SCERT Odisha M.Phil Syllabus – Directorate of Teacher Education and SCERT, Odisha exam conduction body releases the SCERT Odisha M.Phil Syllabus on the official website. Candidates can get here M.Phil Syllabus for the preparation of Entrance Exam for admission into SCERT Odisha M.Phil. Along with the SCERT Odisha M.Phil Syllabus, candidates can also go through the exam pattern to get the better idea of structure, marking scheme and important topics for the exam.
SCERT Odisha M.Phil Syllabus – Download PDF
The Entrance Test consists of 90 questions with 90 marks on the subjects covered at the level of Master’s Degree in Education. Each question shall carry one (01) mark and shall be of multiple choice types. ß The duration of the test is 1 hour 30 minute (90 minutes).
|Education as a discipline and Process of Education||18||18|
|Learner and Learning Process||18||18|
|Educational Research ,Statistics and Assessment||18||18|
|Teacher Education at Elementary and Secondary Level||18||18|
|Education in Developmental Perspective||18||18|
Education as a discipline and Process of Education
- Bases of Education and aims of Education. Basic tenets of different schools of Philosophy including Indian philosophical traditions and their implications for education.
- Contemporary Indian society with its linguistic and cultural diversity, Globalization, and Liberalization. Education for socialization and acculturation. Issues of equity and equality in educational opportunities. Role of education in meeting challenges of disadvantaged learners.
- Pedagogy Processes, Shifts in pedagogy. Forms of understanding. Critical pedagogy
- Approaches and principles for developing curriculum, Curriculum transaction at different stages.
- Role expectations from teachers. Professional characteristics of teachers and teacher educators. Role of teacher educators in preparation of quality teachers. Professional ethics.
Learner and Learning Process
- Issues of transmission and construction of learning experiences. Learner and Learning-centered approaches,
- Stages of development and factors influencing development. Differential learning needs and mechanisms of addressing the learner differences. Needs and problems of adolescents
- School readiness, basic conditions of learning. Cognition and learning. Learning as construction of knowledge – views of Piaget, Bruner, and Vygotsky. Forms of learner’s engagement in knowledge construction.
- Learning for holistic development of personality, Lifelong learning, reflective learning, individualized and group learning, learning through electronic media.
- Diversity in learning contexts and learning styles. Inclusive environment in the classroom. Continuous and comprehensive assessment of learning.
Educational Research, Statistics and Assessment
- Types and paradigm of research in Education. Planning research study, Preparation of research proposal.
- Designs of Experimental research. Internal and external validity of research, sampling, tools of research, Preparation of research report.
- Qualitative and Quantitative Data Analysis, Descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Concepts of Assessment, Evaluation. Types of assessment. Learning and Assessment. Different types of test items. Reliability and Validity of test scores
- Continuous and comprehensive assessment. RTE Act and CCA. Social, legal and ethical implications of educational testing, assessment and evaluation. Programme evaluation in Education-baseline, midterm and terminal evaluation.
Teacher Education at Elementary and Secondary Level
- Teacher education in ancient and medieval period in India. TE during Post-Independence Period with reference to the recommendations of Secondary Education Commission, the Education Commission (1964-66), and NPE 1986/92. Existing TE scenario in India and emerging challenges.
- Pre-school TE programme, Existing system of Elementary TE, Systemic changes in elementary TE with reference to NCF 2005 and NCFTE 2009.Strategies for developing professionalism and professional ethics among elementary teacher educators.
- Challenges of Universalization of Secondary Education in India. Structure and process of secondary TE in India. Systemic reforms in secondary TE programme with reference to NCF 2005 and NCFTE 2009. RMSA- objectives and approaches.
- Planning and organization of In-service Education of teachers (INSET). Modes of INSET. Strategies for professional development of teachers. Centrally Sponsored Schemes for Strengthening TE through DIETs, CTEs, IASEs. Roles of NCERT, NCTE, NUEPA, UGC, SCERT.
- Methods and techniques of pre-service curriculum transaction. School experience programme. CCA in teacher education programme – internal, external and portfolio assessment. Assessment of teaching proficiency and school experience programme.
Education in Developmental Perspective
- Concepts and principles of development. Theories of development – Freud and Ericson’s theories, Piaget and Vygotsky’s theories of cognitive development, Kohlberg’s theory of moral development Theories of intelligence and multiple intelligence, dimensions of personality development.
- Social identity and individual, social conformity; Education for social development, Coping with social conflicts.
- Inter-relationship between adjustment and mental health. Factors responsible for sound mental health and adjustment, Strategies for coping with stress. Frustration, conflict, and anxiety.
- Group dynamics- meaning, types and importance. Group dynamics in classroom. Managing violence and conflict among groups and strategies for conflict resolution.
- Linkage between education and development. Education as a sub-sector of national development. Individual potential and national development. Education and human resource development. Implications of NPE1986/92 for developing human resource.
Candidates can view/download the syllabus of SCERT Odisha M.Phil Syllabus from here.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.