The objective of M. Tech. programme is a continuation of technical expertise acquired in qualifying Degree Programmes. This will offer an opportunity to the candidate to acquire skill to work on R&D projects and to promote industry institute interaction. The procedure for filling vacant seats in M. Tech. shall be as under: Preference will be given to the candidates having valid GATE score. In case, seats still remain vacant the candidates appeared in the SET will be considered in order of merit. For more details about SLIET SET 2019 M.Tech candidates can read this article.
SLIET SET 2019 M.Tech. Programme
Interested candidates who will apply for M.Tech in SLIET must ensure their eligibility. Candidates can get complete information about SLIET SET 2019 M.Tech programme from here. The duration of M.Tech. programme is 2 Years. In case, seats remain vacant in M. Tech. programme after admission through CCMT, the institute will conduct its own Entrance examination at SLIET on the date to be informed later.
Note: If after the counselling of CCMT still the seats will vacant then the SLIET will conduct it’s own Entrance Exam for the vacant seats.
- Holds a B.Tech. / B.E. / B.Sc. (Engg.) Degree of recognized University/Institute in the appropriate branch.
Has passed Section ‘B’ of the Institution of Engineers (India) in appropriate branch or Grade IETE and has three years of professional experience in reputed organization. The candidates must have secured at least 60% marks (55% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) in aggregate in qualifying degree.
- Must have a valid GATE score.
- For appropriate branches at graduate level eligible for admission in various M.Tech. courses, candidates are advised to refer to website of CCMT – 2019.
- For Industry-Institute sponsored category seats, appropriate branches for admission in various M.Tech. courses are as under
- M. Tech. (Manufacturing Systems Engineering): Candidate should have B.E./ B.Tech. Degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Manufacturing Engineering / Production Engineering / Industrial Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. (Welding and Fabrication): Candidate should have B.E./ B.Tech. Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering /Welding Technology / Production Engineering / Industrial Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. (Food Engineering & Technology): Candidate should have B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent in Food Technology / Food Engineering / Agricultural & Food Engineering/Food Processing & Preservation/Food Processing Engineering/Food Processing Technology or equivalent*.
- M. Tech. (Instrumentation & Control Engineering): Candidate should have B.E./ B.Tech. Degree in Electrical Engineering or Instrumentation & Control or Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Instrumentation Engineering or Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering or Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering or Electronics & Communication Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. (Chemical Engineering): Candidate should have B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent in Chemical Engineering/ Chemical Technology/Chemical Engineering (Plastic and Polymer)/Chemical and Polymer Engineering/ Chemical & Alcohol Technology/ Chemical and Bio-Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engineering): Candidate should have B.E./ B.Tech. Degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering or Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering or Computer Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering): Candidate should have B.E./ B.Tech. or equivalent Degree in Computer Engineering/ Computer Science & Engineering/ Computer Technology/Computer Science/Information Technology/Computer Science and Information Technology/ Computer Science and System Engineering/ Computer Engineering & Applications.
NOTE: In addition to above appropriate branches for courses at SLIET, Longowal as mentioned at the CCMT-2019 website are also valid. Eligibility conditions laid down in CCMT-2019 shall also be applicable.
Application form has been released by SLIET for M.tech 2019 admission. Candidates those who are interested can fill the form online. Here you can check the various necessary details regarding application form and can fill according to it.
The step-wise process to apply for the exam is given below:
- Visit the official website sliet.net.in
- Click on Proceed for Registration SET on the home page.
- Click on New Registration and Proceed
- Read the given instructions carefully and click on Next and I agree
- Fill in the following information asked:
- Personal Details
- Course Applying for
- Test Center Choice (Top 4 preference)
- Communication and Contact Details
- Click on “Save and Proceed”
- Review the application form and Click on ”Confirm and Submit” if no changes are required, else edit.
- A registered form number will be generated along with the submitted password for future login. The same will be sent through SMS on the given mobile number.
Process of registration shall be ONLINE only.
- Online Application Fee(Non-Refundable) – General & Other Categories (Boys) : ₹1500/*
- General & Other Categories (Girls) : ₹ 1000/*
- SC / ST (Boys and Girls) : ₹ 750/*- *
Note: *18% GST & Bank charges Extra
Mode of payment:- Netbanking, Debit and Credit Card
Given below is the fee structure for various programs offered by SLIET for the academic year 2019:
Applicable to those students only who opt to reside in hostels.
The fee for SC category candidates of Punjab State shall be charged as applicable under Dr. Ambedkar Scholarship scheme (PMS) of Punjab Government (or any other latest guidelines from Govt. of Punjab) subject to submission of relevant documents.
For NRI candidates the fee shall be charged as follows:
NOTE : Amount for Group Insurance Scheme (GIS) is to be paid annually by each student as decided by the Institute applicable on the date of admission.
The original admit card will be uploaded on the official website of SLIET. The admit card is a vital piece of documentation as it list down all the important information about you and the exam. We would also advise you to preserve your admit card in good condition till the admission procedure for the SLIET M.tech 2019 is completed. The points below comprises all the important and relevant data regarding the admit card of SLIET M.tech 2019 please read the points very carefully:-
- SLIET SET 2019 Admit card can only be downloaded from the official website. No hall tickets are sent to candidates by post.
- Steps to download the admit card are as follows:
- Go on the official website sliet.nic.in
- Login using valid credentials
- Download admit card and check for any discrepancies
- Take a print out if all details are correct
- In case there is any difficulty/ problem in downloading the admit, the candidates should contact the authorities.
- Candidates must take two copies of SLIET SET Admit Card. One copy must be submitted with the invigilator after the exam. The other copy must be preserved till the end of the counselling procedure.
Admission to M.Tech. will be through Centralized Counselling for M. Tech. (CCMT-2019)*. Candidates interested in M.Tech. admission at SLIET should visit CCMT-2019 website. For Institute spot admission as per CCMT-2019 schedule and Industry-Institute sponsored seats to be filled by the Institute, follow Institute websites www.sliet.ac.in for announcement in this regard.
There shall be a minimum number of students required to run the course as approved by the senate. If seats remain vacant in M. Tech. programme after admission through CCMT, the institute will conduct SET Entrance examination at SLIET on the date to be informed later.
The procedure for filling vacant seats in M. Tech. shall be as under:
- Preference will be given to the candidates having valid GATE score.
- If seats still remain vacant the candidates appeared in the SET will be considered as per merit.
For more detail of SLIET – Download 2019 Information Brochure.
Official Website: www.sliet.net.in.