SCMC Admission 2021: Symbiosis Centre for Media & Communication offers admission to its 3-year full-time Bachelor of Arts (Mass Communication) programme. Candidates have to appear for Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) 2021 to be eligible for admission in SCMC. Candidates shortlisted using SET have to participate in further tests and interview at the institute. Allotment of seats is made by considering the reservation rules. Check more information about Symbiosis Centre for Media & Communication (SCMC) Admission 2021 by scrolling down this page.
Latest: Details for SCMC Admission 2021 has been released. Scroll down to check.
SCMC Admission 2021
The schedule for SET 2021 and admission events of SCMC is provided in the table below. Candidates must go through the table to know about the dates for all the important events.
Schedule for SCMC Admission 2021
|SET Online registration & payment starts||18 Feb 2021|
|SET Online registration & payment closes||04 Jun 2021|
|Last date for online registration & payment for SCMC||14 Jun 2021|
|SET Admit Card Live||14 Jun 2021|
|Entrance Test Date & Time||27 Jun 2021|
2:30 pm to 4:15 pm
|SCMC Shortlist for PI||21 Jun 2021|
|PI Slot booking dates||21 – 24 Jun 2021|
|PI dates||02 – 12 Jul 2021|
|First Merit List||24 Jul 2021|
|Last date for payment of fees for candidates in the first merit list||13 Aug 2021|
|Second & Subsequent Merit Lists||Will be updated|
|Programme Commencement||23 Aug 2021|
SCMC Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
To be able to secure a seat in Symbiosis Centre for Media & Communication, candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria given below.
- The candidates must pass class 10+2 from any recognised Board/Council/University or 10+3 Diploma approved by State Board of Technical Education.
- A minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent grades must be secured in the qualifying exam (45% for SC/ST applicants).
- Those awaiting class 10+2 result are also eligible to apply. However, they must furnish the proof of passing the qualifying exam with minimum prescribed marks at the time of admission.
SCMC Admission 2021 Application Form
To be considered for admission at SCMC, candidates have to fill the application form of Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) first. The steps to apply for SCMC Admission 2021 are given below.
Steps to Apply
Step 1: Apply for SET: Fill the SET Application Form and pay the application fee for SET.
Step 2: Apply for SCMC
- The candidates have to choose the option ‘General (SET-General)’ in the ‘Programme/Discipline Preference’ section.
- Thereafter, choose the option ‘Symbiosis Centre for Media and Communication [SCMC] – [BA (MC)]’ for preference of the institute.
- After selection of SCMC, proceed to pay the non-refundable application fee amount for institute.
|SET 2021 Application Fee||Rs 1750|
|Institute registration fee for SCMC||Rs 1000|
SCMC Admission 2021 Seat Intake
The total number of available seats is 120.
Within the sanctioned intake
Over and above the sanctioned intake
|Kashmiri Migrants||2 seats|
|International Students including PIO & NRI||15%|
SCMC Admission 2021 Fee Structure
The fee structure for Bachelor of Arts (Mass Communication) at SCMC is given in the table below.
* Academic Fee may be increased up to 10% during the period of the programme. Government taxes would be additional as and when applicable.
SCMC Admission 2021 Selection Process
The admission of students is made using a 2-tier selection process. The details of selection process for SCMC Admission 2021 are provided here.
1st Round- SET: Candidates first have to fill the application form for Symbiosis Entrance Test and take the test. On the basis of result of SET 2021, candidates are shortlisted for the next round.
2nd Round- Personal Interview and Document Verification: Candidates shortlisted for the Second Round are required to appear for a home-based online Personal Interaction (PI) and Document Verification (DV) process. Individual Video Links for the PI and DV will be shared with candidates. All updates regarding admission will be posted on this website.
SCMC Career Prospects
After studying in Symbiosis Centre for Media and Communication’s BA (MC) programme, students can look for career options in a wide range of discipline. These can be
- TV News Channels
- Radio Channels
- Television Production Houses
- Television Channels
- AD Filmmaking Houses
- Independent Filmmakers
- Advertising Agencies
- Media Planning Houses
- Market Research Agencies
- PR Agencies
- Event Management Firms
- Corporate Houses
- Media Organizations
Official Website: scmc.edu.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.