SRMGEET 2018 – SRM Graduate Engineering Test 2018 will be conducted by Sri Ramaswamy Memorial University for the candidates seeking admission in the various M.Tech courses. SRMGEET 2018 will be a common entrance exam for both SRM University and SRM University Haryana. Candidates with valid GATE score will also be considered for admission in M.Tech courses. Interested candidates will get all the information related to the exam on the official website of SRM University i.e. www.srmuniv.ac.in.
Important Dates for SRMGEET 2018
|SRMGEET 2018 Application Begins from||3rd week of November 2017|
|Last Date for the receipt of filled in application||Last week of March 2018|
|Beginning of Slot Booking||Last week of March 2018|
|Ending of Slot Booking||1st week of April 2018|
|Date of Examination||3rd week of April 2018|
|Declaration of Result||1st week of May 2018|
Interested candidates who will apply for SRMGEET 2018 will have to be eligible as per norms of the university. The eligibility criteria for M.Tech courses (duration- 2 years) will be as follows:
- Candidates will have to be passed in B.E/B.Tech or Masters in the appropriate discipline with a minimum aggregate of 60%.
- Only Indian Nationals will be allowed to apply for SRMGEET 2018.
- Candidates who will have a valid GATE score can also apply with enclosing a copy of the score card.
Application Form for SRMGEET 2018
To apply for SRMGEET 2018, the candidates will have to fill the application form for the respective courses they want to pursue in. The application forms will be available from the 3rd week of November 2017 and in three options which are:
Online Mode – The candidates will have to fill the application form online by registering themselves on the official website www.srmuniv.ac.in. Candidates will have to enter a valid email id, mobile number. After this, the candidates will get the login Id and password through email or registered mobile number. Candidates will have to login and fill the complete application form which includes personal details, academic qualifications, contact details and course options. Lastly, the candidates will have to pay the application fee which will be Rs. 1060.
Offline Mode – Candidates will be provided with the offline mode option also. In the offline mode the candidates will get the application form in two options which are:
- Download – In this, the candidates will have to download the application form from the website and send the application form with a Demand Draft of Rs. 1060 in the favour of SRMIST, which will be payable in Chennai.
- In Person – The candidates will also have the option to obtain the application form for SRMGEET 2018 from various SRM University Campuses by making the cash payment of Rs. 1060.
Application Fee Payment – The application fee for SRMGEET 2018 will be Rs. 1060/- which can be paid in three options: firstly, through online payment using Credit/Debit Cards or Net Banking. Secondly, through DD in the favour of SRMIST, which will be payable in Chennai. Thirdly, through cash payment at the various university campuses.
The candidates, who will appear for the SRMGEET 2018, will have to go through an exam pattern provided by the university on the official website www.srmuniv.ac.in. The exam pattern will consist of:
Duration of Exam – the SRMGEET 2018 entrance examination will be held for 2½ hours (two hours and thirty minutes).
Number of Questions – There will be total 100 questions which will carry 300 marks in total.
Marking Scheme – Each correct answer will get 3 marks and each wrong answer will get -1 mark (minus one).
Exam Syllabus – The SRMGEET 2018 will be held in twelve papers which will include subjects such as Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Computer Science, Chemical, Biotechnology, GIS, Environmental, Food Processing and Material Science.
SRMGEET 2018 Admit Card
Once the application process will successfully be completed then, the admit cards will be issued to the candidates by the university. The admit cards will be available on the official website. The candidates will have to download the admit card by login using their user id and password. Candidates will have to bring the admit cards at the time of examination, without it the entry will not be allowed to the candidates.
SRMGEET 2018 Result
The candidates will get their results for SRMGEET 2018 in the first week of May 2018 and it will be uploaded on the official website www.srmuniv.ac.in. The results will decide the qualified candidates for the SRMGEET 2018 and the candidates’ admission to their respective courses. The candidates will obtain the results by login using user id and password. Candidates will have to take a print out of the rank card which will be required at the time of counselling sessions.
General Instructions for SRMGEET 2018
- Candidates will have to bring the print out of the admit card at the examination centre.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without the admit card and required documents.
- Candidates will have report half an hour before at the examination centre for all the verification process.
- Candidates will not be allowed to bring any books, electronic instruments at the time of examination.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the examination hall before the scheduled time.
SRMGEET Important Information
Candidates can check the Syllabus, Model Question Paper with Answer Key for the M.Tech Admission.