SPMVV PGCET 2018 is the entrance exam for PG admissions to Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam. It is a state level entrance exam. The various programs for which SPMVV PGCET takes place include M.Sc, MA, M.Ed, MCJ, MSW, M.P.Ed, M.Com, M.Voc, B.Ed Spl. It is an annual for candidates who wish to get admission in various postgraduate courses in Arts, Commerce & Science streams offered by the university. The common entrance exam helps the university to select the most eligible candidate for the course. However, only female candidates can appear in this examination and get admission in the college. Candidates need to qualify all the eligibility criteria laid down by the official conducting body to get admission into the college. Candidates can get complete information regarding SPMVV PGCET 2018 exam such as application form, eligibility criteria, application fee etc. on this page.
SPMVV PGCET 2018
Only female candidates can get admission through SPMVV PGCET 2018. The table below comprises of all the important events and their schedules regarding the SPMVV PGCET 2018.
|Commencement of online registration||27 Mar 2018|
|Last day for registration||05 May 2018|
|Issue date of Admit card||2nd week May 2018|
|Examination Date||20 May 2018|
|Declaration of result||June 2018|
|Counselling Dates for MA, M.sc, M.com, M.P.Ed, M.S.W, M.C.J, M.ed.spl (H.I), B.ed.spl (H.I)||06 Jun 2018 to 13 Jun 2018|
|Counseling Dates for Integrated M.sc and B. Vocational courses for Intermediate Qualified Students||14 Jun 2018 to 16 Jun 2018|
|Commencement of Classes||18 Jun 2018|
Female candidates from all the regions of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana can appear for this common entrance examination. Candidates who are Indian Nationals but belong to other states are eligible for admission under National Integration Quota (5%). Foreign nationals can also get admission in the college and are admitted without entrance test, subject to satisfying the eligibility criteria and production of STUDENT VISA for the period of study in the University.
SPMVV PGCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for admission into each course available in Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam (SPMVV) along with the entrance test, one has to take are given below. Those who do not fulfill them, will unfortunately, not get admission.
Eligibility for Writing the Entrance Test
- For the courses where the admission is based on the degree as a whole, the aggregate percentage in the group subjects should be 40% /45%/50% of marks. For admission into M.Ed., the aggregate marks in B.Ed. should be 50% and the aggregate marks in degree/PG should be 45%. Qualifying the corresponding Bachelor’s degree examination is sufficient for SC/ST candidates for admission into any course.
- Candidates who have already passed the qualifying examination or who have appeared / are appearing for the final year annual examination in 2018 are eligible to apply. Supplementary candidates of 2018 are not eligible.
SPMVV PGCET 2018: Application Form
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam has released the application form for SPMVV PGCET 2018. The application form is available in both online & Offline mode. Candidates can apply for the entrance test by registering on the official website of the university or candidates can download the application form offline and fill the required details. Candidates have to fill all the required details such as their qualification certificates to successfully apply for the entrance test. The university will automatically reject forms with missing information. Candidates will have to submit a processing fees.
Filled-in application shall be sent along with a processing fee of Rs.425/- drawn in the form of D.D in favor of Director, Directorate of Admissions , SPMVV, Tirupati by post or in person to the Director, Directorate of Admissions , SPMVV, Tirupati
SPMVV PGCET 2018 Exam Scheme
There is a prescribed syllabus for each entrance test. The syllabus of each test consists of Section A for 30 marks, Section B for 30 marks and Section C for 40 marks or as mentioned under respective subjects. Each entrance test will be of 90 minutes duration with 100 multiple choice questions. Each question carries one mark and there is no negative mark for wrong answer. The question papers for English and Telugu tests will be in the respective languages. For all other tests, the question papers will be in both English and Telugu versions. No candidate will be permitted into the examination hall without proper hall ticket. Calculators, books, papers, mathematical and physical tables, slide rulers, pagers, electronic organizers, digital diaries, cellular phones or any other calculating aids are not allowed into the examination hall. Candidate should answer only on the OMR SHEET provided to her with name, hall ticket number and photo printed on it.
Test centers for SPMVVPGCET-2018 are as follows:
- Candidates applying for more than one test are advised to opt for only one test centre.
- Request for change of test centre mentioned in the application will not be entertained.
- If the total number of applicants for any test is less than 100, the test will be conducted at Tirupati centre only. However, if at least 50 candidates opt for centre other than Tirupati, it may be considered.
- The Director reserves the right for allotting a Centre other than the Centre opted by the candidate.
- Admissions are based on the SPMVVPGCET-2018 rank, subject to fulfillment of other eligibility criteria.
- The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination with minimum percentage of marks as mentioned in Section C (in the instructions booklet) when she is called for the counseling for admission, failing which the qualified candidates next in rank would be admitted.
- Admissions would be made through counseling at Directorate of Admissions, Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati.
- Admission into each course will be done by calling at least three candidates for every seat in each category. Candidates have to attend the counseling on the date and time specified at their own expenses with the required documents and fee.
- If a candidate fails to attend the counseling on the specified date and time for whatever reason, she will forfeit the seat and the candidate next in rank will be considered for counseling. Any representation for postponement of the date and time of personal appearance will not be entertained.
- Late comers for the counseling on the scheduled date will be considered for the available vacancies at that point of time only. If a candidate attends on the subsequent date of the counseling in the same phase, she may be considered on the next day before the counseling for the candidates scheduled for the day.
- If a candidate reports after the counseling for the subject in a given phase is over for some valid reason, such a candidate on written representation may be considered for admission into the subject in the next phase of counseling only if there is a vacancy in the particular category for which she is eligible.
At the time of counseling, the following original documents should be submitted by the candidate:
- SPMVVPGCET-2018 Rank Card and Hall Ticket.
- Marks statements
- Provisional/Degree Certificate of the qualifying examination
- Transfer and Conduct certificates
- SSC and Intermediate pass certificates
- Six Passport size photographs
- Study certificates from IX class to qualifying examination
- Aadhaar Card.
- Caste certificate in original from the Tahshildar in case of SC/ST/BC candidates(integrated caste certificate or temporary caste certificate taken in 2018)
- Income certificates from the Tahshildar obtained in 2018
- Relevant certificate in case of other reservations (PH/NCC/NSS/Games & Sports/NI/Cultural Activity)
- Discharge certificate and service certificate of the parent in case of a child of armed personnel.
- Residence Certificate of parents for stay in the states of A.P. or Telangana from Tahshildar in case of candidates who have studied outside A.P. or Telangana / carried out private study.
- Migration certificate
- Anti ragging Affidavit duly signed by candidate and her parent
The minimum marks for qualifying in the Entrance Test is 25. However, for SC/ST candidates there is no minimum qualifying marks. When there is a tie on the basis of marks obtained in the test as a whole, it will be resolved on the basis of marks obtained in Section C. If there is still a tie, it will be resolved on the basis of marks obtained in Section B. If there is still a tie, it will be resolved as per seniority in age. Rank cards can be downloaded from the website www.spmvvdoa.in after the publication of SPMVVCET–2018 results. The rank obtained in SPMVVPGCET-2018 is valid for admission for the academic year 2018- 19 only. There is no provision for REVALUATION or PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION of answer sheet.
SPMVV PGCET 2018: Seat Availability in Different Courses
The courses offered are of two years duration (4 Semesters). The regular (R) and Self Financing (SF) Courses offered in the University are as follows:
*DBT- 20 seats will be filled by Candidates who get qualified in Combined Entrance Examination (CEEB) conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) for admission into M.Sc. Biotechnology Programme – 2018-19 sponsored by Department of Biotechnology, New Delhi. These candidates would be entitled to obtain monthly stipend of Rs. 5000/- during the course period. Unfilled JNU alloted seats will be filled through JNU-CEEB/ SPMVVPGCET-2018 qualified students charging prescribed self-finance fee. Further JNU-CEEB qualified students will be exempted from SPMVVPGCET-2018 to obtain admission into M.Sc. Biotechnology course.
Courses offered by Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam (Women’s University), Tirupati are given below:
|M.Sc. Applied Mathematics||M.Ed.Spl(H.I)|
|M.Sc. Applied Microbiology||B.Ed. Spl (H.I)|
|M.Sc. Industrial Microbiology||M. Vocational Nutrition and Health Care Sciences|
|M.Sc. Biochemistry||M. Vocational Fashion Technology and Apparel Designing|
|M.Sc. Biotechnology||M.Sc. Statistics|
|M.Sc. Botany||M.Com (Master of Commerce )|
|M.Sc. Home Science- Food and Nutrition Sciences: Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics||M.Sc. Home Science- Food and Nutrition Sciences: Community Health and Nutrition|
|M.Sc. Home Science- Food and Nutrition Sciences: Food Science & Quality Control||M.Sc. Home Science- Human Development and Family Studies|
|M.Sc. Organic Chemistry||M.P.Ed ( Two Years-Master of Physical Education)|
|M.Sc. Physics||MSW (Master of Social Work)|
|M.Sc. Sericulture||M.A. Public Relations|
|M.Sc. Zoology||M.C.J. (Communication & Journalism)|
|M.A. English Language and Literature||M.A. Telugu Language, Literature and Translation|
|M.A. Women’s Studies||M.A. Bharatanatyam|
|M.A. Music: Veena||M.A. Music: Vocal|
Each admitted candidate has to pay the fee immediately in the bank counter provided at the counseling venue. Each candidate who attends counseling for admissions has to pay an amount of Rs.400/- (Rs.250 for SC, ST Category) towards counseling fee. Fee concession is allowed to SC/ST/BC candidates of state of Andhra Pradesh only for regular and self-financing courses on production of valid caste and income certificates as per the G.O.s in vogue. Fee concession is not applicable for payment and sponsored/NRI categories. If both Regular and Self-Financing courses are run for the same subject, the fee reimbursement from the Government will be same as the fee reimbursed for regular course, and the SC/ST candidates have to pay the remaining fee as mentioned in vide G.O. MS.No.56, Social Welfare Department, dated 06-10-2003. If any admitted BC/SC/ST category candidate does not get fee reimbursement from the Government, she will have to pay the specified fee to the University. Or if the government reimburses only part of the fee, the student has to pay the remaining fee. For withdrawal from any regular or self-financing course after the closing of admissions, one has to pay the total course fee without concession and get back the original certificates.
|Course Name||Type||Total Fee (Rs.)|
|M.Sc. Applied Mathematics||Regular
|M.Sc. Applied Microbiology||Regular
|M.Sc .Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics||Regular
|M.Sc. Community Health and Nutrition||Regular
|M.Sc. Food Science & Quality Control||Regular
|M.Sc. Human Development and Family Studies||Regular
|M.Sc. Seri culture||Regular||11,600|
|M.Sc. Biotechnology||DBT – Student
Non – DBT
|M.Sc. Organic Chemistry||S.F||36,125|
|M.Sc Industrial Microbiology||S.F||31,600|
|M. Vocational- Fashion Technology and Apparel Designing||S.F||53,600|
|M. Vocational- Nutrition and Health Care Sciences||S.F||53,600|
|Master’s Course in Communication and Journalism||Regular
|Master’s Course in Education||Regular||11,600|
|Bachelor’s Course in Special Education (H.I)||Regular||11,600|
|M.Ed Course in Special Education (H.I)||S.F||31,085|
|M.A.English Language & Literature||Regular
|M.A.Music (Veena & Vocal)||Regular||7,950|
|Master’s in Social Work||Regular
|M.A.Telugu Language, Literature & Translation||Regular
|M.Com. ( Master of Commerce)||S.F||17,655|
|M.A. Public Relations||Regular
Official Website: www.spmvvdoa.in.
For more details on SPMVV PGCET 2018, download information brochure.