SCERT Odisha M.Ed Syllabus – Directorate of Teacher Education and SCERT, Odisha exam conduction body releases the SCERT Odisha M.Ed Syllabus on the official website. Candidates can get here M.Ed Syllabus for the preparation of Entrance Exam for admission into SCERT Odisha M.Ed. Along with the SCERT Odisha M.Ed Syllabus, candidates can also go through the exam pattern for better preparation for their entrance exam and score maximum marks.
SCERT Odisha M.Ed Syllabus – Download PDF
The test shall consist of 90 marks with 90 questions on the subjects covered at the level of Bachelor Degree in Education. Each question shall carry one (01) mark and shall be of multiple choice type. ß The duration of the test is 1 hour 30 minute (90 minutes).
|Basics of Education||18||18|
|Understanding the learner & learning process||18||18|
|Curriculum and curriculum transaction||18||18|
|Contemporary issues in school Education||18||18|
|Assessing the learner; Planning and management of school||18||18|
Basics of Education
- Understanding Education: Education as a process, Aims of Education, Ideas of Educational thinkers (Gandhi, Tagore, Dewey, Rousseau).
- Education in socio-cultural context of India: Role of education in social control & social charge. Education as an instrument for promoting national integration, Education for Democracy & Education for Globalization.
- Education for National Development: Education and national development, Education as an investment for Human Resource and Economic development.
- Education Policy imperatives: Constitutional provisions, NPE(1986,1992), RCFTE 2009, NCF-2005.
Understanding the learner & learning process
- Understanding the child & Adolescent: Developmental tasks and role of teacher.
- Understanding differences between learners: Areas of differences, factors affecting differences. Understanding differently-abled learners.
- Methods of studying learner behavior- Test, Observation, Case study
- Understanding learning process:- Relevance and applicability of theoretical, Perspectives of learning – Skinner, Piaget, Vygotsky.
- Understanding higher mental processes of learning: Intelligence -Measurement of Intelligence, Creativity: Characteristics & process, Role of teacher in promoting creativity.
- Organizing learning – Paradigms for organizing learning, modes of learning, Organizing learning in heterogeneous classrooms.
Curriculum and curriculum transaction
- Curriculum: Concept, types, bases of curriculum, principles & process of curriculum development.
- Understanding teaching: Major shift in teacher education as per NCF-2005,
- Teaching as a profession, professional ethics & accountability of teacher,
- Phases of teaching: Pre-active, interactive & post-active phase, teacher activities in different phases.
Contemporary issues in school Education
- Equality & Equity in Education: Nature & forms of inequalities, inclusive education, provision for addressing inequalities – SSA, RTE Act, RMSA.
- Quality in Education: Strategies for enhancement of quality in School Education, Functions of NCERT, NCTE, NUEPA, for quality improvement. Role of teacher for quality education.
- Education for conservation of Environment: Protection and conservation of environment. Strategies for sensitizing learners towards protection of environment and its conservation.
Assessing the learner; Planning and management of school
- Learning Assessment: CCE, Assessment of learning, Assessment for learning, Assessment as learning – its tool & techniques.
- Test construction: Characteristics of a good test.
- Statistics: Measures of variability, Correlation, Standard scores – Z score, T-score, percentile.
- School Development plan & management, management of material, financial and human resources.
- Monitoring and Action Research: Mechanism of monitoring, conducting, reporting action research & follow up.
- Classroom Management: Components of classroom environment and its management, types of learning resources in the classroom and their management.
Candidates can view/download the syllabus of SCERT Odisha M.Ed Syllabus from here.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.