SCTIMST Admission July 2021: SCTIMST has postponed the entrance exam for MPH, DPH and Ph.D courses. SCTIMST application form deadline for July session is extended and candidates can fill the online application form on or before the last date at sctimst.ac.in. Interested applicants can fill the form in online mode only. Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology (SCTIMST), Trivandrum offers admission into various courses like Postdoctoral, Master’s, PG Diploma, Advanced certificate, and other engineering programs. Admission to the MPH and DPH courses is done through the entrance exam followed by the Interview. Get SCTIMST Admission July 2021 information for all the programs on this page below.
– SCTIMST has released the notice to postpone the entrance exam for MPH, DPH and Ph.D courses for July session 2021. Check more details below.
– SCTIMST has extended the application deadline for MPH, DPH and Ph.D courses. Click here to Apply.
SCTIMST Admission and Entrance Exam 2021
Candidates seeking admission in said courses have to apply online from the official website. A direct link is provided on this page for the same. Below we have mentioned the schedule of the SCTIMST Admission 2021 July Session.
For July 2021 Session
|Application Form||15 Mar 2021|
|Last Date to Apply for MPH & DPH||26 Apr 2021 up to 5:00 pm|
|Last Date to Apply for Ph.D||15 May 2021 up to 5:00 pm|
|Downloading admit cards||ten days before exam|
|Entrance Exam for MPH|
|Date of interview for MPH|
|Date of written test and or|
interview for DPH
|Commencement of Courses||01 Jul 2021|
|Date of interview for PhD|
|Registration date for PhD||01 Jul to 31 Dec 2021|
SCTIMST MPH, DPH and Ph.D Entrance Exam 2021 for July Session – Postponed
SCTIMST Admission 2021 July Session Notice
Click here to download the admission notification.
Application Form for SCTIMST Admission and Entrance Exam 2021
Application Form for all the courses releases in the online mode on the official website. The date for submission of the online application form can be checked from the schedule table on this page. Link to fill the same is available on the “application form” page. Candidates who successfully submit the application form are able to download the admit card as per schedule.
Application Fee: Candidates have to pay the form fee which is provided below, using an available online mode of payment.
- MPH- Rs 1000 (Rs 800 for SC/ST)
- DPH- Rs 1000 (Rs 800 for SC/ST)
Eligibility Criteria for SCTIMST Admission and Entrance Exam 2021
Check the eligibility Criteria for different courses below.
Public Health Courses
MPH ( Master Of Public Health)
Medical graduates (MBBS), Dental graduates (BDS), Graduates of AYUSH (BAMS,BNYS,BUMS,BSMS,BHMS), B.Tech or BE (Any Branch) and graduates of four-year degree programs in Veterinary/Nursing sciences, Bachelor of Physiotherapy, Bachelor of Occupational Therapy, Bachelor of Pharmacy, or students with a postgraduate degree in Statistics/Biostatistics, Demography, Population Studies, Nutrition, Sociology, Economics, Psychology, Anthropology, Social Work, Management or Law.” Work experience in a health- related field is desirable.
Upper Age Limit: 40 years as on July 01, 2021.
Diploma In Public Health (DPH)
MBBS doctors working with Government Agencies having at least three years of work experience are considered for the course.
Age Limit: Up to 50 years as on July 01, 2021
Post Doctoral Courses
- DM Cardiology and DM Neurology- MD in General Medicine or Paediatrics from an Indian university.Candidates with MD in Psychiatry from an Indian university recognized by MCI or DNB in Psychiatry with a minimum of six months residency posting in General Medicine during the said course, can also apply for DM Neurology
- DM Neuroimaging & Interventional Neuroradiology and DM Cardiovascular Imaging and Vascular Interventional Radiology- MD in Radiodiagnosis from an Indian university recognized by MCI or Diplomate of the National Board (DNB) in Radiology/Radiodiagnosis or any equivalent degree recognized by MCI.
- DM Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anaesthesia- MD in Anaesthesia or equivalent from an Indian university recognized by MCI or Diplomate of the National Board (DNB) in Anaesthesia or any equivalent degree recognized by MCI.
- DM Neuroanaesthesia- MD in Anaesthesia or equivalent from an Indian university
- MCh. Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery, Vascular surgery, Neurosurgery – MS in General Surgery from an Indian university recognized by MC.
- MCh. Neurosurgery (5-year course)- MBBS from an Indian university recognized by MCI.
Post-doctoral Certificate Courses: Cardiothoracic & Vascular Anaesthesia, Neuroanaesthesia, Diagnostic Neuroradiology, Vascular Surgery
MD/MS Degree in Anaesthesia/Radiology/General Surgery, from an Indian university recognized by MCI or DNB in Anaesthesia/Radiology/General Surgery or any equivalent degree recognized by MCI.
Post Graduate Program: MD Transfusion Medicine
MBBS or equivalent degree from a recognized university.
Upper Age Limit-
40 years (as on 1st January 2021), relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST Candidates, sponsored candidates and for qualified Ex-service personnel with a service of not less than 5 years.
Specialty Nursing Courses
- GNM or B.Sc. Nursing.
- For GNM candidates, one year experience as bedside nurse after passing GNM, as on 31st December, 2021
- Professionally registered as a nurse by any recognized State Nursing Council in India or by Nursing Boards approved by the Indian Nursing Council.
Upper Age Limit
35 years (as on 1st January 2021), relaxable by 3 years for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ST candidates, Sponsored candidates and for qualified Ex-service personnel with a service of not less than 5 years.
PG Diploma / Diploma Programs
- PG Diploma in Cardiac Laboratory Technology- B.Sc. degree of any recognized university in India with Physics as major or ancillary subject with aggregate marks of at least 60%.
- PG Diploma in Neuro Technology (PGDNT)- B.Sc. Physics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Bio-Technology or Computer Science with aggregate marks of atleast 60%.
- PG Diploma in Medical Records Science (PGDMRS)- B.Sc. degree of any recognized university in India with aggregate marks of atleast 60%
- PG Diploma in Clinical Perfusion (PGDCP)- B.Sc. degree in Zoology as main or subsidiary subject of any recognized university in India. An aggregate of at least 60% marks is required.
- PG Diploma in Blood Banking Technology (PGDBT)- B.Sc. in any branch of Biological Science from a recognized university with an aggregate of at least 60% marks in these subjects
- Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology (DOTT)- Diploma in Electronics/Biomedical Engineering/Instrumentation from a recognized institution with a good academic record.
- Diploma in Advanced Medical Imaging Technology (DAMIT)-Certificate in Radiographic Assistance (CRA)/ Diploma in Radiological Technology (DRT) 2 year course or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution with aggregate marks of at least 60%
- Advanced Certificate Programs in Physiotherapy -Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) (A regular in-campus four-year bachelor’s degree and internship in Physiotherapy from a recognized university).
- Physical Sciences: Post graduate degree in Physics (All branches)
- Chemical Sciences: Post graduate degree in Chemistry (All branches)
- Biological Sciences: Post graduate degree in any branch of Life Sciences ( Physiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Zoology, etc.) / dentistry. Students with post graduate degrees in Plant sciences, Botany or Bioinformatics need not apply.
- Bioengineering: Post graduate degree in Polymer Engineering/Technology, Material Science, Biomedical Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Biotechnology, Clinical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Biomaterial Science and Technology: MPhil (Biomedical Technology), Post graduate degree in Physics, Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science, Biotechnology or Veterinary Science.
- Health Sciences: Post graduate degree in Modern Medicine, Public Health, Dentistry, Nursing, Veterinary Sciences, Demography, Economics, Sociology, Social Work, Political Science, Business Management (MBA), Public Administration, and Statistics. Other post graduate degrees may be approved by the Academic Committee after examining the merits of the suggestion
M.Phill Degree Course in Biomedical Technology
Post graduate (MSc / MS / MTech / ME, etc.) in Biological/Chemical/Physical Sciences (including Polymer Sciences/Chemistry but excluding Plant Sciences and Bioinformatics) with minimum of 60% marks (or equivalent CGPA).
Upper Age Limit- 28 years as on 1 st August every year.
MTech (Clinical Engineering)
BE/BTech recognized four year course; on the basis of GATE subject (AE, CE, CH, EC, EE, IN, ME,MN, MT, PI, TF, XE) and score.
Ph.D. (Biomedical Devices and Technology)
ME/MTech/MS(Engg.) with the same eligibility conditions for IITM Ph.D. entrance/ MSc Physics.
Advanced Certificate Programs in Physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy Neurological Sciences- Four-year Bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy from a recognized university.
- Physiotherapy Cardiovascular Sciences- Four-year Bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy from a recognized university.
Admit Card for SCTIMST Admission and Entrance Exam 2021
Candidates will be able to download their Hall Ticket / Call Letter ten days prior to the scheduled date for entrance examination from official website sctimst.ac.in. Applicants are advised to bring this card on the day of examination as without it candidate will not be allowed to sit for the exam. The admit card will be available online to the candidates. No admit card will be sent to any candidate via post.
Exam Centres for SCTIMST Admission and Entrance Exam 2021
Check the exam centres for MPH and DPH entrance exam and interview from below.
Course Details for SCTIMST Admission
Master of Public Health (MPH)
This is a 24-month full-time residential program commencing on the 1st of July every year. The objectives of the Master of Public Health program is to provide a broad understanding of the core areas of public health and related disciplines. To develop through a field-intense practical training program the ability to identify a health problem and conceptualize the related research questions, design a community-based study to investigate the problem, collect relevant data from the field, analyze the data and present the findings in a policy or scientific context. To help acquire knowledge and skills to analyze health situations and help devise appropriate policies and programs in a cost-effective manner. To inculcate an interdisciplinary approach to problem-solving skills in public health.
Diploma in Public Health (DPH)
This is a 12-month full-time program. This is envisaged to provide capacity building in public health for doctors working with various State or Central Government Departments or Agencies. MBBS doctors working with Government Agencies and having at least three years of work experience are considered for the course.
Post – Doctoral Courses
The Institute offers various fields in the POst doctoral courses which includes of DM Cardiology,neurology,MCh cardiovascular,Post doctoral Certificate Courses (PDCC) in Vascular surgery,Neuroanaesthesia and Post Doctoral Fellowship any in many more fields.
Under this Master’s of Public Health (MPH),MD in Transfusion Medicine , M.Phil in Biomedical Technology and Ph.D. is offered.
The institute offers admission in Diploma in various courses like Diploma in Public Health(DPH) Diploma in Neuro-Nursing,Diploma in Opearation Theatre Technology,Diploma in Advanced Medical IMaging Technology and etc.
Specialities under PG Diploma courses are Cardiac Laboratory Technology,PG Diploma in Clinical Perfusion(PGDCP),PG Diploma in Blood Banking Technology(PGDBT),PG Diploma in Neuro-Technology (PGDNT), PG Diploma in Medical Records Science(PGDMRS) and PG PG Diploma in Advanced Medical Imaging Technology (DAMIT)
Courses which comes under the Advanced Certifficates courses includes of Physiotherapy in Neurological Science and Advanced certificate in Physiotherapy in Cardiovascular Sciences.
The institute offers joint programs in M.Tech in Clinical Engineering and PhD in BIomedical Devices and Technology.
Programs conducted at other centers
A) National Institute of Epidemiology, Chennai
- Master of Public Health (Epidemiology and Health Systems)
B) Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Master of Science (Bioengineering)
- PhD (Bioenineering/Bio Medical Sciences)
- Master of Public Health
C) IITMK, Trivandrum
Ph.D.(Imaging Science & Technology)
D) Indian Institute of Public Health, New Delhi
- Master of Public Health
- Ph.D. (Health Sciences – Full TIme)
Seat Matrix for SCTIMST Admission and Entrance Exam 2021
The seat matrix for the courses is given below in the table. The candidate can check from the below table.
Fee Structure for SCTIMST Admission and Entrance Exam 2021
Check the fee Structure for MPH and DPH courses for January 2021 session below.
Official website: sctimst.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.