RGUMPET 2019 also known as Rajiv Gandhi University M.Phil & Ph.D. Entrance Test is organized by the Rajiv Gandhi University for those candidates who are willing to take admission into various M.Phil & Ph.D. programme. The online admission process is over now. Those candidates who have applied can now check the result of RGUMPET 2019. The list of selected students for various department has been released. Get here the complete detail of Rajiv Gandhi University Admission 2019 such as application process, eligibility criteria etc.
RGUMPET 2019 – Rajiv Gandhi University M.Phil & Ph.D. Entrance Test
Candidates seeking admission to M.Phil/ Ph.D. programmes are required to appear in the entrance test going to be held by Rajiv Gandhi University on June 27 to 30, 2019. Candidate can download their Admit Card for entrance test from here as per schedule. Those candidates who are interested in giving the RGUMPET 2019 Test need to fill the Application Form before May 24, 2019. Candidates can check the Important Schedule from the table provided below.
|Issue of Application Form||09 May 2019|
|Last date of submission of forms||24 May 2019|
|Scrutiny of Application Forms by the concerned Department||27 – 30 May 2019|
|Notification of eligible test||31 May 2019|
|Date of Entrance Test (for both M. Phil. & Ph. D. in Tribal Studies (AITS) only)||11 June 2019|
|Date of Common Entrance Test (for both M. Phil. & Ph. D.)||12 June 2019|
Rajiv Gandhi University has published the list of selected candidates based upon entrance test & viva voce on the official website. The selected candidates are directed to take admission in their respective department as per the schedule. Candidates can check the list of selected candidates directly from the links which will be provided below.
- Click here to check the list of selected candidates of M.Phil & Ph.D (sociology) for Viva-voce examination.
- Click here to check the list of selected candidates for Department of Botany.
- Click here to check the list of candidates for M.phil-Mass Communication.
- Click here to check the list of candidates for PhD-Mass Communication.
RGC has released the answer key of the RGUMPET 2019 exam held on June 11 & 12, 2019. Candidates can check the keys from the official website in the “Important Notices” section. The direct link to go there is also present below.
Answer Key: Click Here to check the answer key.
List of Eligible Candidates
Rajiv Gandhi University has released the list of eligible candidates. Candidates who had applied for various Ph.D. & M.phil programmes under the RGUMPET 2019 for the academic year 2019 can check their names from the list. Only the eligible candidates will be called for the next stage of the admission process. The direct link to access the list will be provided below.
Eligible Candidates List:
- Click here to check the List of students exempted for RGUMPET 2019 written Test Sociology.
- Click here to check the List of Eligible Candidates for RGUCET 2019 – Dept. of Physics
- Click here to check the List of Eligible Candidates for RGUCET 2019 – ECE
- Click here to check the List of Eligible candidates for M.phil-Zoology.
- Click here to check the list of candidates to appear in the written test.
- Click here to check List of candidates for M.phil-Hindi.
- Click here to check List of candidates for PhD-Hindi.
- Click here to check the List of Eligible Candidates for Ph.D – Dept. of Physical Education.
- Click here to check the List of Eligible Candidates for M.Phil & Ph.D – Dept. of History.
- Click here to check the List of candidates for M.Phil commerce.
- Click here to check the list of candidates for PhD commerce.
Seating Arrangement for M. Phil. & Ph. D
RGUMPET 2019 Application Form
Rajiv Gandhi University has released the RGUMPET 2019 application form on its official website. Aspirants who wish to apply for various M.Phil or Ph.D. programmes can fill their application form. The Application form is released in online mode only. The candidates may apply online and transmit Rs. 400/- only as entrance fee with relevant documents from May 09 – 24, 2019 by visiting the university’s website.
Application Form: Click here to apply for the RGUMPET 2019.
The Scholars having 55% marks in Master Degree in the concerned subject are eligible to appear for the screening/entrance test.
RGUMPET 2019 Basic Guidelines
There shall be only one common test for screening of candidates for M.Phil and Ph.D. programmes. Thereby a common merit list shall be generated on the basis of the number of seats available Ph.D. and M.Phil programmes in a particular Department / Institute. Meritorious candidates can opt for either Ph.D. or M.Phil programmes as per their options based on the availability of seats.
Candidates shall appear in CET for M.Phil and Ph.D. in the concerned subjects comprising of two paper of 100 marks each as detailed below:
Paper I – This paper shall be of objective type questions from research methodology and/or paper from P.G level. This Test shall be of 1 and 1/2 hours duration having 50 questions carrying 2 marks each.
Paper II – This paper shall be description type covering major areas of study at PG level including research methodology. The questions set shall be of the following type in the concerned subject:
- 5 Very short answer type of 2 marks each
- 5 Short answer type carrying 6 marks each
- 4 Questions carrying 10 marks each
- 1 Long answer type carrying 20 marks
This Paper shall be of 3 hours duration.
For Ph.D. in Hindi or in any other language, the scholars have to appear in the concerned language test instead of English Paper.
Qualifying exam – For qualifying the test, a scholar has to secure a minimum of 50% marks separately in both the papers.
Exemption – All the UGC-CSIR JRF holders, M.Phil degree holders and regular in-service faulty members teaching for at least 5 years in Govt. colleges affiliated under RGU and at least 3 years in the concerned department of RGU are exempted from written RGUMPE Test but should apply through proper channel in the prescribed format for being screened and called for the Viva-voce tests.
50% of the seats of the Ph.D. programme shall be reserved for Open category, 25% for CSIR-UGC JRF holder and 25% for M.Phil degree holders. Reservation for M.Phil candidates in Ph.D. shall be considered from the concerned subjects only. In case of no reservation of seat due to less than 4 seats than merit for M.Phil/JRF/Teachers shall be based on over all percentage of marks obtained in respective degree exam (M.Phil/JRF/Postgraduate) converted to index percentage respectively with the open category candidates.
|Department / Institute||Ph.D||M.Phil|
- Click here to check the Rajiv Gandhi University admission notification for session 2019-20
Official website: www.rgu.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.