RTU DAT 2020 – Rajasthan Technical University (RTU), Kota will conduct the examination for Doctoral (Ph.D) Test (DAT) for the candidates who wants to take admission for the same. The expected date for the DAT Examination is in the last week of July 2020. Candidates can apply for RTU DAT 2020 from the official website of RTU rtu.ac.in. The expected date for the release of the RTU DAT 2020 Application Form is in the 3rd week of June 2020. Want to know more about RTU DAT 2020? Read all the information given on this page below.
RTU DAT 2020
Admission in various Ph.D. courses will be made on the basis of Admission Test result and Interview. The list of the applicants, eligible for written test will be displayed only on the RTU DAT 2020 website and no individual communication will be made. Candidates can check the important dates and times related to DAT 2020 in the table given below.
|RTU DAT 2020||Dates|
|Commencement of online application form filling RTU DAT 2020||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Commencement of Choice filling RTU DAT 2020||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Last date of online application RTU DAT 2020||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Display of list of eligible candidates RTU DAT 2020||3rd week of Jul 2020|
|Written test for RTU DAT 2020||3rd week of Jul 2020|
|Declaration of the written test result for RTU DAT 2020||Last week of Jul 2020|
|Document verification and interview of the qualified||Last week of Jul 2020|
|Declaration of selected candidates for PhD admission after Research Board approval RTU DAT 2020||Last week of Jul 2020|
RTU DAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must prepare for the RTU DAT 2020 examination as per the given Exam Pattern for the same. Interested candidates can check the Exam Pattern for RTU DAT 2020 below.
- Mode of the examination: Offline
- Language of the paper: English
- Time Duration of the examination: 2 and 1/2 hours
- Type of Questions: MCQs
- Total No. of questions: 100
|Topic||Total No. of Questions|
RTU DAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the Eligibility Criteria for RTU DAT 2020 Examination below.
Eligibility for Full-time Research Scholar:
- A candidate possessing the qualifications in appropriate areas and fulfilling the eligibility criteria as prescribed below, shall be eligible for admission to PhD programme in the respective subject.
- Master’s degree in the appropriate discipline of any recognized University/Institute or equivalent, with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate (of all the years/ semesters) where marks are awarded or minimum equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) as defined by AICTE/UGC or any other competent body as the case may be.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade B in the UGC 7 point scale (or an equivalent grade in point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing M.Phil. degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the PhD Degree in the same Institution in an integrated program. A relaxation of 5% or equivalent grade point in the minimum eligibility shall be allowed to the applicant belonging to the categories of SC/ST/OBC (Non Creamy Layer) and Differently abled persons or categories decided by UGC.
- A person whose M. Phil. Dissertation has been evaluated and viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme of the same institute, where ever applicable.
Eligibility for Part-time Research Scholar:
In addition to the educational qualifications the applicant shall prove the following to the satisfaction of the DRC (Departmental Research Committee):
- Permission of the employer in writing to the candidate, to pursue Ph D program along with his/her regular duties in the organization he/she is employed.
- Availability of all facilities for pursuing research at the candidate’s parent organization / place of work, in the chosen field of research.
- Certificate issued by the employer to allow him/her to fulfill the residential requirement during course work and contact days with supervisor after completion of the course work as notified by University from time to time.
- A candidate is required to fill the form as per his/her applicability.
RTU DAT 2020 Syllabus
To check the Syllabus for RTU DAT 2020 candidates can click here.
RTU DAT 2020 Admit Card
List of the applicants, eligible for written test will be displayed on the RTU DAT 2020 website and no individual communication will be made. The candidates are suggested to visit this page and on RTU website regularly for the schedule of RTU-DAT Admit Card, Examination and other updated information.
RTU DAT 2020 Application Form
Candidates can get the Application Form for RTU DAT 2020 examination on the official site of RTU. Interested candidates must fill the Application Form before the last date of the same. All the intersted candidates must check the eligibility criteria for RTU DAT 2020 before filling the Application Form for the same. Candidates must keep themselves prepared with all the required documents and Application Fee. The expected Application Fee for RTU DAT is Rs.700. A candidate is required to register online on DAT-2020 website by filling fill following details:-
a. Name of the candidate
b. Mother’s Name
c. Father’s name
d. Date of birth
e. Mobile no. and submit to register themselves for DAT-2020.
Note: At last a challan no. will be generated which is used for the application form fee payment which a candidate has to keep safe.
RTU DAT 2020 Admission Procedure
In all PhD programmes, the admission shall be granted as per Rajasthan Technical University ordinance and regulations for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy and the subsequent modifications thereof. The RTU-DAT – 2020 shall be conducted at the premise of RTU, Kota only.
- List of the applicants, eligible for written test will be displayed only on the RTU DAT 2020 website and no individual communication will be made.
- The result of written test of the qualified candidates will be displayed on RTU-DAT 2020 website. All the qualified applicants of RTU-DAT examination shall be invited for interview on the notified date.
- On a notified date the DRC shall interview the invited applicants in the order of merit of RTU-DAT. The DRC shall judge the suitability of the applicant for admission on the basis of applicant’s research aptitude, knowledge of the subject, clear understanding of the proposed research problem, suitability of proposed research methodology, research facilities available and availability of the research supervisor in the proposed research area etc.
- The applicant shall be allotted the supervisor(s) on the basis of area of interest of supervisor, interest area of the applicant and mutual consent of the both.
- The reservation in PhD programme shall be as per the Rajasthan State Government Reservation Policy. Applicants desirous of taking admission in OBC/SBC category should have valid certificate of non-creamy layer as per the government of Rajasthan.
- Note: University reserves the right not to fill all the vacant seats in the absence of suitable applicants as decided by the DRC. Merely qualifying the RTU-DAT examination does not entitle the applicant for admission to the PhD programme.
RTU DAT 2020 Result
Rajasthan Technical University (RTU), Kota will release the list of candidates selected for admission into Ph.D. (Full-time / Part-time) programs in various Departments and the recognized research centers. Candidates can check their names on the List. The selection List for RTU DAT 2020 will contain the below-given details of the candidates.
- Name of the candidate
- Area of Specialization
- Research Centers
- Course Work Subject
Rajasthan Technical University, Kota
Rajasthan Technical University (RTU) is located in Kota in the state of Rajasthan. It was established in 2006 by the Government of Rajasthan to enhance the technical education in the state. The university has been established in the campus of University College of Engineering, Kota(previously known as Engineering College, Kota), which is located on the Rawatbhata Road, about 14 kms from Kota Railway Station and 10 kms from Kota Bus Stand. The university currently affilates about 129 Engineering Colleges, 04 B.Arch, 41 MCA Colleges, 95 MBA Colleges, 44 M.Tech Colleges and 03 Hotel Management and Catering Institute. More than 2.5 lacs students study in the various institutes affiliated to the University.
Conversion rule from CGPA to Percentage (RTUDAT -2020) – Click here
Official Website: www.rtu.ac.in
For more detail of RTU DAT – Download Previous Year Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.