Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2022: Shillong Polytechnic (Massar), will be released Shillong Polytechnic Admission Application Form on the official website i.e. shillongpolytechnic.com. The start date to apply has not been notified yet. Candidates who have passed class 10th (SSLC) are eligible to take part in Shillong Polytechnic Admission. Selection is done based on marks in Maths and Science subjects of the qualifying exam. To know more details regarding Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2022, keep reading this article.
Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2022
Admission is being offered to diploma courses in 5 branches of Engineering, namely, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics & Communication and Computer Science & Engineering. A total of 180 seats are available cumulatively.
Schedule for Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2022
|Online Applications||to be notified|
|Merit list of Provisionally selected candidates||to be notified|
Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2022 Application Form
The application form is made available on the official website of the institute, shillongpolytechnic.com. Candidates interested for admission can apply online through the link that is given below.
Apply Online: The link to apply for Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2022 will be available here.
Steps to Submit Shillong Polytechnic Application Form 2022
- Step 1: Click on the registration link provided above to open the Registration Form.
- Step 2: Fill all the details asked in the form and register for admission.
- Step 3: Using the login link provided above, open the login window. Enter Email/Username along with password to login.
- Step 4: Provided educational qualifications, personal details, contact information and course preferences.
- Step 5: Upload Passport size photograph and other documents (proof of age, caste certificate, mark sheets etc).
- Step 6: Submit the application form.
- Step 7: Take a print out of the form for future references.
Image Specifications: Scanned copies of candidate’s photograph and other documents must be uploaded as per following specifications.
|Other documents (in image or pdf format)||200 KB|
Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Following criteria must be met by the applicants in order to be eligible for admission to Diploma courses in Engineering.
- The candidate must be 10th passed by a recognized board of education.
- Minimum 45% marks must be scored in both Mathematics and Science. For candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) or Schedule Tribe (ST) communities of Meghalaya, a relaxation of 5% marks is granted.
Age Limit: As on July 01 of the year of admission, the applicant should be 21 years or younger.
Relaxation in Age Limit
|10+2 passed||1 year|
Medical Fitness: The applicant must be physically and mentally sound. Following standards must be fulfilled.
- Minimum standard height of 1.5 metres (relaxable to 1.3 metres for Hills Tribes) and weight averaging 41 kg.
- Minimum chest 72 cm with a minimum expansion of 2.5 cms.
- One should not have any physical disability which can hamper efficient performance in professional studies.
- In case of Girl candidates, physical standards are relaxable to a certain extent.
Citizenship: All of the following must be true.
- The candidate must be son/daughter of an Indian Citizen.
- Moreover, one must be a permanent resident of Meghalaya.
Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2022 Seat Matrix
Check the last year’s course-wise seat intake for 2022 admissions in Shillong Polytechnic.
|Branch Of Study||Maximum Intake|
|Civil Engineering||60 Seats|
|Electrical Engineering||30 Seats|
|Mechanical Engineering||30 Seats|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||30 Seats|
|Computer Science & Engineering||30 Seats|
Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2022 Reservation of Seats
The seat reservation in the institute is applicable as per the policies of state and central governments. Some seats are kept aside for certain caste/tribes, subject to satisfying the needed standards and other eligibility requirements.
- For NCC/NSS candidates, 1 seat is reserved.
- For Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates, 3% of the total seats are reserved.
Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2022 Selection Procedure
- After receipt of application forms, the admission authorities review the received applications. Evaluation of the applicants is done on the basis of aggregate marks in Mathematics and Science obtained in SSLC (10th)/ HSLC (10+2)/ equivalent examination. A merit list is drawn and published on the official website.
- The candidates whose names appear in the merit list are provisionally selected for Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2022. Such candidates have to report at the institute for document scrutiny. After successful document verification, candidates can enrol for admission by paying the admission fee.
Documents Required at the time of Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2022
The selected candidates must bring along the following set of documents (original and photocopy) at the time of scrutiny/enrolment.
- Printed Application Form
- Proof of Age such as Birth Certificate etc.
- Class 10 Admit Card
- Mark sheet of qualifying exam
- SC/ST/OT Certificate, if applicable
- Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) for non-Tribals
- Character Certificate
- NOC from employer if candidate is employed
- NCC/NSS Certificate, if any
- PwD Certificate, if applicable
It is a government technical institute located on the outskirts of Shillong, the capital city of Meghalaya. The institute runs under the supervision of the Directorate of Higher & Technical Education, Government of Meghalaya. Shillong Polytechnic was established in the year 1965 in the state of Assam. After the bifurcation of Assam in 1972, it came under the administrative control of the Meghalaya Government. The institute upholds the vision to become centre of excellence in the field of technical education and emerging areas of engineering.
Official Website: shillongpolytechnic.com
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.