SCTIMST Admission Jan 2022: SCTIMST has been released the admission notification for SCTIMST Admission Jan 2022. Interested applicants can fill the form in online mode only. Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology (SCTIMST), Trivandrum offers admission into various courses like Post Doctoral Fellowship, PhD, Specialty Nursing Diploma courses, PG Diploma/Diploma courses. Admission to the Diploma, PG Diploma, PhD programs courses is done through the entrance exam followed by the Interview. Get SCTIMST Admission Jan 2022 information for all the programs on this page below.
– SCTIMST has released the Ph.D application form for 2022 session. Click here to apply.
– SCTIMST has been released the admission notification for SCTIMST Admission Jan 2022. Check here
– SCTIMST has been started the application form (except for PDF program) from October 01, 2021. Click here to apply.
SCTIMST Admission and Entrance Exam 2022
Candidates seeking admission in said courses have to apply online from the official website. A direct link is provided on this page for the same. Below we have mentioned the schedule of the SCTIMST Admission 2022 Jan Session.
For Jan 2022 Session
|Availability of online Application|
(Except for MD/DM/MCh
|01 to 30 Oct 2021|
|Availability of online application for Ph.D||09 Oct 2021|
|Availability of online Application for PDFs||16 Oct to 15 Nov 2021|
|Downloading admit cards||ten days before the exam|
|Entrance Exam for Diploma, PG Diploma, PhD|
|08 to 18 Nov 2021|
|Date of interview for Diploma, PG Diploma, PhD|
|08 to 18 Nov 2021|
|Date of Interview for PostDM/MCh/DNB||14 to 22 Dec 2021|
|Release of results||to be announced|
|Commencement of programs||01 Jan 2022|
|Director’s welcome address||10 Jan 2022|
Application Form for SCTIMST Admission and Entrance Exam 2022
Application Form for all the courses releases in the online mode on the official website. The date for submission of the online application form can be checked from the schedule table on this page. Link to fill the same is available on the “application form” page. Candidates who successfully submit the application form are able to download the admit card as per schedule.
Application Fee: Candidates have to pay the form fee which is provided below, using an available online mode of payment.
- Postdoctoral fellowship (PDF) – Rs. 2000 (Rs. 1600 for SC/ST)
- PhD- Rs 1500 (Rs 1200 for SC/ST)
- Diploma/PG Diploma/Advanced certificate courses – Rs 800 (Rs 640 for SC/ST)
Eligibility Criteria for SCTIMST Admission and Entrance Exam 2022
Check the eligibility Criteria for different courses below.
Post Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) (Post DM/MCh/DNB)
- DM/MCh (3 years) or equivalent qualification from MCI recognizedinstitutions.
- Registration with Central/State Medical Council.
- Residents who are in the final year of the program can apply; however they should submit the certificate at the time of joining.
Upper Age Limit: Forty five years (as on 1st January 2022), relaxable by five years for SC/ST Candidates, sponsored candidates and for qualified Ex-service personnel witha service of not less than 5 years.
Method of selection: Short-listing of the application based on the merit of a 500 words short research project proposal and letters of references. Short listed candidates will be called for departmental assessment followed by an interview for final selection.
Post Graduate Program: MD Transfusion Medicine
- MBBS or equivalent degree from a recognized university.
Upper Age Limit: 40 years (as on 1st January 2022), relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST Candidates, sponsored candidates and for qualified Ex-service personnel with a service of not less than 5 years.
Admission Process: The selection of the candidates for the course is by the counseling based on the rank list in the INI-CET conducted by the AIIMS, New Delhi and verification of certificates and other credentials/documents by SCTIMST. For further details on the entrance exam, admission and selection process, please visit the following website: aiimsexams.org
Specialty Nursing Courses
- GNM or B.Sc. Nursing.
- For GNM candidates, one year experience as bedside nurse after passing GNM, as on 31st December, 2021
- Professionally registered as a nurse by any recognized State Nursing Council in India or by Nursing Boards approved by the Indian Nursing Council.
Upper Age Limit: 35 years (as on 1st January 2022), relaxable by 3 years for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ST candidates, Sponsored candidates and for qualified Ex-service personnel with a service of not less than 5 years.
Method of Selection: Selection will be strictly on merit on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in the common entrance examination for Cardiovascular & Thoracic Nursing and Neuro-Nursing held by the Institute. The candidates may indicate their preferred choice of the specialty in the application form. The common entrance examination will be held in the Institute. Based on seat availability, preference and merit obtained in the entrance examination, selection list will be finalized.
PG Diploma / Diploma Programs
- PG Diploma in Cardiac Laboratory Technology- B.Sc. degree of any recognized university in India with Physics as major or ancillary subject with aggregate marks of at least 50%.
- PG Diploma in Neuro Technology (PGDNT)- B.Sc. Physics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Bio-Technology or Computer Science with aggregate marks of atleast 50%.
- PG Diploma in Medical Records Science (PGDMRS)- B.Sc. degree of any recognized university in India with aggregate marks of atleast 50%
- PG Diploma in Clinical Perfusion (PGDCP)- B.Sc. degree in Zoology as main or subsidiary subject of any recognized university in India. An aggregate of at least 50% marks is required.
- PG Diploma in Blood Banking Technology (PGDBT)- B.Sc. in any branch of Biological Science from a recognized university with an aggregate of at least 50% marks in these subjects
- Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology (DOTT)- Diploma in Electronics/Biomedical Engineering/Instrumentation from a recognized institution with a good academic record.
- Diploma in Advanced Medical Imaging Technology (DAMIT)-Certificate in Radiographic Assistance (CRA)/ Diploma in Radiological Technology (DRT) 2 year course or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution with aggregate marks of at least 50%
Upper Age Limit: 25 years (as on 1st January 2022) relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST and sponsored candidates, 3 years for OBC candidates.
- Physical Sciences: Post graduate degree in Physics (All branches)
- Chemical Sciences: Post graduate degree in Chemistry (All branches)
- Biological Sciences: Post graduate degree in any branch of Life Sciences ( Physiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Zoology, etc.) / dentistry. Students with post graduate degrees in Plant sciences, Botany or Bioinformatics need not apply.
- Bioengineering: Post graduate degree in Polymer Engineering/Technology, Material Science, Biomedical Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Biotechnology, Clinical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Biomaterial Science and Technology: MPhil (Biomedical Technology), Post graduate degree in Physics, Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science, Biotechnology or Veterinary Science.
- Health Sciences: Post graduate degree in Modern Medicine, Public Health, Dentistry, Nursing, Veterinary Sciences, Demography, Economics, Sociology, Social Work, Political Science, Business Management (MBA), Public Administration, and Statistics. Other post graduate degrees may be approved by the Academic Committee after examining the merits of the suggestion
Method of selection: The selection of research scholars will be based on the performance in the written test and interview. Individual JRF holders (UGC, CSIR, ICMR and DBT) or MPhil (Biomedical Technology) degree holders of SCTIMST are exempted from written test, and their selection will be on the basis of interview only. Individual KSCSTE JRF, INSPIRE holders have to qualify in the written test and interview of this Institute.
MTech (Clinical Engineering)
BE/BTech recognized four year course; on the basis of GATE subject (AE, CE, CH, EC, EE, IN, ME,MN, MT, PI, TF, XE) and score.
Ph.D. (Biomedical Devices and Technology)
ME/MTech/MS(Engg.) with the same eligibility conditions for IITM Ph.D. entrance/ MSc Physics.
Admit Card for SCTIMST Admission and Entrance Exam 2022
Candidates will be able to download their Hall Ticket / Call Letter ten days prior to the scheduled date for entrance examination from official website sctimst.ac.in. Applicants are advised to bring this card on the day of examination as without it candidate will not be allowed to sit for the exam. The admit card will be available online to the candidates. No admit card will be sent to any candidate via post.
Exam Centres for SCTIMST Admission and Entrance Exam 2022
Course Details for SCTIMST Admission
Post Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) (Post DM/MCh/DNB)
The Institute offers a one-year Post-doctoral Fellowship (PDF) for those who have DM/MCh (3-year) or equivalent qualifications. The PDF provides an excellent opportunity to obtain advanced training in a sub-specialty area. The PDF programs are organized by faculty trained in the concerned sub- specialty area. In addition to obtaining advanced clinical training, PDF provides opportunities to gain hands–on experience in advanced diagnostic and therapeutic techniques and high-quality research. The applicant is encouraged to visit the website (www.sctimst.ac.in) and directly communicate with respective PDF program Supervisors listed below to gather more details about the program and areas of future research during the fellowship period.
Under this MD in Transfusion Medicine, Ph.D. is offered.
The institute offers admission in Diploma in various courses like Diploma in Cardiovascular & Thoracic Nursing, Diploma in Neuro-Nursing, Diploma in Opearation Theatre Technology, Diploma in Advanced Medical IMaging Technology and etc.
Specialities under PG Diploma courses are Cardiac Laboratory Technology,PG Diploma in Clinical Perfusion(PGDCP),PG Diploma in Blood Banking Technology(PGDBT),PG Diploma in Neuro-Technology (PGDNT), PG Diploma in Medical Records Science(PGDMRS) and PG PG Diploma in Advanced Medical Imaging Technology (DAMIT)
The institute offers joint programs in M.Tech in Clinical Engineering and PhD in BIomedical Devices and Technology.
Programs conducted at other centers
A) National Institute of Epidemiology, Chennai
- Master of Public Health (Epidemiology and Health Systems)
B) Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Master of Science (Bioengineering)
- PhD (Bioenineering/Bio Medical Sciences)
- Master of Public Health
C) IITMK, Trivandrum
Ph.D.(Imaging Science & Technology)
D) Indian Institute of Public Health, New Delhi
- Master of Public Health
- Ph.D. (Health Sciences – Full TIme)
Fee Structure for SCTIMST Admission and Entrance Exam 2022
Check the fee Structure for anuary 2022 session below.
Official website: sctimst.ac.in
For more detail of SCTIMST Admission and Entrance Exam 2022, candidates can download
- Information Brochure for Diploma, PG Diploma, PDF, PhD
- Information Brochure for MD Transfusion Medicine
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.