The objective of M.B.A. programme is to inculcate ethical professional and managerial skills for effectively managing the various functions of business in the era of globalization and privatization.
SLIET SET 2018 MBA Programmes
- A Bachelor’s Degree, B.Tech., B.E., B.Sc., B.Com or Graduation with Economics and Mathematics from any recognised university with 55% or more marks(50% or more marks for students belong to SC/ST).
- A Master’s degree in any discipline of any recognized university with 55% or more marks (50% or more marks for students belong to SC/ST).
Duration: The duration of the M.B.A. programme is 2 years
Disciplines and Number of Seats: Total number of seats are 50*. Reservation of seats will be as per Govt. of India rules
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Development
- Material Management
- Labour Welfare and Industrial Relations
* Minimum number of students to run above programmes shall be as per senate decision.
- For admission to MBA Programme, Candidates should be GATE qualified or should have a valid Score of CAT for corresponding year/CMAT-2018 and will have to appear for Group Discussion and Interview at SLIET Longowal.
- All the candidates aspiring to get admission in MBA Programme will have to fill the online Application Form of SET-2018 (SET-IV) as per schedule.
Note: Admission to MBA programme on the basis of GATE/CAT/CMAT does not make a candidate eligible for scholarship. In case the seats remains vacant in MBA programme after admission through above procedure, the institute may conduct Entrance Test at SLIET,Longowal. The dates for the same will be notified later on.
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in GATE/ CAT / CMAT – 2018, group discussion and interview.
- For preparing the merit list, the marks obtained in the GATE/ CAT / CMAT-2018 shall be converted out of 400. Marks for GD and interview will be awarded out of 25 each.
- Final merit list will be made on basis of marks scored in all three components out of 450.
- Institute shall decide the minimum cut off marks for CAT/CMAT-2018 separately.
Group Discussion (GD) 25 Marks
The Group Discussion is primarily aimed at assessing the oral communication skills, convincing power and other managerial capability of candidate. TheGD willfetch 25marks and time allowed for one GD will be 30 minutes. A group of 10 candidates on random basis would be selected to participate in each GD out of the candidates. The topics given for the GD would be from current affairs, economics and management.
Interview (25 Marks)
The final stage of the selection process will be an Interview for the candidates undergone earlier stages. The interview will be conducted by a panel of experts consisting of eminent faculty members/persons from industry.
Note: Result for admission to M.B.A. Programme will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in all the above three components i.e. GATE/ CAT of the corresponding year / CMAT -2018, group discussion and interview.
Official Website: www.sliet.net.in.