Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS), Lucknow has released notification from the eligible unmarried Indian Nationals (irrespective of gender) for admission to B.Sc (Nursing) (4 year degree course) beginning in the academic year 2017-2018. Application form for B.Sc Nursing can be filled from here. Candidates can check the SGPGIMS Admission 2017 for B.Sc Nursing Application process, eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
Latest – SGPGIMS B.Sc Nursing result has been declared, Check it through the link provided below.
SGPGIMS B.Sc Nursing Admission 2017
Candidates seeking admission in said courses have to fill the online application form from the official website www.sgpgi.ac.in. Those who fill their application on time are eligible to download the admit card for entrance test which will be held on Sep 2017. Selection of the Candidates will be strictly based on the merit of the entrance examination held by the institute / Competent Authority.
Schedule for SGPGIMS B.Sc Nursing Admission 2017 is given below.
|Date of uploading of information brochure and commencement of online registration||08 Aug 2017|
|Last date for payment of fee for online applications||23 Aug 2017|
|Last date for submitting online application form||25 Aug 2017|
|Last date for receiving hard copy of application form along with enclosures at SGPGI||29 Aug 2017|
|Display of application eligibility status||30 Aug 2017|
|Admit Card available for download||31 Aug 2017|
|Entrance examination||03 Sep 2017|
|Final result||03 Sep 2017|
|Counselling||04 Sep 2017|
|Start of Classes||01 Oct 2017|
Result – Declared
Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences has declared the Result of B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam. Candidates can also check their result through the direct link provided below.
To Check Your Result – Click Here
Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences has issued the Admit card for B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam. Eligible candidates can print their Admit Card online from the link below using their date of birth and registration number written on right corner of application form. Please note that Admit Card(s) will not be sent by post.
- Admit card process is over…!!!
Senior School Certificate Examination (10+2), Pre-Degree Examination (10+2) OR equivalent 12 years schooling from a recognized board or university with science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and English with at least 50% aggregate marks (in 4 subjects listed above) for general category candidates and 45% for reserved candidates.
Age: More than 17 years and less than 24 years, on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Only unmarried candidates are eligible, irrespective of gender. The candidates should be medically fit. All candidates who are in the merit list will be required to submit certificate of physical fitness from Medical Board of the Institute.
- Admission process/selection criteria etc may change from time to time as per INC’s notification.
- Unreserved – 21
- Scheduled Castes – 09
- Other Backward Classes – 10
- Reservation will be applicable as per U.P. Government rules as applicable in SGPGI, Lucknow. Reservation will be admissible only to candidates having domiciled in Uttar Pradesh. Candidates domiciled elsewhere will be treated as general category candidates.
- • Reservation of seats is as follows: Other Backward Classes: 27%, Scheduled Castes: 21%, Scheduled Tribes: 2%
- If suitable candidates are not available in any of these reserved categories, the same will be filled up by the candidates from the general category.
Selection of the Candidates will be strictly based on the merit of the entrance examination held by the institute / Competent Authority.
The seats will be filled strictly on merit prepared on the basis of the marks secured by the candidates at the entrance examination conducted by the Institute. The entrance examination will be conducted in English language only. The centre of examination will be SGPGIMS Lucknow or as declared/decided by the Institute. The Scheme of Entrance Examination is as under: one paper of 02 hours duration and consisting of five parts containing objective type multiple choice questions in the following subjects.
The general standards of each entrance examination will be that of 12th class under the 10+2 scheme or an equivalent examination of an Indian Board/University. No syllabus for entrance examination has been prescribed by the Institute.
Qualifying marks :
- General candidates: 50%;
- SC/ST and OBC candidates: 45%
Resolution in Case of a Tie
In case of two or more candidates belonging to the same category obtaining equal marks in the entrance examination, their merit will be determined in order of preference as under :
- Candidate older in age shall be preferred.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Biology in the entrance examination.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Class XII Biology shall be placed higher for merit.
Candidates selected for B.Sc. Nursing will have to undergo medical examination by a Medical Board consisting of faculty members of the Institute. If in the assessment of Medical Board, a Candidate is found medically unfit he/she will not be admitted. The decision of the Board shall be final. In that case, in his/her place next student in order of merit will be admitted.
For more detail of SGPGIMS Admission 2017 for B.Sc Nursing – Download Information Brochure.