|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
SRMCAT 2018 refers to SRM Common Admission Test. SRM University is expecetd to hold SRMCAT 2018 for admission to MBA program. The common admission test is conducted to analyse the candidate’s knowledge and aptitude with regard to business and management. The examination shall be held in the month of April 2018. In 2016, the examination was conducted in a two-day window format. Registration for SRMCAT shall begin from March 2018.
|Application process starts from||October 2017|
|Last date of online application process||Last week of March 2018|
|Slot booking and Availability of admit card||Last week of March to first week of April 2018|
|SRMCAT 2018 exam date||April 2018|
|Declaration of Results||May 2018|
|Counselling Procedure||May 2018|
Please note that official details of SRMCAT 2018 have not yet been announced. Information on this page is as per previous year brochure and only for reference of such candidates who have started looking for details to get an idea of SRMCAT 2018. As soon as SRM University releases SRMCAT 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.
Ensure that you fit in the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the university. The eligibility criteria for SRMCAT 2018 is given below:
- Must hold Bachelor’s degree with a minimum aggregate of 60%
- Final Year Graduation students can also apply for SRMCAT but they will have to present their Graduation certificate by July 31, 2018, until then the admission of such candidates will be considered provisional
- Candidates with a valid score in GMAT, CAT, MAT, TANCET, CMAT are eligible to apply. However, such students do not need to appear for SRMCAT 2018
SRMCAT 2018 Application Process
To apply for the entrance test, the applicant must apply on the official site of SRM University. You may download the application form w.e.f March 2018. Enter all the details in the application form correctly. Incomplete forms are liable to be rejected. The university would not inform such candidates of rejection of the incomplete application. So, make sure you have filled and submitted the application form completed in all aspects. After you have filled in all the details in the online application, you can go ahead and make payment.
You can make the payment of Rs 1000/- for the application form either Online or by Demand Draft. If the payment is to be done by Demand Draf.
SRMCAT 2018 Admit Card
The SRMCAT 2018 Admit card can be downloaded from the official website of the university. After the online application process is over, you will be required to book a slot for the entrance test. The window for slot booking shall be open for 10 days. In the slot booking, the applicant can choose their examination centre, date and time of the test. Slot booking and downloading the admit card can be done on the same day.
After you have booked your slot, you may now download the admit card. The admit card will contain the following details:
- Applicant’s Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Application Number/ Rew
- Date and time of the test
- Venue of the test centre
- Exam Instructions
- It is mandatory to bring the admit card to appear for the entrance test
- Along with the admit card, you need to bring any of the following document for photo identification proof:
- Voter’s ID
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Other ID proofs issued by their academic institutions
- Check all the details printed on the admit card carefully, in the case of any discrepancy, report the issue to the exam authorities.
- Mobile phones. Calculator or any other electronic device will be regarded as unfair means and are strictly prohibited in the examination.
- You will need to reach the examination hall at least fifteen minutes before the commencement of entrance exam.
- No candidate will be allowed to sit for the examination without an admit card.
SRMCAT Exam Pattern
The SRMCAT will be an online test i.e., computer based. The question paper will be divided into five sections which carry 100 marks. The exam duration will be 2.5 hours (150 minutes). For every correct answer 3 marks will be awarded and for every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
|Section Number||Section Name||Number of questions|
|5||GK/ Current Affairs||20|
The list of exam centres for the test will be announced with admission schedule, October 2018.
- Column Graphs
- Bar Graphs
- Line Charts
- Pie Charts
- Graphs Representing Area
- Venn Diagram, etc
- Ratios and Proportion
- In- equations
- Profit and Loss
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Work and Time
- Permutations and Combinations
- Critical Reasoning
- Visual Reasoning
- Assumption – Premise – Conclusion
- Assertion and Reasons
- Statements and Assumptions
- Identifying Valid Inferences
- Identifying Strong Argument and Weak Argument
- Statements and Conclusions
- Cause and effect
- Identifying true or false
- Linear arrangements
- Matrix arrangements
- Family tree
- Symbol based problems
- Coding and Decoding
- Identifying next number in series, etc
- Comprehension of Passage
- Verbal Reasoning
- Fill in the blanks
- Jumbled Paragraphs
- Sentence Correction
- Sentence Completion
- Sentence Correction
- Odd man out
- One word substitution
- Different usage of same word, etc
General Knowledge/ Current Affairs
For current affairs and general knowledge, you may check our GK Capsule videos on Youtube.
- It is really important to plan a timetable and stick to it.
- Another thing, understand every topic rather than just learning it. If your concepts will be clear, it will be easy for you to solve any kind of question.
- Make notes or a list of formulas, so that you don’t have to rush back and forth every time looking for a particular topic. This method of making notes will save you a lot of time.
- Give time limits to yourself while solving a question. Take maximum 80 seconds for solving each question. You can do this exercise once your concepts are clear.
- For Quantitative Ability section, you can prepare form class 5 to 10 NCERT syllabus. You may also take online mock test.
- For Logical Reasoning, again you may take an online mock tests from Indiabix, and you can also refer from R S Aggarwal’s book on Reasoning which is easily available.
SRMCAT Result 2018
The result for the entrance test will be declared on May 2018 on its official website. Candidates will be selected on the basis of ranks secured and score in the written examination. The university will release a merit list of the selected candidates and will later declare scores of the selected candidates.
You can check your result by entering the registration number that you received in the starting while filling the application form. After the result is declared, selected candidates will be called for online and on-campus counselling.
If you have any queries on this, tell us in the comment section below.