Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) Admission 2018 has been started and Symbiosis University has released the list of important dates.Symbiosis Institute of Technology being the flagship institute of the prestigious Symbiosis International University has set high standards for itself. The institute endeavors to provide quality education in line with the requirements of today’s competitive industry and rapid developments in technology. Here the candidate will get all the details and help while knowing about the whole process of Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) Admission.
SIT Admissions 2018
The important dates of SET 2018 are as given below.
|Registration Starts||29 Jan 2018|
|Registration Closes||14 Apr 2018|
|Payment Closes||14 Apr 2018|
|Admit Card available||21 Apr to 05 May 2018|
|SET Examination Date||05 May 2018|
|SET Result||14 May 2018|
The SET admission 2018 will be started in the short span of time and important events have been released.
|Registration start date (through SET)||17 May 2018|
|Registration Last date of registration for SET examination||14 Apr 2018.|
|Date of SET examination||05 May 2018|
|Report to the Institute for admission counselling based on SET merit:
SC / ST / DA / KM candidates
|02 Jun 2018
03 Jun 2018
|Last Date of Application submission (through JEE(Main) and MHT-CET)||20 May 2018|
SC / ST / DA / KM candidates
|09 Jun 2018
10 Jun 2018
- Register for SET examination pay online, a fee of Rs. 2500.
- Apply for admission to Symbiosis Institute of Technology by filling up the form online and making a payment of Rs. 1500.
Note: If a candidate registers with the Institute for counseling in any one of the entrance exam and pays the requisite amount, he/she can appear in all the counselings without paying registration fees again. (You have to pay the registration fee once and you can participate in counselings of all entrance exams (SET, JEE-Main, and MHT-CET)).
SIT Eligibility Criteria
- Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject
- Obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in the above subjects taken together
- Good score in an entrance examination like SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test), JEE-Main or MHT-CET conducted in the year 2017.
International Students (Foreign Nationals / Non Resident Indian / PIO)
- Passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical vocational subject.
- Obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in the above subjects taken together. Do not have to appear for the entrance exam (SET/JEE-Main/MHT-CET) in India.
- International student’s eligibility as per SCIE norms.
Documents to be submitted for the admission/ counseling
- Two passport size photographs and a copy of online registration form.
Two set of self-attested copies to be submitted (for verification original documents required
- 10th Mark list
- 10th Passing certificate
- 12th Mark list
- 12th Passing certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Statement of marks in qualifying examination
- Character Certificate
- School Leaving Certificate
- Address proof
- Caste certificate issued by competent authority if the admission is against reserved category (If applicable)
- Gap Certificate ( If applicable)
- Change of Name (if applicable)
- Differently Abled Certificate (if applicable)
Payment at time of Admission
Bank Demand Draft of Rs. 1, 22,500/- (Fee for first semester Rs. 1, 12,500/- and refundable security deposit Rs. 10,000/-) drawn in favor of Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune, to be deposited at the time of admission.Bank Demand Draft of Rs.77,500/- (First installment of Hostel & Mess fees Rs.62,500/- and refundable deposit Rs.15,000/- ) drawn in favor of Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune to be deposited at the time of admission for hostel confirmation.
The Symbiosis Institute of Technology has pre-decided seat intake methodology.
- Civil Engineering- 60 Seats
- Computer Science & Engineering- 60 seats
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering- 120 Seats
- Information Technology- 60 Seats
- Mechanical Engineering – 120 seats
Reservation within sanctioned Seats
- Scheduled Caste: 15%
- Scheduled Tribe: 7.5%
- Differently able students : 3%