The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL) was established by the State Legislature of Punjab by passing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law. Application form for eligible candidates are invited for admission into B.A. LLB (Hons) Five year integrated course and LLM one-year post-graduate course for the academic year 2018-2019. Candidates will be informed regarding RGNUL Admission through CLAT 2018 as per the official declaration. Candidates can check the complete information of RGNUL Admission through CLAT 2018 like application process, eligibility criteria & other information through this page below.
RGNUL Admission through CLAT 2018
Candidates who are seeking admission to B.A LLB (Hons) and LLM course can fill their Application form from the official website. Admission will be made on the basis CLAT merit. The Admission through CLAT 2018 will be notified as per the schedule. candidates are requested to keep a constant touch with us.
|Availability of Application Form||1st Jan 2018|
|The last date to fill Application Form||31 Mar 2018|
|Date of CLAT||13 May 2018|
|The last date to fill Application Form||31 May 2018|
|Counselling Date for NRI and Foreign National category||28 Jun 2018|
Notice Regarding Vacant Seats
On the basis of merit from the expression of interest received from applicants for admission to B.A.LL.B (Hons.), the candidates have been provisionally offered seats against the existing vacancies. The candidates are required to report for admission on July 7, 2018 at RGNUL Admission Office alongwith supporting documents in original and full fee as notified.
Admission against vacant seats
Following is the notice and list of candidates who are allocated seats for LL.M and BA.LL.B
- Click here to check a list of candidates who have been allotted seats against existing vacancy for B.A.LL.B. (5 years integrated programme)
- Click here to check a list of candidates who have been allotted seats against existing vacancy for LL.M (One year course)
- Click here to check list of candidates who have submitted expression of interest for Admission to LL.M
- Click here to check list of candidates allotted against existing vacancy for LL.M
- Click here to check list of candidates allotted against existing vacancy for B.A.LL.B
- Click here to check list of candidates who have submitted expression of interest for Admission to B.A.LL.B
- Click here to check the notice against Vacant Seats for B.A.LL.B & LL.M
- Click here to fill detail for admission against Vacant Seats for B.A.LL.B & LL.M.
Note: The Vacancy against Ward of Kashmiri Migrant Category is only available in LL.M. course. There is no vacancy in this category for B.A.LLB (Hons.) course.
The shortlisted candidates for Counselling has been released. candidates can check the list of candidates from the official website or through the direct link provided below. The shortlisted candidates should confirm their candidature at RGNUL for the respective categories through an email at [email protected] on or before June 20, 2018.
- Click here to check the List of J&K Residents Shortlisted Candidates (LL.M).
- Click here to check the List of J&K Residents Shortlisted Candidates & List of Kashmiri Migrants Shortlisted candidates.
All those candidates who fail to appear personally along with the requisite documents shall forfeit their right for admission and the vacancy created by this forfeiture shall be filled from the waitlisted candidates in order of CLAT merit.
Documents required at the time of counselling:
- CLAT 2018 Admit Card (if applicable).
- 10th Pass Certificate and Marksheet.
- 12th Pass Certificate and Detail Marksheet.
- B.A.LL.B Marksheet and Pass Certificate
- B.A.LL.B Degree (if applicable) (
- Migration Certificate from School/Board/University last attended.
- Character Certificate from Educational Institution last attended.
- Category Certificate issued by competent authority (if applicable).
- If gap year-declaration to the effect that student has not taken admission during the period in any Institution/University.
- Copy of Aadhaar Card (UID).
- Four Photographs (Passport size).
- Soft copy of Passport Size Photograph (jpg) in a Pendrive.
- One set of Attested Copies of the documents mentioned from I to X (Self Attested).
The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law has released the application form. Candidates have to ensure their eligibility criteria before filling the Application Form. In order to take Admission for the academic year, 2018-19 candidates are required to provide their basic details. The direct link to fill the Application Form is available here for the sake of candidates.
Application Form: Click here to download RGNUL Admission Form.
The candidate must ensure the eligibility criteria set by Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL)
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 examination of the Punjab School Education Board or its equivalent with minimum 45% marks in the aggregate (40% marks for SC/ST).
- The candidates appearing in or awaiting results of the qualifying examination held or being held in March/April 2018 may also apply and appear for the Combined Law Admission Test (CLAT) provisionally, subject to the condition that they shall produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination with the prescribed percentage of marks at the time of their interview/counseling.
- The candidature of
- those who do not clear the qualifying examination with the requisite marks and or fail to produce a result on the date of interview/ counseling,
- those who get compartments/re-appear in any subject in the qualifying examination shall be canceled and subsequent securing qualifying marks shall not be considered in any case.
Seat Intake & Reservation
For BA LLB (Hons) Five year integrated course
The total number of seats for the BA LLB (Hons) five years integrated course shall be as follows:
#Out of 180 seats there shall be Horizontal Reservation as under:
05% (i.e. 09 seats) for Specially Abled Persons (SAP).
10% (i.e. 18 seats) for Punjab Residents.
The candidature of the Punjab Resident Category shall be determined on submission of an affidavit and a certificate as per the Punjab Government.
Admission to the category of the ‘Foreign National’ shall be direct admission independently of CLAT on the basis of inter-se-merit of the qualifying examination and interview.
Admission to NRI Category shall be on the basis of CLAT merit. Such candidates are required to apply to RGNUL directly after CLAT, stating their CLAT merit in RGNUL Admission Form. NRI sponsored candidates shall not be considered.
For LLM one year post graduate course
The total number of seats for the LLM Course shall be as under:
5% (i.e. 02 seat) Horizontal Reservation is available for Specially Abled Persons (SAP).
The admission for foreign national students shall be direct, independent of CLAT, on the basis of inter-se-merit of the qualifying examination and interview.
NRI Seats in B.A.LL.B.(Hons.) Course
Five additional seats shall be offered in the Under-Graduate Course B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) FYIC only for Non Resident Indians (NRI’s). The NRI sponsored candidates shall not be eligible for admission under this category.
- The term Non Resident Indian (NRI), shall be as per the Income Tax Law of India. However, not withstanding any amendment in such laws, all rights, obligations and duties flowing from the Law and subsisting at the time of submission of the application shall be respected and mandated till completion of the B.A.LL.B.(Hons.) Course at RGNUL by the applicant.
- Non Resident Indian (NRI) shall also include their spouses, dependents sons/daughters inclusive of legally adopted children. Save as provided above NRI sponsored (popularly termed as “NRI SPONSORED CANDIDATES”) shall not be eligible for admission at RGNUL, Patiala.
- In addition to other requirements, the NRI candidates are required to submit the following documents:
- NRI Certificate issued by the Indian embassy in the concerned country.
- Copy of the Passport of Parent working abroad/Copy of the work Permit/License to work of parent/copy of resident Permit of Parent/ Letter from employer of the parent.
- English Translation of all documents & transcripts duly attested.
- Undertaking of Parent for financial support to the candidate including and payment of fee as prescribed for NRI category, by RGNUL.
For more details of RGNUL Admission through CLAT 2018 – Download Information Brochure.