|Times Group Bennett University Admission 2018||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
Sambalpur University Ph.D entrance test has been conducted on December 19, 2017. Applications were invited online from the intending candidates for Ph.D programme and entrance test under various faculties of the Sambalpur University for the session 2018 (Course work to start from January 2018). Candidates can check all the details like schedule, application form, eligibility, selection procedure from this page given below.
Sambalpur University Ph.D Entrance Test 2018
Schedule for Sambalpur University Ph.D Entrance Test 2018 is given below.
|Commencement of Online Registration||28 Nov 2017|
|Last date of Online Registration||10 Dec 2017
(up to 5:00 PM)
|Last date of submission of hard copy of the application along with other documents||10 Dec 2017
(up to 5:00 PM)
|Downloading of Admit Card from||16 Dec 2017
(From 7:00 PM)
|Day of Entrance Test||19 Dec 2017|
|Downloading of Call Letter for Viva – Voce at Nodal Centre||06 Jan 2017|
The result of Sambalpur University Ph.D entrance test has been declared after the successful conduction of the exam, which was conducted on December 19, 2017. Candidates can able to check the same through the direct link provided below.
Result: Click Here to Check the Result of Sambalpur University Ph.D Entrance Test.
The University introduce online filling up of the application form. The last date of submission of application online is December 10, 2017, till 5:00 PM. Candidates are advised to must ensure their eligibility before going to apply online.
Application Process is now over…!!
Entrance / Processing Fee: The candidate should deposit Rs. 1500/- as entrance/processing fee through State Bank Collect.
Instructions for filling of Online Application form for Ph.D. Programme
- The candidates should read all the details carefully before filling up of form online.
- The candidate should deposit Rs. 1,500/- as processing fee through State Bank Collect.
- The candidate should then register himself/ herself (through appropriate link) by providing the information.
- The candidates can then fill up the form online. After completion of all the fields in the form, the candidates should click the “submit” button. Thereafter a page will open with all the information of the candidate that he/she has filled in. The candidate then has to take a printout of this page and send/submit it to The Chairman, P. G. Council Office, Sambalpur University, Jyoti Vihar, Burla-768019, Dist.- Sambalpur, Odisha along with the following documents. The envelope must be superscribed as “Application for Ph.D. Admission into Course Subject and Index No._____”
A candidate, who has obtained Master’s Degree in any discipline of Sambalpur University or any other University / Institute recognized by this University or such Degree as may be considered equivalent for this purpose by this University with at least 55% (or equivalent grade), shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. Programme. However, candidates belonging to SC/ST/Differently-Abled categories and those who obtained their Master’s Degree prior to September 19, 1991 shall be given a relaxation of 5 % marks at Master’s Degree level. In service candidates have to submit a no-objection certificate from their employers, failing which their application will be rejected.
The examination (objective type) will be held on December 19, 2017 (Tuesday) at Sambalpur University campus, Jyoti Vihar. The subjects offered for the current session along with the number of vacant seats are as follows: (Vacancy position will be decided by the Nodal Centres later on)
Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Computer Science & Engineering, Economics, Electrical Engineering, English, Environmental Science, Geology & Earth Science, History, Home Science, Law, Life Science, Library & Information Science, Management, Mathematics, Odia, Physics, Political Science, Sociology, Statistics.
Exemption from Entrance Test
The following categories of candidates shall be exempted from appearing for the Written Test.
- Candidates who have qualified in UGC/CSIR (NET), GATE and such examination conducted by ICAR, ICMR and other National Bodies.
However, candidates qualifying in UGC/CSIR NET JRF/GATE (All Subjects) / INSPIRE / RGNF or any other similar fellowship at all India level for Ph.D. programme shall be admitted directly on application in plain paper with requisite processing fee at any time of the year specifying the research interest & area and from among them those not exempted from course work shall take course work in the subsequent year.
- Teachers who have a minimum of five years of teaching experience in the +3 Degree Colleges/P.G. Level at the University.
- Those who have a minimum of five years of continuous professional experience relating to subject concerned in a managerial cadre / scientist not below a rank of College Teacher.
- Candidates having M. Phil./M.Tech. Degree of Sambalpur University or from other University/Institute recognized by this University provided that their admission in M. Phil./M. Tech. programme has been through an entrance examination.
- Candidate who has successfully passed the 1st-semester course of M.Phil. programme under revised UGC regulation 2016 with a minimum of 6.5 OGPA or 60% in aggregate.
Candidates, not exempted, have to appear at the written test on 31 Dec 2016 (Saturday) and must secure a minimum of 50% marks in the test, to be eligible for appearing at the Viva-Voce test at the Nodal centre for the subject (5% relaxation in case of SC/ST)
Exemption from Course Work
The following categories of candidates shall be exempted from Pre Ph.D. course work.
- Candidates who have passed M.Phil. / M.Tech. in the subject of Ph.D. programme from this University or from other University / Institute recognized by this University and the admission at the M.Phil. / M.Tech. Programme has been through an entrance examination and course work has been prescribed.
- A candidate who has successfully passed the 1st-semester course of M.Phil. Programme in the same subject under revised UGC regulation 2016 with a minimum of 6.5 OGPA or 60% in aggregate from this University or from other University/Institute recognized by this University.
Admit card for Sambalpur University Ph.D Entrance Test 2018 will be available for download on Decembere 16, 2017, Which will be conducted on December 19, 2017. Candidates can download the same by entering the required details through the direct link provided below.
- The final merit list of the successful candidates shall be prepared by the Nodal Centre by assigning weightage of 80 marks on past academic career and 20 marks on viva-voce performance. At the time of viva-voce the candidates are expected discuss their research Interest / area which must be recorded.
- For qualifying, a candidate need to secure at least 10 marks in the Viva voce Test.
- The decision of the University authority shall be final and binding in the Interpretation of application and regulation for Ph.D programme of Sambalpur University.