SRM Group by 2015 consisted of three universities – SRM University Chennai, SRM University Haryana, SRM University Sikkim. In 2017 SRM group is set to make its presence felt at Andhra Pradesh by establishing a new university named SRM University AP Amravati. SRM University AP Amravati is gearing to offer courses in the heart of the Andhra Pradesh with the support of chief minister N. Chandrababu Naidu,who was instrumental in making Hyderabad as one of the IT hubs of India.
SRM University AP – Amravati aims to set up incubation & start ups based on interdisciplinary research themes, to build & develop high quality collaborative initiatives with industry to obtain mutual benefits for both parties in development of new technology & products. It also focuses on supplementing the skills development initiatives of the government to enhance the economic prosperity and employment rate of the local area, and provide technology leadership across the country.
SRM University Amravati Application Form: Click Here to Apply Online
The university has planned to impart courses for Engineering, Science, Humanities and Liberal Arts, Management, Law, and Medicine and Health over the course of ten years. SRM University Amravati is going to offer courses in engineering branch from August 2017. It has planned its growth rate in terms of 10 years and has divided it into two phases. Phase I concentrates on investment of first five years on building critical mass of both staff and students within the Faculties of Engineering, Science, Humanities and Liberal Arts, and Management. This will see a capital investment capital investment of US $300 million and an additional $45 million of investment in laboratories and research funds. Whereas Phase II concentrates on second five years of development showing continued growth in the Faculties of Engineering, Science, Humanities and Liberal Arts, and Management, and additional growth of the Faculties of Law and Medicine and Health. This will see a capital investment of US $275m and an additional $50m of investment in laboratories and research funds.
SRM University Amravati (AP) Campus Admission 2017
SRM University AP Amravati is all set to offer admissions to students to various Engineering courses. This year the university is offering admissions for four courses of engineering. The courses are listed below:
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering,
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The university has released the notification related to B.Tech admission on its official website. The important dates are listed below:
|Applications opens||15th March 2017|
|Applications closes||15th May 2017|
|SRM JEEE||1st – 30th April 2017|
|IIT JEE (mains)||8th and 9th April 2017|
|CBSE results||23rd May 2017|
|Deadline for uploading academic details||25th May 2017|
|Interviews||1st – 10th June 2017|
|Offers rollout||15th June 2017|
|Courses Commencement||3rd August 2017|
Those students seeking admission in SRM University AP Amravati can apply for it through two ways. Either students must take entrance examinations like SRM JEEE OR IIT-JEE (mains) OR SAT based on which they will be graded or the provision of direct admission is also available to students. Before applying for admissions student must go through the eligibility criteria to get admission in university.
Eligibility criteria for B.Tech Program (Duration: 4 Years)
- Board examination results – Students applying for B.Tech program should have scored a minimum of 60% in each of the subjects of physics, chemistry and mathematics in their class 12 board examinations or equivalent grade from IB or other approved boards.
- Entrance examination results – Students applying should have secured a rank of upto 125000 in IIT JEE (mains).
- Should have secured a rank of upto 35000 in SRM JEEE.
- Valid SAT subject test score (which should include PCM) with a minimum of 1200.
Admission through SRMJEEE
SRM University conducts its entrance examination SRMJEEE (SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination) for undergraduate B.Tech programme. The mode of examination is computer based only.The examination duration is of 02:30 hours and it includes subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology. The test is of MCQ type. Total marks for examination is 315 & there is no negative marking for wrong answers.
A specific set of students will be given direct admissions into SRM Amaravati.
- National board toppers: Merit list in either Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics or sub 5000 ranks in CBSE.
- National entrance exam topper: Within 5000 ranks in IIT JEE OR Within 1000 ranks in SRM JEEE.
- State level board toppers: Within 100 ranks.
- State level entrance exam toppers: Within 100 ranks.
- NTSE / KVPY scholars.
- InPhO / InChO / INMO / INOI / INAO – National level Olympiad attendees (or higher levels such as national level camp or representing India in the international Olympiads in the same subjects).
Students who have applied for SRMJEEE can download the admit card from official site of SRM University before examination. Bringing hall ticket to examination hall is mandatory. Candidates without hall ticket are not permitted to write the examination.
Scoring Criteria For Admission Selection
- All students who are applying will be graded on a composite score based on three criteria Entrance examinations scores (70% weightage).
- Students must take the SRM JEEE OR the IIT JEE (mains) OR SAT based on which they will be graded.
- Scores will be normalized across SRM JEEE, IIT JEE (mains) and SAT based on correlation in student scores between all three exams.
- In case the student submits multiple scores, the best of the scores will be taken into consideration.
- Interview (20% weightage)
- After ranking students who applied, interview calls will be sent out to potential candidates. The interview will be conducted by an eminent panel.
- The interview will have multiple components to gauge personality, interest and initiative.
- Extra-curricular and co-curricular achievements (10% weightage)
- All students will need to submit a portfolio of extra-curricular interests and achievements including Literature, Sports, Arts, Music, Dance etc; and of co- curricular activities such as scientific projects, conclaves / symposiums attended, non-mainstream (national or state level entrance exams or any school level examination) academic achievements.
A merit list will be prepared based on the total marks secured in the SRMJEEE (UG) 2017. The entrance examination results will be available on and also intimated through SMS /email.
Scholarships and Fellowships
SRM Amaravati will provide scholarships to students on a merit cum need basis. Students will need to apply for the scholarship after the commencement of the courses. A scholarship panel will review each of the applications. There are four criteria for scholarships:
- Economically challenged
- Socially underprivileged
- Differently abled
- Awarding of the scholarship will be entirely at the discretion of the Scholarships Panel.
- 100% scholarships (tuition and accommodation fee waiver) will be provided to 1/6th of the students.
- 50% scholarships (tuition fee only) will be provided to 1/3rd of the students.