The Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication conducts the entrance test for admission to the MA (Mass Communication) programs every year. The candidates who wish to take admission into the said Course has to appear for the SIMC MA (MC) Entrance Test. Only those candidates will be granted admission who fulfill the eligibility criteria as laid down by the authority and will appear for the entrance test.
SIMC MA (MC) Entrance Test
- Audio Visual Production
The exam schedule for SIMC MA (MC) Entrance Test has been provided in the table below:
|SIMC MA(MC) Entrance Test – 2019||20 Jan 2019|
- Candidate should be graduate with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% marks or equivalent grade for SC/ ST) from any recognised University/ Institution of National Importance.
- The university should be approved by AICTE / UGC. Also, it should be registered under AIU.
- Candidates in final year examinations can also apply.
- A candidate who has completed qualifying qualification from any Foreign University must obtain an equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities (AIU).Candidate should be a graduate from any statutory university with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% marks or equivalent grade for SC/ST) at graduation level.
Note: Degree through correspondence is not accepted unless it is through IGNOU.
For International Candidates
- A candidate is eligible to apply as a Foreign National (FN) if he/she holds a foreign passport.
- A candidate is eligible to apply as a Person of Indian Origin (PIO) if he/she has a PIO card, and is a citizen of a country other than India.
- A candidate is eligible to apply for a Non-Resident Indian (NRI) if he/she has appeared either for the 10+2(equivalent to the Indian 10+2) examination or graduation outside India. It is mandatory for one of the two qualifying examinations to be given outside India.
SIMC MA(MA) is an online test with 4 sections of 2 hrs.
- Mode of exam: Objective test
- Types of questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Duration of exam: 120 mins
- Total marks: 150 marks
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||40|
|Media & Culture||40|
|Current affairs and Contemporary issues||40|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||30|
The selection process for SIMC MA(MC) admission is based on 2 stages-
Stage1: Objective Exam
Stage2: Panel Interview and Written Ability Test (PI-WAT)
Final selection of candidates for SIMC MA(MC) is done on the basis of score secured in both entrance exam and Panel Interview and Written Ability Test (PI-WAT).
Official website: www.simc.edu