The four semesters (two years) M.Sc. Programmes based on credit system comprise of a number of core and elective courses and project work. The focus of various M.Sc. Programmes offered by Science Departments would be to generate post-graduates who are confident of applying their knowledge to practical problems of the industry including R&D organizations. The curriculum maintains a balance between basic & applied aspects of the subject concerned to develop analytical skills of the students which shall be helpful in their career option in academic, research & teaching also.
SLIET SET 2019 M.Sc. Programmes
|Last Date Of Application Form||To be announced!|
|Date of Examination||To be announced!|
|Declaration Of Result||To be announced!|
|Offline Verification And Document Verification||To be announced!|
|Spot Round Admission||To be announced!|
The minimum eligibility for admission to Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes will be at least 55% marks (50% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories, SC/ ST/ OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/ PH) in B.Sc. as follows:
- M.Sc.(Physics) : Recognized B.Sc. Degree with Physics as one of the subject.
- M.Sc.(Chemistry) : Recognized B.Sc. Degree with Chemistry as one of the subject.
- M.Sc.(Mathematics) : Recognized B.Sc. Degree with Mathematics as one of the subject.
Note: Eligibility conditions laid down in CCMN-2019 for admission in SLIET shall also be applicable
The application form has been released by SLIET for M.Sc. 2019 admission. Candidates those who are interested can fill the form online. Admission will be done on the basis of CCMN-2019/PU-CET(PG)/ CUCET/ JAM-2019. Here you can check the various necessary details regarding application form and can fill according to it.
The step-wise process to apply for the exam is given below:
- Visit the official website sliet.net.in
- Click on Proceed for Registration SET on the home page.
- Click on New Registration and Proceed
- Read the given instructions carefully and click on Next and I agree
- Fill in the following information asked:
- Personal Details
- Course Applying for
- Test Center Choice (Top 4 preference)
- Communication and Contact Details
- Click on “Save and Proceed”
- Review the application form and Click on ”Confirm and Submit” if no changes are required, else edit.
- A registered form number will be generated along with the submitted password for future login. The same will be sent through SMS on the given mobile number.
The process of registration shall be ONLINE only.
- Online Application Fee(Non-Refundable) – General & Other Categories (Boys) : ₹1500/*
- General & Other Categories (Girls) : ₹ 1000/*
- SC / ST (Boys and Girls) : ₹ 750/*- *
Note: Bank Charges Extra
Mode of payment:– Net banking/ Debit/ Credit Card
Admission to M.Sc. will be through CCMN-2019. The candidates will also be considered based on PU-CET (PG)-2019 Panjab University, Chandigarh, CUCET or JAM. There shall be a minimum cut off marks for admission to M.Sc. Programmes. Candidate will be admitted in the same discipline in which he/she has applied and appeared and qualified. For Admission/counseling schedule follow Institute website www.sliet.ac.in.
In case, the seats remain vacant the candidates qualifying the JAM-2019/PUCET(PG)-2019/CUCET-2019 will be considered for admission. SLIET may also hold its own entrance examination to fill up the vacant seats at SLIET. The detailed brochure for the same will be uploaded on website separately in due course of time
The original admit card will be uploaded on the official website of SLIET. The admit card is a vital piece of documentation as it list down all the important information about you and the exam. We would also advise you to preserve your admit card in good condition till the admission procedure for the SLIET M.Sc. 2019 is completed. The points below comprise all the important and relevant data regarding the admit card of SLIET M.Sc. 2019 please read the points very carefully:-
- SLIET SET 2019 Admit card can only be downloaded from the official website. No hall tickets are sent to candidates by post.
- Steps to download the admit card are as follows:
- Go on the official website sliet.nic.in
- Login using valid credentials
- Download admit card and check for any discrepancies
- Take a print out if all details are correct
- In case there is any difficulty/ problem in downloading the admit, the candidates should contact the authorities.
- Candidates must take two copies of SLIET SET Admit Card. One copy must be submitted with the invigilator after the exam. The other copy must be preserved till the end of the counselling procedure.
There will be offline counselling for M.Sc. No separate letters will be sent.
- Candidates will be ranked based on their SLIET SET Score and subsequently invited for counselling procedure.
- Candidates will be given provisional allotment of seats after which their documents will be verified.
- The provisional seats allotted to candidates will be cancelled if the candidate fails to get their documents verified and fee deposited during the stipulated period of time.
- If a candidate fails to take part in the counselling in time due to some reason, he / she can take part in the next available counselling session.
- Candidates will be required to submit a copy of the fee deposit receipt and obtain a final seat allotment card after all documents have been verified and fees have been deposited to complete the admission process.
Given below is the fee structure for various programs offered by SLIET for the academic year 2019-20:
Applicable to those students only who opt to reside in hostels. The fee for SC category candidates of Punjab State shall be charged as applicable under Dr. Ambedkar Scholarship scheme (PMS) of Punjab Government (or any other latest guidelines from Govt. of Punjab) subject to submission of relevant documents.
Note: Amount for Group Insurance Scheme (GIS) is to be paid annually by each student as decided by the Institute applicable on the date of admission.
For more detail of SLIET – Download 2019 Information Brochure.
Official Website: www.sliet.net.in.