Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology Entrance Exam(SLIET SET) offers the modular pattern of education in emerging areas of Engineering, Technology, Sciences, Humanities and Management. SLIET SET is conducting entrance exam for admission to MBA programmes. The exam is scheduled for July 22, 2018 for(SET-IV MBA). The objective of M.B.A. programme is to inculcate ethical professional and managerial skills for effectively managing the various functions of business in the era of globalization and privatization.
SLIET SET 2018 MBA Programmes
Candidates who are looking for the SLIET SET 2018 MBA programmes can check all the details from this page. Before going to apply candidates must ensure their eligibility criteria and all other details carefully. The Schedule for the SLIET SET 2018 MBA programmes is given below.
Important dates for the SLIET SET 2018 MBA programmes.
|Last date for filling of online Application Form||13 Jul 2018|
|Date of Examination||22 Jul 2018|
|Declaration of result||27 Jul 2018|
|Date of offline counseling and document verification||31 Jul 2018|
|Date of SPOT counselling||03 Aug 2018|
SLIET SET 2018 MBA Answer key
SLIET SET 2018 MBA answer key has been published on the official website. Candidates can also check it through the direct link provided below. Through the answer key, candidates can cross-check the answers which written in the entrance examination.
Answer key: Click here to check SLIET SET 2018 MBA Answer key.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, B.Tech., B.E., B.Sc., B.Com or Graduation with Economics and Mathematics from any recognised university with 55% or more marks(50% or more marks for students belong to SC/ST).
- A Master’s degree in any discipline of any recognized university with 55% or more marks (50% or more marks for students belong to SC/ST).
Duration: The duration of the M.B.A. programme is 2 years.
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Development
- Material Management
- Labour Welfare and Industrial Relations
* Minimum number of students to run above programmes shall be as per senate decision.
Before applying, candidate should carefully read brochure for eligibility conditions and other important instructions. Candidates can fill the online application form for the SLIET SET 2018 MBA programmes. The notification regarding application form for SLIET SET 2018 MBA programmes has been available on the official. Candidates are required to fill the correct and complete details in the form as per that written in Class 10+2. Candidates must fill their application form before the July 13, 2018.
- General & Other Categories (Boys) : Rs 1200/-
- General & Other Categories (Girls) : Rs 800/-
- SC / ST (Boys and Girls) : Rs 600/-
Mode of payment: Candidates can pay the application fee by Net banking, Debit and Credit Card.
The candidates who submiited their form for the SLIET SET 2018 MBA programmes can download their admit card from the official website sliet.net.in on the schedule dates or before the date of exam. To download the admit card you have to visit official website. The candidates can download the SLIET SET 2018 MBA programmes before the of entrance exam. No candidate will be allowed to take the test without admit card.
Pattern of Exam
There will be only one paper of two hours duration of 100 objective type questions of 100 marks and 25% negative marking for each wrong answers.
Marks: 100 (100 Questions)
The paper will include questions covering the following topics (minimum 25 questions from each topic) :
- Language and Communication Skills.
- Arithmetic and Quantitative Skills.
- Critical Reasoning & General Intelligence.
The SLIET SET 2018 MBA programmes will be declaring the result on the July 27, 2018. The result will be declared after the completion of exam.The candidates can download the SLIET SET 2018 MBA programmes result from the official website. Candidates can check result for admission to M.B.A. Programme will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in all the above three components i.e. GATE/ CAT of the corresponding year / CMAT -2018/SET-IV, group discussion and interview.
- First preference for admission to MBA Programme, Candidates should be should have a valid Score of CAT for corresponding year or CMAT-2018 or GATE qualified or SET-IV-2018 and will have to appear for Group Discussion and Interview at SLIET Longowal.
- All the candidates aspiring to get admission in MBA Programme will have to fill the online Application Form of SET-2018 (SET-IV) as per schedule.
- Candidates with valid CAT or CMAT or GATE score are exempted from appearing in SET-IV-2018.
- If seats still remain vacant after above process, the admission shall be made as per merit of SET-IV followed by GD/Interview
Note: Admission to MBA programme on the basis of GATE/CAT/CMAT does not make a candidate eligible for scholarship. In case the seats remains vacant in MBA programme after admission through above procedure, the institute may conduct Entrance Test at SLIET,Longowal. The dates for the same will be notified later on.
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in GATE/ CAT / CMAT – 2018, group discussion and interview.
- For preparing the merit list, the marks obtained in the GATE/ CAT / CMAT-2018 shall be converted out of 400. Marks for GD and interview will be awarded out of 25 each.
- Final merit list will be made on basis of marks scored in all three components out of 450.
- Institute shall decide the minimum cut off marks for CAT/CMAT-2018 separately.
Group Discussion (GD) 25 Marks
The Group Discussion is primarily aimed at assessing the oral communication skills, convincing power and other managerial capability of candidate. The GD will fetch 25 marks and time allowed for one GD will be 30 minutes. A group of 10 candidates on random basis would be selected to participate in each GD out of the candidates. The topics given for the GD would be from current affairs, economics and management.
Interview (25 Marks)
The final stage of the selection process will be an Interview for the candidates undergone earlier stages. The interview will be conducted by a panel of experts consisting of eminent faculty members/persons from industry.
Note: Result for admission to M.B.A. Programme will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in all the above three components i.e. GATE/ CAT of the corresponding year / CMAT -2018, group discussion and interview.
After the declaration of result, the qualified candidates will be called for the counseling session. The counseling and document verification will be held on July 27, 2018 in the institute.
Candidates can check the fee detail of MBA programmes which is provided below.
The fee structure may be revised from time to time with the approval of competent authority.
Official Website: www.sliet.net.in.
For more information regarding SLIET SET 2018 MBA programmes Download Information brochure.