The four semester (two years) M.Sc. Programmes based on credit system comprise of a number of core and elective courses and project work. The focus of various M.Sc. Programmes offered by Science Departments would be to generate post-graduates who are confident of applying their knowledge to practical problems of industry including R&D organizations. The curriculum maintains a balance between basic & applied aspects of the subject concerned to develop analytical skills of the students which shall be helpful in their career option in academic, research & teaching also.
SLIET SET 2018 M.Sc. Programmes
|Last Date Of Application Form||13 Jul 2018|
|Date of Examination||22 Jul 2018|
|Declaration Of Result||27 Jul 2018|
|Offline Verification And Document Verification||31 Jul 2018|
|Spot Round Admission||03 Aug 2018|
Duration: The duration of the M.Sc. Programmes is 2 years
The minimum eligibility for admission to Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes will be at least 55% marks (50% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) in the aggregate in qualifying examination as mentioned hereunder:
- M.Sc.(Physics) : Recognized B.Sc. Degree with Physics as one of the subject.
- M.Sc.(Chemistry) : Recognized B.Sc. Degree with Chemistry as one of the subject.
- M.Sc.(Mathematics) : Recognized B.Sc. Degree with Mathematics as one of the subject.
Note: Eligibility conditions laid down in CCMN-2018 for admission in SLIET shall also be applicable
Application form has been released by SLIET for M.tech 2018 admission. Candidates those who are interested can fill the form online. Here you can check the various necessary details regarding application form and can fill according to it.
The step-wise process to apply for the exam is given below:
- Visit the official website sliet.net.in
- Click on Proceed for Registration SET on the home page.
- Click on New Registration and Proceed
- Read the given instructions carefully and click on Next and I agree
- Fill in the following information asked:
- Personal Details
- Course Applying for
- Test Center Choice (Top 4 preference)
- Communication and Contact Details
- Click on “Save and Proceed”
- Review the application form and Click on ”Confirm and Submit” if no changes are required, else edit.
- A registered form number will be generated along with the submitted password for future login. The same will be sent through SMS on the given mobile number.
Process of registration shall be ONLINE only.
- Online Application Fee(Non-Refundable) – General & Other Categories (Boys) : ₹1200/*
- General & Other Categories (Girls) : ₹ 800/*
- SC / ST (Boys and Girls) : ₹ 600/*- *
Note: Bank Charges Extra
Mode of payment:- Netbanking, Debit and Credit Card
Given below is the fee structure for various programs offered by SLIET for the academic year 2018-19:
Applicable to those students only who opt to reside in hostels. For Industry Institute Sponsored Candidates in M.Tech./ MBA/ M.Sc. the tuition fee will be ₹ 27500/- per semester.
The fee structure may be revised from time to time with the approval of competent authority.
NOTE : Amount for Group Insurance Scheme (GIS) is to be paid annually by each student as decided by the Institute applicable on the date of admission.
The original admit card will be uploaded on the official website of SLIET. The admit card is a vital piece of documentation as it list down all the important information about you and the exam. We would also advise you to preserve your admit card in good condition till the admission procedure for the SLIET M.tech 2018 is completed. The points below comprises all the important and relevant data regarding the admit card of SLIET M.tech 2018 please read the points very carefully:-
- SLIET SET 2018 Admit card can only be downloaded from the official website. No hall tickets are sent to candidates by post.
- Steps to download the admit card are as follows:
- Go on the official website sliet.nic.in
- Login using valid credentials
- Download admit card and check for any discrepancies
- Take a print out if all details are correct
- In case there is any difficulty/ problem in downloading the admit, the candidates should contact the authorities.
- Candidates must take two copies of SLIET SET Admit Card. One copy must be submitted with the invigilator after the exam. The other copy must be preserved till the end of the counselling procedure.
It is one of the most important point to be kept in mind before appearing in exam as it contains all the important factor related to question paper and can help you in qualifying the exam so it is recommended to check all the details very carefully :-
- There will be only one paper of two hours duration and of 100 marks.
- There will be objective type questions with four options having single correct answer.
- For each incorrect response, one fourth (1/4) of the total marks allotted to the question would be deducted. However, no deduction of marks will be made if no response is indicated for an item in the OMR Answer Sheet.
- The candidates appearing for Examination are advised not to attempt such item in the answer sheet if they are not sure of the correct response.
- More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect response and will be negatively marked
- All objective type questions are required to be answered on OMR Answer Sheet to be provided at the time of Examination. Answers are to be marked using ball point pen (black / blue) only.
There will be OFFLINE COUNSELLING for M.Sc./M.Tech./MBA on 31.07.2018. No separate letters will be sent.
- OFFLINE COUNSELLING AND DOCUMENT VERIFICATION July 31, 2018
- Candidates will be ranked based on their SLIET SET Score and subsequently invited for counselling procedure.
- Candidates will be given provisional allotment of seats after which their documents will be verified.
- The provisional seats allotted to candidates will be cancelled if the candidate fails to get their documents verified and fee deposited during the stipulated period of time.
- If a candidate fails to take part in the counselling in time due to some reason, he / she can take part in the next available counselling session.
- Candidates will be required to submit a copy of the fee deposit receipt and obtain a final seat allotment card after all documents have been verified and fees have been deposited to complete the admission process.
The admission to M.Sc. programmes will be through CCMN-2018. If the seats remain vacant* the candidates qualifying the JAM-2018/PUCET(PG)-2018/CUCET-2018 will be considered for admission. SLIET may also hold its own SET entrance examination to fill up the vacant seats at SLIET. The detailed brochure for the same will be uploaded on website separately in due course of time.
For more detail of SLIET – Download 2018 Information Brochure.
Official Website: www.sliet.net.in.