RL Institute of Nautical Science (RLINS) Admission 2020: RL Institute of Nautical Sciences invites application for B.Tech (Marine Engineering) Admission 2020. The application forms can be filled online through the website of RLINS, rlins.edu.in. Candidates must have passed class 12th (PCM) to be eligible for admission to B.Tech (ME) course. Admissions are granted on the basis of IMU CET. Get detailed information about RL Institute of Nautical Science (RLINS) Admission 2020 through this page.
Latest: The application form for admission to B.Tech (ME) has been released. Scroll down to find the application link.
RL Institute of Nautical Science (RLINS) Admission 2020
For admission to B.Tech (ME) in RLINS, it is necessary to qualify IMU-CET (Indian Maritime University) – Common Entrance Test. On passing the B.Tech (ME) course, the students are awarded the degree of Marine Engineers. Marine Engineers can go on to become Chief Engineering Officers in the Merchant Navy later on in their career.
Schedule for Important Dates for B.Tech Marine Engineering Admission 2020
|Last date to register||To be announced|
|IMU-CET 2020 date||Jun 2020|
Application Form for RL Institute of Nautical Science (RLINS) Admission 2020
Both the application & annexure form has to be submitted online. The candidate fulfilling all the eligibility criteria should apply online and after generating the application number, annexure form can also be submitted by providing the application number & date of birth. Link to apply is given below.
- Click Here to fill Online Application Form for RLINS B.Tech ME admission 2020.
- Click Here to submit the annexure.
- Click Here to check the Admission Status for RLINS B.Tech ME admission 2020.
Details to be filled in the application form
- Personal Details
- Place of Birth
- Family History
- Communication Address
- Class 12 Particulars
- Course Preference
- Option to block seat
- Payment details, in case of seat blocking
Eligibility Criteria for RL Institute of Nautical Science (RLINS) Admission 2020
Various standards & criteria have been set for the candidates who are aspiring to take admission in Marine Engineering in RLINS 2020. They are listed below.
- Pass in Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or its equivalent from any Govt. recognized Board.
- Minimum 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM).
- Minimum 50% marks in English either in Class X or Class XII.
- For admission to B.Tech (Marine Engineering) degree course, it is mandatory to pass the Common Entrance Test conducted by Indian Maritime University, which is known as IMU CET.
- Age Limit: 17-25 years (5 years relaxation for SC / ST candidates).
- Eye-sight: As per DG Shipping Medical Standards.
Reservation of Seats for RL Institute of Nautical Science (RLINS) Admission 2020
The Candidate can reserve the seat in RLINS by paying Rs 10000/- which will be adjusted against first semester fees. Reservation fee of Rs 10,000/- has to be paid using the following method.
Send through any bank by NEFT (National Electronic Fund Transfer). The following details are to be furnished to the bank for sending the fees through NEFT mode.
- Name of beneficiary: R.L. Institute of Nautical Sciences
- Name & Address of beneficiary’s Bank: City Union Bank, 82A, Tamil Sangam Road, Madurai – 625 001
- Account No.: 027109000119084
- IFSC Code: CIUB0000027
After making payment through NEFT mode, the banker will give you a UNIQUE TRANSACTION RECEIPT number called UTR Number. This UTR Number must be furnished by the candidate in the online application form.
Selection Procedure for RL Institute of Nautical Science (RLINS) Admission 2020
First and foremost, all the candidates willing to get a seat in B.Tech Marine Engineering course in RLINS have to submit the application form. The selection of candidates is done based on the CET (Common Entrance Test) conducted by IMU. After the result of IMU-CET 2020 is out, the selection process proceeds in the following manner:
- RLINS shortlists the candidates on the basis of IMU CET and sends them provisional admission letter and institute prospectus through an email. Also, the shortlisted candidates are notified about the fee structure and list of DGS approved doctors in the same mail.
- The provisionally selected candidate must undergo a medical examination by Directorate General of Shipping approved doctors.
- Candidates are required to submit photocopies of the documents along with the medical certificate to RLINS within the notified period.
Documents to be submitted for RLINS B.Tech ME Admission 2020
An Annexure of the application is to be filled and submitted online by the candidate. This he can do after the publication of his respective examination results and award of marks. The candidate will submit the copy of the following documents.
- Mark Sheets of 10th and 12th
- Transfer Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Community Certificate (for SC/ST Candidate)
along with filled annexure form.
To confirm admission, the candidate has to pay the first-semester fee online within the time specified in the provisional admission letter. First Semester Fee is to be paid through NEFT in the bank account, already provided above on this page. After verifying photocopies of candidates’ documents, RLINS asks the candidates to send their original documents. On successful verification of original documents by IMU, the registration number is issued to the candidates. Confirmed Admission Letter gets issued to the cadets by RLINS only after obtaining the IMU provided registration number.
B.Tech Marine Engineering (Lateral Entry) Admission 2020
The Institute is dedicated to delivering high-quality maritime education and training to prepare its students for a rewarding career in the shipping industry. In the lateral entry scheme, the selected candidates will be admitted directly to the 2nd year. The candidates get admission based on the diploma marks. The candidate also has to undergo a medical fitness test to get admission.
Various standards & criteria has been set for the candidates who are aspiring to take admission in Marine Engineering Lateral Entry in RLINS 2020. They are listed below.
- Candidate should have Diploma in Mechanical Engineering/ Diploma in Marine Engineering from any Institution approved by Government with at least 60% marks overall and should have completed the Diploma within the stipulated period of 3 years.
- The Candidates should have secured 50% marks in English in 10th Standard or in 12th Standard or diploma.
- Age Limit: 18-25 years (5 years relaxation for SC / ST candidates).
- Eye-sight: As per DG Shipping Medical Standards.
RLINS B.Tech (LE) Application Form
The candidates should submit the application & annexure form only online. Interested candidates should first verify the eligibility criteria and then only they should start filling the application form. The form includes various details like name, state, pin code, date of birth, etc. All the details should be filled correctly.
Submission of Application Form
An Annexure to the application is to be filled and submitted online by the candidate. The candidate must take a print out of the application form along with the Annexure from their login mode. Sign and send the same to the Institute directly along with copies of the required documents. If the candidate is awaiting the results, Annexure can be submitted after the publication of results of degree examination and award of marks.
Duly Attested Copy of the following documents are to be enclosed along with the Annexure
- Diploma Mark Statement
- Diploma Certificate
- Secondary /10th Std. (SSLC) Mark Statement
- Senior Secondary /10 +2 Mark Statement
- Birth Certificate issued by any Government authorities
- Conduct certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Community Certificate
The Institute receives the filled in Application form along with Annexure & Candidate will be provisionally selected based on his Diploma Marks. The selected candidate will be issued with a Provisional Admission Letter. The provisional admission will be intimated through E-mail. Candidates can note that the date mentioned in the provisional admission letter is treated as the date of intimation. Provisionally selected candidate must undergo a medical examination by DGS approved doctors at selected centers. Candidate can choose any of the doctors listed on the website.
The Doctor will inform the candidate as well as the Institute about his medical fitness. If found fit, the Doctor will hand over the hard copies of the medical report to the candidate in a sealed envelope. Candidate must submit the sealed envelope to the Institute positively at the time of admission.
Confirmation of Admission
The final admission of a candidate will depend on the following factors.
- Payment of the first-semester fee.
- Confirmation of eyesight by the Institutes Ophthalmologist at Madurai (Second Eye Test).
- Before commencement of the course, original documents are to be produced for verification.
- If not found in order, the admission stands cancelled.
If you have any queries about RLINS Admissions, please ask your questions in the comments below.
Official website: rlins.edu.in
For detailed information about RLINS B.Tech (ME) Admission 2020, download Admission Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.