RLINS Admissions B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2016.
RL Institute of Nautical Science invites application for B.Tech (ME) Admission 2016 via Lateral Entry scheme. Candidates will be joining in Second year of B.Tech Marine Engineering course. Below is the Eligibility Criteria for applying through this scheme.
- The Candidates should have a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering / Marine Engineering from any Institution approved by AICTE with at least 60% marks overall and should have completed the Diploma within the stipulated period of 3 years.
- The Candidates should have secured 50% marks in English in 10th Standard or in 12th Standard or diploma.
- Age Limit: 18-25 years as on 01.08.2016 Age Limit-18-25 years as on 1st Aug 2015 (5 years relaxation for SC / ST candidates).
- Eye Sight: As per DG Shipping Medical Standards
RLINS B.Tech (LE) Application Form
Candidate should submit Application & Annexure form only online.
- Click Here to fill Online Application Form
Application processing fee of Rs.1000/- is to be remitted in any one of the following:
How to appear for RLSAT 2016 – Online Psychometric Test?
After submission of application form online, the candidate will be enabled to appear for Psychometric Test online by the institute. To appear for Psychometric Test online, candidate has to login his application number as “username” and date of birth as “password”.
Choose any reliable browsing center or your own computer with internet connectivity to appear for the online test [RLSAT] at any time convenient to you. Use only INTERNET EXPLORER. Each Candidate is given three chances. If he is not successful in the first attempt, he can appear for the RLSAT 2015 two more times without paying any additional processing fee.
If he has exhausted all the chances, he can make three more attempts by resubmitting his application again, by paying a fresh processing fee of Rs.1000/-. For resubmitting your application, please go to your login page and furnish details of your second processing fee payment. (Fresh NEFT Transfer or Fresh DEMAND DRAFT). The Candidate will then be considered as a fresh candidate.
Each question is provided with multiple choice answers. Medium of Test is English
The Psychometric test will have three parts:
|Description||No. of Questions||Weightage %|
Click Here for more details on B.Tech (Marine Engineering) – Lateral Entry Admission Procedure
RLINS Admissions B.Tech Admission 2016
Admission for B .Tech (Marine Engineering) at RLINS (RL Institute of Nautical Science).
Courses Offered: 4 year B .Tech (Marine Engineering) in R L Institute of Nautical Sciences, Madurai.
RLINS Application Form
Candidates can apply through IMU or Direct method.
Candidates can also check their Application Status after filling their application form login through Application No. and Date of Birth.
Application Reservation Fee of Rs. 10000/- to be paid by andy of the following options:
- National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT)
- Demand Draft
Through any bank by NEFT facility. The following details are furnished for sending the fees through NEFT mode.
Name of benefinciary : R. L. Institute of Nautical Sciences
Name and Address of beneficiary’s Bank : City Union Bank, 70, Tamil Sangam Road, Madurai-625001
Account No. : Current A/c No. 027109000119084
IFSC Code : CIUB0000027
After making payment through NEFT mode, the banker will give you a unique transaction receipt number called UTR Number. This UTR Number must be furnished by the candidates in the online application form.
By way of Demand Daft drawn in favour of R.L. Institute of Nautical Science, payable at Madurai. The same is to be sent to the following address alongwith a printout of the application form submitted online.
R.L. Institute of Nautical Sciencesd
TVR Nagar, Aruppukottai Road
Madurai – 625022
Ph : 0452-3918615 / 14
Note: If seats reservation is not required then application can be submitted online without payment of Rs. 10000/-.
RLINS Admission Criteria
- A pass in Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or its equivalent from any Govt. recognised Board (passed in first attempt )
- Minimum 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM).
- Minimum 50% marks in English either in Class X or Class XII.
- For admission to B.Tech (Marine Engineering) degree course, it is mandatory to pass the Common Entrance Test conducted by Indian Maritime University, which is known as IMU CET.
Age : 17-25 years
Medical Examination: Declared medically fit by the institute Doctors approved by Directorate General of Shipping (DGS).
- Shall be neither “colour blind” nor “night blind”.
- Power: Distance vision 6/12 in each eye or 6/9 in better eye and 6/18 in other eye.
If you have any queries about RLINS Admissions, please ask your questions in the comments below.