Sri Ramachandra Medical College offers admission to BDS Course for the eligible candidates who qualified in NEET 2016 for the academic year 2016-2017. Candidates can fill their Application for admission in Sri Ramachandra Medical College as per schedule. Candidates can check the complete information of Sri Ramachandra Medical College BDS Admission 2016 such as application process, eligibility criteria, selection process and other relevant information on this page below.
Latest – Sri Ramachandra University Merit list 2016 has been published. Check the link below.
Sri Ramachandra Medical College Canceled its Entrance Exam for admission to BDS Course. Sri Ramachandra Medical College BDS Admission 2016 will be done on the basis of marks obtained in the NEET 2016.
Sri Ramachandra Medical College BDS Admission 2016
Candidates seeking admission in BDS Course can fill their Application form available at University website. Selection of candidates will be based on the rank obtained in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for admission BDS Course at Sri Ramachandra Medical College.
Duration – 4 Years + 1 year Internship
Total No. of Seats – 100*
Such of those candidates who have applied for the All India Entrance Examination of Sri Ramachandra University which was scheduled to be conducted on 22 May 2016, should also apply afresh in the prescribed application online.
Schedule for the Sri Ramachandra Medical College BDS Admission 2016 is given below.
|Commencement of Online submission of Application||24 Aug 2016|
|Last date for submission of online application||01 Sep 2016|
|Display of merit list||06 Sep 2016|
|Date of counseling and payment of tuition and other fees||12 Sep 2016|
|Commencement of classes||14 Sep 2016|
|Second counseling will be held depending on unfilled seats||–|
Merit List – Published
Sri Ramachandra Medical College Merit list of candidates who have applied for admission to BDS course 2016-17 with NEET (UG)-2016 has been published. The direct link for the same is also provided below for the candidates.
Application Form 2016
Candidates can apply for admission to BDS Course 2016-2017 only online. The Application form other than online mode would not be accepted, in any case. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other conditions before filling the online application.
- Application process is over now…!!!
Note: Candidate must ensure that mobile numbers and email ID filled in the online application form pertain to him/her as Sri Ramachandra University will make communications by SMS on given mobile number or e-mail ID only, including counseling intimation to the selected candidate.
Application Fee is Rs. 1000/-
Mode of payment – Payment of Application fee will be made through any Debit/Credit Card using online gateway payment facility or Net Banking or e-wallet of Common Service Centre (CSC).
Instruction for Filling the Online Application
- Online submission of application may be made by accessing the University website www.sriramachandra.edu.in.
- The candidate, before submitting the application form online, shall satisfy his/her eligibility to apply for BDS course.
- The Candidate should fill his/her complete postal address with the pin code and his/her e-mail address only. It will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that filled-in postal and contact details in the Application Form are correct. Candidates must also ensure that address given by them be such at which candidate may be able to get the communication till the counseling is over.
- Candidate must ensure that mobile numbers, e-mail ID filled in the online Application form are his/her Own as Sri Ramachandra University will make communications by SMS or by e-mail on given mobile number and e-mail ID only.
- The university shall not be held responsible for any loss in transit or for an incorrect address given by the Applicant in the Application form.
- Candidate should not give the postal address, contact number and e-mail ID of Coaching Centres in their Online Application Form.
- The Candidates are not required to send the confirmation page of his/her Online Application form to the Board. However he/she is advised to preserve sufficient copies of the DOWNLOADED Confirmation Page along with the proof of fee paid for any future reference.
- Request for change in any particulars in the online Application shall not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Incomplete Applications shall be rejected.
- Candidates are advised to submit only one Application Form. If a candidate submits more than one Application Form, his/her candidature will be cancelled.
- The candidates should bear in mind that any online transaction password generated on the SRU website while registering/submitting the form will be valid for 30 minutes only. After the lapse of this period.
- Candidates belonging to any State/Union Territory of India are eligible.
- Every candidate must possess the qualifications and fulfill all criteria prescribed by the DCI, at the time of joining the course concerned.
- Dental Council of India norms for admission to BDS:
- Candidates must have studied in a recognized School and passed H.S.C.(+2) examination/equivalent examination and obtained a minimum of 50% of marks (in case of SC/ST & OBC 40%) taking together Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Botany & Zoology) and a pass in English.
- As per orders of the Hon’ble Supreme Court, in order to be eligible for admission to BDS Courses for the academic year 2016-17, it shall be necessary for a candidate to have appeared for and obtained the prescribed marks in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET (UG) 2016).
Note: Mere appearance in NEET-I & NEET-II does not confer any right to the candidate for admission in BDS Course. The selection and admission of candidates to BDS course in Sri Ramachandra University is subject to fulfilling the admission criteria, eligibility, All India rank in NEET (UG-2016) merit list, medical fitness and such other criteria as may be prescribed by the Government of India, DCI and Sri Ramachandra University.
Candidates who have passed qualifying examination other than H.S.C. (+2) (Academic Stream) Examination of Tamil Nadu, Board of Higher Secondary Education should obtain Eligibility Certificate from Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai on payment of prescribed fee and produce it at the time of admission.
Age Limit – Candidates should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December, 2016. Date of birth entered in the Mark Statement of HSC/CBSE/ISC or its equivalent Examinations or in the Birth Certificate or Passport shall be taken for computing the age of the candidates.
- Candidates will be admitted to BDS course, based on the All India Overall Rank merit list of the qualified candidates as prepared by the CBSE on the basis of the marks obtained by them in the National Eligibility-cum Entrance Test NEET (UG)-2016,
- All other existing prescribed eligibility criteria for admission to BDS degree courses shall be applicable.
Medical Examination – The candidates provisionally selected for admission will have to undergo a medical examination at Sri Ramachandra University, Porur, Chennai – 116 and only those who are found medically fit will be admitted to the course concerned.
|BDS Course Fee|
|Tuition Fee (Annual)||6,00,000|
|Health Insurance premium (Annual)||2,000|
|University Registration Fee (At the time admission only)||2,000|
|Admission Form Fee & Eligibility Certificate Fee
(at the time of admission only)
|Record notes for first year||2,000|
|Details of Hostel Fee|
|Hostel Room rent – A/c single occupancy (Annual)||1,60,000|
|Hostel caution deposit (Refundable)||50,000|
For more detail of Sri Ramachandra Medical College BDS Admission 2016 – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.