The objective of M. Tech. programme is a continuation of technical expertise acquired in qualifying Degree Programmes. This will offer an opportunity to the candidate to acquire skill to work on R&D projects and to promote industry institute interaction.
SLIET SET 2018 M.Tech. Programme
Interested candidates who are going to apply for M.Tech in SLIET mus ensure their eligibility. Candidates can get complete information about SLIET SET 2018 M.Tech programme from here. The duration of M.Tech. programme is 2 Years.
|Last Date Of Application Form||13 Jul 2018|
|Date of Examination||22 Jul 2018|
|Declaration Of Result||27 Jul 2018|
|Offline Verification And Document Verification||31 Jul 2018|
- Holds a B.Tech. / B.E. / B.Sc. (Engg.) Degree of recognized University/Institute in the appropriate branch.
Has passed Section ‘B’ of the Institution of Engineers (India) in appropriate branch or Grade IETE and has three years of professional experience in reputed organization. The candidates must have secured at least 60% marks (55% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) in aggregate in qualifying degree.
- Must have a valid GATE score.
- For appropriate branches at graduate level eligible for admission in various M.Tech. courses, candidates are advised to refer to website of CCMT – 2018.
- For Industry-Institute sponsored category seats, appropriate branches for admission in various M.Tech. courses are as under
- M. Tech. (Manufacturing Systems Engineering): Candidate should have B.E./ B.Tech. Degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Manufacturing Engineering / Production Engineering / Industrial Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. (Welding and Fabrication): Candidate should have B.E./ B.Tech. Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering /Welding Technology / Production Engineering / Industrial Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. (Food Engineering & Technology): Candidate should have B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent in Food Technology / Food Engineering / Agricultural & Food Engineering/Food Processing & Preservation/Food Processing Engineering/Food Processing Technology or equivalent*.
- M. Tech. (Instrumentation & Control Engineering): Candidate should have B.E./ B.Tech. Degree in Electrical Engineering or Instrumentation & Control or Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Instrumentation Engineering or Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering or Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering or Electronics & Communication Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. (Chemical Engineering): Candidate should have B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent in Chemical Engineering/ Chemical Technology/Chemical Engineering (Plastic and Polymer)/Chemical and Polymer Engineering/ Chemical & Alcohol Technology/ Chemical and Bio-Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engineering): Candidate should have B.E./ B.Tech. Degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering or Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering or Computer Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering): Candidate should have B.E./ B.Tech. or equivalent Degree in Computer Engineering/ Computer Science & Engineering/ Computer Technology/Computer Science/Information Technology/Computer Science and Information Technology/ Computer Science and System Engineering/ Computer Engineering & Applications.
NOTE: In addition to above appropriate branches for courses at SLIET, Longowal as mentioned at the CCMT-2018 website are also valid. Eligibility conditions laid down in CCMT-2018 shall also be applicable.
Application form has been released by SLIET for M.tech 2018 admission. Candidates those who are interested can fill the form online. Here you can check the various necessary details regarding application form and can fill according to it.
The step-wise process to apply for the exam is given below:
- Visit the official website sliet.net.in
- Click on Proceed for Registration SET on the home page.
- Click on New Registration and Proceed
- Read the given instructions carefully and click on Next and I agree
- Fill in the following information asked:
- Personal Details
- Course Applying for
- Test Center Choice (Top 4 preference)
- Communication and Contact Details
- Click on “Save and Proceed”
- Review the application form and Click on ”Confirm and Submit” if no changes are required, else edit.
- A registered form number will be generated along with the submitted password for future login. The same will be sent through SMS on the given mobile number.
Process of registration shall be ONLINE only.
- Online Application Fee(Non-Refundable) – General & Other Categories (Boys) : ₹1200/*
- General & Other Categories (Girls) : ₹ 800/*
- SC / ST (Boys and Girls) : ₹ 600/*- *
Note: Bank Charges Extra
Mode of payment:- Netbanking, Debit and Credit Card
Given below is the fee structure for various programs offered by SLIET for the academic year 2018-19:
Applicable to those students only who opt to reside in hostels. For Industry Institute Sponsored Candidates in M.Tech./ MBA/ M.Sc. the tuition fee will be ₹ 27500/- per semester.
The fee structure may be revised from time to time with the approval of competent authority.
NOTE : Amount for Group Insurance Scheme (GIS) is to be paid annually by each student as decided by the Institute applicable on the date of admission.
The original admit card will be uploaded on the official website of SLIET. The admit card is a vital piece of documentation as it list down all the important information about you and the exam. We would also advise you to preserve your admit card in good condition till the admission procedure for the SLIET M.tech 2018 is completed. The points below comprises all the important and relevant data regarding the admit card of SLIET M.tech 2018 please read the points very carefully:-
- SLIET SET 2018 Admit card can only be downloaded from the official website. No hall tickets are sent to candidates by post.
- Steps to download the admit card are as follows:
- Go on the official website sliet.nic.in
- Login using valid credentials
- Download admit card and check for any discrepancies
- Take a print out if all details are correct
- In case there is any difficulty/ problem in downloading the admit, the candidates should contact the authorities.
- Candidates must take two copies of SLIET SET Admit Card. One copy must be submitted with the invigilator after the exam. The other copy must be preserved till the end of the counselling procedure.
It is one of the most important point to be kept in mind before appearing in exam as it contains all the important factor related to question paper and can help you in qualifying the exam so it is recommended to check all the details very carefully :-
- There will be only one paper of two hours duration and of 100 marks.
- There will be objective type questions with four options having single correct answer.
- For each incorrect response, one fourth (1/4) of the total marks allotted to the question would be deducted. However, no deduction of marks will be made if no response is indicated for an item in the OMR Answer Sheet.
- The candidates appearing for Examination are advised not to attempt such item in the answer sheet if they are not sure of the correct response.
- More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect response and will be negatively marked
- All objective type questions are required to be answered on OMR Answer Sheet to be provided at the time of Examination. Answers are to be marked using ball point pen (black / blue) only.
There will be OFFLINE COUNSELLING for M.Sc./M.Tech./MBA on 31.07.2018. No separate letters will be sent.
- OFFLINE COUNSELLING AND DOCUMENT VERIFICATION July 31, 2018
- Candidates will be ranked based on their SLIET SET Score and subsequently invited for counselling procedure.
- Candidates will be given provisional allotment of seats after which their documents will be verified.
- The provisional seats allotted to candidates will be cancelled if the candidate fails to get their documents verified and fee deposited during the stipulated period of time.
- If a candidate fails to take part in the counselling in time due to some reason, he / she can take part in the next available counselling session.
- Candidates will be required to submit a copy of the fee deposit receipt and obtain a final seat allotment card after all documents have been verified and fees have been deposited to complete the admission process.
Admission to M.Tech. will be through Centralized Counselling for M. Tech. (CCMT-2018)*. Candidates interested in M.Tech. admission at SLIET should visit CCMT-2018 website. For Institute spot admission as per CCMT-2018 schedule and Industry-Institute sponsored seats to be filled by the Institute, follow Institute websites www.sliet.ac.in for announcement in this regard.
*CCMT-2018 means Centralized Counselling for M. Tech. / M. Plan in NITs and CFTIs to be conducted by SVNIT, Surat for the session 2018-19.
There shall be a minimum number of students required to run the course as approved by the senate. If seats remain vacant in M. Tech. programme after admission through CCMT, the institute will conduct SET Entrance examination at SLIET on the date to be informed later.
The procedure for filling vacant seats in M. Tech. shall be as under:
- Preference will be given to the candidates having valid GATE score.
- If seats still remain vacant the candidates appeared in the SET will be considered as per merit.
Conditions for Industry-Institute Sponsored Category
- The candidates interested for admission in M. Tech. Programmes under this category shall report for spot admissions as per notified counselling schedule.
- The qualifications / eligibility criterion, fee structure and other details will be similar as for other categories as mentioned here.
- Preference will be given to those who have qualified in GATE. If still seats remain vacant, then the admission will be made on the basis of merit of Qualifying Examination.
- The candidate must have a minimum of two years full time experience (after completion of Degree) in a registered Firm/Company/Industry/Education and Research Institutions/any Government Dept. or Government Autonomous Organizations in the relevant field in which admission is being sought.
- A letter from the employer must be furnished along with application stating that the candidate is being sponsored to get admission. The employer should also indicate that the candidate would not be withdrawn mid-way till the completion of the course.
- Candidate will be required to submit his/her last month’s verified salary slip from the employer, along with the application.
- In case of any dispute the decision of the Admission Committee will be treated to be final and binding upon the candidate(s).
- The candidate to be admitted under this category is require to deposit fee.
For more detail of SLIET – Download 2018 Information Brochure.
Official Website: www.sliet.net.in.