SASTRA University releases a notification from eligible candidates to admission in B.Tech course for the academic year 2019-20. Admissions to all programmes are strictly based on merit. Admission to the B.Tech./5 year Integrated M.Tech. programme will be conducted under two streams. All the applicants will be eligible for both the stream and need not submit two separate application form. This application form will be considered for both streams.
Stream 1 (based on JEE(Main) 2019 and +2 Marks) for 70% of seats
Stream 2 (based on +2 marks) for 30% of seats
SASTRA University B.Tech Admission 2019
Candidates seeking admission in B.Tech courses will be required to fill the application from the official website www.sastra.edu.. Candidates can check all the details related to SASTRA University B.Tech Admission 2019 like eligibility, application process, counselling and other details through this page below.
|Issue of Application forms for all programmes||12 Apr 2019|
|Last date for submitting filled applications forms||1st week of Jun 2019|
|Release of Rank List||1st week of Jun 2019|
|Counselling for Admission||2nd/3rd week of Jun 2019|
|Commencement of classes||1st/2nd week of Jul 2019.|
- A pass in the +2 examination with Mathematics & Physics as compulsory subjects with either Chemistry/BioTechnology/Computer Science/Biology and recognized by any State Board /Central Board or any other accepted by SASTRA as equivalent to 10+2 examination, with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in Maths, Physics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Computer Science / Biology, obtained in a single sitting.
- Students with Diploma in Engineering/Technology are eligible for direct admission to the second year of the relevant B. Tech Programme.
- The candidate should not have completed 19 years as on July 01, 2019 (21 years for Lateral Entry).
Application Form for admission in B.Tech at SASTRA University will be released for the academic year 2019-20 from April 12, 2019, at www.sastra.edu. Candidates will require to apply online to fill the offline application form by visiting the official website. Application form can also be collected in person from the Office of Admissions at SASTRA Deemed University campus in Thanjavur or Kumbakonam. Applications fee is Rs.600/- Candidates must check the eligibility before filling the application form. Candidates have to submit the application form on or before its last date.
Application Fee: Applications can be sent by post on receipt of DD for Rs.650/- favouring SASTRA payable at Thanjavur. DD must be sent to Office of Admissions, SASTRA Deemed University, Thanjavur – 613 401, Tamil Nadu.
Online submission of application is also possible at www.sastra.edu.
Admission to the B.Tech. / 5-year Integrated M.Tech. programmes will be conducted under two streams. All the applicants will be eligible for both the stream and need not submit two separate application form. This application form will be considered for both the streams
- Stream 1 (based on JEE(Main) 2018 and +2 Marks) for 70% of seats
- Stream 2 (based on +2 marks) for 30% of seats
Stream 1 (based on JEE(Main) 2018 and +2 Marks) for 70% of seats
Applicants under Stream 1 will be admitted to 70% of the seats based on JEE (Main) 2019 scores and normalized +2 marks. The weightage for JEE Main scores and +2 marks will be 25% & 75% respectively. The aggregate JEE Main score and normalized +2 aggregate will be taken together as per the weightage and applicants will be ranked based on the resultant combined score.
For example: If a student secures a JEE Mains Score of 90 and normalized +2 aggregate is 95%, the combined score of the student will be (0.25*90) + (0.75*95) = 93.75 (22.5+71.25).
The combined score of all students will be used to determine the SASTRA Rank and admission will be based on the SASTRA Rank secured.
Stream 2 (based on +2 marks) for 30% of seats
Applicants under Stream 2 will be admitted based on their normalized aggregate +2 or its equivalent marks. This is for 30% of the total seats. To bring all candidates from different examining authorities/ boards in the same scale of comparison and to create a list in the order of merit, the +2 or its equivalent aggregate marks will be normalized. A first rank student of each board is considered to have obtained 100% mark and aggregate mark of all other students of the board is normalized with reference to that of the first rank student.
For example, if the first rank is 97% and an applicant’s aggregate is 90% then the applicant’s normalized percentage is 92.78 (90/97×100). A merit list is drawn based on the normalized percentage for making admissions for the 30% of the total seats.
- Applicants are allowed to attend counselling for stream 2 even if they are admitted under Stream 1 and can change branch, if they wish to.
- Applicants are advised to submit the application with results of +2 and JEE (Main) 2019 along with relevant photocopies. JEE (Main) 2019 details is mandatory (if appeared) for those who are applying under Stream 1.
- The applicant is advised to enter both +2 & JEE (Main) 2019 details in his/her own interest as they can attend both counselling using the same application form.
- If an applicant has not appeared for JEE (Main) 2019, for Stream 1, the weighted score for the 25% will be 0 but the +2 aggregate will be given 75% weightage to arrive at the combined score.
- However, for Stream 2, the weightage for +2 marks will be 100%. This way, an applicant will be considered in Stream 1 & Stream 2 by default.
Rank list for SASTRA University Admission 2019 will be released on the official website, Candidates can check the same from the official website i.e., www.sastra.edu or the direct link that will be provided here. Based on the results, students will be called for counseling and will be individually intimated on the date and time of counselling.
|Name of the Programme||Tuition Fee per Semester Rs||Sports and Unit Test fee per annum Rs.||Development fees (one-time payment) Rs.||Special fees, Registration fees, Medical Exam fees, etc. at the time of admission only (One time payment) Rs|
|B.Tech / M.Tech (Integrated)||65,000/-
(5% annual increase from II year)
Hostel Fees: Annual Rent : Rs. 8,000/-
Official Website: www.sastra.edu.