Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS), Lucknow has released the notification from the eligible unmarried Indian Nationals (irrespective of gender) for admission to B.Sc/M.Sc, MHA, and B.Sc Nursing in the academic year 2020-2021. Application form date has been extended and the Exam has been postponed for MHA. Candidates can check the SGPGIMS Admission 2020 for B.Sc Nursing Application process, eligibility criteria, and other information through this page below.
– Application form for B.Sc Nursing has been available now. Click here to Apply.
– Result for MHA SGPGIMS 2020 Admission has been released. Scroll down to check the Result.
– SGPGIMS B.Sc/ M.Sc Admission 2020 Application Form available. Click here to Apply.
SGPGIMS Admission 2020
Candidates seeking admission in said courses have to fill the online application form from the official website sgpgi.ac.in. The selection of the Candidates will be strictly based on the merit of the entrance examination held by the institute / Competent Authority.
For MHA Admission 2020 Schedule
|Availability of Application Form|
|Last date to Submission Form|
|Date of Applicant’s eligibility status through e-mail|
|Date of dispatch of Admit cards by e-mail only|
|Date of written examination|
|Date of Display of merit list of |
qualified candidates on website
|Date of Joining of selected candidates|
For B.Sc/M.Sc Admission 2020 Schedule
|Release of Advertisement||01 Oct 2020|
|Last date for payment of fee for online applications||15 Oct 2020|
|Last date for submitting online application form||17 Oct 2020|
|Last Date of Receiving Printed application form||20 Oct 2020|
|Uploading the roll numbers||22 Oct 2020|
|Entrance examination||27 Oct 2020|
|Declaration of Result||31 Oct 2020|
|1st Counselling||03 Nov 2020|
|2nd Counselling||05 Nov 2020|
|3rd Counselling||07 Nov 2020|
|Last & mopup counseling if required||09 Nov 2020|
|Completion of admission formalities||10 Nov 2020|
For B.Sc Nursing Admission 2020 Schedule
|Date of uploading of information brochure and commencement of online|
|15 Oct 2020|
|Last date for payment of fee for online applications||29 Oct 2020|
|Last date for submitting online application form||02 Nov 2020|
|Last date for receiving hard copy of application form along with enclosures|
|03 Nov 2020|
|Display of application eligibility status||05 Nov 2020|
|Admit Card available for download||06 Oct 2020|
|Entrance examination||08 Nov 2020|
|Final result||12 Nov 2020|
|Start of Classes||25 Nov 2020|
SGPGIMS Admission 2020 Result
Result for SGPGIMS Admission 2020 is declared on the official website, it is available in PDF format. Result is declared after the candidate have successfully given the examination. Candidate can check the Result from the link which will be provided below.
Result: Click here to download Result for SGPGIMS MHA Admission 2020.
SGPGIMS MHA Admission 2020 – Application Form Extended and Exam Postponed
Click here to check the above notice.
SGPGIMS Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
For B.Sc/ M.Sc
Educational Qualification: For M.Sc, the candidate must poses B.Sc Degree with a specific course and minimum percentage marks. For B.Sc, A Pass in Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination/Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry & Biology securing pass with minimum percentage.
Age: Minimum age for admission to B.Sc. courses shall be 17 years and maximum age shall be 25 years as prescribed in the advertisement for admission to the course. Age relaxation to reserved category and sponsored candidates will be as per U.P. State Government rules and domicile of U.P.only.
The maximum age for admission to M.Sc. courses shall be 30 years as prescribed in the advertisement for admission to the course. Age relaxation to reserved category and sponsored candidates will be as per U.P. State Government rules and domicile of U.P.only.
Educational Qualification: Candidates have to hold MBBS / BDS from an Institute/College recognized by MCI/DCI, Govt. of India.
Age: The upper age limit for admission is 35 years as on 31st July 2020. Upper age limit is relax-able as per Govt. of U.P. rules in force at the time of admission.
For B.Sc Nursing
Educational Qualification: Senior School Certificate Examination (10+2), Pre-Degree Examination (10+2) OR equivalent 12 years schooling from a recognized board or university with Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and English with at least 50% aggregate marks (in 4 subjects listed above) for general category candidates and 45% for reserved candidates.
Age: More than 17 years and less than 24 years, on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Only unmarried candidates are eligible, irrespective of gender. The candidates should be medically fit. All candidates who are in the merit list will be required to submit certificate of physical fitness from Medical Board of the Institute.
- Admission process/selection criteria etc may change from time to time as per INC’s notification.
How to Apply
- The application form will be available for online. the Institute will send an SMS / email to each payee when the online form become available.
- Only those who complete all the steps (pay the fees, complete the online form, and send the printed form with enclosures by the above deadline) will be eligible for the entrance examination.
For B.Sc/ M.Sc – The candidate will be required to pay a sum of Rs.1000/- as application fees online before filling up the form to Director, SGPGIMS, Lucknow Academic Account, payable at SBI, SGPGI Branch, (Code No. 7789), Lucknow, which is non-refundable.
For MHA – The applicants are required to enclose a non-refundable bank draft of any nationalized bank for Rs.1000/- in favor of “Director, SGPGIMS (Academic A/c), Lucknow”, payable at Lucknow.
For B.Sc Nursing – Through Net banking, Debit / Credit card. Application fee for all categories is Rs 1000 + Bank transaction charges. Application fee once paid is not refundable either in full or in part under any circumstances.
SGPGIMS Admission 2020 Admit Card
Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences will release the Admit Card online as per the schedule candidates can print their admit cards using their date of birth and registration number written on right corner of application form. Please note that Admit Card will not be sent by post.
SGPGIMS Admission 2020 Selection Procedure
Selection of the Candidates will be strictly based on the merit of the entrance examination held by the institute / Competent Authority.
- Selection will be made based solely on the performance of the candidates at the entrance examination, i.e. the marks obtained in the entrance examination.
- In case of an equality of marks in the entrance examination, the following criteria shall be adopted in the order of merit for deciding the order of merit of the candidates:
a) Percentage marks obtained in the Degree examination.
b) The candidate who is older.
- The total marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance examination and the names of candidates selected for admission will be displayed on the notice board of the Institute/website
- Institute is not responsible for any unforeseen events preventing the candidate from reaching for entrance examination/interview and the candidate will be considered absent under such circumstances.
- Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of examination will not be permitted to appear in the examination. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the examination the results/candidate of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or deemed to be cancelled.
The seats will be filled strictly on merit prepared on the basis of the marks secured by the candidates at the entrance examination conducted by the Institute. The entrance examination will be conducted in English language only. The centre of examination will be SGPGIMS Lucknow or as declared/decided by the Institute. The Scheme of Entrance Examination is as under: one paper of 02 hours duration and consisting of five parts containing objective type multiple choice questions in the following subjects.
The general standards of each entrance examination will be that of 12th class under the 10+2 scheme or an equivalent examination of an Indian Board/University. No syllabus for entrance examination has been prescribed by the Institute.
Qualifying marks :
For B.Sc/ M.Sc
- General Category – 50%
For MHA – Minimum qualifying marks (cut off marks) –
- General Category – 50%
- Reserved Category -45 %.
For B.Sc Nursing
- General candidates: 50%;
- SC/ST and OBC candidates: 45%
Resolution in Case of a Tie
In case of two or more candidates belonging to the same category obtaining equal marks in the entrance examination, their merit will be determined in order of preference as under :
- Candidate older in age shall be preferred.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Biology in the entrance examination.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Class XII Biology shall be placed higher for merit.
Candidates selected for B.Sc. Nursing will have to undergo medical examination by a Medical Board consisting of faculty members of the Institute. If in the assessment of Medical Board, a Candidate is found medically unfit he/she will not be admitted. The decision of the Board shall be final. In that case, in his/her place next student in order of merit will be admitted.
SGPGIMS Admission 2020 Seat Intake
- Unreserved – 21
- Scheduled Castes – 09
- Other Backward Classes – 10
- Reservation will be applicable as per U.P. Government rules as applicable in SGPGI, Lucknow. Reservation will be admissible only to candidates having domiciled in Uttar Pradesh. Candidates domiciled elsewhere will be treated as general category candidates.
- Reservation of seats is as follows: Other Backward Classes: 27%, Scheduled Castes: 21%, Scheduled Tribes: 2%
- If suitable candidates are not available in any of these reserved categories, the same will be filled up by the candidates from the general category.
SGPGIMS Admission 2020 Fee Structure
For B.Sc/ M.Sc –
For MHA –
Detailed info regarding the Last year fee structure for B.Sc Nursing from Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences is provided here:
For more detail of SGPGIMS Admission 2020 –
- For B.Sc/ M.Sc – Download Information Brochure
- For MHA – Download Information Brochure
- For B.Sc Nursing – Download 2019 Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.