|Times Group Bennett University Admission 2018||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
The objective of M. Tech. programme is a continuation of technical expertise acquired in qualifying Degree Programmes. This will offer an opportunity to the candidate to acquire skill to work on R&D projects and to promote industry institute interaction.
SLIET SET 2018 M.Tech. Programme
- Holds a B.Tech. / B.E. / B.Sc. (Engg.) Degree of recognized University/Institute in the appropriate branch.
- has passed Section ‘B’ of the Institution of Engineers (India) in appropriate branch or Grade IETE and has three years of professional experience in reputed organization. The candidates must have secured at least 60% marks (55% in case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) in aggregate in qualifying degree.
- Must have a valid GATE score.
- For appropriate branches at graduate level eligible for admission in various M.Tech. courses, candidates are advised to refer to website of CCMT – 2018.
- For Industry-Institute sponsored category seats, appropriate branches for admission in various M.Tech. courses are as under
- M. Tech. (Manufacturing Systems Engineering): Candidate should have B.E./ B.Tech. Degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Manufacturing Engineering / Production Engineering / Industrial Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. (Welding and Fabrication): Candidate should have B.E./ B.Tech. Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering /Welding Technology / Production Engineering / Industrial Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. (Food Engineering & Technology): Candidate should have B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent in Food Technology / Food Engineering / Agricultural & Food Engineering/Food Processing & Preservation/Food Processing Engineering/Food Processing Technology or equivalent*.
- M. Tech. (Instrumentation & Control Engineering): Candidate should have B.E./ B.Tech. Degree in Electrical Engineering or Instrumentation & Control or Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Instrumentation Engineering or Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering or Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering or Electronics & Communication Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. (Chemical Engineering): Candidate should have B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent in Chemical Engineering/ Chemical Technology/Chemical Engineering (Plastic and Polymer)/Chemical and Polymer Engineering/ Chemical & Alcohol Technology/ Chemical and Bio-Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engineering): Candidate should have B.E./ B.Tech. Degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering or Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering or Computer Engineering or equivalent*
- M. Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering): Candidate should have B.E./ B.Tech. or equivalent Degree in Computer Engineering/ Computer Science & Engineering/ Computer Technology/Computer Science/Information Technology/Computer Science and Information Technology/ Computer Science and System Engineering/ Computer Engineering & Applications.
NOTE: In addition to above appropriate branches for courses at SLIET, Longowal as mentioned at the CCMT-2018 website are also valid. Eligibility conditions laid down in CCMT-2018 shall also be applicable
Last Year Seat Intake is given below.
- The fee structure may be revised from time to time with the approval of competent authority.
- Admission on the basis of GATE does not guarantee the GATE Scholarship. However, Scholarship shall be offered as sanctioned by AICTE, New Delhi.
- The scholarship to the admitted students (with GATE) shall be disbursed by AICTE, New Delhi through DBT scheme as per policy of Govt. of India.
Admission to M.Tech. will be through Centralized Counselling for M. Tech. (CCMT-2018)*. Candidates interested in M.Tech. admission at SLIET should visit CCMT-2018 website. For Institute spot admission as per CCMT-2018 schedule and Industry-Institute sponsored seats to be filled by the Institute, follow Institute websites www.sliet.ac.in for announcement in this regard.
*CCMT-2018 means Centralized Counselling for M. Tech. / M. Plan in NITs and CFTIs to be conducted by SVNIT, Surat for the session 2018-19.
There shall be a minimum number of students required to run the course as approved by the senate. If seats remain vacant in M. Tech. programme after admission through CCMT, the institute will conduct SET Entrance examination at SLIET on the date to be informed later.
The procedure for filling vacant seats in M. Tech. shall be as under:
- Preference will be given to the candidates having valid GATE score.
- If seats still remain vacant the candidates appeared in the SET will be considered as per merit.
Conditions for Industry-Institute Sponsored Category
- The candidates interested for admission in M. Tech. Programmes under this category shall report for spot admissions as per notified counselling schedule.
- The qualifications / eligibility criterion, fee structure and other details will be similar as for other categories as mentioned in this Chapter.
- Preference will be given to those who have qualified in GATE. If still seats remain vacant, then the admission will be made on the basis of merit of Qualifying Examination.
- The candidate must have a minimum of two years full time experience (after completion of Degree) in a registered Firm/Company/Industry/Education and Research Institutions/any Government Dept. or Government Autonomous Organizations in the relevant field in which admission is being sought.
- A letter from the employer must be furnished along with application stating that the candidate is being sponsored to get admission. The employer should also indicate that the candidate would not be withdrawn mid-way till the completion of the course (sample attached at Appendix III).
- Candidate will be required to submit his/her last month’s verified salary slip from the employer, along with the application.
- In case of any dispute the decision of the Admission Committee will be treated to be final and binding upon the candidate(s).
- The candidate to be admitted under this category is require to deposit fee.
Insofar, official details of SLIET SET 2018 M.Tech. have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology releases SLIET SET 2018 M.Tech. information brochure, details will be updated here.