Sikkim Govt College Admission 2018 offer’s undergraduate courses in Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of science, Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor Vocation for Software Development and Pharmaceutical Science and five postgraduate courses in Masters of Art English, Economics, History, Masters of Science in Mathematics and Physics. Registration for Sikkim Govt College Admission 2018 is done only through online mode. Merit List has been generated for admission based on the policy of best of 4 or best of 5 subject marks obtained by students. Get here the complete details for Sikkim Govt College Admission 2018 such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application, merit list, reservation etc.
Sikkim Govt College Admission 2018
The official dates for online registration to Sikkim Govt College Admission 2018 will be announced on the official website. The important dates are as mentioned below students can check the table.
|Commencement of online registration for Admission||29 May 2018|
|Last date for Online registration||10 Jun 2018|
|Last date of submission of Fees through Demand Draft in
favour of (E-Collection Account HRDD) payable at Gangtok
Branch or Debit/Credit Card
|12 Jun 2018|
|First Merit list generation||16 Jun 2018|
|Second Merit list generation||01 Jul 2018|
|Counselling||09 to 17 Jul 2018|
The online counseling will be held at the Auditorium of Nar Bahadur Bhandari Degree College (Sikkim Government College, Tadong) from July 09 to 17, 2018, between 10 AM to 5 PM. An SMS has been sent out to your registered mobile number mentioning the date and time of counseling.
Candidates are advised to carry the following set of documents during the admission:
- Original and attested copies of all the relevant documents.
- Marksheet/ Admit Card of Xth & XII Standard
- Migration/ Transfer/ Charecter certificate.
- COI/ SSC, RC, Others Category certificate.
(In case of minor candidate, COI/ RC/ Other category certificate of father should be presented)
- Original demand draff copy (for payment mode offline)
- Downloaded copy of form stating the course and college where candidates are shortlisted.
- Original & attested copy of certificate in case of differently able candidates.
- Coloured Passport size photograph 4 nos.
For getting admission under the merit list one has to calculate his/her best of 4 subjects in case of ISC and best of 5 in case of CBSE & other State Boards. Students must include the marks of the subject for which he/she is applying in best of 4 or best of 5 subjects for calculating the merit. Merit List has been released as per the preference, category to which candidate belongs and percentage scored by the candidate.
Admission to Sikkim Govt College will be based on the policy of Merit List. For the calculation of percentage, the marks obtained in the subject for which the candidate has applied should be mandatorily be a part of best of subjects for calculating the merit of the candidate. Vocational students must have scored atleast 60% to apply for Arts and Commerce courses only if they have passed the compulsory subject. Candidates other than Certificate of Identification or Sikkim Subject or Residential Certificate must have at least 70% aggregate to apply. Students with compartments of academic year 2017-18 are not eligible to apply.
It is important to note that registration to Sikkim Govt College(s) available in online mode only. For registration students can log in by the direct link provided on “application form” page or through RUSA SIKKIM ADMISSION Mobile Application which can be downloaded from iOS and Android Platform both.
- 85% of the reservation of all the Government Colleges will be reserved for Certificate of Identification or Sikkim Subject Holders.
- 10% will be reserved for Residential Certificate Holders.
- 5% will be reserved to wards of Regular State Government Employees(Non-Local); Central Government Employees, Army Personal, CPMF transferred or working in Sikkim at the time of admission of their students, belonging to outside the state.
- 3% will be reserved of each programme of all the Colleges for Differently abled students in the merit list.
In case of seats being vacant it would be given to Certificate of Identification, Sikkim Subject and Residential Certificate Holder. If some seats are still vacant then they would be considered to Regular State Government Employees (Non-Local); Central Government Employees, Army Personal, CPMF transferred or working in Sikkim at the time of admission.
Official Website: rusasikkim.com
For more details check – Guidelines For Online Registration Admission 2018.