Sambalpur University Ph.D Entrance Test 2020 – Sambalpur University has released the written test result for Ph.D programme admission under various Ph.D faculties for the session 2020. The result has released online at suniv.ac.in. Admission shall be carried out in two stages one is an entrance test followed by a viva voce. Candidates can check all the details regarding Sambalpur University Ph.D Entrance Test 2020 like schedule, application form, eligibility, selection procedure from this page.
– Sambalpur University has released the notification for admission to Ph.D in vacancy position for ST/SC and UR Category after 1st round completion. Check more details below.
– The written test result for Ph.D admission has been released. Scroll down to check it.
Sambalpur University Ph.D Entrance Test 2020
Candidates need to Register themselves before before the last date in order to take admission into PhD course in Sambalpur University. Candidates need to follow the schedule very carefully, so that they do not miss the important dates related to admission into Sabalpur University. The complete is given in the table below.
Schedule for Sambalpur University Ph.D Entrance Test 2020 is given below.
|Online Registration||11 Nov 2020|
|Last date of Online Registration||02 Dec 2020|
|Last date of submission of |
hard copy of the application along
|04 Dec 2020|
|Downloading of Admit Card||10 Dec 2020 after 05:00 PM|
|Day of Entrance Test||14 Dec 2020|
|Result Published||15 Dec 2020|
|Date of Viva Voce for Both Exempted and Non Exempted||18 Dec 2020|
|Final Result||21 Dec 2020|
Sambalpur University Ph.D Vacancy Position Notification
Click here to download the notification.
Written Test Result
The result of Sambalpur University Ph.D entrance test has declared after the successful conduction of the written exam. Candidates can check the result from official website or through the direct link which is provided below. The result specifies whether the candidate has cleared the exam or not. The result is released online only and no hard copy will be sent to any of the candidates.
Result: Click here to check the written test result for Ph.D admission.
Exemption from Entrance Test
The below list included names of candidates who are exempted from the written test for Ph.D admission. But these candidates are eligible for Viva-Voce Test.
- Click here to check the list of candidates exempted from the written test for Ph.D admission, Dated on December 16, 2020.
- Click here to check the list of candidates exempted from the written test for Ph.D admission, Dated on December 15, 2020
The following categories of candidates shall be exempted from appearing for the Written Test.
- Candidates who have qualified in UGC/CSIR (NET), GATE and such examination conducted by ICAR, ICMR and other National Bodies.
- However, candidates qualifying in UGC/CSIR NET JRF/GATE (All Subjects) / INSPIRE / RGNF or any other similar fellowship at all India level for Ph.D. programme shall be admitted directly on application in plain paper with requisite processing fee at any time of the year specifying the research interest & area and from among them those not exempted from course work shall take course work in the subsequent year.
- Candidates having M. Phil./M.Tech./M.E. Degree of Sambalpur University or from other University/Institute recognized by Sambalpur University provided that their admission in M. Phil./M. Tech/ M.E. programme has been through an entrance examination and they have undertaken course work as has been prescribed in the regulation with Research Methodology as a paper.
- Candidate who has successfully passed the 1st-semester course of M.Phil. programme of Sambalpur University with Research methodology as a paper with a minimum of 6.5 0GPA or 60% marks in aggregate provided that the candidate concerned should have cleared M. Phil. Programme at the time of registration to Ph.D. Programme.
Candidates, not exempted, have to appear at the written test and must secure a minimum of 50% marks in the test, to be eligible for appearing at the Viva-Voce test at the Nodal centre for the subject.
The University introduce online filling up of the application form, also candidate can able to register from the official website (suniv.ac.in). The application form should be filled before the last date for consideration. Candidates are advised to must ensure their eligibility before going to apply online.
Apply Online: Click here to fill the Application form for Sambalpur University Ph.D Entrance Test 2020.
Entrance / Processing Fee: The candidate should deposit Rs. 1500/- as entrance/processing fee through State Bank Collect.
The candidates must possess the required eligibility in order to be able to apply. The complete eligiblity criteria is given below as follows.
- A candidate, who has obtained Master’s Degree in any discipline of Sambalpur University or any other University / Institute recognized by this University or such Degree as may be considered equivalent for this purpose by this University with at least 55% (or equivalent grade), shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. Programme.
- However, candidates belonging to SC/ST/Differently-Abled categories and those who obtained their Master’s Degree prior to September 19, 1991 shall be given a relaxation of 5 % marks at Master’s Degree level.
- In service candidates have to submit a no-objection certificate from their employers, failing which their application will be rejected.
Admit card for Sambalpur University Ph.D Entrance Test 2020 will be available for download on the official website, for which exam will be conducted. Admit Card is a very important document, which the candidate need to protect till the end of examination. As without Admit Card candidate will not be able to give the examination. Candidates can download the same by entering the required details.
Exemption from Course Work
The following categories of candidates shall be exempted from Pre Ph.D. course work.
- Candidates who have passed M.Phil. / M.Tech. / M.E. in the subject of Ph.D. programme from this University or from other University / Institute recognized by this University / UGC with Research Methodology as a paper and the admission at the M.Phil/ M.Tech/ M.E. Programme has been through an Entrance Examination and course work has been prescribed.
- A candidate who has successfully passed the 1st-semester course of M.Phil. Programme in the same subject under revised UGC regulation 2016 with a minimum of 6.5 OGPA or 60% of marks in aggregate from this University or from other University/Institute recognized by this University / Government of India with Research Methodology as a paper.
- The final merit list of the successful candidates shall be prepared by the Nodal Centre by assigning a weightage of 80 marks on a past academic career and 20 marks on viva-voce performance. At the time of viva-voce, the candidates are expected to discuss their research Interest/area which must be recorded.
- For qualifying, a candidate needs to secure at least 10 marks in the Viva-voce Test.
- The decision of the University authority shall be final and binding in the Interpretation of application and regulation for PhD programme of Sambalpur University.
Official Website: suniv.ac.in
For more information regarding Sambalpur University Ph.D Entrance Test 2020, candidates can – Download Notification.Sambalpur University Admission
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.