RPF Recruitment 2018 has been started after the announcement made by Government Of India Ministry Of Railways (Railway Board). The recruitment process will be done for the recruitment of 9739 vacancies, in which 50% vacancies are for female candidates. In this article, we will cover the each and every detail of the RPF Recruitment 2018.
RPF Recruitment 2018 for SI & Constable
The candidates who are desired to apply for the post at first they need to need to register themselves and fill the application form. After that, the eligible candidates will get the admit card and they have to participate the whole recruitment process, which will comprise four steps and have many parameters to which will scale the candidates on their intelligence and on their skills.
RPF 2018 Exam Date
Official notification for RPF is released in employment news paper. The railway ministry will start online applications from 01 Jun 2018. You can check the important dates here.
|RPF 2018 Notification Release||19 May 2018|
|Commencement of RPF 2018 Online application||01 Jun 2018|
|Last Date for filling the online application||30 Jun 2018|
|Issuance of the RPF Admit Card||10 days before CBT|
|Date of Computer Based Examination||Sep / Oct 2018|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
RPF recruitment will be done on the basis of written exam, following physical efficiency test and document verification round. Candidates can check latest updates, eligibility criteria, selection process, best books, and more details on RPF Recruitment 2018 from this page.
To apply properly and to be selected be with us on this page, and check more about RPF Recruitment 2018. Check eligibility, application form, and examination scheme, syllabus for the examination.
RPF Recruitment 2018 Vacancies
Railway Protection Force (RPF) has released notification regarding the recruitment for the post of Constable & Sub Inspectors for 9739 vacancies. There is total 8619 vacancy for Constable post and total 1120 vacancy for Sub-Inspector post.
What will be the Pay Scale for Railway Protection Force?
The pay band last time was 5200-20200 and the Grade Pay was Rs. 2,000, plus usual allowances. Expectations are that it might increase this year.
The candidates who want to apply are needs to check the eligibility criteria. As of now only the details of recruitment has been released by the recruitment board, the official dates for the recruitment process have not been released yet. The recruitment is conducted for the Post of Sub-Inspector & Constable.
RPF Recruitment 2018 Eligibility Criteria
There are certain eligibility criteria for RPF Recruitment 2018. The Indian Railway will only recruit a candidate if they fulfill the following criteria:
Citizenship – The applicant should be a citizen of India.
Education Qualification – The candidate should have passed Matriculation (class 10th) / equivalent.
Age Limit – It is important to ensure that the applicant should be between the age group of 10 to 25 years.
Post wise details of education qualification, age limit and experience required is given below in the table. All the details described here is according to the post.
|Post or Designation||Educational
|Sub Inspector(Exe)||Should be graduate from a recognized University||20||25||—|
|Sub Inspector(Band)||Should have done the Potential Band Master Course or having any equivalent degree.||20||25||—|
|Constable(Exe)/Ancillary||Should pass the Matriculation Certificate from any recognized board||18||25||—|
|Constable (Band)||According to RPF rules.||18||25||Minimum 02 years of experience in specified musical instruments.|
|Driver Grade-Ill||Should pass the Matriculation Certificate from any recognized board||20||25||Should have the heavy vehicle driving Licence, which must be 06 months old.|
Age Relaxation Policy: The Age relaxation policy is also provided by the Railways, as per the order of the Government of India). The age relaxation policy will apply to the candidates of different category and the and for the Disabled candidates.
|Category||Upper Age Limit As per the Relaxation|
|The aspirants who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01 Jan 1980 to 31 Dec 1989 will get age relaxation as||Unreserved-05 Years
SC/ST- 10 years
|Only for the post of Sub Inspector: Central Govt.employees (Unreserved) other than Ex-servicemen, who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular & continuous service on the date of reckoning.||Unreserved-05 Years
|Widows divorced women, and women judicially separated from husband but not remarried.||Unreserved-2 years
|For Ex-Serviceman||Unreserved- 03 years
OBC- 05 years
SC/ST- 07 years
Physical Standard: The candidates who are applying for the post should satisfy the physical standards set by the recruitment authority. The candidate should check the physical standards before applying for the post.
|Category of the Candidate||Height||Chest(For male candidates only)|
Garhwalis, Gorkhas, Marathas, Dogras, Kumaonese, and other
categories specified by Govt.
The eligibility criteria are only for Sub Inspector, Constable and Driver Grade III, for more details about The eligibility criteria you can click on the “Eligibility Criteria” page from the Quick links section.
Who is Not Eligible? – Any candidates who do not fulfill the above criteria is ineligible for the recruitment.
How to fill the RPF Recruitment 2018 Application Form
As Indian Railways will release the application form the candidates will need to fill the application for in the given time limit. The candidates are advised to check the detailed Eligibility criteria for the desired post on which he/she wants to apply. The application form will be released on the official website of Railways. Railways categorize the whole application process into few steps so for making the process candidate friendly. These steps are given here
Registration: This is the first step of the application process. The candidates need to register them first on the website. For doing the registration they need to click on the ONLINE application link for the recruitment of Constable/Sub-Inspector. After that, you have to enter the basic details name, Date of Birth and Father’s name, Mother’s Name, Aadhar number, State/UT, Community, Education Board, SSLC/Matric Roll number, year of passing SSLC/Matric, mobile number and email-id and then submit for registration. After successful registration, the candidates will get the OTP to log in. That will be used for fee submission.
Fee Submission: On completion of the registration the candidate will automatically be directed to the Payment window. where the candidate has to make payment for the application form. The payment will be done through the
- Online->net banking/credit card/debit card &
- Offline-(>Other Modes->Bank Branch tor challan) or Post Office Challan and complete the payment process.
Sometimes candidates made some mistake while filling the application form. In that case, candidates can lose their candidature if the form gets rejected. But now, Railways has introduced a new step in the application process, that will help in this type of situation. Application Form Correction feature will help the candidates. The “Application Form Correction” service will be started after final submission of ONLINE application. The candidates have to pay Rs. 250/- as the modification fee.
As the recruitment authority has provided the feature of Application form Correction. This feature allows candidates to change the Text data, candidates are not allowed to change the file that was uploaded at the time of Online Form submission. So when the candidates mistakenly uploaded the wrong image or any image as the prescribed format. So, in that case, the form could be rejected by the board. Or if any candidate fills multiple applications. In such case, all applications will be rejected and such candidates will be debarred from future exams. So candidates can check that their application form is whether selected or rejected. candidates will be able to view their status ONLINE on the website along with the reason for rejection which is final and binding and no further correspondence shall be entertained on the subject.
For more details about the whole application process, the candidates can check “Application Form” Page.
RPF 2018 Admit Card
After the application process ends, the conducting body will issue the RPF Recruitment 2018 admit card to the candidates. It will be available before the examination. Admit card for RPF Recruitment 2018 is also known as the Railway Call Letter. The candidates whose forms will be accepted will get an SMS on their registered mobile no about their eligibility to download the Railway Admit Card. The candidates who will get the SMS will able to download the Hall ticket for the CBT. The admit card will not be sent by post or any other method. The candidates should read the instructions on the e-call letter carefully and follow them scrupulously. The authority will release it separately for the written test, PET, and document verification.
The candidates need to scan their photograph and it should be printed on the call letter. The candidates falling under SC/ST category will get additional facilities as the Travel Ticket. During the journey, these candidates should carry original SC/ST certificate and one original prescribed proof of identity for undertaking journey failing which they will be treated as traveling without ticket and charged accordingly.
During the exam day, the candidates should bring the RPF 2018 admit card, along with a valid photo id proof. It can be Aadhaar Card, Voter Id Card, PAN Card, Passport, License, etc. Along with this, the candidates will also have to carry, two passport size photographs as well.
For more details about the admit card, and to download the admit card, the candidates can check “Admit Card” Page.
What will be the Recruitment Process for RPF Recruitment 2018?
The Railway Recruitment Board will conduct the examination in Three stages, for the recruitment of SI and Constable. The recruitment shall be held in the following phases:
- Phase-I Computer Based Test
- Phase-II Physical Efficiency Test(PET) and Physical Measurement Test(PMT)
- Phase-III Trade Test
- Phase-IV Document verification
All Phases up to III are the test for the recruitment process, but phase IV is the document verification Process.
Mode of Examination – The exam will be held in offline mode and candidates will have to mark the answers in an OMR sheet.
- It should be noted that all the Railway exams are being conducted in Computer Based Mode this year. Hence, there is a high possibility that the exam for RPF will also be held in online mode.
Duration – Candidates will get 90 minutes to qualify the examination.
Number of Questions – There will be 120 MCQs. Out of which 50 questions will be on General Awareness, 35 on Arithematic, and 35 on General Intelligence and Reasoning.
Marking Scheme – For each correct answer, the candidate will get 1 mark. For each incorrect answer, negative marking of 1/3 mark will be done.
RPF Recruitment 2018 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of the written examination will be as follows:
Phase-I Computer Based Test
This test will be an online test and will contain the Multiple choice questions and the candidates will be allocated time according to their posts. The examination scheme & marking scheme for the CBT is given below.
|Post||Duration of the Test||No of Question||General Awareness||Arithmetic||General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|Sub Inspector (Exe)||90 minutes||120||50||35||35|
|Constable (Ancillary)||45 minutes||60||20||20||20|
|Driver Gr Ill||45 minutes||60||20||20||20|
- The question paper of CBT will be in that language which was chosen by the candidate at the time of filling the application form. The language in which CBT could appear is Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, Konkani, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Oriya, Punjabi Assamese, and Manipuri.
- The candidate has to answer each question and on every wrong marked answer, the candidate has to bear the deduction of 1/3 mark.
- The candidate needs to obtain the minimum qualifying marks in CBT which are as follows, The unreserved candidates need to obtain minimum 35% in CBT and SC/St candidates need to obtain 33% of marks.
- There shall be no CBT for the post of Constable (Band) and Sub-Inspector (Band).
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall beyond 10 minutes after commencement of the CBT.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the hall I room till the conclusion of the examination. After the examination is over, necessary follow-up action shall be ensured by Agency concerned as per instructions received from Chairman, Central Recruitment Committee.
Phase-II Physical Efficiency Test(PET) and Physical Measurement Test(PMT)
After completion of the CBT, the candidates who will clear the CBT will get the call letter for the PET & PMT. PET/PMT is qualifying in nature. No marks are to be awarded.
The scheme of the PET is given below.
|Category||1600 Mtr.||800 Mtr.||Long jump||High jump|
|Sub Inspector(Exe)||6 min 30 sec||—||12 ft.||3 ft. 9 inch|
|Sub Inspector female (Exe)||—||4 min||9 ft.||3 ft.|
|Constable||5 min 45 sec||—||14 ft.||4 ft.|
|Constable female||—||3 min 40 sec||9 ft.||3 ft.|
|Constable Band||—||3 min 40 sec||9 ft.||3 ft.|
|Ancillary Staff||—||3 min 40 sec||9 ft.||3 ft.|
|Driver Gr.III||6 min 30 sec||—||12 ft.||3 ft. 9 inch|
- The presence of the candidate in the PET & PMT will be recorded digitally by taking digital impressions of both thumbs. The entire process of PET and PMT will be video-graphed in such a manner that the face and chest number of the candidates are clearly discernible.
- Chances for Long Jump and High Jump will be limited, the candidate needs to perform well in the permitted chances. For 1600 I 800 mtrs event only one chance will be given, and for the rest of the events, two chances will be given to candidates.
- All candidates qualifying in 1600 mts/800 mts will be measured for eligibility with respect
to height and chest. Chest measurements will be taken only for male candidates. If a male
candidate’s unexpanded chest measurement is below eligibility limit, measurement for expansion of
chest shall not be taken and he shall be treated as disqualified.
- Male candidates who do not have minimum height shall not be considered for measurements
of the chest and shall be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates failing in PET/PMT shall be sent out of the venue after putting an indelible ink
mark on the index finger of the left hand. Their call letters shall be collected.
- In PMT the physical measurement of the candidate will be measured by the committee.
Note: Ex-servicemen shall be exempted from PET. However, they will have to undergo PMT.
Phase-III Trade Test
The qualified candidates of the PET & PMT will have to participate in the Trade Test and Document verification. All candidates who qualify in PET and PMT shall undergo the Trade Test. Digital impressions of both thumbs of candidates and their signatures will be obtained on an Attendance Sheet as proof of appearance in the Trade Test.
Trade Test, to be conducted out of 40 marks, will be the principal determinant for selection to
the categories of’ Sub Inspector (Band), Constable (Band), Driver Grade Ill and Ancillary staff.
Candidates must score a minimum of’ 40 % (35 % for SC/ST candidates) to qualify for further stages
of the selection process. Candidates for the categories of Constable (Barber, Cobbler), Sub Inspector (Band) and Constable (Band) shall bring their own tools/instruments for their Trade Test.
Trade Test Scheme: The candidates for different trade will be asked to do different tasks for the selection. Check here the tasks.
- For Driver Grade-III: Candidates will be asked to
(i) make a figure of ‘8’ in reverse gear with a light motor vehicle, and
(ii) reverse a heavy vehicle into a designated garage size space only with the help of rear I side-view mirrors. They will also be tested for tyre changing, fuse replacement, checking of various lubricants in the vehicle (steering oil, gear oil, differential oil, brake oil, etc.) and checking of coolant and battery fluid.
- For Sub-Inspector Band: All candidates will be tested by the Committee for command and
conduct of the band. The candidate should be able to select music, develop performance
programme, set musical standard for the group, and play an instrument of his choice from the list
of instruments enclosed.
- For Constable Band: All candidates will be tested by the expert in the Committee on their
the instrument of choice from the list of instruments enclosed.
- For Constable Barber: Handling of tools, Hair Cutting, Shaving
- For constable Cobbler: Knowledge of shoe repair, Shoe-polishing, punching neat holes in leather.
How to Prepare for RPF Railway Recruitment 2018?
The standard of the examination will be that of class 10th. Hence, it is advised that candidates revise their class 10th syllabus thoroughly. In the exam, the questions will also be asked from General Awareness for that it is advised that you start reading newspapers and watching the news.
Rather than going for high level preparation, we will advise that you focus on clearing the concepts of each topic. Do not stress your self but prepare consistently. While preparing, the candidates should make notes. These help during the revision stage. Candidates may also refer to the best book below to understand the level and syllabus of the exam.
What Are the Best Books for RPF Railway Recruitment 2018 Written Examination?
You can check and buy the best book for RPF preparation from below:
|Books and Authors||Buy Here|
|RPF/RPSF (Railway Protection Force/Railway Protection Special Force) Constable Recruitment Examination 2018 – GKP||Buy Online|
|RPF and RPSF Constable Recruitment Exam Guide (Popular Master Guide) – RPH Editorial Board||Buy Online|
|RPF Railway Protection Force: Constables – V.V.K. Subburaj||Buy Online|
|RPF/RPSF Constables Exam – Lal and Jain||Buy Online|
|RPF & RSPF (Railway Police Force) Recruitment Exam Guide – Vidya Editorial Board||Buy Online|
|RPF & RPSF Constable Guide: According to Latest Syllabus (Popular Master Guide) – by RPH Editorial Board||Buy Online|
RPF 2018 Result
RPF Result 2018 will be generated by the Indian Railways itself and will be notified on the official website. RPF Result 2018 for Railway SI, Constable, Driver will be released by Railway Protection Force. The result for different phases will release on different time. The result for CBT will be provided expeditiously by the agency at the time of examination. The result would be provided in the ascending order of the Roll numbers. Although, merit list would not be generated at the time of Examination. It will be uploaded 3 weeks prior to the Phase-II. The result for Phase-II and Phase-III will be notified to the candidates on the spot of PET & PMT, as all the rounds of the recruitment except for the CBT will be held on the same day and same venue.
Finally, a select Panel list, limited to the number of vacancies for a particular Group in each
category, will be prepared from the final merit list. The list will show qualified candidates in each category. A reserve panel in each category, of those candidates who couldn’t find a place in the panel, shall be shown separately to fill up vacancies arising due to candidates not appearing and/or not qualifying in medical test.
For detailed information of result, and to check the Merit list visit the “Result” page.
The document verification will be conducted for the candidates who will qualify the PET and PMT, the candidates need to produce some documents at the time of document verification.
- Matriculation Certificate as proof of age,
- Graduation I Matriculation Certificate as proof of educational qualification,
- Caste Certificate (tor SC, ST & OBC candidates) in the format prescribed for employment under Central Government.
- Discharge Certificate tor ex-Servicemen,
- Two copies of self- attested colour photograph,
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the present employer in case of serving Govt. Employees,
- Domicile certificate wherever applicable,
- Driving License, Trade I experience certificates where applicable,
Those candidates who will not participate in document verification will not be qualified irrespective of their participating in PET & PMT. The presence of the candidates in document verification will be recorded with digital impressions of both thumbs of the candidates and their signatures on an Attendance sheet.
- Candidates who wish to be considered against vacancies reserved/or seek age-relaxation
must submit the requisite/relevant certificate in original from the competent authority, in the prescribed format.
- All Certificates should be either in English or in Hindi only. Where certificates are not in
English I Hindi, self-attested translated version (In Hindi /English) should be produced wherever
- All the candidates who fall under Minorities mean Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and Zoroastrians (Parsis), will be required to furnish ‘minority community declaration’ affidavit at the time of document verification.
- Failure to produce required documents will lead to disqualification of the candidate, except for Caste Certificate, in which case the candidate will be treated as unreserved. No extension of time for production of original certificates shall be given, except in cases where the Caste certificate has been produced in a format other than prescribed, or where any certificate is claimed to have been lost I have stolen (a claim supported by FIR), in which case the candidate will be allowed a time
extension of four ( 4) weeks.
The whole selection process contains four Phases of recruitment. Those Phases are as follows
- Phase-I Computer Based Test: his test will be an online test and will contain the Multiple choice questions and the candidates will be allocated time according to their posts. The candidate needs to obtain the minimum qualifying marks in CBT which are as follows, The unreserved candidates need to obtain minimum 35% in CBT and SC/St candidates need to obtain 33% of marks.
- Phase-II Physical Efficiency Test(PET) and Physical Measurement Test(PMT): This will be qualifying in nature. No marks will be awarded for this stage. The candidates need to qualify the test as described above. The candidate would be tested for physical efficiency and Physical measurement test. The qualified candidates will have to appear in the next stage of recruitment.
- Phase-III Trade Test: After clearing the PET&PMT the candidates need to undergo the Trade test, here candidate would be tested for the trade in which he or she has applied.
- Phase-IV Document verification: The last and final stage is document verification all the selected candidates have to appear in the document verification process, where candidates need to produce the original document which he/she has claimed at the time of application submission.
After that, the Final merit list will publish the name and roll no of the candidates in descending order. The candidates who will get the more marks will be ranked higher. After that, the selected candidates will have to give the Medical Examination in the Railway Hospital.
How Do I Get Bonus Marks in RPF Railway Recruitment 2018?
Candidates will be allocated bonus marks only if they were a part of NCC or Games and Sports. The marks shall be awarded as follows:
Bonus Marks for NCC:-
- Candidate with Certificate B will get – 01 Mark
- Candidate with Certificate C will get – 02 Marks
- Maximum bonus marks for NCC certificate will not exceed – 02 marks
If a candidate gets the original certificates, he / she will get the benefit.
Bonus Marks for GAMES and SPORTS:-
- A candidate who Represented University at inter-university sports gets – 01 Mark
- Who Represented State at inter-state sports gets – 02 Marks
- If candidate Represented India at an International sports meet – 03 Marks
- Medal winner at National Level Sports Meet will get – 03 Marks
- If the height of the candidate is over 165 cms – 03 Marks
A candidate who will be separately awarded for sports will also get bonus marks. Also, total bonus marks cannot exceed more 05.
What will Happen in RPF Medical Examination?
Medical examination will also be done on the same day as the document verification round. Candidates will be sent for it at Railway Hospitals. There, the candidates will be checked for medical category B-1, which is prescribed in Indian Railway Medical Manual.
It should be noted that candidates wearing glasses, having a flat foot, knock-knee, squint eyes, colour blindness and other bodily defects shall be termed disqualified.
Training of Candidate Selected for Railway Protection Force Recruitment 2018
After the final selection, the training of the candidates will begin. It will be done in any of the RPF training center. Under the training period, candidates will get a stipend of Rs. 5200, along with the Grade Pay of Rs. 2000. Other allowances will also be given to the candidates. Once the training is over, candidates will have to appear for the final examination. It is mandatory to qualify the exam.
Official Website: www.indianrailways.gov.in