SVUCET 2018 – Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati has released the notification for admission to various Postgraduate courses for the academic year 2018-19. Entrance tests are being conducted for admission into M.A., M.Sc., M.Com. M.Ed., M.P.Ed. M.L.I.Sc., M.S., and M.Sc. Tech Courses offered in the Campus and affiliated colleges of Sri Venkateswara University. The candidates can read the complete details about SVUCET 2018, such as eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, selection process, etc, from this page.
SVUCET 2018 for MA, M.Sc, M.Com, M.Ed, MLISc, MS, & MSc Tech
SVUCET 2018 Entrance tests will be conducted for admission into various Courses offered in the Campus and affiliated colleges of Sri Venkateswara University for the academic year 2018-19. The admissions will be governed by the SVUCET – 2018 rules and regulations. Candidates are advised to read carefully eligibility criteria and other details before submitting the application form.
Schedule for SVUCET 2018 is given below:
|Online Application starts from||14 Mar 2018|
|Uploading of Online Application with fine R.500/- + Registration fee||12 May 2018 to 15 May 2018|
|Last date for submission of printout of online application||17 May 2018|
|Downloading of Hall Ticket||21 May 2018|
|Entrance tests||Last week of May 2018|
|Admissions||Last week of June 2018|
|Sliding and Admissions||First week of July 2018|
|Spot Admissions (Admissions for Unfilled Seats)||Third week of July 2018|
|Class Work for 1st Semester||Second week of July 2018|
The application can be submitted through online only at the website www.svudoa.in by registering the name and other details. A Separate registration is not required for each Test. The Candidate can apply for more than one test in a single registration. Such candidates have to pay the applicable fee depends upon the tests selected.
The payment of registration and processing fee Rs.300/- (SC/ST/PH) and fee Rs. 400/- (OC/BC/Others) can be made either by SBI generated challan or by online payment gateway (like credit/debit card/ Net banking). Bank Charges applicable as per the payment option selected by the applicant.
- The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination with a minimum of 40% marks in the concerned subject. For the courses where the admission is based on the degree as a whole, the aggregate percentage in the group subjects should be 40% of marks. For admission into M.Ed., the aggregate marks in B.Ed. should be 50%. For admission into M.Sc. Tech in Hydrogeology, the aggregate marks in M.Sc. should be 50%. Pass is sufficient for SC/ST candidates.
- The candidates who have appeared for the final year qualifying examination are also eligible to take the tests. But they should have passed the qualifying examination with requisite minimum marks by the time the SVUCET-2018 admissions take place.
- Candidates who qualify themselves in the SVUCET-2018, but do not have the requisite percentage of marks in the qualifying examination or not satisfying the subject eligibility requirement are not eligible for admission.
- Candidates who pass the qualifying examinations in September / October supplementary examinations of 2018 are not eligible for admission during the academic year 2018-19.
Hall tickets will not be sent by post. Candidates have to download the hall tickets from the website www.svudoa.in by entering the application number given in the student copy of the Registration form. SVUCET-2018 hall ticket is to be produced at the time of admission. The candidates are advised to preserve the hall ticket carefully for the fututre purpose.
SVUCET-2018 Entrance Tests
- Entrance tests will be conducted at Tirupati only. No Entrance test for the courses if less number of applications received than the existing seats.
- There is a prescribed syllabus for each entrance test. The syllabus of each test consists of Section A for 30 questions, Section B for 30 questions and Section C for 40 questions.
- Each entrance test will be of 90 minutes duration with 100 multiple choice type questions. Each question carries one mark.
- The question papers for Computer Science, English, Space Technology and Hydrogeology tests will be only in English while language tests will be in the respective languages. For all other tests, the question papers will be in both English and Telugu.
- No candidate will be permitted into the examination hall without proper hall ticket.
- No candidate will be allowed to carry calculators, books, papers, mathematical and physical tables, slide rules, pagers, electronic organizers, digital diaries, cellular phones or any other calculating aid into the examination hall.
- If the Government/University approves the starting of a P.G. course at a new centre after the last date for submission of filled applications but before the admissions are closed, all the candidates who qualify in the concerned test that makes them eligible for admission into that course will be considered for admission at the new centre also.
- The different courses, the number of seats and the eligibility criteria for admission into each course along with the entrance test one have to take.
- In case of the course where there are seats with different eligibility criteria, the vacant seats in either category (after exhausting the complete list) can be filled with candidates of other categories.
- If the applications received for any test/course are equal to or less than the number of available seats, entrance test will not be conducted for that Course. However, the candidates will be admitted directly in such courses after verifying the eligibility criteria and marks in the qualifying examination.
There are no qualifying marks in the SVUCET-2018 Entrance test. All the candidates appeared for the Entrance test will be awarded test-wise Rank as per marks secured in the test appeared. Rank cards shall be downloaded from the website www.svudoa.in after the publication of the results (Rank cards will not be sent by post). The rank obtained in SVUCET–2018 is valid for admission for the academic year 2018-2019 only.
When there is a tie on the basis of marks obtained in the test as a whole, it will be resolved on the basis of marks obtained in Section C. If there is still a tie, it will be resolved on the basis of marks obtained in Section B. If there is still a tie, it will be resolved as per seniority in age.
- All admissions pertaining to all the colleges would be made through web counseling only by the Directorate of Admissions, S.V.University, Tirupati.
- The special category admissions (i.e. PH / NCC / NSS / CAP and Sports) will be conducted in offline mode. It will be done at Directorate of admissions, S.V. University, Tirupati after the Certificate Verification.
- The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination with the minimum percentage of marks, when he/she is called for the Certificate Verification for admission, failing which the qualified candidates next in rank would be allowed.
- Guidelines for certificates verification and web options will be intimated after test results.
- Admission into each course will be done by calling at least three candidates for every seat in each category. Candidates have to attend the Certificate Verification at the DOA, at their own expenses with the required documents and fees.
- If a candidate fails to attend the Certificate Verification at the specified date and time for whatever reason he/she shall forfeit the seat and the candidate next in rank will be considered for Certificate Verification. Any representation for postponement of the date and time of personal appearance will not be entertained.
- If a candidate reports himself/herself after the Certificate Verification is over with some valid reason, such a candidate on written representation may be considered for Certificate Verification into the course if only there is a vacancy in the particular category for which he/she is eligible.
- The DOA issue the Scratch Card / OTP to each eligible candidate. It should be preserved by the candidate until the admission procedure is completed.
- Web Counselling Process.
- The cases of pending revaluation will not be considered.
At the time of Certificate Verification at DOA S.V.University, Tirupati, the following original documents should be submitted by the candidate.
- SVUCET-2018 Rank card and Hall Ticket.
- Marks statements and Provisional/Degree Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Transfer and Conduct certificates (Admission will not be given if T.C. from the institution where the candidate studied last is not submitted).
- SSC and Intermediate pass certificates.
- Two Passport size photographs.
- Study certificates from IX class to the qualifying examination.
- Caste certificate in original from the Tahshildar in case of SC/ST/BC candidates, obtained in the year 2018 OR permanent caste certificate.
- White Ration Card / Income certificate from the Tahshildar obtained in 2018 (for those who wish to apply for Scholarship/ fee concession). Fee concession if eligible, will not be given if income certificate is not submitted.
- Relevant certificate in case of physically challenged /extracurricular activities (NCC/NSS/Games & Sports / Cultural Activity) category.
- Discharge certificate and service certificate of the parent in case of a child of the armed person.
- Residence Certificate of parents for the stay in the state of A.P. from Tahshildar in case of candidates, who have studied outside A.P./ carried out the private study.
- Migration certificate (for other University candidates).
Note: Bonified /Course completed Certificates are not allowed for Admission instead of Transfer Certificate).
Official Website: www.svudoa.in.
For More Detail Regarding SVUCET 2018 – Download Information Brochure.