SLIET SET 2018 Ph. D. (SET – V) – Creative and productive enquiry is the basic concept underlying the research work. The award of the Ph.D. Degree is in respect of high achievements, independent research and application of scientific knowledge to the solution of scientific and technical problems. The admission to Ph.D. programme (Part Time/Full Time) will be strictly as per institute rules. The admission will be done in the following departments:
SLIET SET 2018 Ph. D. (SET – V)
Schedule for the SLIET SET 2018 Ph.D (SET V) is given below.
|Last date for Applying||Second week of June 2018|
|Date of Entrance Test (SET-V) for Even Semester||First week of July 2018|
|Interview for Ph.D||First week of July 2018|
|Declaration of Result for Ph.D||Second week of July 2018|
Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology / Science / Humanities / Management with 55% marks (50% for reserved categories) in relevant disciplines (MCA degree is not eligible for Ph.D.in CSE).
- Master’s Degree holders or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, should be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
Admission to Ph.D. programmes is available in following categories :
- Full Time (with fellowship)
- Full Time (without fellowship)
- Part Time
Admission to the Ph.D. programmes will be based on Two stage process through:
An ENTRANCE TEST (SET-V) shall be QUALIFYING with qualifying marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific. The Entrance Test shall be conducted at SLIET only; and
An INTERVIEW/VIVA-VOCE wherein the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted Department Research Committee. The interview/viva voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- the candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
- the research work can be suitably undertaken at the institution/College;
- the proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
The candidates who fulfill the conditions of eligibility criteria can apply online as per schedule date.
The eligible candidates who have qualified UGC/CSIR (JRF) NET with fellowship / NET(ASRB) with fellowship / State level eligibility test(SLET/SET) with fellowship/ GATE are EXEMPTED FROM APPEARING for the entrance examination, However, they should submit the proof of qualifying the examination. But, they have to APPLY ONLINE. These candidates have to appear for the interview.
Merit List: The interview will be applicable to the candidates who qualify SET-V and others who are EXEMPTED FROM APPEARING in SET-V. The admission will be given on the basis of the MERIT LIST prepared on the basis performance in interview/presentation.
Decision of interview selection panel will be final in respect of suitability of candidate and his / her qualifications for given department.
The course Research Methodology is compulsory for all selected Ph.D. candidates.
The ordinances, rules & regulations for Ph.D. programmes of SLIET, Longowal shall be applicable to all the successful candidates as in force time to time. The guidelines of UGC notification shall be applicable to all the candidates.
For admission under PART-TIME CATEGORY, it is MANDATORY for the candidate to submit the NOC from the employer at the time of counseling.
Fee Structure is given below.
* Applicable to those students only who opt to reside in hostels
- The examination fee towards thesis submission for Ph.D. students is Rs.5000/- (to be paid at time of submission of thesis).
- The fee structure may be revised from time to time with the approval of competent authority.
- The amount of Group insurance scheme(GIS) is to be paid annually by each student as decided by the institute applicable on the date of admission.
Note: Any exemption, in any type of fee shall be as per Rules & Regulations for Ph.D. of SLIET Longowal.
Last Year Syllabus is given below.
Insofar, official details of SLIET SET 2018 Ph. D. (SET – V) have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology releases SLIET SET 2018 Ph. D. (SET – V) information brochure, details will be updated here.