Solapur University PG Admission 2017 – Solapur University has released notification from the eligible candidates to admission in various Postgraduate Courses through an Entrance Examination for the academic year 2017-18. For appearing in the entrance test candidates have to fill the application form online from the official website http://su.digitaluniversity.ac. Candidates can check the complete information of Solapur University PG Admission 2017 application process, eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
Latest: – Merit List for PG Admission test has been published. Check it through the link below.
Solapur University PG Admission 2017
The candidates (graduated from any University recognized by the U.G.C.) desirous of seeking admission to the following courses should apply online to the Registrar, Solapur University, Solapur as per schedule. Entrance examination fees of Rs. 325/- should be remitted online as per the instructions given below on this page. Candidates who wish to appear for more than one course should pay Rs.150/- for each additional course
Schedule for Solapur University PG Admission 2017 is given below.
|Online application starts||09 May 2017|
|Last date for submission of online application||29 May 2017|
Final Merit list for Solapur PG Admission test has been published by the officials. Candidates can check it from the link given below.
Answer Key 2017
Answer key of Solapur University PG Admission Test 2017 has been published. Provisional Answer Keys for PG Entrance Examination June 2017 can also be checked through the direct link provided below.
Application Form 2017
Candidates can fill online application form for admission into various Postgraduate courses from the official website of Solapur University on or before the last date of application. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other condition before online application. Candidates can also apply online from the direct link provided below.
- Apply Online – Process is over…!!!
Entrance / Application Fee is Rs. 325/-.
Candidates who wish to appear for more than one course should pay Rs.150/- for each additional course. The students from reserved category are eligible to avail freeships / scholarships offered by the Government of India and Government of Maharashtra as per the norms.
Admission to post graduate courses in the affiliated Colleges / Institutions and University Departments shall be strictly based on
- Eligibility criteria as prescribed by the University from time to time.
- Reservation rules as prescribed by the State Government from time to time and adopted by the University
- While preparing the merit list for admission the aggregate marks of the final year degree course should be considered.
a) In preparing the merit list of the students to be admitted, the Admission committee shall consider the marks obtained in the principal subject at the third year examination. In case there are two or more students with same marks, the total marks obtained by these students at part-I, II and III Examination shall be considered. Even after this if the student continues to obtain equal marks, the marks secured by the students in the second year examination in the same subject shall be considered.
b) In the case of students from other Universities applying for admission to post-graduate courses it shall be necessary to ensure equivalence of the degree course offered by the said students. The quota for the students from other Universities in the State of Maharashtra will be 10 percent of the intake capacity, and in the case of the students from other Universities the reservation rules shall apply in to.
In case any seats from this quota remain vacant, students in order of merit shall be admitted from the waiting list.
In view of the problem of drop out, the additional 10 percent of the sanctioned intake capacity may be admitted in the post graduate courses in the Affiliated Colleges/ recognized Institutes/University Departments/Autonomous Institutions, subject to the general rules of the admission framed by the university from time to time and with prior permission of competent University authority.
In case of admission to second and/or third year of the post-graduate courses, preference shall be given to the students of the same department. However, if vacancies remain, other things being equal, students from other post-graduate departments may be admitted.
In case of admissions to University Departments, there shall be an Admission Committee for proper monitoring of admissions. The Admission Committee shall be constituted as under:
- Director of the School (Chairperson)
- All Professors in the school
- One Senior Associate Professor
- Principal / HOD / Nominee of Concern College
- One Associate Professor/ Assistant Professor from reserved category
- One Senior Associate Professor/ Assistant Professor (Secretary)
In case of PG courses offered at Affiliated Colleges / Recognized Institutions Autonomous Institutions the Admission Committee be constituted as under :
- Principal / HOD / Nominee of Concern College
- University Nominee from reserved category
- Assistant Registrar of University PG admission Section (Secretary)
The foreign students shall be admitted to any Post-Graduate Course in a Recognized Institution / Affiliated Colleges /Autonomous Institution or in the University Department in addition to sanctioned seats as per the directives of the UGC / State Government on producing provisional eligibility certificate from the University.
For obtaining provisional eligibility certificate, the foreign student shall apply along with necessary certificates to the University in the form prescribed by the University and pay fees as prescribed by the University from time to time.
Students participating in sports / cultural / DSW competitions securing at least fifth rank in the National, Inter-University sports/ cultural events (individual or Team) may be considered for admission as special cases, subject to the approval of the Hon’ble Vice- Chancellor.
One additional seat is to be reserved for each course on the campus to the kin or ward of Solapur University employee subject to the approval of the Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor.
Scheme of Examination
Nature of question paper for entrance test of M. Sc. Courses
- Total Marks: 100
- 100 Multiple Choice Questions, each carries 1 mark.
- For M. Sc. Entrance Examination syllabus will be based on 80% of B. Sc.– III, and 20% syllabus of B. Sc. – I and II.
Nature of question paper for entrance test of MCA and M.Sc. Computer Science
- Total Marks : 100
- will be based on: English Grammar, Quantitative, aptitude, Introduction to Computers 100 Multiple Choice Questions, each carries 1 marks.
- Questions, Introduction to C and C++.
Nature of question paper for entrance test of M. A. Courses
- The entrance examination comprises of General Aptitude Test of 100 marks.
- Answerbook in the form of OMR sheet.
- The correct answer should be encircled with a black ball point pen.
- Solapur University, Solapur,
- D.B.F.Dayanand College of Arts & Science, Solapur,
- K.B.P.Mahavidyalaya, Pandharpur,
- Shri Shivaji Mahavidyalaya, Barshi,
- Rajaram College, Kolhapur,and
- Y.C. Inst. of Science, Satara.
Important Instruction about Admission
- General merit list will be displayed on University website http://su.digitaluniversity.ac
- The university will not make any individual correspondence.
- Minimum marks in entrance examination for eligibility is 40%. There will be a 5% relaxation for the candidate belonging to reserved categories (34 marks).
- List of students called for First and Second Round of counseling will be displayed on the University web site as per the schedule and it is the responsibility of the students to check list and attend the counseling rounds.
- Student should attend the round in person along with original documents and prescribed amount of fees.
- Student who remain absent on specified date and time of the counseling will be considered only for spot admission as per merit and reservation against vacant seats, if any.
- It is compulsory for the student to take admission for the course in university department/college after allotted by admission committee. If student fails to take the admission in specified time given by admission committee, he/she will not be considered for admission in any subsequent round except spot round.
- Decision of the admission committee shall remain final.
For more detail of Solapur University PG Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.