Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS), Lucknow has released notification from the eligible unmarried Indian Nationals (irrespective of gender) for admission to B.Sc (Nursing) (4 year degree course) beginning in the academic year 2018-2019. Application form for B.Sc Nursing can be filled from here. Candidates can check the SGPGIMS Admission 2018 for B.Sc Nursing Application process, eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
Latest: Roll Number Wise result of B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam has been released. Scroll doen to check the same.
SGPGIMS B.Sc Nursing Admission 2018
Candidates seeking admission in said courses have to fill the online application form from the official website www.sgpgi.ac.in. Those who fill their application on time are eligible to download the admit card for entrance test which will be held on Sep 2018. Selection of the Candidates will be strictly based on the merit of the entrance examination held by the institute / Competent Authority.
Schedule for SGPGIMS B.Sc Nursing Admission 2018 is given below.
|Date of uploading of information brochure and commencement of online
|04 Jun 2018|
|Last date for payment of fee for online applications||12 Jul 2018|
|Last date for submitting online application form||18 Jul 2018|
|Last date for receiving hard copy of application form along with enclosures
|24 Jul 2018|
|Display of application eligibility status||27 Jul 2018|
|Admit Card available for download||28 Jul 2018|
|Entrance examination||05 Aug 2018|
|Final result||06 Aug 2018|
|Start of Classes||01 Oct 2018|
The final result of entrance exam is available on the Institute website / Institute notice boards. The direct link for the same is also provided here. Candidates can check their respective results as per the schedule.
Result: Click here to check Roll Number Wise result of B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam.
Qualification: Senior School Certificate Examination (10+2), Pre-Degree Examination (10+2) OR equivalent 12 years schooling from a recognized board or university with science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and English with at least 50% aggregate marks (in 4 subjects listed above) for general category candidates and 45% for reserved candidates.
Age: More than 17 years and less than 24 years, on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Only unmarried candidates are eligible, irrespective of gender. The candidates should be medically fit. All candidates who are in the merit list will be required to submit certificate of physical fitness from Medical Board of the Institute.
- Admission process/selection criteria etc may change from time to time as per INC’s notification.
How to Apply
- The candidates need to first pay the application fee online, latest by 12 July, 2018, 17:00 hours failing which it is not possible to apply. The application form will become available for online filling after a gap of one working day (for instance, if fee is deposited on Saturday, June 9 2018, the form will become available on Tuesday, June 12, 2018, after a gap of one working day, i.e. Monday); the Institute will send an SMS / email to each payee when the online form become available. The deadline for filling the online form is 18th July 2018 at 5:00 pm.
- After online submission, the candidate must take a print out of the completed application form, sign it at the requisite places, and send to Executive Registrar, SGPGI, Raebareli Road, Lucknow 226014 along with documents in support of age, qualifications, domicile and caste. The candidate must self-attest all enclosures with his/her signatures. The printed application forms along with the enclosures must reach by 24th July, 2018, 17:00 h IST by speed post, registered post or courier. The envelope should be super scribed with the “Advertisement number” and “Application for entrance examination of B.Sc. Nursing Course”.
- Only those who complete all the steps (pay the fees, complete the online form, and send the printed form with enclosures by the above deadline) will be eligible for the entrance examination.
- Application Fee: Through Net banking, Debit / Credit card or through a computer-generated challan form in any branch of State Bank of India. Application fee for all categories is Rs 1000 + Bank transaction charges as applicable. Application fee once paid is not refundable either in full or in part under any circumstances.
Selection of the Candidates will be strictly based on the merit of the entrance examination held by the institute / Competent Authority.
The seats will be filled strictly on merit prepared on the basis of the marks secured by the candidates at the entrance examination conducted by the Institute. The entrance examination will be conducted in English language only. The centre of examination will be SGPGIMS Lucknow or as declared/decided by the Institute. The Scheme of Entrance Examination is as under: one paper of 02 hours duration and consisting of five parts containing objective type multiple choice questions in the following subjects.
The general standards of each entrance examination will be that of 12th class under the 10+2 scheme or an equivalent examination of an Indian Board/University. No syllabus for entrance examination has been prescribed by the Institute.
Qualifying marks :
- General candidates: 50%;
- SC/ST and OBC candidates: 45%
Resolution in Case of a Tie
In case of two or more candidates belonging to the same category obtaining equal marks in the entrance examination, their merit will be determined in order of preference as under :
- Candidate older in age shall be preferred.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Biology in the entrance examination.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Class XII Biology shall be placed higher for merit.
Candidates selected for B.Sc. Nursing will have to undergo medical examination by a Medical Board consisting of faculty members of the Institute. If in the assessment of Medical Board, a Candidate is found medically unfit he/she will not be admitted. The decision of the Board shall be final. In that case, in his/her place next student in order of merit will be admitted.
Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences will release the Admit Card online as per the schedule candidates can print their admit cards using their date of birth and registration number written on right corner of application form. Please note that Admit Card will not be sent by post.
- Unreserved – 21
- Scheduled Castes – 09
- Other Backward Classes – 10
- Reservation will be applicable as per U.P. Government rules as applicable in SGPGI, Lucknow. Reservation will be admissible only to candidates having domiciled in Uttar Pradesh. Candidates domiciled elsewhere will be treated as general category candidates.
- Reservation of seats is as follows: Other Backward Classes: 27%, Scheduled Castes: 21%, Scheduled Tribes: 2%
- If suitable candidates are not available in any of these reserved categories, the same will be filled up by the candidates from the general category.
A detailed info regarding the fee structure for B.Sc Nursing from Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences is provided here:
For more detail of SGPGIMS Admission 2018 for B.Sc Nursing – Download Information Brochure.