats there shall be Horizontal Reservation as under:
05% (i.e. 09 seats) for Specially Abled Persons (SAP).
10% (i.e. 18 seats) for Punjab Residents.
The candidates applying in the SC/ST category are required to submit the caste certificate from the Competent Authority. The eligibility of Specially Abled Persons (SAP) category candidates seeking benefit of reservation for Persons with Benchmark Disability/Disability shall be determined as per provisions of the rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, on submission of certificate of disability issued by the Designated Certifying Authority. (For further details (x) Seats for Kashmiri Migrants and Supernumerary Quota Seats for refer to the relevant provisions of the Rights of Person with Disabilities Act, 2016.
For LLM one year post graduate course
The total number of seats for the LLM Course shall be as under:
5% (i.e. 02 seat) Horizontal Reservation is available for Specially Abled Persons (SAP).
The admission to foreign national students shall be on the basis of inter-se merit of the qualifying examination and interview. Foreign national students need to apply directly to the Registrar RGNUL latest by May 31, 2021.
Shortlist Candidates for Counselling
The shortlisted candidates for Counselling will be released. candidates can check the list of candidates from the official website or through the direct link provided below. The shortlisted candidates should confirm their candidature at RGNUL for the respective categories through an email at email@example.com.
All those candidates who fail to appear personally along with the requisite documents shall forfeit their right for admission and the vacancy created by this forfeiture shall be filled from the waitlisted candidates in order of CLAT merit.
Documents required at the time of counselling:
- CLAT 2021 Admit Card (if applicable).
- 10th Pass Certificate and Marksheet.
- 12th Pass Certificate and Detail Marksheet.
- B.A.LL.B Marksheet and Pass Certificate
- B.A.LL.B Degree (if applicable) (
- Migration Certificate from School/Board/University last attended.
- Character Certificate from Educational Institution last attended.
- Category Certificate issued by the competent authority (if applicable).
- If gap year-declaration to the effect that student has not taken admission during the period in any Institution/University.
- Copy of Aadhaar Card (UID).
- Four Photographs (Passport size).
- Soft copy of Passport Size Photograph (jpg) in a Pendrive.
- One set of Attested Copies of the documents mentioned from I to X (Self Attested).
For more details of RGNUL Admission through CLAT 2021 – Download Information Brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.