RTU DAT 2018 – Rajasthan Technical University (RTU), Kota has released notification for admission into Ph.D (Full-time / Part-time) programs in various Engineering / MCA / MBA Departments and the recognized research centres. Admission in Ph.D will be on the basis of Doctoral Admission Test (DAT) You will get all the necessary details regarding RTU DAT 2018 from the page below.
RTU Doctoral Admission Test (DAT) 2018
Candidates can apply online from the official website www.rtu.ac.in as per schedule mention below. Admission in various Ph.D courses such as Engineering / MCA / MBA courses will be made on the basis of Admission Test result and Interview.
Schedule for RTU DAT 2018 is given below.
|Commencement of online application form filling||15 Jun 2018|
|Last date of online application||13 Jul 2018|
|Display of list of eligible candidates||18 Jul 2018|
|Written Test (RTU DAT 20189)||21 – 22 Jul 2018|
|Declaration of written test result||26 Jul 2018|
|Document verification and interview of the qualified candidates in written test||28 Jul 2018|
|Declaration of selected candidates for PhD admission||31 Jul 2018|
The applicants can apply online through the RTU DAT 2018 website by accessing link www.rtu.ac.in. A direct link for applying online is also provided below. Before applying, candidates must ensure the eligibility criteria carefully.
Apply Online: Click here to register for RTU DAT 2018.
Steps to fill up application form:
- A candidate is required to register online on DAT-2018 website by filling fill following details:-
- Name of the candidate –
- Mother’s Name –
- Father’s name –
- Date of birth –
Mobile no. and submit to register themselves for DAT-2018. A challan no. will be generated which is used for the application form fee payment which a candidate has to keep safe.
- The next step is to pay the application form fees of DAT-2018, which is Rs. 3000/- (non refundable). Fees can be submitted online through Bill desk gateway facility, where a candidate is required to fill the online details of their credit card/debit card/net banking/other online payment gateway details. A candidate is required to pay any other admissible charges as per the requirement of online payment, as applicable. A transaction ID/token no. will be generated for the payment. The online application form will not accept entries without his/her transaction ID.
- In order to fill the online application form the candidate must enter his/her transaction ID/token no. in the appropriate link. Then, the candidate will be allowed to fill the application form with their personal and academic details as per the requirements. In this section of the application from, a candidate is required to fill their:-
- Personal details,
- Address for correspondence,
- Educational qualifications details,
- The hard copy of the filled form (generated online) along with relevant enclosures is required to bring while appearing in person at the time of interview only. No need to send the hard copy of the application form by post to the admission office, RTU Kota.
Eligibility for Full time Research Scholar:
- A candidate possessing the qualifications in appropriate areas and fulfilling the eligibility criteria as prescribed below, shall be eligible for admission to PhD programme in the respective subject
- Master’s degree in the appropriate discipline of any recognized University/Institute or equivalent, with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate (of all the years/ semesters) where marks are awarded or minimum equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) as defined by AICTE/UGC or any other competent body as the case may be.
- A relaxation of 5% or equivalent grade point in the minimum eligibility shall be applicable to the applicant belonging to the categories of SC/ST/OBC (Non Creamy Layer) and Differently abled persons or categories decided by UGC or those who had obtained their Masters Degree prior to 19th September,1991.The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5%to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace marks procedure.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade B in the UGC 7 point scale (or an equivalent grade in point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing M.Phil. degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the PhD Degree in the same Institution in an integrated program. A relaxation of 5% or equivalent grade point in the minimum eligibility shall be allowed to the applicant belonging to the categories of SC/ST/OBC (Non Creamy Layer) and Differently abled persons or categories decided by UGC.
- A person whose M.Phil.Dissertation has been evaluated and viva voce is pending may be admitted to the PhD programme of the same institute, where ever applicable.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to PhD programme.
- Candidates for full time research programme shall preferably be permitted having sponsorship/assistantship/fellowship/any financial support from university/state or national level agency, etc., however, candidates without any financial support as above, shall not be disqualified to take admission to full time PhD programme.
- Candidates are required to fill form Form1(a) and Form1(b) as per his/her applicability
Eligibility for Part-time Research Scholar:
In addition to the educational qualifications the applicant shall prove the following to the satisfaction of the DRC (Departmental Research Committee):
- Permission of the employer in writing to the candidate, to pursue Ph D program me along with his/her regular duties in the organization he/she is employed.
- Availability of all facilities for pursuing research at the candidate’s parent organization / place of work, in the chosen field of research.
- Certificate issued by the employer to allow him/her to fulfill the residential requirement during course work and contact days with supervisor after completion of the course work as notified by University from time to time.
- In addition to the above the local applicant (working and residing within 50 KM radius from the university/research center where he/she is seeking admission) may be relieved from the residential requirement during course work. However, to avail this benefit, applicant must submit a certificate from the employer that he/she shall be allowed to attend the classes of the course work and complete other requirements of Degree while discharging the normal official duties. (Form 2 (d))
- Candidate are required to fill form Form 2 (a) , Form 2 (b) and form 2(c)as per his/her applicability.
In all Ph.D. programmes, the admission shall be granted as per Rajasthan Technical University ordinance and regulations for degree of Doctor of Philosophy and the subsequent modifications thereof. The RTU-DAT – 2018 shall be conducted at premise of RTU, Kota only.
- List of the applicants, eligible for written test will be displayed only on the RTU DAT 2018 website and no individual communication will be made. The applicants are advised to visit regularly on the RTU website for the schedule of RTU-DAT examination and other updated information.
- The written examination for RTU-DAT shall consist of 100 multiple choice questions of two & half hour duration in which set of 50 questions will be based on Research Methodology and another set of 50 questions for Specialization paper. Candidates are required to fill answer on OMR sheet pattern. The syllabus for Research Methodology and Specialization paper are available on the RTU web site.
- The result of written test of the qualified candidates will be displayed on RTU-DAT 2018 website. All the qualified applicants of RTU-DAT examination shall be invited for interview on the notified date. No separate communication in this regard shall be sent to the individual candidate.
- On a notified date the DRC shall interview the invited applicants in the order of merit of RTU-DAT. The DRC shall judge the suitability of the applicant for admission on the basis of applicant’s research aptitude, knowledge of the subject, clear understanding of the proposed research problem, suitability of proposed research methodology, research facilities available and availability of the research supervisor in the proposed research area etc.
- The applicant shall be allotted the supervisor(s) on the basis of area of interest of supervisor, interest area of the applicant and mutual consent of the both. University reserves the right not to fill all the vacant seats in the absence of suitable applicants as decided by the DRC. Merely qualifying the RTU-DAT examination does not entitle the applicant for admission to PhD programme.
- The reservation in Ph.D. programme shall be as per the Rajasthan State Government Reservation Policy. Applicants desirous of taking admission in OBC/SBC category should have certificate of non creamy layer issued as per Government of Rajasthan.
- If any Scholarship/assistantship is available, it will be provided to a full time Ph.D. applicant as per the prevailing RTU norms at the time of admission.
- TA/DA will not be paid to the applicants for appearing in written test/ interview. Stay arrangement will not be provide by university for appearing in the examination/interview.
- University shall have right to run or not to run the Ph.D. programme in any specialization.
- The applicant having any grievance against the question paper may submit the same in writing to the convener, RTU DAT-2018, within one day of the conduct of that examination.
Result & Interview Schedule for RTU DAT 2018 will be uploaded on the official website, after the successful commencement of exam as soon as the result releases a direct link will be provided below to check the same.
For more detail of RTU DAT 2018 – Download Information Brochure.