|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||25 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Pune, set up in the year 2004, is a constituent Institute of Symbiosis International University. It is the centre that provides an ecosystem replete with opportunities to all students for value based management education that allows them to seek their inner potential and hone their skills, which enable them to culminate into future global managers and responsible citizens. The students strive to implore, innovate and inspire throughout their journey at SCMS, Pune.
SET 2017 – Symbiosis Entrance Test
The important dates of SET 2017 are as given below.
|Registration Starts||26 Dec 2016|
|Registration Closes||13 Apr 2017|
|Payment Closes||17 Apr 2017|
|Admit Card available||22 Apr 2017|
|SET Examination Date||06 May 2017|
|SET Result||19 May 2017|
Important Dates for Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies (SCMS)
|Online Registrations for SET and SCMS Pune Commences||26 Dec 2016|
|SET Test Registration closes||13 Apr 2017|
|SET Test Payment closes||17 Apr 2017|
|Online Payment closes for SCMS Pune||19 May 2017|
|Declaration of institute short listing for PI-WAT||23 May, 2017|
|Conduct of PI-WAT for SCMS Pune||27 May to 03 June, 2017|
|Declaration of institute’s 1st Merit List||10 Jun 2017|
|Last Date for Payment of Complete Fees for SCMS Pune||15 Jun 2017|
|Commence of Program||27 Jun 2017|
SCMS Eligibility Criteria
- Passed XII or equivalent course in any discipline from any recognized Board / Council / University with minimum 50% marks for general (open) category and 45% marks for students of SC and ST category.
- Qualifying the Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET), Personal interview & Writing Ability Test of our centre. Indian students will be admitted on the basis of the merit list drawn out of the results of the selection process through SET and PIWAT (SET score 50% and PIWAT 50%)
Indian students will be admitted on the basis of the merit list drawn out of the results of the selection process through SET and PIWAT .
International Students may contact Ms. Rupali Chaudhari, Executive, Admissions, Symbiosis Centre for International Education, for information regarding the process of application and selection.
- Indian Students – 240
- International Students – 60
Reservation: As per Symbiosis International University norms.
Programs Offered –Bachelor of Business Administration – (BBA)
The BBA programme is a full-time, three-year graduation programme spread over six semesters which aims at transforming a student into a corporate personality. This programme with its intensive syllabus and a wide range of additional modules would indeed enable the student to aspire for higher studies in premium business schools in India and abroad.
Cafeteria Approach: The Institute follows a cafeteria curriculum which was successfully launched from the Academic Year 2011-12. The Cafeteria curriculum has been designed to allow flexibility to the students to take up courses of their choiceresulting in the award of a general BBA or BBA with single or dual specialization.
The programme is of 150 credits having a combination of core courses and elective courses. The cafeteria approach will encourage and allow students to choose elective courses from across various specializations.
The institute offers six specializations from Academic year 2013-14:
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Accounting & Finance
- International Business
- Environmental Management
- Entrepreneurship Management
ACCA SCMS, Pune has signed an MOU with ACCA (Association of Charted Certified Accountants), UK to offer training to the select students. One Batch at SCMS, Pune, has successfully completed the Diploma in ACCA; and at present, classes are being conducted for a senior (advanced diploma) and a junior (diploma) batch.
Placement Cell: The Placement Cell is an integral part of our institute. Our placement cell has been immensely successful in creating and maintaining a good network across top notch companies in all sectors, thereby ensuring opportunities to students for recruitment with promising career options. The students registering for placements undergo extensive training ranging from career guidance to soft-skill building. This enhances students’ confidence thus helping them perform better at the time of recruitments. Since its inception, SCMS-Pune has seen the presence of many successful companies who have offered our students positions in major domains such as human resources, marketing, consultancy, advertising and finance. Some of the companies which periodically visit our campus for the purpose of offering campus recruitments to our students include KPMG, PWC, Zomato, Food Panda, JLL, UPS, Tresvista, IKYA Global, Grofers, Edelwiess, GPW, Iplace, etc. Our alumni through the years have brought laurels to SCMS with their decision making positions in various organizations.
Methods of Instruction: The Institute strongly believes in interactive learning through lectures, workshops, Industrial visits, Case studies, Project work and field trips, Research Projects, Internships and Simulations.
Profile of students: An important ‘take-away’ of being a Symbiosis product comes out of the long-standing commitment to diversity. The difference in opinions, convictions, economic background, gender, nationality brings life to our campus community and fosters tolerance. The environment causes intellectual churning and therefore brings out the best in our students. The Institute has students from more than 30 different countries studying on the same campus.
Career Prospects: After completing the program students can pursue higher education in any of the premier management institutes in India or abroad. Students who do not wish to pursue further studies will have placement opportunities in various areas such as Finance, Marketing, Sales, Human Resource Management and Environmental Management. One of our important aims is to capacitate and motivate our students to be budding entrepreneurs.
Infrastructure / Facilities
- Campus Facilities : Symbiosis owing to its exceptional track record is synonymous with excellence in all its sphere of operations and has been gaining in strength and admiration over the years. The state-of-art infrastructure, with its well-equipped spacious lecture halls, an ultra-modern auditorium, a well-stocked library and a well-designed Amphitheatre ensures that all supplementary aspects of learning are taken care of.
- Wi – Fi Enabled Campus : The campus is wi-fi enabled which caters to the growing technological needs of the students. Access to the internet for research work and any other constructive purpose does not become a problem for the students.
- Computer Laboratory : Computer lab supports and facilitates teaching, learning of its future managers and technocrats. Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies is equipped with state-of-art computing facilities to compliment classroom pedagogy.
- Library : The Library at Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies houses some of the finest collections of books on management & related areas, periodicals & journals, newspapers, videocassettes, CDs, DVDs that include numerous case studies, project work. The library accords open-access, which provides the students with perfect ambience for learning.
- Classrooms : Our well-furnished, spacious classrooms and lecture halls are equipped with audio-visual aids like LCD projectors. Classroom teaching thus becomes more interesting. Students are also encouraged to make PowerPoint presentations. This interactive teaching methodology not only involves student-participation but also builds their confidence.
- BBA Course : Under the Cafeteria system in BBA course offered, a student has few core subjects and has option to select other subjects ( out of elective ) to get his / her specialization.
- Global Competence : Symbiosis has MoU with few overseas university where our students are sent in fourth Semester under the semester exchange program to have international exposure.
- Gymnasium : The campus has a well-equipped gymnasium to have a in-house modern health club and fitness center with the view to facilitate a holistic development of mind and body & for an all-round development of our students.
- Amphitheatre : An amphitheater has the capacity of 200 people at a time. It is the most sought-after place to have concerts, band competitions, street-plays, Dandiya evening etc.
- Cafeteria & Mess : A multi-cuisine cafeteria and a Mess cater to the requirements of the students. While the services of the mess are optional, it is compulsory for students residing in hostels to avail of this facility.
- Extra Curricular Activities : We believe that students of Symbiosis Center for Management Studies must go out with an all-rounded personality. We encourage them to give expression to their talent and hone skills for which there are various clubs and a student can join any of these club/clubs depending upon his/her aptitude and area of interest.
- Music Room : A sound-proof music room equipped with all instruments required for a band and instruments required for Indian classical music is a heaven for the music lovers.
- Sports : In addition to Indoor games, facilities for out door games eg. cricket, Foot ball, Tennis , volley ball and basket ball are within our Campus area. Facility for squash/ swimming are available within University location .
- Placement Cell, Audio Visual Room, Conference Hall : To carry out the placement activities for the final year students the college has a Placement Cell. Most of the corporate presentation, group discussions and personal interviews are conducted within the campus in the Audio Visual Room and the Conference Hall.
- Health Care : Symbiosis Center for Health Care ( SCHC ) is an in-house Health Care Centre exclusive to the staff and students of the various institutes of Symbiosis. The SCHC has a team of specialist doctors who conduct the (compulsory) annual check up of every student . A medical officer of SCHC is stationed in our campus at Viman Nagar for Curative health care that includes medical OPD, referrals to consultants and emergency hospitalization. The center also arranges seminars & health education workshop.
- Insurance : Every student at Symbiosis is covered under a unique and novel medical insurance scheme. The student is covered for hospitalization (in the empanelled Hospitals)up to Rs. 50,000 in case of non accidental emergencies (as per the Mediclaim Insurance Policy) & Rs. 1,00,000 in case of Rail/Road traffic accidents.
- Reprography Centre : Printout/ photocopy facilities are available for the students at the reprography center.
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Pune,
Survey No.231, Viman Nagar, Pune – 411014
Tel: 020-26634531/33 / 30037100/110/103/126/118 (only for admission queries):