Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences (SVIMS), Tirupati will release the notification from the eligible candidates of Andhra Pradesh/Telangana to appear for online entrance test to Postgraduate (MD/MS) courses at SVIMS for the year 2018. Candidates can fill application through online mode as per schedule. Candidates can check the complete information of SVIMS MD Admission 2018 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
- Emergency Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine
- Transfusion Medicine
SVIMS MD Admission 2018
Candidates seeking admission in SVIMS MD (PG medical courses) 201 may fill their application in online mode only. Application can be filled from the official website svimstpt.ap.nic.in as per schedule. Those who fill their application on time will be able to download the e-hall ticket/admit card for computer based test which will be held in the month of April 2018.
|Commencement of Online Registration||3rd week of Mar 2018|
|Last date for Online Registration of Applications||2nd week of Apr 2018|
|Download of Admit Card (e-Hall Ticket)||3rd week of Apr 2018|
|Computer based Entrance Test||3rd week of Apr 2018|
|Release of question paper and key||3rd week of Apr 2018|
|Release of final key and Merit List||1st week of May 2018|
|Download of Rank Card||1st week of May 2018|
|Commencement of the course||3rd week of May 2018|
Selection of candidates for PG Medical courses will be made on the basis of rank obtained in the entrance test.
SVIMS MD 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates who satisfy the Local or Non-local status in Andhra Pradesh / Telangana (Residence requirement) as laid down in Andhra Pradesh Education Institutions (Regulations of Admissions) Order, 1974 are eligible and the selection will be done as per the procedure laid down in the G.O.P.No.646, as amended from time to time. Copy of the G.O is available in the Institute’s website.
- The admissions are subject to the procedure laid down in the G.O. Ms.No. 25, of HM & FW (E1), Dept. Govt. of A.P.
- The candidates who have passed MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by MCI and completed internship at the time of their applying are eligible. The candidates who will be completing internship on or before March 31, 2018 are also eligible to apply and such candidates have to submit their application along with internship completion certificate.
- Must have registered with the Medical Council of India / State Medical Council.
- Candidates who are already studying PG Degree/ Diploma course shall not be permitted to appear for entrance test unless they fulfill the requisite bond condition executed for the course they are presently enrolled in and shall submit an evidence in favor of the same from the University
Note: If the candidate is found to have submitted false / concealed information, he/she is liable to be disqualified for admission and in case already admitted, the admission will be cancelled and disciplinary action will be taken.
SVIMS MD 2018 Exam Pattern
The Computer based entrance test shall be conducted by Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati.
The entrance examination is common to all the post-graduate courses and consists of 150 MCQs.
An approximate break-up of the question paper is given below:
The duration of the exam is 135 minutes.
All the questions will be of one best/ correct response type having four alternatives. Each answer with correct response shall be awarded one mark. There is no negative mark for incorrect response. Zero mark will be given for the questions not answered.
SVIMS MD 2018 Merit List
Sri Venkateshwara Institute of Medical Sciences will release the list of candidates who qualified the SVIMS PG Entrance Test held in the month of April 2018. The Merit List will be uploaded on the official website of the SVIMS. The candidates can also check the SVIMS MD 2018 Merit List using the official links which will be provided below.
About SVIMS MD Merit List
- Selection of candidates for PG Medical courses is made on the basis of rank obtained in the entrance test.
- The candidate who secured a minimum of 50% marks for open category, 45% for persons with locomotory disability of lower limbs and 40% for SC, ST and Backward Classes are eligible for admission into the Post Graduate courses as per PG medical education regulations of Medical Council of India.
- Merit list has been prepared and rank is allotted on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance test.
- In case of tie in the marks obtained in the entrance test, to break the tie, their inter se merit shall be determined in the descending order as follows:
- Marks secured in the MBBS examination up to two decimal places
- In case there is still a tie, according to age, the older candidate shall get preference over the younger one
Note: Mere permission to appear for the entrance test and securing rank in the entrance test is not guaranteed for admission, unless he/she fulfils all the criteria as laid down in the prospectus at the time of counselling
The qualified candidates have to report for counselling in person with e-hall ticket, rank card and other required original documents. Not attending to the counselling shall render the candidate forfeiting his/her right for admission and the next candidate in the order of merit will be preferred.
List of Document to be submitted at the time of Counselling & Admission (All Originals and one set of photo copies)
- e-Hall ticket and Hard copy of the application abstract.
- 10th class (SSC) certificate
- MBBS degree certificate
- MBBS consolidated marks memo
- Certificate of Internship
- Medical Council Registration Certificate
- Transfer / Migration certificate of MBBS.
- Study & Conduct certificates of Inter to MBBS (7 years).
- Study and conduct certificates from VI to Intermediate (Applicable for candidates who completed MBBS from state-wide Universities / state-wide educational institutions / statewide courses in Andhra Pradesh as defined in the G.O.P.No. 646 dt: 10th July, 1981.
- Integrated permanent community certificate for SC/ST/BC categories
- Residence certificate issued by Tahsildar in the proforma given in the application (for candidates who have not studied in any institution during the whole or any part of ten consecutive academic years in Andhra Pradesh immediately preceding the qualifying examination).
- Fees as indicated below.
The Selected candidate has to pay the following fees on the day of counselling :
* Part of the tuition fee of Rs. 30,000/- and Other fee of Rs. 12,000/- has to be paid at the time of counselling and the balance tuition fee will be deducted from their monthly stipend in installments.
# To be paid on the date of admission.
** For those who wish to stay in the Hostel only.
For candidates who are already admitted and opting for sliding have to pay Rs.10,000/- towards sliding processing fee.
Official Website: www.svimstpt.ap.nic.in.
For more details of SVIMS MD (PG Medical) Admission – Download 2017 Information Brochure.
Insofar, official details of SVIMS MD (PG Medical) Admission 2018 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as SVIMS releases SVIMS MD (PG Medical) Admission 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.