The Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication conducts the entrance test for admission to the MA (Mass Communication) programs every year. The candidates who wish to take admission into the said Course has to appear for both SIMC MA (MC) Entrance Test (Phase I) and GE-PIWAT (Phase II). Only those candidates will be granted admission who fulfill the eligibility criteria as laid down by the authority and will appear for the entrance test.
SIMC MA (MC) Entrance Test
It is mandatory for candidates to take the SIMC MA (MC) Online Entrance Test to get selected in Phase II is GE-PIWAT. The exam schedule for SIMC MA (MC) Entrance Test has been provided in the table below:
|SIMC MA(MC) online Entrance Test – 2019||20 Jan 2019|
|SIMC MA(MC) online Entrance Test – 2020||19 Jan 2020|
|GE-PIWAT – 2020||15 & 16 Feb 2020|
SIMC MA (MC) Entrance Test Pattern
For qualifying the SIMC MA(MC) online Entrance Test, you need to understand the exam pattern and should also have a better preparation strategies for preparation. To help you with this here we present the exam pattern for both SIMC MA(MC) online Entrance Test and GE-PIWAT.
- Mode of exam: Online
- Types of questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Duration of exam: 120 minutes
- Total marks: 150 marks
- Negative Marking: No negative marks for wrong answer.
Go through the below table to understood the distribution of marks in each section of question paper.
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||40|
|Media & Culture||40|
|Current affairs and Contemporary issues||40|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||30|
SIMC MA (MC) Phase (II) GE-PIWAT Exam
Candidates who qualify the SIMC MA(MC) online Entrance Test get eligible to take the GE-PIWAT exam. GE-PIWAT exam includes the Group Exercise, Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test. In order to take admission in the SIMC MA (MC) programme candidates required to qualify the GE-PIWAT exam.
SIMC MA(MC) Online Entrance Test Syllabus
It is important to know the syllabus of exam for scoring well in the examination. Through it you get the idea of important and scoring topic of Question paper.
- Analytical & comprehension skills
- Aptitude & Language capability
- General Awareness of Public Debates: Polity, Economy, International Relations & Developments
- General orientation of Advertising & Public Relations sectors
- History and Development of Entertainment Industry (Bollywood & Hollywood)
- Mass Media and Social Media History
- Recent Development in Media Industry
- Understanding of Socio-Economic and Socio-Political aspects of Media
Eligibility Criteria for SIMC MA(MC) Admission
- Candidate should be graduate with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% marks or equivalent grade for SC/ ST) from any recognised University/ Institution of National Importance.
- Candidates in final year examinations can also apply.
- A candidate who has completed qualifying qualification from any Foreign University must obtain an equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
For International Candidates
- A candidate is eligible to apply as a Foreign National (FN) if he/she holds a foreign passport.
- A candidate is eligible to apply as a Person of Indian Origin (PIO) if he/she has a PIO card, and is a citizen of a country other than India.
- A candidate is eligible to apply for a Non-Resident Indian (NRI) if he/she has appeared either for the 10+2(equivalent to the Indian 10+2) examination or graduation outside India. It is mandatory for one of the two qualifying examinations to be given outside India.
SIMC MA (MC) Selection Process
The selection process for SIMC MA(MC) admission is based on 2 stages – SIMC MA (MC) online Entrance Test (Phase I) and GE-PIWAT entrance test (Phase II)
Stage1: SIMC MA (MC) online Entrance Test is Objective type Exam.
Stage2: In the second phase (GE-PIWAT) includes Group Exercise, Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test.
Final selection of candidates for SIMC MA(MC) is done on the basis of score secured in both SIMC MA (MC) online Entrance Test and Group Exercise, Personal Interaction and Written Ability Test (GE-PIWAT).
Official website: www.simc.edu
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.