Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) Admission 2019: Candidates who aspire to pursue engineering from Symbiosis University can apply for SIT admission 2019 until June 01, 2019. Admission to Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) 2019 is done through SITEEE (SET-Engineering), JEE Main or MHT CET. The dates, therefore, vary as per the process of admission selected by a candidate. Get here complete admission process and details for Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT) Admission 2019.
SIT Admissions 2019
In order to get admission in SIT candidates must go through the eligibility required and apply for admission. Dates for admission are as per the entrance test taken by a candidate that is either SET, JEE Main and MHT CET.
|SIT 2019 Admission||Apart from SET Dates||SET Dates|
|Registration Starts||29 Jan 2019||24 Jan 2019|
|Registration Closes||1 Jun 2019||15 Apr 2019|
|Payment Closes||1 Jun 2019||15 Apr 2019|
|Admit Card available||As per entrance test||20 Apr 2019|
|Examination Date||As per entrance test||04 May 2019|
|Declaration of Result||As per entrance test||14 May 2019|
|Report to the Institute for admission counselling||15-16 Jun 2019||8-9 Jun 2019|
Application Form: The application form for SIT admission 2019 is available Click here to apply.
SIT 2019 Admission Process
- Register for SET examination pay online, a fee of Rs. 2,750 (1750 SITEEE + Rs. 1000 Institute Registration)
- Register for SIT 2019 by paying an amount of Rs.750 through JEE Mains/MHTCE.
Note: If a candidate registers with the Institute for counselling in any one of the entrance exam and pays the requisite amount, he/she can appear in all the counselings without paying registration fees again. (You have to pay the registration fee once and you can participate in counselings of all entrance exams (SET, JEE-Main, and MHT-CET).
SIT Admission 2019: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility requirements of SIT, Pune are given below. Candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria can apply for admission to Symbiosis Institute of Technology.
Indian Nation Students
- Candidates must have Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subjects.
- At least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in the above subjects taken together.
- A good score in an entrance examination like SITEEE (SET-Engineering), JEE-Main or MHT-CET conducted in the year 2019.
International Students (Foreign Nationals / Non Resident Indian / PIO)
- International students need not appear for the entrance exam (SET/JEE-Main/MHT-CET) in India.
- Such students must fulfil International student’s eligibility as per SCIE norms.
SIT Admission 2019: Documents Required
All such candidates who will register themselves for admission to SIT, Pune will have to attend a counselling or admission process in order to get the desired course in the institute. It is, therefore, necessary for such candidate to be physically present for the admission round along with the below-listed documents in original to be verified by the university.
- Two passport size photographs.
- A copy of the online registration form.
- Two set of self-attested copies to be submitted (for verification original documents required
- 10th Mark Sheet
- 10th Passing certificate
- 12th Mark Sheet
- 12th Passing certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Statement of marks in qualifying examination
- Character Certificate
- School Leaving Certificate
- Address proof
- Caste certificate issued by competent authority if the admission is against reserved category (If applicable)
- Gap Certificate ( If applicable)
- Change of Name (if applicable)
- Differently Abled Certificate (if applicable)
SIT 2019 Admission Fee
Once admission is confirmed candidate will have to submit the following fee amount in favour of Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune to start the academic session.
- Bank Demand Draft of Rs. 1, 22,500/- (Fee for first semester Rs. 1, 12,500/- and refundable security deposit Rs. 10,000/-)
- Bank Demand Draft of Rs.77,500/- (First instalment of Hostel & Mess fees Rs.62,500/- and refundable deposit Rs.15,000/- ).
SIT 2019 Admission: Branches offered and Seat Intake
The Symbiosis Institute of Technology has pre-decided seat intake methodology.
- Civil Engineering- 60 Seats
- Computer Science & Engineering- 60 seats
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering- 120 Seats
- Information Technology- 60 Seats
- Mechanical Engineering – 120 seats
Reservation within sanctioned Seats
- Scheduled Caste: 15%
- Scheduled Tribe: 7.5%
- Differently able students: 3%
About Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT)
History: SIT is a flagship institute of the Symbiosis International (Deemed University) established in the year 2008. The university aims at providing quality education in line with the requirements of today’s competitive industry and rapid development in technology.
Ranking: SIT is Ranked 1 Amongst Top Engineering Colleges in the West Zone and also ranked 9th Amongst top private Engineering colleges in The Country by India Today 2018 survey.
Placements: Some of the top recruiters of SIT Pune are listed below. Also, 70% of the students in the current academic session are already placed and the height package of the academic year till date is 12 LPA.
- Anand Group
- General Electric
- Kalinga Corporation (KCCL)
- Philips Healthcare
- Volkswagon IT Services India
- ZS Associates
- Indian Navy
- Indian Army
- Indian Airforce