SLIET SET 2020 Ph.D. – The result for SLIET SET 2020 Ph.D (SET-V) has been released. The Ph.D entrance exam result has released in PDF format on the official website of the Institute, sliet.ac.in. Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology (SLIET) provides admission to its Part-Time and Full-Time Ph.D. programmes through SLIET Entrance Test (SET-V). Master’s degree holders are eligible to apply for admissions. The selection procedure consists of the written test and an interview. Candidates who have qualified CSIR/UGC NET with fellowship/ NET (ASRB) with fellowship/ GATE / any other State Level Eligibility Test (SLET/SET) with fellowship are exempted from SLIET SET-V and have to appear directly for an interview. Check more details about SLIET SET 2020 Ph. D. from this page.
Latest: Final result for SLIET SET 2020 Ph.D Entrance Exam has been released. Click here to check it.
SLIET SET 2020 Ph.D.
Candidates can apply online for the Ph.D. courses from the official website or direct link to apply online is also given on the “application form” page. Schedule for the SLIET SET 2020 Ph.D. (SET V) is given below.
|Availability of application form||Over|
|Last date for Applying|
|Admit Card availability||Over|
|SLIET SET-V 2020 exam date for Ph.D. programme|
|Answer Key of Entrance Test||14 Oct 2020|
|Result of Entrance Test|
|Interview for Ph.D|
|Declaration of Final Result|
|Counselling for Ph.D. programmes|
- Click here to download SLIET SET 2020 Ph.D Schedule.
Disciplines Under the Ph.D. programme
The admission will be done in the following departments:
- Chemical Engineering (CE)
- Chemistry (CHY)
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering (EIE)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Humanities (English) (ENG)
- Food Engineering & Technology (FET).
- Management (MGT)
- Mathematics (MATH)
- Mechanical Engineering (MECH)
- Physics (PHY)
SLIET SET 2020 Ph. D. (SET – V) Application Form
The application form for admission to Ph.D programmes is available in online mode on the website of SLIET. Offline applications are not accepted by the Institute. Candidates can check the procedure to fill the online form from our application page. Check amount of application fee and mode of fee payment below.
- General & Other Categories (Boys): Rs 1750/-
- General & Other Categories (Girls): Rs 1250/-
- SC / ST (Boys and Girls): Rs. 1000/-
Note: *18% GST & Bank charges Extra
Mode of payment:– Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Netbanking / E-challan
Eligibility Criteria for SLIET SET 2020 Ph. D. (SET – V) Admission
The candidates must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria for admission before applying. Check the eligibility requirements from the points mentioned below.
- The candidates must have a Master’s degree in the following disciplines: Management/ Engineering/Technology/ Science/ Humanities.
- Also, candidates must have secured minimum 55% marks (50% marks for reserved categories: SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PH) in their Master’s degrees.
- A professional degree which is declared equivalent to the Master’s degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade is also accepted.
- Also, an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency is also eligible for application.
Admission Procedure for Fee Structure for SLIET SET 2020 Ph. D. (SET – V) Admission
Admission to Ph.D. programmes is available in the following categories :
- Full Time (with fellowship)
- Full Time (without fellowship)
- Part Time
Admission Procedure for Ph.D. programme consists of following 2 stages:
- SET-V Entrance Test- Firstly, applicants have to appear for offline SLIET Entrance Test, which is conducted at SLIET, Longowal. This test is only qualifying in nature. Candidates obtaining more than 50% marks are considered qualified for next stage. Reserved category candidates (SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PH) need to secure only 45% marks in SET-V.
- Interview-Qualified candidates of the earlier stage have to appear for an interview round. Here, candidates have to give a presentation about their research interest. Note that candidates who have qualified CSIR/UGC NET with fellowship/ NET (ASRB) with fellowship/ GATE / any other State Level Eligibility Test (SLET/SET) with fellowship are exempted from SLIET SET-V and have to appear directly for the interview.
The final merit is drawn on the basis of interview.
Fee Structure for SLIET SET 2020 Ph. D. (SET – V) Admission
Candidates can check the fee structure for academic year 2020-21 from the image provided below.
Official Website: sliet.ac.in
For more details regarding the SLIET SET Ph. D. 2020 (SET – V) session, Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.