Sri Balaji Society Pune PGDM Admissions 2018 – The selection process for admission to the following management institutes of Sri Balaji Society, which offer Two Year Full-Time Post Graduate Diploma in Management will be conducted centrally, in various centres. These Management Institutes are as under :-
- Balaji Institute of Modern Management (BIMM)
- Balaji Institute of Telecom & Management (BITM)
- Balaji Institute of International Business (BIIB)
- Balaji Institute of Management & HRD (BIMHRD)
Schedule for the Sri Balaji Society Pune PGDM Admission 2018 is given below.
|Application form is available from||08 Oct 2017|
|Centre Wise Last Date to submit filled
|28 Jan 2018|
|Course Commencement||08 June 2018|
Student can apply to any one or all the courses of any one institute or all the courses of all the four Institutes of Sri Balaji Society, Pune according to his/her order of preference of the course(s). The application form has appropriate columns and the students should carefully fill up the same, so that, a student can get maximum opportunity to get admitted to any of the courses of Sri Balaji Society, Pune. Please note that, all the courses of Sri Balaji Society, Pune are approved by AICTE and all the vacancies put together in all the four management institutes have 1020 vacancies. There is two mode of application form to apply for admission in PGDM Courses.
How to Apply
Application form for the program(s) of choice can be obtained in the below-mentioned ways.
- Apply Online: available from 16 September 2017
- Downloadable: Application Form will be available as per the schedule and submit the same with a Demand Draft of Rs.1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) in favour of ‘President, Sri Balaji Society, Pune’ payable at Pune. Write the name & address of the applicant on the reverse side of Demand Draft.
- Application Forms can be obtained from the office for Rs.1000/- by hand.
- Students can also obtain the Application Form from the office by sending a Demand Draft of Rs.1000/- payable at Pune in favour of ‘President, Sri Balaji Society, Pune’ with full name & postal address on the reverse side of the DD.
All the requests for Application Form and all the inquiries related to admission should be directed to the under mentioned address:-
Prof. Biju G. Pillai
Director-IT & Professor In-Charge Admissions
Sri Balaji Society, Pune
Tathawade, Pune 411033
Tel.: +91 20 6674 1222, 3063 1222
www.bimmpune.com , www.bitmpune.com
www.biibpune.com , www.bimhrdpune.com
- Candidates should have a minimum of 50% marks in graduation from any statutory University (45% for reserved category).
- In case of PGDM (Executive Batch), candidate should have 2-3 years of industrial work experience as a full time employee in the field of Sales, Marketing, Human Resource, Finance, Operations, Systems and related areas of management in the industry is eligible. These applicants should submit the industry experience certificate signed by the Director(HR) or any other authorised signatory of the Company / Companies and copies of their Appointment Letters along with the application form. There will be no difference in the course curriculum for this batch and they will receive the same inputs as applicable to the PGDM Programs except for the fact that they can expect lateral placements with higher compensation packages. Those having lesser number of industrial experiences also get different and upgraded placements depending upon their corporate experience though they may not be admitted to the Executive Batch, but to the other courses.
- Relevant work experience means full time employment in any company and not in the family business. It also means working on full-time basis on the specialization departments in the company such as Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, IT, Operations and so on. Only such candidates can expect differential compensations based on work experience. However the selection committee can look into all the other type of work experiences and consider award of marks.
- Candidates appearing for any final year Degree examination up to June 2018 can also apply. However, if they fail to match the above qualitative requirement when the result is declared for the graduation examination, they will be relieved from the course compulsorily. Same will be the case with respect to those who fail in their degree examination, which means a candidate should qualify his/her graduation examination with a minimum of 50% marks latest by the academic year 2017-18. The mark sheets should be submitted to the Institute latest by 01 October 2018.
- Medical Fitness should be as explained in this Prospectus/Offer Letter.
- Should be willing to comply with the Rules and Regulations of the Sri Balaji Society, Pune as explained in the website.
Admit Card / Hall Ticket
Admit Card issued to any centre is valid for all the centres and candidates can appear before the selection committee in any centre provided they have informed about their intention to appear before a selection centre other than the one mentioned in the admit card well in advance. No separate communication for change of centre will be communicated by us. The candidates are required to come with all their original and certified copies of degrees and mark sheets when they come for the selection process.
The admission list will be declared in the web site and also communicated through E Mail. Selected students will be required to remit the first installment of Rs. 55,000/- (Rupees Fifty Five Thousand only) within 10 days from the date of declaration of the admission list as above to confirm their admission. In case the selected candidate fail to remit the fee in time it will be assumed that the candidate is not interested in the admission and the vacancy will be released to the candidate in the waiting list.
Submission of CAT/ MAT/ XAT/C-MAT/ MAH-CET Result/ Score
Candidates should submit the application form with the photostat copy of CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ C-MAT/ MAH-CET scores which will be verified during Personal Interview. The latest MAT score which is available with the candidates can be submitted. It may be noted that we are not going to do our short listing based on the CAT/ MAT /XAT /C-MAT / MAH-CET score alone, although weightage is allotted for the same.
On completion of interviews, we compare the performance of all candidates appearing for the interview and generate a final merit list based on their overall performance. The candidate is considered for the course which he has preferred according to the priority mentioned by him / her in the application form. Incase, he / she is not selected to the course applied by him / her, then he / she will be considered for other courses and selected on merit. It may be noted that, all the Management courses are of the same status and the inputs are also similar according to specilisation. As we have already mentioned the placement opportunities for all the courses are very good as has been proved by the track record of Sri Balaji Society.
It means that each institution is important and enjoys equal status and attention from the top management. We select the best possible candidates for all the Institutes from amongst the common pool of all the candidates applied for admission to any or all the institutes of Sri Balaji Society, Pune; although such a consideration arises only when a candidate is not selected for admission to the particular institute to which he or she may have applied originally. By doing so, we are in no way taking away any opportunity from anyone but are providing an additional opportunity to get selected in any of the prestigious institutes of Sri Balaji Society, Pune.
This is done subject to the following conditions: –
- That they are eligible for the same. To become eligible, they should have opted for the institute(s)/ course(s) (one can opt for either one institute/ course(s) or for all the institutes/ all the courses as per his/ her order of preference as marked in the application form) for us to consider them.
- That vacancy exists in those Institute(s) for such a consideration.
- That they come up in the merit of scope of those institutes / courses.
- Changes in Government policies where applicable
We accept CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/MAH-CET scores. However, as CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/MAH-CET scores are issued to the students, any student who has appeared for the CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/MAH-CET examinations can apply for our courses with the CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/MAH-CET scores. Thus, all the four Management institutes will accept CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/MAH-CET scores. However, the XAT, MAT, CMAT, MAH-CET and scores will be equalized and validated to the CAT score value and that will only be counted for the purpose of merit list. It is not necessary that these scores should be attached to the Application form at this stage. These scores sheets can be dispatched so as to reach us latest by 28th May 2017. Anyone having any objection to the same, need not to apply. We do not believe in any cut-off points as we give only 30% of the weightage for the entrance examination, while making the merit list.
Candidates who fulfill the qualitative requirements will be called for the Group Discussions by experts . This will be for a duration of 30-45 minutes per group. This may include role play, case studies and extempore speech and GD. 40% of the weightage in the merit list will be given to the GD process. Therefore the GD process may extend to the second day although all efforts will be made to complete the process in one day. This is an elimination round.
Essay Writing as Integral part of Interview Process. Written Communication Skill is very important for any one to succeed in the industry. Therefore, the applicants will be required to appear for an essay writing exercise on a subject, which will be given on the spot in the selection centres. This will be for 30 marks and fifty percent of the marks will be counted . This essay writing will be for half an hour. The topics will be general in nature and any one who follows the National Newspapers can easily appear for the same and score good marks.
This expert panel interview and the essay marks will carry 30% of the weightage . This panel will assess the candidates on various parameters including the suitability of the candidate for a particular specialisation. The panel will also give opportunity to the applicants to add or delete course options.
|Center Code||Center City|
|23||Pune (Round 1)|
|31||Pune (Round 2)|
Documents To be submitted during the Interview
- Attested true copies of all Mark-Sheets and Certificates of 10th std., 12th Std., and Graduation.Incase of those who are still in final year of the degree course they should submit mark sheet of the previous years.
- Work-Experience Certificate. (If applicable).
- Certificates related to Extra-Curricular Activities (If applicable).
- Copy of Caste Certificate in case of SC/ST candidates.
If you have any queries please ask in the comments below