SSN School of Management MBA Admission 2018 – SSN School of Management invites application for MBA Admission for the session 2018-20. The program is a compulsorily residential with the same fee structure for Management Quota and Government quota. Admissions for management quota seats are made purely on MERIT on ALL INDIA BASIS. Applicants seeking admission to MBA program of SSN School of Management (SSN SoM) should have taken any one of the following all India admission Tests- CAT / XAT / MAT / CMAT or TANCET.
SSN School of Management is a much sought-after destination for students aspiring to do a MBA program. The 250-acre campus with all modern infrastructure and facilities make it an ideal place to hone one’s skills, expand one’s horizons and transform into a leader. The residential nature of the program offers an ideal opportunity for peer-interaction and learning leading to an unforgettable experience.
SSN School of Management MBA Admission 2018
Government Quota for SSN School of Management Admission:
Seats for the MBA program at SSN normally get filled up on the first day of counseling much ahead of its peer institutions. At the end of day 1 of the counseling, there were only two institutions with all its seats taken up and SSN was one among them.
Admissions to the Government Quota are handled by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Tamil Nadu. Candidates seeking admission under the Government Quota must have written the TANCET exam (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test) conducted by the Anna University. The single-window counseling normally takes place in the months of July / August every year at the Government College of Technology, Coimbatore.
Seats for the MBA program at SSN normally get filled up on the first day of counseling much ahead of its peer institutions.
Management Quota for SSN School of Management Admission:
Admissions under the Management Quota to SSN School of Management are made purely on merit.
Candidates seeking MBA admissions under the Management Quota must have written one of the entrance tests – CAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA, MAT or TANCET. The selection process is based on the scores in the entrance test as well as past academic record and performance at the Group Discussion and Personal Interview organized by the Institution.
The fees are the same for students admitted under both Management Quota and Government Quota.
Eligible candidates can apply or download the application for MBA Admission in SSN School of Management from the official website. Candidates are advised to check their eligibility before filling the application form. Candidates can apply or download the application form given below links.
Last date for receipt of completed application form is March 31, 2018.
Candidates are however advised to apply immediately for participation in early rounds of GD and PI.
Send filled-in form, with non-refundable fee of Rs. 950/- DD in favor of “SSN School of Management” payable at Chennai, to
The Administrative Officer,
Chennai 600 004.
The envelope should be superscripted with “APPLICATION FOR MBA 2018-20”
Attachments that must be sent compulsorily with application form:
- DD for Rs. 950/- (non-refundable) drawn in favor of SSN School of Management payable at Chennai
- Copy of entrance test hall ticket or copy of score sheet.
- Copies of attested educational certificates and mark sheets (X, XII and semester-wise UG). In case of candidates graduating in 2018, UG mark sheets up to the most recent semester need to be sent. Web copies of results are also accepted for mark sheets. No original certificates are required to be sent along with the application.
Candidates fulfilling the following criteria are eligible to apply for the Program:
- Education Qualification: Any graduation of three years duration or more that is recognized by Anna University, Chennai.
- Candidates seeking MBA admissions under the Management Quota must have written one of the entrance tests – CAT, XAT, ATMA, MAT or TANCET. The selection process is based on the scores in the entrance test as well as past academic record.
- Consistent marks of above 60% in X, XII and UG, and preferably no history of arrears.
- Work experience will be given weightage
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on their scores in one of the entrance tests – CAT, XAT, ATMA, MAT or TANCET.
- Shortlisted Applicants will be called for Group Discussion
- GD will be followed by Personal Interviews.
Instruction to Candidates
- The program is a compulsorily residential with the same fee structure for Management Quota and Government quota.
- Admissions for management quota seats are made on MERIT on ALL INDIA BASIS. Applicants seeking admission to MBA program of SSN School of Management (SSN SoM) should have taken any one of the following all India admission Tests- CAT 2017 / XAT 2018/ MAT (Sept / Dec 2017, Feb / May 2018), CMAT 2018 or TANCET 2018 or any State Level Admission Tests).
- Candidates with less than 60% (or equivalent) in X / XII / UG or those who have more than 2 history of arrears in UG are requested not to apply. For candidates completing their UG in 2018, cumulative performance till the most recent semester will be considered for provisional admission. The final admission will be subject to them meeting the above criteria in the overall UG program.
- Candidates with not less than 60% (or equivalent) in X / XII / UG but with more than 2 history of arrears in their UG program can send their semester wise marks details and arrear history by email to [email protected] These will be examined on a case to case basis and candidates suitably advised whether to make a formal application.
- Call for group discussion and interviews will be based on past academic track record and performance in the entrance test. Past academic track record will also include history of arrears in the UG program. The call for GD/PI in case of candidates with one and two history of arrears is subject to the academic review by SSN and the institution reserves the right to call for GD/PI.
- The rank lists would take into account past academic record, entrance test scores, work experience, writing skills and performance at GD & Interview to be held by us. Please note that SSN uses these entrance test scores as one of the bases for admissions. The institutions conducting the tests have no role in the admissions of SSN SoM.
- Candidates should attach a copy of their scorecard or hall ticket of admission test along with SSN application form. If the score card has not been received yet, a copy of the hall ticket must be enclosed. A copy of the score card must be sent by email to [email protected] once it is received.