Symbiosis College of Nursing (SCON) was established in the year 2007 with an aim to create leaders in the nursing profession by providing unique, innovative programme that are responsive to the market needs. The SCON is recognized by Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi and Maharashtra Nursing Council, Mumbai. The programme offered by SCON ensures numerous career avenues for a graduate and post graduate nurse in the healthcare industry across the world. The SCON is associated with major hospitals of Pune city to provide necessary ‘handson’ clinical and paraclinical experience necessary for the students pursuing hospital based academic programmes. Symbiosis College of Nursing thus aims to create a benchmark in nursing education in India. The overall aim of nursing programme is to prepare a graduate nurse to work as frontline worker in the clinical and community field and educational arena.
SET 2018 – Symbiosis Entrance Test
The important dates of SET 2018 are as given below.
|Registration Starts||29 Jan 2018|
|Registration Closes||15 Apr 2018|
|Payment Closes||15 Apr 2018|
|Admit Card available||21 Apr 2018 to 05 May 2018|
|SET Examination Date||05 May 2018|
|SET Result||14 May 2018|
Important Dates for Symbiosis College of Nursing (SCON)
|Online payment closes for institutes||Last week of Oct 2018|
|Declaration of institute short Listing for PI-WAT||Last week of Jul 2018|
|Conduct of PI-WAT||01st week of Aug 2018|
|Declaration of institute 1st Merit List||02nd week of Aug 2018|
|Last Date for Payment of 1st Installment||Last week of Oct 2018|
SCON Eligibility Criteria
The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on or before 31st Dec. of the year of admission.
A candidate should have passed in the subjects of PCB and English separately and must have obtained a minimum of 45% marks taken together in PCB at the qualifying examination i.e, (10+2). Furthermore, the candidates belonging to SC/ST or other backward classes, the marks obtained in PCB, taken together in qualifying examination, be 40%. English is a compulsory subject in 10+2 for being eligible for admission to B.Sc. (N)
Candidates shall be medically fit.
- Certificate of passing the qualifying examination.
- Mark list of Higher Secondary and Senior Secondary examination
- Original Migration Certificate
- Requisite Caste certificate issued by the competent authority, if admission is against reserved category
- Gap Certificate, if applicable.
- Certificate of change of name, if applicable supported by documentary evidence like Government Gazette Notification.
- Character Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate or School Leaving Certificate.
- B.Sc Nursing – 50 Students
- P.B.B.Sc. Nursing – 60 Students
- M.Sc Nursing – 25 Students
- Advanced Certificate Course in Critical Care Nursing – 60 Students
Reservation: As per Symbiosis International University norms
Infrastructure / Facilities
- Health Care facilities: Symbiosis Centre of Health Care (SCHC) is the in-house Health Care unit which has a team of specialist doctors who conduct the (compulsory) annual health checkup. Outpatient treatment is provided to the students by the medical officers of SCHC. Each student is insured under Medi-Claim and Road Traffic Accident Policy.
- Fitness Facilities: SCHC provides an in-house, modern, health and fitness centre with a view to facilitate a holistic development of mind and body for an all round development of our students at each Symbiosis campus. Training facilities for strength, endurance, flexibility and cardio vascular fitness including Yoga and Meditation is provided in customized capsules suited to the unique requirements of student population in confirmation with their academic curriculum.
- Library: SCON has a splendid learning resource center. It includes books, journals , projects reports, dissertation, periodicals, CDs and DVDs
- Laboratories: Foundation of Nursing Lab , OBG & Paediatric Lab, Community Health Lab , Museum, Pre-clinical Lab and Nutrition Lab are well equipped with required articles & instruments. SCHS: Skill based and competency driven centre to align with the National agenda of skill development for quality education and skill development
- Computer Lab: The computer lab with facility of Internet connectivity.
- Wi- Fi Campus: Students at SCON are privy to a Wi-Fi campus. The Wi-Fi campus enables students to get on-line anywhere on campus without the hassle of wires and plug-ins. The campus, truly, is the high tech face of the new age SCON.
- Classrooms: All lecture classrooms are well ventilated and equipped with the latest audiovisual facilities.
- Auditorium: The in-house facilities include a 567 seater modern auditorium and a modern conference hall located at Symbiosis Vishwabhavan.
- Mess and Cafeteria: An all day mess and cafeteria ensures refreshments for busy mind.
- Hostels: Well-equipped residential facilities with attached toilet and bath are available for boys and girls student separate