SLIET SET January 2019 Ph. D. (SET – V) – Creative and productive enquiry is the basic concept underlying the research work. The award of the Ph.D. Degree is in respect of high achievements, independent research and application of scientific knowledge to the solution of scientific and technical problems. The admission to Ph.D. programme (Part Time/Full Time) will be strict as per institute rules. The Result of Ph.D.exam of January 2019 session has been declared on the official website. Candidates can check the complete Ph.D. Admissions procedure from this article.
SLIET SET 2019 Ph. D. (SET – V)
Candidates can apply online for the Ph.D. courses from the official website or direct link to apply online will also be given in the “application form” page. Schedule for the SLIET SET 2019 Ph.D. (SET V) is given below.
|Availability of application form|
|Last date for Applying||07 Jan 2019|
|SLIET SET 2019 exam date for Ph.D. program||13 Jan 2019|
|Result of Entrance Test||15 Jan 2019|
|Interview for Ph.D||17 Jan 2019|
|Declaration of Final Result|
|Counseling starts from (Choice Filling)||23 Jan 2019|
Courses offered Under Ph.D. programme
The admission will be done in the following departments:
- Chemical Engineering (CHE)
- Chemistry (CHY)
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering (EIE)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Food Engineering & Technology (FET) 7. Mathematics (MATH)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Physics (PHY)
Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology / Science / Humanities / Management with 55% marks (50% for reserved categories) in relevant disciplines (MCA degree is not eligible for Ph.D.in CSE).
- Master’s Degree holders or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, should be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/PwD (Differently-abled)/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
Admission to Ph.D. programmes is available in the following categories :
- Full Time (with fellowship)
- Full Time (without fellowship)
- Part Time
Admission to the Ph.D. programmes will be based on TWO STAGE PROCESS through:
An ENTRANCE TEST (SET-V) shall be QUALIFYING with qualifying marks as 50%. The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific. The Entrance Test shall be conducted at SLIET only; and
- Based on the number of candidates to be called for an interview, Department can set a higher cut off mark.
- The Ph.D. Entrance Test (SET-V) will consist of one paper of two hours duration. This paper will have 100 objective type questions (Multiple Choice) of total 100 marks.
An INTERVIEW/ PRESENTATION/ VIVA-VOCE wherein the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation or interview/viva-voce before a duly constituted Department Research Committee (DRC)/ Interview Panel. The interview/ presentation/ viva voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
- The research work can be suitably undertaken at the institution/College;
- The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
The candidates who fulfill the conditions of eligibility criteria can apply online by January 01, 2019.
The eligible candidates who have qualified GATE/ UGC/CSIR (JRF) NET with fellowship/ NET (ASRB) with fellowship/ State level eligibility test (SLET/SET) with fellowship (having valid score) are exempted from appearing for the entrance examination, However, they will submit the proof of having qualified the examination with valid score. But, they have to APPLY ONLINE. These candidates have to appear for the interview/presentation/viva voce
Merit List: The interview will be applicable to the candidates who qualify SET-V and others who are EXEMPTED FROM APPEARING in SET-V as per 2.5(c). The admission will be given based on MERIT LIST, prepared on the basis of performance in interview/ presentation/ viva-voce.
Decision of the Interview Panel/ DRC will be final in respect of suitability of candidate and his/ her qualifications for given department.
The course Research Methodology is compulsory for all selected Ph.D. candidates
The Ordinances, Rules & Regulations for Ph.D. programmes of SLIET, Longowal shall be applicable to all the successful candidates as in force time to time. The guidelines of UGC notification dated 05 May, 2016 shall be applicable to all the candidates.
For admission under PART-TIME CATEGORY, the candidate will have to submit the NOC from the employer at the time of counseling.
The number of seats for Full Time with Institute Fellowship are tabulated below. The seats may be increased or decreased as per recommendations of the Interview Panel/ DRC of respective departments at the time of the interview as per suitability of the candidates, and availability of funds. Candidates can check the seat matrix from below image.
* Applicable to those students only who opt to reside in hostels
- The examination fee towards submission/ evaluation of thesis as applicable from time to time, shall be charged at the time of submission of thesis.
- The fee structure may be revised from time to time with the approval of competent authority.
- The amount of Group Insurance Scheme (GIS) is to be paid annually by each student as decided by the institute applicable on the date of admission.
Note: Any exemption, in any type of fee shall be as per Rules & Regulations for Ph.D. of SLIET Longowal.
Official Website: www.sliet.net.in.
For more details regarding the SLIET SET Ph. D. January 2019 (SET – V) session, Download Information Brochure.